The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Juniors."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-18-03, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Juniors."
So the first episode has passed. Well, obviously because it's kids, they're all pretty patronizing, but they do give some good advice and at least weren't as bad as those judged on "Fame". The judges get one these "talent" shows don't ever seem to measure up to the "American Idol" trio, but I guess it's because they started the entire trend.

I have to say the girls really have an upperhand, when it comes to this group of 10. While all the kids had that spark and energy and enthusiasm, I'd have to say most the people I Liked were the girls in the competition. The only guys I picked was Tyler Foehr, the little blond ekid at the end. He was a kid,a nd he was clearly having fun, and even Mom, while feeding off her son, looked to be having genuine fun and not being a "stage Mom" or a "Surrogate Coach".

I REALLY liked Kristinia Debarge and Danielle White. I thought they had REALLY natural sounding voices and they wer ethe two that gave me the "Clay Aiken chills".

Julia Dubela and Katelyn Tover, I felt both didn't deliver their best, but they have something about them I really liked. Katelyn, obviously she's got a star quality, her look is impeccable next to the rest of the kids. Julia Dubela, I think would not seem as great in my book had she selected a different song. "Rainy Days & Mondays" was a GREAT selection, to me at least, she sent chills to me, but not in the talent factor of it, but because I feel she resembles a young Karen Carpenter, and watching her sing really brought something else to the song, I wonder if the judges picked up on it...

Those are five I selected,b ut for honorable mention, I thought Grace Leer had a great showing.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Juniors. katem 06-18-03 1
   RE: American Juniors. munson 06-18-03 2
   RE: American Juniors. RUTGERSpaul 06-18-03 4
   Agree 100% sleeeve 06-18-03 6
 RE: American Juniors. TODDLJ 06-18-03 3
   RE: American Juniors. RUTGERSpaul 06-18-03 5
 RE: American Juniors. Bebo 06-19-03 7
   RE: American Juniors. Gigglebush 06-19-03 8
   Result Show DoodleBug 06-19-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-18-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Juniors."
I disagree with you on several points:

> but they do give
>some good advice.

But I do agree on this. Especially Debbie Gibson was good at this. What the hell is Justin doing there?

>I have to say the girls
>really have an upperhand, when
>it comes to this group
>of 10.

Here I don't agree at all. I think they were even. In fact only one kid was REALLY good, and that was a boy. A.J., the kid with the disgusting Justin-looking hair. He was terrific.

And even though Morgan, the first one up, scares me a little, he does have great talent. I don't know if he can work in a group though, he wants the spotlight all to himself. He is a true DAW.

After them, we have slim pickings.

>The only guys I picked
>was Tyler Foehr, the little
>blond ekid at the end.

He was by FAR the worst of the night. Sure he was cute and giggly, but showed absolutely NO talent. I felt embarrassed just looking at the spectacle.

Maybe it was just the song, like Gladys pointed out, or I just don't know. I just think he was awful.

>I REALLY liked Kristinia Debarge and
>Danielle White. I thought
>they had REALLY natural sounding
>voices and they wer ethe
>two that gave me the
>"Clay Aiken chills".

Danielle was good, and deserves to move on, but not for the standing ovation that she received. Kristina was NOT in pitch at all.

>Julia Dubela and Katelyn Tover, I
>felt both didn't deliver their
>best, but they have something
>about them I really liked.

Katelyn would be fourth for me. I agree that there was something missing.

After these four kids: Morgan, A.J., Danielle and Katelyn, I really don't care who moves on, cause they were all mediocre at best.

Just my $0.02

(c) 2002, 03 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-18-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Juniors."
Katem,

At work right now. Very busy. BUT, just wanted to say I so disagree re the talent level in last night's show! God, help me if I lower my standards for little kids (I don't think that's the case) but as a group, I was very impressed with the talent displayed here. SO SO SO much better than the group on Fame and more impressive than the original 12 on AI2, IMHO.

Totally agree with you about Morgan and scary. He actually sang better on his two appearances on "America's Most Talented Kids" - even if he did lose both times.

06-18-03, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Juniors."
When I ssid I liked Tyler, I REALLY enjoyed his personality, his charisma, and you know what, it probably was the song selection that drew me in.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-18-03, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Agree 100%"
Those are my top 4, too... it will be interesting to see what America thinks.

Tyler was awful, but his auditions were pretty good... I think that he's going through *gasp* puberty right now... I remember that my voice sounded about the same as his did last night when I tried to sing during those formative years. Tyler probably had talent. He will probably have talent in the future. But other than being so nervous that he couldn't keep a straight face, this kid has nothing going for him right now and probably shouldn't make it through to the next round.

That said, they were ALL fun... I will really feel sorry for all that don't make it further in this competition.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-18-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Juniors."
Well, my Tivo pretty much ate the episode, it's been acting up on me.

So, I got all the performances in scrambled bits and pieces. I may have missed some kid's 'best moment,' I guess, but I think I saw enough to judge.

I won't do the full scathing commentary, I just can't bear to do that to kids.

My sentiments are closer to yours, RUTGERSpaul, then to katem's, but you both have good points. (And you know I love you both, that goes without saying.)

Here are my rankings:

THE GIRLS

1. Danielle White
I really liked her, and this was not due to the judges swaying me. She is singing correctly, not pushing or forcing, just supporting. And her pitch was flawless. Plus, she's gorgeous. Nuff said? She should make it all the way.
2. Katelyn Tarver
Image-wise (and image is ALL to me) she is dead-on. Her voice is certainly good enough for a 5-person group. She's a little Kimberly-Caldwell plastic, but I liked Kim C., so there you have it. She'd better make it to the next round.
3. Julie Dubela
I loved her acting... and lyric interpretation is a big thing for me. She has a nerd-factor going, I think, vulnerability that works for me. I hope she makes it to the next round, so we can see if it was just the song, or if she's the real thing.
5. Kristina Debarge
Her style seems right for this group. Her voice is good, but doesn't compare to Danielle, in my book. She had some pitch issues, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and blame nervousness. She could make it to the next round.
4. Grace Leer
She's flippin gorgeous, and looks sell records. In a different group, she might have shined vocally, but she was a bit outclassed here. Still, she's certainly not sucky. I'd be okay with her making it to the next round.
6. Kara Lieberman
She seems like a really intelligent, put-together kid. A lot of raw potential. Not ready yet. She's out.

THE BOYS

1. A.J. Melendez
There's something sort of cocky about him I don't like. But cocky sells records, too. His look could use some work. He'll probably move on, but I'm not sold yet.
2. Morgan Burke
Yeah, he's got real talent. And his performance was SOOOO much better than that hideous 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' he did in the audition. Still, there's something sort-of Diva-icky about him I can't quite place yet. He'll probably move on, but I'm still not sold.
3. Chauncey Matthews
I actually liked this little kid. His voice is kind of 'babyish' for me. He needs to grow up, he's just not ready.
4. Tyler Foehr
I LOVED this kid. He absolutely killed me, in a Johnathan Lipnicki sort of way. He has real star potential, and needs to be a model or actor. But as a SINGER in a 5-kid GROUP? Never. He might surprise us, katem, and move on, because of his charisma, but he'll never make it all the way, sorry.

OVERALL
1. Danielle
2. Katelyn
3. Julie
4. A.J.
5. Kristina

6. Morgan
7. Grace
8. Kara
9. Chauncey
10. Tyler

06-18-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: American Juniors."
See, ToddLJ leans towards my selections, and we all know Todd is the SUPERSTAR! He is the Reality TV World Idol.

I love the board! It's all love! Much love to Katem!

(Except for those who disagree with me on the Amazing Race board! J/K)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-03, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Juniors."
I broke my promise to myself and actually watched the results show. I hated how they strung the kids along at the end to announce the last one - I thought that was way too much pressure to put on them.

What I did like, though:
- For every single one of them, Ryan read out a positive comment. Seems to me like the judges were more concerned with giving encouragement and constructive criticism, which is exactly what these kids need at this age.
- At the end, the cameras quickly left the five who didn't make it, once they realized how many of the kids were crying. After all of the focus on Kim C.'s mascara runs during AI2, I was worried that they would exploit these kids' disappointment, but I think they handled that appropriately.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Gigglebush 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-19-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gigglebush Click to send private message to Gigglebush Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Juniors."
Wow! I can't believe that Chauncey got in. I can totally see the other 4 making it....but Chauncey was the worst by far. And I can't believe Grace didn't make it.

Something smells fishy here.

I could see if Chauncey scraped in just under the wire, but he actually got the most votes of anyone in the first round...and he was clearly the worst singer. Seems like some vote-fixing here. This is what ruins these types of shows for me. Ridiculous!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-03, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Result Show"
It was hard to watch that show last night. I told myself I wouldn't either, but I did anyway. That's too much pressure on those little kids to string them along. They were crying when Ryan said "after the break". So sad... I'm glad they didn't keep the camera on them.

I was totally surprised by Chauncey. I thought the DeBarge kid would make it. I picked the other 4.

I was SO happy to see so much positive criticism from the judges. Gladys Knight is just a great great judge.

A Kyngsladye Original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •