The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Time to get morbid...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-06, 03:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Time to get morbid...."
When one of us dies, how will the rest of us find out? Have our spouses or children do it? Leave it in our will? This is something that has bothered me since I first became obsessed attached to this board. Being that I am no stranger to death, I've wondered about this.

I told Sweetie to notify you guys, but he just laughed and said they'd have to drag him off my funeral pyre to do it. A sweet little thought of him to want to do that, but hardly practical.

Should there be a way to do it? Like if someone is missing for a week, have a friend from the boards check up on them. Ideas? Thoughts?

It wasn't the butt of a mule. I was kissing a human being with a soul.
-Heath Ledger on his famous liplock with Jake Gyllenhaal

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Snidget 08-16-06 1
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Denalio 08-22-06 64
       RE: Time to get morbid.... tribephyl 08-22-06 65
 RE: Time to get morbid.... samboohoo 08-16-06 2
 RE: Time to get morbid.... thndrkttn 08-16-06 3
 RE: Time to get morbid.... brvnkrz 08-16-06 4
 RE: Time to get morbid.... PepeLePew13 08-16-06 5
 RE: Time to get morbid.... mysticwolf 08-16-06 6
   RE: Time to get morbid.... geg6 08-16-06 7
 RE: Time to get morbid.... newsomewayne 08-16-06 8
   RE: Time to get morbid.... motormouth 08-16-06 34
       RE: Time to get morbid.... newsomewayne 08-17-06 54
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Ante Bellum 08-16-06 9
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-06 15
       RE: Time to get morbid.... Ante Bellum 08-16-06 19
   The Apocalypse cometh (redux) mrc 08-16-06 22
 RE: Time to get morbid.... ARnutz 08-16-06 10
   RE: Time to get morbid.... bystander 08-16-06 27
 RE: Time to get morbid.... StarryLuna 08-16-06 11
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Cyndimaus 08-16-06 12
 RE: Time to get morbid.... PagongRatEater 08-16-06 13
   RE: Time to get morbid.... dragonflies 08-16-06 30
 RE: Time to get morbid.... zipperhead 08-16-06 14
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-06 17
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Silvergirl1 08-17-06 52
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Seana 08-16-06 16
 There's an automatic notification p... Estee 08-16-06 18
 RE: Time to get morbid.... ginger 08-16-06 20
   RE: Time to get morbid.... brvnkrz 08-16-06 21
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-06 23
   RE: Time to get morbid.... miamicatt 08-16-06 24
   RE: Time to get morbid.... greenmonstah 08-16-06 26
       RE: Time to get morbid.... ginger 08-16-06 31
 RE: Time to get morbid.... miamicatt 08-16-06 25
 RE: Time to get morbid.... SilverStar 08-16-06 28
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Brownroach 08-16-06 29
   RE: Time to get morbid.... EMTBGRL 08-16-06 35
 RE: Time to get morbid.... weltek 08-16-06 32
 RE: Time to get morbid.... AZ_Leo 08-16-06 33
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-06 43
   RE: Time to get morbid.... thndrkttn 08-17-06 55
 RE: Time to get morbid.... AugustGirl 08-16-06 36
   RE: Time to get morbid.... brvnkrz 08-16-06 37
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Surveysez 08-16-06 38
 RE: Time to get morbid.... Bobdechemist 08-16-06 39
 Dr yRun.... kingfish 08-16-06 40
   RE: Dr yRun.... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-06 42
       RE: Dr yRun.... kingfish 08-17-06 58
   RE: Dr yRun.... tribephyl 08-17-06 53
 RE: Time to get morbid.... whoami 08-16-06 41
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-16-06 44
       RE: Time to get morbid.... whoami 08-16-06 45
           RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-17-06 47
           RE: Time to get morbid.... mysticwolf 08-17-06 48
               RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-17-06 51
 RE: Time to get morbid.... RudyRules 08-17-06 46
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-17-06 49
       sagebrush shakes the clown 08-17-06 59
           RE: sagebrush Sagebrush Dan 08-17-06 61
               RE: sagebrush shakes the clown 08-17-06 63
   RE: Time to get morbid.... kingfish 08-17-06 57
 RE: Time to get morbid.... TheFabulousLurker 08-17-06 50
 RE: Time to get morbid.... dragonflies 08-17-06 56
 RE: Time to get morbid.... shakes the clown 08-17-06 60
   RE: Time to get morbid.... Sagebrush Dan 08-17-06 62

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I've been thinking I should put together a list and put the envelope where someone would see it if something happened (and tell a few peeps it exists so they know to look for it)

It's a tribe creation!

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-22-06, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I apologize for reviving this thread, but in looking through some of the archives today, I was wondering about people I have not seen around here for some time and wondered if anyone know what happened to them.

In particular -

sleeeve
I_am_He
Festerfan
GeorgeTirebiter
Mistofleas
dangerkitty
NightScribe

also
lisapoho and anotherkim (but I think I have seen them posting more recently)

And there are probably more names I will think of later!

As a long time lurker, I was just curious about whether these people no longer post here or just in certain forums that I have not been to---

Anyway, I enjoyed their posts and contributions to this place.

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-06, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Sadly, misto and GTirebiter are long gone.
Not morbidly long gone, just no longer posting.

I've seen I_AM_HE and FesterFan, they usually just show up for survivor, so I imagine they'll resurface at any time now.

I've seen Pooh and AnotherKim posting fairly recently. As you noted.

I'm pretty sure sleeeve's around here somewhere. Then again, I'm not the knowall about his whereabouts.

NightScribe and dangerkitty I haven't seen in a long time.
Anyone else got their finger on their pulse?

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Since I feel like death warmed over today, this is an appropriate discussion.

I have often wondered this myself, and I figured that if I weren't around for a while (an unexplained leave) that someone would come looking for me. There are enough people areound here now who have my number, email, etc. that someone would surely notice if I weren't around and would start calling, etc.

We're about to get around to some estate planning. Perhaps I will stick an envelope in there to be distributed.

Thanks Tribe!

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-16-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Bravie and I have had this exact conversation. DH has been instructed to call Bravie. Her number is programmed in my cell.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
GF knows who to contact and how.

*smooches* to Tkit.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Well, Pene and I have each other to inform the community if anything should happen... but not if we're together.

As far as I know, there's only been one member of this community who has passed along to a better place, and we have Puffy to thank for letting us know that SkyRaider wasn't with us anymore.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Will admit to wondering the same thing. Assume dh would tell you all, or that someone would eventually look at my phone contact list and call my friends.

Pack Alpha Status Accorded by Tribe blogging's scary

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
My only hope (being a single and all) is that my sister or one of my IRL friends who know about OT would come here and let you all know.

Or...there are two people here that are programmed into my cell phone. I'd hope someone would look through that list and call everyone on it.

Hmmm...gonna have to discuss this with my sister.

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
If more than two straight religion, abortion, creation/evolution, or odometer threads go without posts from me, you may all assume the best!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
I figure one or two and I may just be on vacation.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-16-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
you may all assume the best!

You would be missed, ya dork! <--said with lvoe

I guess it's the same for me. If I'm not around here for a certain amount of time, I guess it would be safe to assume.

I have no idea what that "certain amount of time" would be. *shrug*

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Thanks, MM. I appreciate that. But I meant the best for me, not OT peeps. If I'm not here, I'm in a better place!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-16-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ante%20Bellum Click to send private message to Ante%20Bellum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
The only person I know IRL from this board isn't here anymore. So I guess you'll all just have to guess whether I died or found a new sweetie who's taking all my time.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Then again, I harbor no illusions that my passing will be of any particular note to the board membership.

08-16-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Time to get morbid...."

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe.

I'd miss your siggie gown. By the way, is it spoken for?

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ante%20Bellum Click to send private message to Ante%20Bellum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Time to get morbid...."

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Not yet. And you're sweet. ::dimples::

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "The Apocalypse cometh (redux)"
I agree with Ante (about myself, not her). Peeps will wonder whatever happened to the skeery dead guy, and someone will finally conclude, "He's dead."

What is Phil's golf equipment?
I'm liking you lately, AB.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I have wondered this myself. I have no idea what would happen. My son is registered here, but only posts in the sports forum and has all of 3 posts (and has been here a year). He's not into "messaging" too much.

I doubt very much he would think about notifying you. I suppose I could tell him to do so, but then I would have to have a reality discussion with a 15 y.o. I'm not prepared to do that right now.

I suppose if you didn't hear from me for awhile, you could assume...

I also have to wonder how many people who have just "disappeared" from the boards didn't do so just because they wanted to stop posting. I wonder where they are, what has happened to them and if they're alright.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I also have to wonder how many people who have just "disappeared" from the boards didn't do so just because they wanted to stop posting. I wonder where they are, what has happened to them and if they're alright.

There's a mathematical algorithm that will give you the answer to these questions. Yup, it's true, I saw it on "Numbers" a few weeks ago.

Tribe did me in the sun!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
DH knows Boo's number is in my cellphone, so I think that sooner or later it would cross his mind to get in touch with her. I also have a section of OT addresses in my address book from Secret Santa exchanges and things like that, and I'd hope he'd come across that list eventually.

Another Syren Summer Siggy!
Luna's Eclipses

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Okay, it's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks about these things! My hubby hardly ever goes online and I know he wouldn't even think about coming here. (much less know how to get here). But my new dayplanner has a section in the back for websites so I thought I'd use that to list websites and passwords and such and put a note at the top of it to make sure to post a message on here.

But hopefully he'll not have a need to do that!

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Guess I'm still young enough to think I'm immortal - even though I fly all the time which is not necessarily the safest thing to do in this day and age. I hadn't thought about it, but I know DW would be out on posting it...she just rolls her eyes whenever I even bring up OT. Prolly the only person who would be able to find out what happened if I disappeared is HD or dragonflies.

But, the four of us had a great time.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Too funny. Not too long ago I thought about calling you, cause I hadn't seen you post here for a long time.

A few peeps have my phone # too. DH would never come here, he doesn't know how and doesn't care where. But OT is listed as one of my favorites, so maybe someone would eventually.

Go Pack!

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Should there be a way to do it? Like if someone is missing for a week, have a friend from the boards check up on them. Ideas? Thoughts?

Maybe a "Have you seen this OT Poster?" thread in the Help Forum that can be bumped when needed. There are certainly people I wonder about but am hesitant to mention in the OT forum on account of OT decorum.

08-16-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Good idea.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Time to get morbid...."

I think I would check with the mods first because of banning issues before I would post a thread like that.

I also have wondered if anyone would know if something happened to me. My DD is an irregular poster here, so I think she might know to come here and post something.

Amazing sig pic by Tribe, 2006!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Seems a lot of us have had the same thought!

Since the peep meet, I have a couple phone numbers. DH would probably get around to calling one of them were I to pass on.

A Tribe Sig

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "There's an automatic notification program..."
...but I'm way too tired to remember what the Google keywords are to find it. I think it sends out mail to everyone on your list after a certain amount of time passes with no acivity. I don't remember if it's capable of posting to threads.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I better make Sneetch OT executrix. There is now way BF would get around to it. Of course, that would be due to his agonizing, extensive grief.

Actually, BravenCatt would probably notice I was missing after a while (one hopes)!

08-16-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
*smooch* I would notice.

08-16-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Who are you? Are you new? Someone had better get you a crap basket.

Sculpted by Tribe

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I would absolutely notice.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
But I have gotten really use to you posting all the death notices.

There has got to be a way around this...

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
There's a point. Who will post the RIP for ME?

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
The BF will handle the announcement should I snap from this mortal coil. In the event that both of us snap at the same time, I've left instructions with my folks.

Pfffffffft....who says I need to plan better??!!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Look for my death announcement from either Glow or Bunkers. I know my mother would contact them if anything happened to me.

A Tribe work of art

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I was looking for fun threads to post in today, and this one immediately caught my eye (along with the Bruno Kirby death thread).

I guess for those with no IRL people to contact OT, the only polite solution would be to commit OT-icide in front of everyone here.

Nah, that wouldn't work cause EMTGrl would just show up to revive you.

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-16-06, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
>I guess for those with no
>IRL people to contact OT,
>the only polite solution would
>be to commit OT-icide in
>front of everyone here.

Wait! so that would mean that you would have to guess that you were going to die, in advance, commit OTcide and then kick off? Um. Suuuuuure.

Nah, that
>wouldn't work cause EMTGrl would
>just show up to revive
>you.

Maybe. Depends on my mood. *whistles off to go read the newspaper*
;)

I don't miss much, huh? I don't know anyone IRL on OT...dunno what to tell you...
It's a good question.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I can't imagine I'd ever just drop off the face of the OT & Blog earth without telling someone around here. So if I've been gone for more than a few weeks and Nolay doesn't pop in, we are probably dead in our basement. It's better that you all don't know about our rotting bodies.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Most people don't know how much Reality TV I watch much less that I post on a board devoted to it (I am in a Ph.D. program so I'm not supposed to be watching any TV). Also, I have turned lurker in the past, I think once for close to a year and no one noticed. So I guess I'll just have to keep you guessing if I vanish again.

A tribephyl original

08-16-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I think you were lurking when I came on board with Knockers. We should have thrown you a welcome back party.

You know what? It's a Tribe.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
AZ_Leo, I absolutely noticed that you hadn't posted in a long time. Same with Tinkerbell, sticks, I_AM_HE, Esbea, Sir, magic_star, and Lisapooh.

By the way, did you ever get the Pasta Fagioli recipe that I sent you?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I'm not allowed to die...just ask Bravie and Monsty.

I guess I should leave instructions with my brother.

08-16-06, 07:26 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Heck no. I don't even like when you go MIA for a day in training.

yes please.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-16-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Perhaps a haunted thread from beyond? Guess we won't know until we get there. I do know I am not going to have a viewing cause I would have to come back to slap the first person to say "She looks so good".

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
You can read it in the papers and watch it live on TV.

And reports of Coco's demise are highly exagerated

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Dr yRun...."
We ought to check out whether or not it's worth the trouble.

RIP Kingfish.

And nowhere in heaven or on earth can such a fine, talented, compassionate, amusing, and manly a man as he be found. As long as there are RTVW servers, he will live on in the archives, and in our hearts.

RIP Kingfish.

And I become just another X on the eternal checklist.

(I miss me already).

08-16-06, 10:40 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Dr yRun...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

Raises a glass.

Here's to Kingfish. May in the afterlife he learn to know that
it's spelled D ryRun.

08-17-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Dr yRun...."
Uh oh, screwed up again. Can't admit mistake though, not with this wolf pack. If they sense weakness they go for the jugular... must think fast.

Dr yRun? That’s my physician; his family immigrated from Bosmorphia, in the lower Sudenland, and the lower case y is common there. It’s from olden times when they named a child ‘yRun’ to indicate that he’s was born in the Run valley. Goes back to Roman times and all. Maybe Greeks and Samarians’, too. Actually, who knows where all this old stuff comes from. It’s just there.

Look around surreptitiously. They seem to by buying it.

Clink clink…thanks for the sediment (sp on purp., this time).

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Dr yRun...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 06:16 AM (EST)

I miss you too.

Please come back.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
It will be a sad day when an OTer passes away and no one notices. Did not someone say they were lurking for a year and no one noticed? There will always be those who pass away and no one will know what happened to us or will ever notice that we are no longer here. This kind of makes me sad.

What if there is some kind of disaster and a lot of us go at the same time?

08-16-06, 10:47 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
What if there is some kind of disaster and a lot of us go at the same time?

Hmmm....that may not be such a disaster.

Tell you what, it's a Tribe.

Great siggie. Have we met?

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Time to get morbid...."

Thanks.

I do not think so. I spend most of my time in Survivor or BB and a couple of other threads, but not a lot of time here.
I do have a life outside of here.

The bigger question is where will you spend eternity when you die?

08-17-06, 00:13 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
The bigger question is where will you spend eternity when you die?

I am not worried. Check with PRE, Jimbo, or Rudy. They know where I stand.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
And, that brings up another point. I read, and sometimes post, on show boards, but most of my posts are here these days. And, no matter many times I may visit show forums, there's no way I'm able to visit all of them every day.

But, I have not only seen you here, I've also seen you on the other boards - even boards I may only lurk on from time to time. I could envision someone dying and having it announced on whatever board they most often post on, but unless everyone they have "met" is reading that board, at that time, the notice would still be missed.

I move that if anyone gets word and posts the news elsewhere, it also gets posted on OT, as a matter of course. Even if they don't post on OT. Duplicate post? Too bad. For a death in the family I think webby would make an exception to the rules.

Pack Alpha Status Accorded by Tribe blogging's scary

08-17-06, 02:39 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Good point about the other boards, but I can't imagine a life outside of OT that is of any real value.

Tell you what...siggie by Tribe

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Wow,
Other peeps have thought about this too?

I have no idea.

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

08-17-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I'll check with DirecTV now and then. If you aren't paying your bills, I'll send out the dogs.

One of the Tribe

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "sagebrush"
>I'll check with DirecTV now and
>then. If you aren't
>paying your bills, I'll send
>out the dogs.
>
>

..do you work for Directv or am I just missing some inside joke? If you work for DTV I have a couple questions for you about this crap DVR they keep sending me.

08-17-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
61. "RE: sagebrush"
A couple years ago I went to work for a call center that sold Dish Network and DirecTV. Rudy was a Dish Network customer that wanted to switch over. I announced my new job on the boards, and Rudy was my first sale.
The call center was the job from hell, and I left it over a year ago to return to school.
I was simply a salesperson, so I know nothing about the crap DVR. Hmm...I thought the DVRs from Dish Network were the crap ones and that DirecTV did TiVo.

Sorry I can't help you.

08-17-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: sagebrush"
Directv did have a contract with TIVO, but they let it laspe and now they make their own crap dvr's. They are so bad and worthless its basically unusable...I've already gone through two in 4 months.

I heard that they re-signed with TIVO so that is what I was gonna ask you since I need to call up and get a new DVR sent to me.

Oh well, I'll just call em anyway and pretend that I know for sure that they did renew with TIVO and demand a TIVO DVR instead of the rest of the overstock of crap ones they are trying to push on people.

08-17-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
No no, Rudy, It's not "I have no Idea". What, have you all of the sudden become someone else?

It’s “I dunno". Remember?

Sheesh. Dementia creep, or Alzheimer’s, I guess.

(And I must remember to be compassionate)

TheFabulousLurker 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheFabulousLurker Click to send private message to TheFabulousLurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 03:46 AM (EST)

Interesting subject... I've been researching planning for this sort of thing. (Trying to figure out how to keep a specific someone from making my final decisions.) I told LL (landlord) I was going to have my body sawed in half, the bottom half cremated and dumped in the river,and mom could have the top half for a "proper" funeral. LL seems to think they won't do that... Anyhoo, guess I better put in there somewhere for LL to notify OT.

ed. to correct a slip

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
So I mentioned this to DH last night, and his response? What is OT again? *sigh*

Go Pack!
I guess it'll be up to one of the peeps with my phone # to call and find out.

08-17-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
Mine is easy, being that I'm a huge reality tv celebrity I'm sure you will see it covered ad nauseum on all the national news outlets.

08-17-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Time to get morbid...."
I'm sure they'll resurrect Koppel back onto Nightline for special nightly coverage. "Day 411 and Shakes is still dead...."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •