The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why i don't believe it was a fix..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

singaporean 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singaporean Click to send private message to singaporean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why i don't believe it was a fix..."
have been an occasional lurker here since missing an episode a few weeks back and finding this site thru google to catch up...

just wanted to share my belief that E&J getting on the plane was no fix... i agree that it made better tv to have 2 teams on the plane rather than 1, but then again having all three teams on the same plane would be better still... if the producers wanted to fix it, they could have simply gotten AA to deny R&A from boarding, thereby having all three teams on the later flight... R&A where by no means assured of getting on when they got to the gate so late... when the producers realised they were making a run from the ticketing counter to the gate, a quick discreet phone call could have stopped them boarding... a much easier "fix" than getting the doors re-opened, and a better outcome for the network... i simply think that E&J were lucky their pleading worked (hey, it is after all the 7th series of the show, all of which ended with a flight to a major US city... it is possible that out of the gate attendants, pilots, or stewardesses someone figured out this is the last leg of a yet to be screened TAR, and simply didn't want to be seen as a total a**ehole when it eventually screened)

anyway if there is one thing i wish the producers DID fix, it is to make the brothers elimination episode a non-elim one... at that stage there were still a couple of non-elims to come, so the producers could have easily sacrificed a future non elim for what surely would have been a classic episode watching the guys race in their outfits...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why i don't believe it was a fi... mikey 05-13-05 1
 RE: why i don't believe it was a fi... KyleMan_200 05-13-05 2
 Please reply to... IceCat 05-13-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why i don't believe it was a fix..."
I agree with the non-fix. Certainly, they fix opening hours and such prior to the leg to make the teams close, but at that point in the race I guess they sit back and watch what happens, The producers probably care far less about who wins -- as that affects only about ten minutes of a 13 hour series -- than they would if their popular or interesting teams get eliminated early as happened in TAR 6 for example. If the decisive moment in the race comes in the airport getting on the last flight -- as it did with Chip and Kim and Freddy and Kendra -- so be it, just edit that part closer to the end and use some editing to show every mistake the lead team makes to make it look like the second place team might catch up.

KyleMan_200 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KyleMan_200 Click to send private message to KyleMan_200 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: why i don't believe it was a fix..."
I would agree. I don't think there is anyway CBS or the producers of the TAR would risk everything to fix the outcome. There is no real beneit to them and the risk of losing everything. Do you really thin they could rig the flight and have everyone involver keep their mouths shut?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Please reply to..."
... one of the existing 'fix' threads.

Locking as a duplicate.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •