The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

When U/J were out there trying to pay the cab driver, how did they know the Rob/Amber had not already finish the race?

Yes, they did arrive at the Cigar shop first. But they apparetnly had no way of knowing how far R/A were behind or did someone clue them in?

And during that taxi ride they stopped a couple times asking for money, so Romber could of easily pass them up. But they did not seem to be to concern with it.

I find it kind of strange that they knew they were in the lead as they were looking to see if R/A was coming down the street.

It didn't look like they could tell one way or the other from where the cab was, if R/A had already finish.

Looks like a producer/director did some tampering and clued them in.

Sorry, if this was already discuss or if this the wrong forum.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Moved from Spoilers Bebo 05-12-05 1
 RE: How did U/J know they were in t... maggiebob 05-12-05 2
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... joatmon 05-12-05 3
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... maggiebob 05-12-05 4
           RE: How did U/J know they were in t... gengin 05-12-05 5
 RE: How did U/J know they were in t... ARnutz 05-12-05 6
 RE: How did U/J know they were in t... aquariaqueen 05-12-05 7
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... ARnutz 05-12-05 9
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... PagongRatEater 05-12-05 11
 RE: How did U/J know they were in t... zipperhead 05-12-05 8
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... joatmon 05-12-05 10
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... RBA 05-12-05 12
 RE: How did U/J know they were in t... Drive My Car 05-12-05 13
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... MTW1961 05-12-05 14
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... RBA 05-12-05 15
 RE: How did U/J know they were in t... Tsina 05-12-05 16
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... Dirk_W 05-12-05 17
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... sabrinasmom 05-13-05 18
   RE: How did U/J know they were in t... jadzia2999 05-13-05 19
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... RBA 05-13-05 20
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... joatmon 05-13-05 21
       RE: How did U/J know they were in t... Earl Colby Pottinger 05-14-05 22
           RE: How did U/J know they were in t... joatmon 05-14-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Moved from Spoilers"
Since this can be discussed without giving away events on future episodes, I moved it.

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
>When U/J were out there trying
>to pay the cab driver,
>how did they know the
>Rob/Amber had not already finish
>the race?
>
>Yes, they did arrive at the
>Cigar shop first. But
>they apparetnly had know way
>of knowing how far R/A
>were behind or did someone
>clue them in?
>
>And during that taxi ride they
>stopped a couple times asking
>for money, so Romber could
>of easily pass them up.
> But they did not
>seem to be to concern
>with it.
>
>I find it kind of strange
>that they knew they were
>in the lead as they
>were looking to see if
>R/A was coming down the
>street.
>
>It didn't look like they could
>tell one way or the
>other from where the cab
>was, if R/A had already
>finish.
>
>Looks like a producer/director did some
>tampering and clued them in.
>
>
>Sorry, if this was already discuss
>or if this the wrong
>forum.

I don't know that they did know they were in the lead. They certainly would have known that they were the first to reach the cigar shop. Maybe they just believed that fate was on their side - they had already gone through so much and went from incredibly bad luck to incredibly good luck, that they just believed they would win. Perhaps it sounds crazy, but they really did come across as people who believed in fate and karma, and they probably thought that the stars were aligned in their favor on that day.

joatmon 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joatmon Click to send private message to joatmon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
>>They certainly would have known that they were the first to reach the cigar shop.<<

Did I miss something? How would they know this? It appeared R/A got the clue to go the cigar shop ahead of U/J. They didn't mention that they saw them going the wrong way or anything. In fact they didn't even know where to go for a little while.

It's a good question. It may be that they hear it on the crew's radios. The radios were mentioned when we talked about the boat challenge and Patrick/Mom were elinated.

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
>>>They certainly would have known that they were the first to reach the cigar shop.<<
>
>Did I miss something? How would
>they know this? It
>appeared R/A got the clue
>to go the cigar shop
>ahead of U/J. They didn't
>mention that they saw them
>going the wrong way or
>anything. In fact they didn't
>even know where to go
>for a little while.

Rob and Amber did get the clue first that directed them to the cigar shop, but they got lost and U&J reached the cigar shop first. All they had to do was ask had any other team come in yet.

>It's a good question. It may
>be that they hear it
>on the crew's radios. The
>radios were mentioned when we
>talked about the boat challenge
>and Patrick/Mom were elinated.

It could be. That's one of the things that fascinates me about the show...the behind the scenes stuff...how things happen, what people know, etc.

gengin 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gengin Click to send private message to gengin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
U/J may just have been guessing they were in the lead. 1st they got to the cigar shop first (the other clues still in the box)

Sometimes at the end of a leg other teams cabs are still out front or (if the teams are not sure they should waive the cab on)

But remember Rob thought at one point him and Amber were in the lead on that one episode when U/J and M/G caught an earlier flight. Rob was so sure he was in the lead. So perhaps U/J thought the same.

Another thought might be that they did not here any cheering in the park which might have indicated R/A had arrived

Recall Joyce looked in the entry way of the park perhaps she could see no other teams had arrived.

Just my CSI theory

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
The racers ask people all the time if they've seen other teams yet. At one point, Uchenna asked someone (I can't recall when/where and I don't even remember if it was this episode) if they had seen other teams yet and he was told, "there were already 2 teams here."

One possibility is he may have been asking all along the way but we were never shown this. He probably knew that he & Joyce got to the cigar shop first because he either saw that there were still 2 clues or he simply asked the cigar shop man if anyone had been there yet.

Once they got the clue at the cigar shop, they knew they were on their way to the pitstop and he never saw any other team.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
By Uchenna's reaction when Phil was saying "5 continents, x miles, etc, you are the winners of the Amazing Race......"
it seemed that Uchenna was very surprised. I am not so sure they knew exactly.

They knew they had to beat R/K for second place money, that's for sure.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
...it seemed that Uchenna was very surprised. I am not so sure they knew exactly.

That? is an excellent point! Thinking back he was really, really surprised that they won. It took him a moment to realize they were first to the mat.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
I'm not sure if that was surprise as much as excitement at actually winning. The original question DOES raise an interesting point as to how much the contestants know and whether or not CBS might have given them some kind of special knowledge.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
When U/J were out there trying to pay the cab driver, how did they know the Rob/Amber had not already finish the race?

Did they say they knew that they were in first? Maybe U/J didn't know what position they were in and they were just trying to pay the cab driver. It actually makes more sense for them to piddle around outside of the gate getting money for the cab if they thought it was possible they were not first. It would not matter how far they were behind team number one - that would have been it, game over. On the other hand, if they had gotten to the gate first, then they could watch for an approaching taxi to hightail it to the mat.

05-12-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joatmon Click to send private message to joatmon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
This sounds pretty logical. I wonder if Uchenna would have waited if Rob/Amber showed up. My guess is they would have booked it and taken their chances with the cabby.

Also I know the cab driver has a business to run and all but he was pretty heartless I thought. Heck, you have a camera crew etc. I think you can pretty well bet you're going to get your money. He must have known this was a pretty important event. He certainly didn't seem to care much about Uchenna's ring. If he had only taken it he could have sold it on Ebay for much more than the cab fare.

05-12-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

You could be right. But it looked to a lot of us watching that they knew they were in the lead. And it's most likely due to the radios the crew carries with them. And as some pointed out already, that Rob and Amber during a previous episode believe they were in the lead when they were not. So, it appears to a lot of us that U/J were given inside information that R/A were denied previously. It may of been inadvertant and probably does not effect the final outcome. Unless you consider others who did not know their standings (Lynn/Alex) may have benefited on knowing where others ( M/G) were before they got eliminated.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
They had hoped they were in the lead, but on the Early Show, Uchenna said he didnt realise thay had won til Phil started talking. He said the thought the other teams were just happy to see them, and that is why they were cheering.

So no, they didn't know for sure that they'd won.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
Also on the Early Show, they apparently said they were going to keep begging until they saw another cab drive up, then they would high-tail it to the finish line. If they knew the finish line was REALLY close, it wouldn't matter if they were in the lead or not.

Keep begging until you see another team. If you are in the lead, you can still win by bolting when you see the cab. If you are in second place, and bolt when you see the third team arrive, then you'd still wind up in second place. It wouldn't matter how far behind the first place team they were.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

05-12-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
15. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
So now we are let to believe that they could of thought they were in 2nd place and Ron/Kelly caught an earlier flight out of Puerto Rico and were on their tale? Can anyone say shenanigans? ;)

Tsina 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsina Click to send private message to Tsina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
Oh I think they knew. The cab driver told them. I remember him telling them they've made it and Uchenna and Joyce reacted so excitedly..and then afterwards they showed the drama "come on man..I did my job getting you the million, now give me the full fare!"

And besides Uchenna said "I don't want to lose this way" in the parking area while they were begging. So for sure...they know it. Guess they got scared they would receive a penalty on the final pit stop, for not paying the cab (hehe..that would be a nice finish!) Do you think they would be allowed to beg money from the other racers? Remember we got the "nobody can help rule". Hehehe...just a thought

Dirk_W 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dirk_W Click to send private message to Dirk_W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
If they did know that they were in 1st and going to win, they could've just told the cabbie that they are going to win $1m, and to wait for them.

sabrinasmom 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sabrinasmom Click to send private message to sabrinasmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
are they allowed to even say what they are actually doing? i remember joyce just saying "we are racing" and others in the taxi saying "this is a race" "or a game"

jadzia2999 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jadzia2999 Click to send private message to jadzia2999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
I think they knew too.

I was listening to Uchenna and Joyce on the radio this morning, and he said that they were at least 1 hour ahead of Romber at the last leg. They even said they went into the gate, had a bite to eat and relax a little and then go to the pitstop. But they didn't elaberate how they knew all of this. Perhaps the producers told them?

05-13-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
20. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
And how did they pay for the meal? Looks like we have all been scammed by CBS.

05-13-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
>I think they knew too.
>
>I was listening to Uchenna and
>Joyce on the radio this
>morning, and he said that
>they were at least 1
>hour ahead of Romber at
>the last leg. They
>even said they went into
>the gate, had a bite
>to eat and relax a
>little and then go to
>the pitstop. But they
>didn't elaberate how they knew
>all of this. Perhaps the
>producers told them?
Do you mean they went into the gate, ate and then came back and did the begging for the cab fare?

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-14-05, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
I don't believe you. Do you have a URL to back the claim?

Did anyone else hear this radio show?

Sorry, but what you are trying to tell me is in a race for a million dollar, a pair of runners for the race who were in a quick running distance the finished line stopped for a meal and risked another team lapping them for a bite to eat.

Show me one major race in the world where people do this?

In a race like this you can't make any assumtions about the other players speed. If told that R&A were a full hour behind me, I would still race as fast as possible for the finish line.

What if Rob talked to a police officier who was a fan and got a police escort to the finish-line that he does in 30 minutes instead of the hour for normal driving? There you are sitting at a table, enjoying a meal knowing you have a 30 minute lead to get to the pitstop when R&A runs by at full blast and jumps onto a mat you could have stepped on half an hour ago.

People go for a meal when there is a bunch point that is closed for hours yet, not when they are minutes from the pitstop.

05-14-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
23. "RE: How did U/J know they were in the lead?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 07:45 AM (EST)

There's a link to the radio show on the "Are Uchenna and Joyce lying???" thread and that's what they said. They were at least an hour ahead and somehow they knew it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •