The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-06, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Talking about pea meal back bacon, breakfast, Pres. Choice, junk food, and possible new finds (junk food, or not), made me wonder...

1) What is your breakfast habit?

2) What is your favorite breakfast?

3) Do you have a favorite breakfast that's quick & easy to make, and could be good for any family meal? Tell.

4) (Totally non-breakfast related, if you like) Have you found a really good packaged food lately?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Me? I hate breakfast. If, by that, you mean something eaten close to awakening. I need some time before my body will accept food, or the smell of food. Usually, it's just water or maybe a swallow ot two of Mountain Dew (with the rest reserved for later).

2) I already posted about my lvoe of pea meal back bacon on toast with a side of tomatoes and crisp hashbrowns. Another is simply cold cuts and/or cheese (maybe with potato chips). "Normal" breakfast is nothing, or cheese & chips, or an olive or two (maybe with the chips & cheese). I'm weird, I know.

3) From a B&B we stayed at for years...
English muffin, split, both sides lightly covered with mayonaise. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Top with layer of thinly sliced zucchini, thin tomato slice, pre-cooked bacon (crisp), and cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.

(Those first two I can actually stomach shortly after awakening, if I must - particularly if someone else cooks them. Or, at any meal.)

4) Fresh Express Asian Salad Supreme. Greens, snap peas, cabbage, carrots, crispy wontons, dried cherries, and a ginger/lemon dressing. This stuff is good! (Someone else makes a packaged Asian Salad, too. I was disappointed with theirs.)

I know my breakfast habits aren't exactly healthy. Other than eggs (which I can't stand unless egg salad or deviled) what do you suggest? (And, what's a fast main dish or side that you've discovered? As I don't like breakfast, I'm all about trying to make my other meals make up for it. )

Pack Alpha Status Accorded by Tribe blogging's scary

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... tribephyl 08-21-06 1
   RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Snidget 08-21-06 6
       RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... weltek 08-21-06 9
           RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Snidget 08-21-06 11
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... PepeLePew13 08-21-06 2
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... geg6 08-21-06 3
   RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Snidget 08-21-06 4
       RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... geg6 08-21-06 5
           RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... mysticwolf 08-21-06 16
   RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... weltek 08-21-06 8
       RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... mysticwolf 08-21-06 17
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... weltek 08-21-06 7
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... azkate 08-21-06 10
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Brownroach 08-21-06 12
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Bobdechemist 08-21-06 13
   RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... EMTBGRL 08-21-06 14
       RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... mysticwolf 08-21-06 15
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Sagebrush Dan 08-21-06 18
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... Denalio 08-22-06 19
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... frodis 08-22-06 20
 Trader Joe's mysticwolf 08-22-06 21
   RE: Trader Joe's frodis 08-22-06 22
       RE: Trader Joe's mysticwolf 08-22-06 27
       Ha! Sagebrush Dan 08-22-06 30
   RE: Trader Joe's tribephyl 08-22-06 23
       RE: Trader Joe's Sagebrush Dan 08-22-06 24
           RE: Trader Joe's LibraRising 08-22-06 26
       RE: Trader Joe's frodis 08-22-06 25
           *drool* Sagebrush Dan 08-22-06 29
 RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recip... samboohoo 08-22-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Coffee. Then Water.

Eggs Benedict. Lotso Hollandaise

3) Do you have a favorite breakfast that's quick & easy to make, and could be good for any family meal? Tell.
Cereal?
No, I know ... IceCats fluffly pancakes. (Non-Fetal Version)

4) (Totally non-breakfast related, if you like) Have you found a really good packaged food lately?
Anything from TraderJoe's.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"

I have to have breakfast soon after getting up or I get really sick. Typically I do a carb heavy breakfast along the lines of cereal and fruit or toast (although I like a piece of cheese with the toast rather than fruit) or bagels.

I do sometimes do a eggs, right now I usually do a 2 egg omelet with some onion and other veggies with a bit of cheese or I steam the eggs in the steamer to just before they get hard. I don't like runny yolks, but I like them before they get all the way hard.

Eggs scrambled with onion and cheese served with hashbrowns, and bacon on the side.

Or Hashbrowns at Waffle House smothered and covered.

I've not made one, but I like it when I'm at someone's house with one of those make ahead bake the morning of breakfast casseroles. It is too much to make for just me.

Kashi is one of my favorite brands. I like the frozen dinners they have come out with recently. I also lvoe the crackers they make.

Also anything by Thai Kitchen (it all has way more sodium than I should have but for add some water and nuke stuff it is really tasty and the soups are better than the instant ramen stuff)

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Waffle House. Heh. Nolay LOVES Waffle House & gets very sad when we can't find one on vacation. He likes hashbrowns with EVERYTHING...smothered, covered, capped, topped, you name it. Then he throws a few eggs on top & chops them up (*stomach ache*).

I have to admit, I also like Waffle House.

08-21-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Come to North carolina! I think there is a law that says there must be a Waffle House at every highway exit.

It's a tribe creation!

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Mmmm nothing like talking about food when I've been up most of the night on a nausea-filled stomach.

>1) What is your breakfast habit?
Coffee and more coffee once I get up. If I'm in the mood, will have some cereal (Shreddies with a chopped-up banana) or a 12-grain bagel with butter. On weekends, I'll sometimes go a little more all-out with a big fat omelette or some eggs, bacon and sausage -- I average about every other weekend for this kind of breakfast.

>2) What is your favorite breakfast?
Pancakes with berries, crispy bacon, sausages and a couple of over-easy eggs.

>3) Do you have a favorite breakfast that's quick & easy
>to make, and could be good for any family meal? Tell.
A favourite is to cut open a croissant and dip it in some egg mixed with a dash of milk and cook it like a french toast. Add some syrup. Ta da, only takes a couple of mins, and the croissant adds a really different flavour from the typical french toast bread. And looks more stylish.

I've made omelettes for dinner before -- with omelettes, I can fry some chopped up ham for a couple mins to get it nice and hot, then throw it into a mix of eggs, or I can zap some bacon in the microwave since I'm less fussy about how bacon appears and then throw it into the egg mixture. If I'm cooking bacon on its own, I gotta fry it but for omelettes, I can just zap it in the microwave for a shorter period of time.

>4) (Totally non-breakfast related, if you like) Have you
>found a really good packaged food lately?
We've discovered the Thai Kitchen line of goods, just add some chicken to the Thai peanut satay or curry seasoning (or one of about four other seasoning choices). Quicker than doing it from scratch with own spices/flavouring, although I'm sure it's not quite as natural.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-06 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

>1) What is your breakfast habit?

I can't usually eat breakfast as my stomack is always slightly nauseated for the first few hours after I awake. I drink coffee (2 cups only) every morning. If I'm at home for the day, I'll have some OJ a bit later. Then nothing until lunch. If I'm at work, I usually take a granola bar with me to munch on around 10am.

>2) What is your favorite breakfast?

If I eat breakfast (usually only happens on vacations), it's Eggs Benedict. Love Eggs Benedict. Though I'd rather have them for lunch.

>3) Do you have a favorite
>breakfast that's quick & easy
>to make, and could be
>good for any family meal?
>Tell.

My mom used to make apple and corn fritters for breakfast on Sundays. If my dad was working second shift and she had a lot of things to do after she got home from work, she'd sometimes make these for us for dinner.

Now you've made me hungry for them! And I have no idea how to make them! I haven't had them since she was diagnosed with bone cancer and I never thought to get her to tell me how to make them before she died. *big regrets on that one*

>4) (Totally non-breakfast related, if you
>like) Have you found a
>really good packaged food lately?

Since I've settled into the single life, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't cooked dinner for myself (even from a package) in months. I usually eat a huge lunch and then have an apple with peanut butter for dinner these days.

Edited to fix HTML.

08-21-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Does this recipe help? Since you can add either corn or apples, I'd think some of each would work

http://www.mycookingblog.com/post/1-teri/3871/Fritters-Apple-or-Corn

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Sounds close to hers. Seems something is missing, though. I'll have to call one of my older sisters to see if they know what.

08-21-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Those sound really good. If you get the recipe will you share?

My mom did lots of things well, but cooking was not one of them. No regrets about not getting any of her recipes, but there are a few of my dad's that I wish I'd gotten. I have a single, odd, fond, memory of him cooking Finnan Haddie that everyone raved about, for one.

08-21-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
I rarely have eggs benedict, but LOVE it! I made a semi-lower fat version at home & it was good.

08-21-06, 10:58 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Eggs Benedict always looks good in pictures, and, except for the egg part, it includes stuff I lvoe. But, I've never had it. Wonder how it'd taste without the egg part?

08-21-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
During the week: Toast or an english muffin with Brummel & Brown & sometimes jelly, 1 piece of fruit. We eat in the car.

Weekends: 1 day of cereal, 1 day of a traditional big breakfast...contents vary.

Country Kitchen has a yummy skillet breafast I love. At home or most restaurants: Omelet with a side of hashbrowns & bacon. Or, for holidays we often make a breakfast casserole with eggs, bread, cheese, ham & buttery cornflakes on the top.

Not really anything special. I want to start making fritatas, though.

Hmmm...I havne't bought much packaged food lately. I did get some Kashi granola bars in Pumpkin Spice & they were good. They are the crunchy kind, though...not my favorite, but better for me than the gooey ones.

That's Asian salad sounds divine! I'll keep an eye out!

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-21-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
One cup of very strong coffee followed by one bottle of water followed by one can of V8

Sunday brunch at the Ritz Carlton

3) Do you have a favorite breakfast that's quick & easy
to make, and could be good for any family meal?

Scrambled eggs with veggies snuck in is quick and easy

I've been on a gumbo kick lately but don't have the time to make homemade. I found "Country Store Homestyle Soup Mix; Louisiana Style Gumbo" All you do is add the sausage/chicken/shrimp and cook. Serve with fresh french bread and salad. Yum!

another tribe work of art
Seriously, what the heck is pea back meal?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Coffee with a coffee chaser. Put me with the crowd that can't stand food right after waking up.

As per # 1, I don't have a favorite breakfast. I do like various breakfast foods (eggs, pancakes, French toast) but only for brunch or lunch.

No. (I mean, I don't have one, not that I won't tell you what it is.)

No.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-21-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
1) In the early morning, coffee or tea or OJ. Very rarely a half slice of toast or bit of cereal. But then I have to have a largish snack-bagal, cheese sandwich etc at 9:30/10 or I am zonked all day.

2) I love breakfasts, especially on fall mornings. Lots of coffee, eggs with shredded cheese, freshcracked ppepper on toast is my favorite at home, potato, bacon sausage on the side all optional but good.

3) Now I'm too damn hungry to answer your other questions. I'm going to go home.

drool

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-21-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Breakfast?

Well, I suppose the first thing I eat/drink "breaks my fast." (Hence: breakfast)

That's usually coffee with a water chaser.

My habit is to have breakfast for lunch.

(Terrible, I know, but it didn't always used to be this way.)

08-21-06, 10:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
You actually do better than I. If I'm at home my first actual meal is usually dinner, served around 8. Anything earlier is usually a piece of cheese, or maybe an olive or two. About the only time I eat an actual meal earlier is if I'm buying a lunch in the zoo (or, formerly, my plant) cafeteria.

Although, back when I worked at the plant I did occassionally give into temptation and get a breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy with crisp bacon and hashbrowns on the side. I referred to it as a heart attack on a plate.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Eat after doing some homework (food makes my mind foggy) and morning walk.
I generally have Kashi with blueberries, peaches, and banana with rice milk; the whites of three eggs fried in olive oil, topped with parmesan; and a slice of toast with a big fat blob of peanut butter.

Can't eat it anymore, but homefries with cheddar cheese mixed in with sausage

See #1

Trader Joes chicken sausage calzone

Tribe

It wasn't the butt of a mule. I was kissing a human being with a soul.
-Heath Ledger on his famous liplock with Jake Gyllenhaal

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-22-06, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
Sleep in as late as possible without being late for work and therefore, have no time for breakfast.

I love breakfast foods but I like sleeping more.

Eggs benedict (nice if someone else makes it, but I make my own version too that I like a lot) but I am also happy with omelettes, muffins or croissants, peaches and cream instant oatmeal, cold cereals such as Cheerios, or Corn Flakes with banana, Special K red berry cereal, french toast (Trader Joes makes a low fat one that is easy-peasy and I will eat in the car sometimes on the way to work), Mintz's Blintzes (yummy "dairy free cheese filled crepes" aka tofu also from Trader Joes), peach yogurt, bagels and lox... oh wait, you asked for our favorite, not our favoriteS. I will eat these as breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, dinner (and the blintzes also as dessert).

3) Do you have a favorite breakfast that's quick & easy
to make, and could be good for any family meal? Tell.

I vote for Mintz's Blintzes with fruit. Really yummy. See Trader Joes.

4) (Totally non-breakfast related, if you like) Have you found a really good packaged food lately? I am really enjoying Rosetto Frozen Chicken and Herb Ravioli. Since I am not a good cook and live alone, I like to find really quick and easy (nuke and eat) foods. These are yummy, low fat and easy!

Unrelated - if you live anywhere near a Burgerville, I highly recommend the wild coho salmon salad with hazelnuts. I find it hard to believe a fast food place offers such a wonderful find.
I think Burgervilles are only in Oregon, Washington and maybe California and Idaho...

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-22-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
I started to reply to this yesterday, got distracted, and gave up. Then, today I had a conversation about breakfast with some coworkers at lunch, so I figured I'd come back and post anyway.

I used to fall into the camp of a non-breakfast eater, because like many people have said, I tended to be a little nauseaus right when I woke up. For some reason, in the last few years that has stopped happening, and I'm much more inclined to eat breakfast, now. I actually think that better hydration has stopped my icky stomach, although I have nothing scientific to back that up.

Breakfast is now my favorite meal, although old habits die hard and I usually don't get up early enough at home to eat it and make it out the door on time.

Fruit-filled crepes. I make tasty crepes, very very thin and delicate. I'll eat crepes in a restaurant, but I don't like them as much as my own.

Or, cookies. I lvoe cookies. Too bad they're not breakfast food. (If DH and I eat a non-breakfast food for breakfast, like cookies or pie, we call it "concentrated donut." Which kind of makes it like breakfast food, sorta.)

My favorite part of going on vacation is eating a big, lazy breakfast and then not eating again until around 4pm when I have a light supper. When I travel for business I enjoy hanging the little card on the door of my hotel room at night, and waking up to room-service eggs, toast, bacon, hashbrowns, juice and coffee.

Grilled tomatoes. They're delicious with ham, on an english muffin. Add a little cheese if you like. They're good with scrambled eggs, too, if you like eggs.

My family has a recipe that sounds gross, but tastes good - you cube up a bunch of bread and toast it in a buttered skillet like you're making croutons, only once they get toasty you pour in a bunch of beaten eggs, and scramble it all up together. (We call it "egg cubes." My mom likes them with salt and pepper, dad likes them with syrup. Sound gross? I agree. But, it's tasty!)

I found some little lunch-portions of asian noodles in little chinese-take-out-shaped boxes. (I'm blanking on the name. Shoot.) They even come with a fork. I don't eat them for lunch, though - I stir-fry some chicken and flash-frozen veggies in a skillet, and then serve it with these noodles, and it makes for a nice, fast, dinner for two.

Like a bird on a stick, like a burning midnight fire, I have tried, in my life to be free.
Sigs by Bob-Poor drawing combined with obscure misquoted lyrics.

08-22-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
21. "Trader Joe's"
O.K. What is this Trader's Joe of which everyone speaks so highly? I've never heard of it. Is it a place? A brand of frozen food? What, or where, is it?

I lvoe blintzes, too. Never tried to make them, though.

08-22-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Trader Joe's"
It's a store. They carry a lot of specialty food items, and in general they're fairly inexpensive. Their frozen foods are my favorites. They have good dried fruits, and interesting meats and cheeses, too. They also have a really good variety of vegetarian options, as well as no-fat, non-dairy, etc.

My favorite item? It sounds simple, but they sell a one-pound bag of flash-frozen, sliced red/green/yellow peppers that are perfect to keep in the freezer and use in a pinch in chili, stews, on sandwiches, whatever.

Trader Joe's website:
http://www.traderjoes.com

And, an article on Trader Joe's that was in Slate, so you can get some idea of what it's all about:
http://www.slate.com/id/2138178/

Like a bird on a stick, like a burning midnight fire, I have tried, in my life to be free.

Spending the afternoon on OT because I can't motivate myself to do any work.

08-22-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Trader Joe's"
Ah, yes. I remember hearing about them and looking them up once before. Sounds like a great place to shop - or work. Unfortunately, all of the stores around me are at least a 3hr. drive away.

Which probably accounts for the fact that I promptly forgot all about them.

08-22-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Ha!"
Love the side story about Bush's "moronic" press conference!

Tribe

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Trader Joe's"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-06 AT 05:34 PM (EST)

Tis a "wonder" market in the california area.

Lot's and lots of imported, organic and small farm products.

Cheese and produce sections are outstanding as is their dried fruits and nuts section. I could spend all day deciding how many pounds of Marcona almonds or Spanish pistachios I should buy. (I decide on 2 lbs of each.)
Not to mention their "packaged food" section.
Their gorgonzola and pear pizzettes are to die for. I love their frozen potato latkes and goatcheese tarts and don't even get me started on the chimmichuri sauce or the roasted pepper hummus. MMMmmmm.

Even my dog likes to go there as they have his favorite "freeze-dried" goose livers available. He could eat a whole bag in one sitting, if I'd let him.

08-22-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Trader Joe's"
Trader Joe's is in Oregon, too. Also Arizona and possibly Colorado. Wonderful place. The one in our neighborhood is wall-to-wall people with about 15 checkers going constantly.

BEST.WHOLE.WHEAT.TORTILLAS.EVER!!!!!

Tribe

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-22-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Trader Joe's"
It's here in NYC, too.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

08-22-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Trader Joe's"
Ooh. The roasted red pepper hummus is truly delicious.

Also, the triple ginger snap cookies are wonderful - they have three kinds of ginger - ground, fresh, and crystallized so they're crispy and chewey and warm and spicy. Yum.

Trader Joe's also has Greek yoghurt, thick and tangy and delicious with honey and ground nuts. I was home alone when the opening ceremonies for the Athens olympics were on TV, and I celebrated by cooking myself a "greek" dinner of fish with lemon, oregano and olives, with yoghurt and honey for dessert. All from Trader Joe's.

They also have ginger-flavored Altoids.

And yummy Thai red curry sauce.

And mango salsa.

And... and... and...

08-22-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
29. "*drool*"
Don't know if they still have it, but the one in Eagle Rock in NE LA had the gooiest, stickiest, cinnamon rolls/bread around. Sugar shock for days, but well worth it. I haven't seen it here in Portland.

Tribe

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Food Thread - Breakfast , Recipes, & New Finds"
1)What is your breakfast habit?

It varies. I usually have breakfast at the office. It can be a bowl of cereal with fruit (especially in the summer - peaches or blueberries), oatmeal or cream of wheat, or a Carnation Instant Breakfast. There are occasions when I will grab a bagel.

I sometimes cook breakfast on the weekends. It varies. Or we'll go out.

Depends. I love omelettes. And lately, I've been on a spinach, tomato and cheese omelette. But I also love scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, toast and some sort of home fries. I like to have two pieces of toast. One I will use to make a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. The other I will put jelly on. I also love to make toast, butter it, put sliced cheddar cheese on it and then make an egg with the white hard and the yolk soft. The cheddar and the yolk are wonderful together.

I just did. You could also make breakfast burritos.

Tortillas
Cheese slices
Eggs
Crumbled Sausage
Tomatoes
Green Chilis
Salt and Pepper

Cook the sausage first. You can probably buy that rolled sausage and scramble it up like ground beef. Then add the tomatoes and chilis and salt and pepper. Then pour the eggs in and scramble that. Heat the tortilla, put the cheese in and add the egg mixture.

You can also do different variations with ham, potatoes, etc. You can make it as hot or mild as you want.

I love those Bertolli frozen pasta dishes. They take about 10 minutes to heat up in a skillet and you can serve it with a salad.

Thanks Tribe!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •