The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
Today's topic: Clear mascara.

Have you ever used it? Will it give me volume without the mess? Marie Clair had a good article about "beauty things I wish I'd have done before 30" or something to that effect. One was switch to clear mascara. Even the waterproof stuff can lead to ugly black marks on upper & lower eyes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... geg6 07-17-06 1
   RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... weltek 07-17-06 2
       RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... geg6 07-17-06 4
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... syren 07-17-06 3
   RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... StarryLuna 07-17-06 5
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... SilverStar 07-17-06 6
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... CutsyTootsy 07-17-06 7
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... Puffy 07-17-06 8
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... Roo 07-17-06 9
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... Penelope Le Pew 07-17-06 10
   RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... weltek 07-17-06 11
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... Snidget 07-17-06 12
 I speak well English Bobdechemist 07-17-06 13
   RE: I speak well English weltek 07-18-06 17
       RE: I speak well English Bobdechemist 07-18-06 26
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... Silvergirl1 07-18-06 14
   RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... dabo 07-18-06 15
       RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... motormouth 07-18-06 16
       RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... weltek 07-18-06 18
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... cqvenus 07-18-06 19
   RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... weltek 07-18-06 21
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... anotherkim 07-18-06 20
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... azkate 07-18-06 22
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... Buggy 07-18-06 23
   RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... blacknwhitedog 07-20-06 28
 RE: Make-up question/beauty thread ... susang 07-18-06 24
 The Verdict weltek 07-18-06 25
   RE: The Verdict weltek 07-19-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
*blink* *blink*

I can't possibly think of what the purpose of clear mascara would be.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Seriously? Someone would bother with mascara if it was clear? Why?

07-17-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
That's why I'm wondering if it really "plumps" the lashes or not. My lashes are already dark...if it adds more volume & flips them up (I could just curl them I suppose, but OUCH!), then sign me up.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I just can't see it.

I have incredibly long and curly lashes (I know how lucky I am). But I still have to wear mascara to darken them a bit and give them definition. And I will only wear black. And never waterproof. I don't care if it runs.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Waterproof mascara always, always, always flakes off right into my eyes and cause me no end of misery.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I tried clear mascara in high school, and hated it.

However, when I use mascara I always blot some of it off the brush before I put it on, it helps make sure there are no clumps or any other ucky mess on my eyes.

What?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-17-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
Me too Syren. Even if I put on no other makeup, I almost always use a little black mascara. And I always wipe the brush off on a tissue first. In fact, my mascara wand is almost dry by the time I start swiping it on, but I never have clumps or dark circles under my eyes.

Another Syren Summer Siggy!
Luna's Eclipses

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I use clear mascara sometimes if I just want some definition, especially on my lower lashes. But I don't really like it. It doesn't make them look full like regular mascara does. Maybe the brand I have just sucks. *shrug*

A Tribe work of art

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-17-06, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I've tried it in college but I honestly didn't like it. It didn't seem to do much. I didn't know it was still around. If you decide to try it let us know what you thought.

A Syren original!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
Gee, maybe I should try clear mascara. *snaps fingers* That's my problem!

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-17-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I tried it years ago, and it made my eyes itchy. Plus, it didn't really do much for my lashes. Now I go with a light coat of waterproof on my upper lids only.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-17-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I think you are beautiful as is.

I do not wear makeup but peep meet I did.

I would prefer black or navy mascara.. not liking waterproof as it irritates my eyes.

I am dumbass as I was trying to login using the keyboard as Pepe set up laptop and computer in one place last night. I wondered why keyboard was not working... me duh, I am using laptop so use this keyboard, not computer's keyboard..

07-17-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
...and Pene is now my favorite.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-06 AT 06:03 PM (EST)

I had some I liked when I was younger that did seem to give the lashes some definition and a bit more curve. Curve is actually important for me because please don't hate me my lashes can hit my glasses when left alone.

Although sometimes I'd do the cheap substitute for clear mascara, a very thin coat of petroleum jelly. Also conditions them However, it doesn't do the making them curlier thing very well.

ETA: I normally hate mascara so rarely wear it. I usually just do a bit of eye liner if I want them to look thicker.

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-17-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I speak well English"
I got my eyelashes dyed when I snuck out of this puritanical state.

I like that because I'm not really a make-up user, but it makes me look gooder than usual.

Must sneak across border again in 6 weeks.

07-18-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I speak well English"
Pretty soon we'll be inviting you over for facials & pedicures if you keep acting like such a girly girl.

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-18-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I speak well English"
I had a facial once.

It kinda hurt.

My footsies don't need no stinking pedicure!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"

I tried the clear mascara years ago, and it didn't do anything, so I felt it was a waste of money.

I don't wear it everyday, but I like Fabulash or 2000 Calorie mascara.

Spring sig pic by Arkiegrl! Bouncing starfish by Ice Cat!

Swim with me

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
Dirty little truth in hidden text following. --> The reason mascara was invented in the first place was to replicate the effect that a person's eyelids naturally darken (temporarilly) as a result of orgasm. That's what makes it sexy.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-18-06, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
Dirty little truth in hidden text following. --> The reason mascara was invented in the first place was to replicate the effect that a person's eyelids naturally darken (temporarilly) as a result of orgasm. That's what makes it sexy.

Another dirty little truth in hidden text --> I never have to use mascara!

Super sexy, slightly Uncoordinated, gotta love MM

I'm actually just teasing. I love mascara, and have used clear mascara on my dad's eyebrows, when they look unruly!

07-18-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I'm kind of creeped out by that. Thanks, dabo. *slinks away from thread*

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"

my solution to all questions of this nature is to buy the $1 or $2 wet n wild version and if it does anything for you, try a *real* brand.

i used clear in HS b/c i was lazy in the AMs and didn't want to get up early enough to do makeup before leaving. so i was a multi-tasker. i would man the CD player plugged into the tape deck (usually it played green day's dookie, or something violent femmes), while simultaneously using the passenger's side mirror to put on clear mascara. my BF drove like a lunatic. and i have very dark lashes, so black was pointless.

i liked clear. i thought it looked good. it felt better. i got compliments on how shiny and purty they looked. when i wore black, i looked like a hooker. lol

but i also wore purple eyeliner in HS, so maybe that's why clear worked better for me than black would've.

*shrug*

let us know after you buy it. cuz you know you will.

~ cq

07-18-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
*kicks ground* You're right, I will. I know, I ask for advice & then do what I want. I think it's that this darn beauty editor had it in her top 20 or 30 list. And as a beauty-product loving woman, I feel it's my duty to try something I've never had before.

I like your suggestion of trying something cheap first & then stepping up if I "kind of" like it.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-06 AT 10:39 AM (EST)

*blinks*
reads again....

clear mascara?

*ponders*

bwahahahahahaha.

Uh, no thanks. That was written by those editorial types who A. don't actually wear makeup or B. don't actually need mascara.

I tried clear back in the 80s when I also bought into the idea that I should use blue mascara...both were tragic lies.

The best mascara currently available on planet Earth, IMHO, of course, that is priced within normal people's budgers is Max Factor's Lash Perfection. None better, none more "natural", none with less clumps, no smudges, no smears. Nada. And? It's less than $8 at Wal Mart.

I never, ever leave the house without mascara unless perhaps the house is on fire or there is an emergency or I'm ill. Any other makeup is optional--not mascara.

I don't do waterproof usually, but when I do, I use 2000 Calorie waterproof (bought it by mistake).

Cover Girl has a similar version, but I don't buy CG, so I can't attest to it...plus MF's packaging is prettier.

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-18-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I wear clear - when I wear make-up - which is hardly ever. But the reason I wear it is my eyesight is going (I have passed the "I need longer arms" into the "I need prescription glasses" stage). It is so hard to put on make-up with glasses on. After doing some pilates-like moves in order to wear "real" mascara and having a lot of it end up where no mascara should be and having to wipe it off and start over, I decided that clear would just have to do. It desn't have the same effect but I do have dark lashes and like Snidget, they are long too. So, from what I can tell, the clear seperates the lashes nicely. If it clumps I can't see it <g> And so far, no one has run screaming from the room or pointed and laughed, when I wear it (unless my back is turned - apprarently my hearing is going too!!!!!).

Gotta lvoe 46!

another tribe work of art

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I had some the first time it came around, ( back in the 80's)
I think I only used it once or twice on my lashes, before I discovered that it worked great to keep my brows shaped and in place.
It didn't think it even showed up on my lashes.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I also use the clear stuff on my eyebrows

Tribe 2006

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-18-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Make-up question/beauty thread #489"
I tried clear mascara once. It didn't give me the definition I need.

07-18-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
25. "The Verdict"
I purchased Cover Girl's clear mascara at lunch.

I haven't been wearing mascara the past few days because I'm so sick of having a black mark on my browbone (my browbone isn't arched very high, so my upper lashes rub against it). So anywhoooo, I put some on one eye to compare with the non-mascarad eye. I could tell the difference, but it's not enough of a difference that another person would easily notice. So it doesn't add the 'pow' that colored does (obviously), but I think I'm happy with it for my daytime office look.

And yes, I've tried practically all the brands/kinds of mascara & all of them leave the black mark on my browbone. Some are better than others as far as flaking and/or rubbing off on my undereye. With my particular eye shape, though, that's not the end of my problem.

07-19-06, 03:28 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Verdict"
Upon further review, I like it even more. I waited a few minutes & put another coat on. It did the trick. And no rub-off around my eyes! Yay!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •