The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weight Loss??? What happened to the segment witht the scales??? must have been edited??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

CoolHandLuke 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CoolHandLuke Click to send private message to CoolHandLuke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weight Loss??? What happened to the segment witht the scales??? must have been edited??"
That is always one of my favorite parts when they break out the scales and you get to see how much weight the survivors lost??? I don’t remember that this time. I remember Tom saying he lost 62lbs in Africa, and 42 here, but that was in the survivor insiders I think.

The scales episode was cut I guess or I just missed it??? did they get to look in the Mirror.

You guys heard how much Rupert lost??? Rob??? Amber, Jenna, and why do you think this was cut??? They all really looked like they had lost lots of weight. Seems that was of interest to everyone. I don’t know what MB was thinking not having it this season

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Weight Loss??? What happened to... Draco Malfoy 05-13-04 1
 you did not see it because... arturbars 05-13-04 2
   I thought that at first, but!!!!! CoolHandLuke 05-13-04 3
   RE: you did not see it because... KObrien_fan 05-13-04 4
       RE: you did not see it because... arturbars 05-13-04 5
 RE: Weight Loss??? What happened to... whoami 05-13-04 6
 It's less shocking this time anotherkim 05-14-04 7
   I agree... jmuzik 05-14-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Weight Loss??? What happened to the segment witht the scales??? must have been edited??"
No scale or mirror this time, although Chapera + Kathy got to look in mirrors on the boat, and Rupert, Jenna, and Ambuh got to see themselves at the resort. The Final 4 did, however, get to take Polaroid pictures of themselves, so they got to see themselves.

"Don't be stupid, Stupid!"

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-04, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "you did not see it because..."
... they did not loose much weight. Common - this was the least challanging season in terms of food ever. These so called "all-stars" where given everything - fire, tools, fishing gear. My grandma could have survived on the remote island if she had all of what they had. They ate more there than i do in real life here in a middle of civilization. Rice, plantanes, coconuts, molusks and limitless ammounts of fish. Plus don't forget how many food rewards were there. Just pathetic....

I guess produces had to promise some of these idiots and easy life out there - otherwise they would not have come back.

CoolHandLuke 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CoolHandLuke Click to send private message to CoolHandLuke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I thought that at first, but!!!!!"
Big Tom lost 42 lbs, Colby said he lost 20 or so and he wasnt there that long, I bet Rob lost at least 25 or 30 easy. I disagree.

Also this was hard not like Africa hard, but remember the first 4 days when they couldnt boil water and they were drinking rain off leafs or sucking it from the surviovor buffs.

Also thank about how much it rained and how miserable that would be. While not the hardest it certainly was difficult.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: you did not see it because..."
I think you are way far off on this comment about them not losing much weight because it was easier or easiest. They got a machete and a pot. They didn't get fire til day 7 (and therefore water). The tides affected the fishing, even with the spear (which they didn't get right away, I think it was day 18 or so) they could only go out to fish at certain times of the day. It rained alot and stormed alot and therefore that ruined fishing trips, as did the days they had to go to challenges, they would return to camp too late to fish because of the tides. Even though they got rice, that also wasn't until something like day 11 for one tribe and 14 for the other.

Yes, they got tools for one challenge, and food in other reward challenges, but it wasn't any more then in other seasons.
They didn't have coconuts or plantains until after the merge to Saboga, and then yes the food was more plentiful, but even still they had the storms to contend with.

Make no mistake about it, it was no picnic out there.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: you did not see it because..."
Go read Ruperts Chat transcript - the guy was catching fish with his bare hands. He said they were eating all the time. Yes it rained and they could not boil the water for a few days in the begining. But i think my opinion still valid - in terms of food this was one of the easiest seasons. Using all the tools they were given - it was like a long camp trip to the woods (Not a picnic of course).

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-13-04, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Weight Loss??? What happened to the segment witht the scales??? must have been edited??"
I would like to know how much weight each one lost this season.
I tried to stay out of spoilers this season.

WHOAMI
The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise are often poor, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being at the right place at the right time. ECCL. 9:11

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "It's less shocking this time"
they've all been through the drastic weight loss experience before, so they expect to begin to look skeletal.

I'd imagine that it could make an appearance in S9 with new players who've never lost 60 pounds in a month.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and I also agree--these "Survivors" were exceptionally well-fed compared to past seasons.

jmuzik 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jmuzik Click to send private message to jmuzik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I agree..."
that things seemed a bit easier for the all-stars than they had in previous seasons. When they let them off the boat with no food, fire, etc, my first thought was - good, they are going to make them survive this time. I was quickly disappointed though when they were given tools, fishing supplies, and various other things to make life a bit easier. I am by no means saying it was a walk in the park to survive the elements they were up against but I do think that it was made a lot easier this time around than in previous seasons, and I think that the "all-stars" should have been given less and proved that they deserved to be there and that they were indeed "survivors". The game has however turned more into a game of surviving the vote than actually surviving the elements of the location.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •