The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Survivor Fixed??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorFreak247 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorFreak247 Click to send private message to SurvivorFreak247 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Survivor Fixed??"
My brother and many of my guy friends say that Survivor is fixed. They say that they get candybars and all this other food when the cameras aren't rolling. They also say that they make people have alloinces and all this other stuff...im not really sure what to believe but this kinda upsets my because Survivor is my favorite show of all times and it would suck if it was fixed!!! Lemme know what u think! Post ur opinions here! Also, if u wanna chat u can IM me on 3 of my SN's, PRLgrl247, RoxyRox12890, and SK8GR84EVER. bye!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? RupertRupert_dot_Com 05-16-04 1
   RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? ManilaESQ 05-17-04 2
       RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? PepeLePew13 05-17-04 3
           RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? nailbone 05-17-04 4
               RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? dabo 05-17-04 5
           RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? rjrabbit 05-17-04 7
           RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? ManilaESQ 05-19-04 15
               RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? udg 05-19-04 16
 RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? seahorse 05-17-04 6
 RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? Captain Hook 05-17-04 8
   RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? PepeLePew13 05-18-04 9
       RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? nailbone 05-18-04 12
   RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? Laurie 05-18-04 10
       RE: Is Survivor Fixed?? dabo 05-18-04 11
 of course. shakes the clown 05-18-04 13
   RE: of course. PepeLePew13 05-18-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RupertRupert_dot_Com 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-04, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RupertRupert_dot_Com Click to send private message to RupertRupert_dot_Com Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
What do you think, you think a guy like rupert can loose 45 pounds on two shows eating candy? What other weight lose program can have that effect on people in 30+ days?

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-04, 05:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
I think the producers give them vitamins or food supplements. I heard this from Survivor 2. But I don't think the producers give them food. Can you just imagine what will happen if a disgruntled survivor player reveals this to the press? That being said, the producers see to it that they get sufficient shelter and food from the reward challenges.

The drama of the show is somehow staged in the sense that the producers create situations where they predict that certain players will react in a certain way. For example, old vs young; religious issues, race, etc...

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-04, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-04 AT 08:05 AM (EST)

We still haven't had a Survivor contestant from the early shows come out with any kind of comment to even remotely support your assertation -- and their contracts to not reveal anything about the show has now expired.

Not a chance that they're getting supplements or candy on the side -- somebody would have said something by now, not to mention how do you explain the emaciated appearances of most of the finalists in each of the seasons? If you saw Survivor 2, you know that they couldn't have been given vitamins or other supplements, considering how terrible Tina and Elisabeth looked at the end. Colby won all those reward challenges that involved food so he didn't look like a Ethopian poster child by the end.

For what it's worth, I talked to Christy from S6 in person and she was still suffering physically and feeling the effects from her appearance in the show when I saw her about 9 months after filming ended. If she was getting any sort of supplements, she wouldn't have been still struggling to get back to full health.

As for the drama creating part, yep that's the main appeal of Survivor -- it comes across as the most realistic reality show out there because it features people from all walks of life; old, young, male, female, attractive, not-so-attractive, different races, and different types of personalities. Few other shows will give you that kind of mix and Burnett also likes to mix and match personalities to create storylines.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-04 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

We still haven't had a Survivor contestant from the early shows come out with any kind of comment to even remotely support your assertation -- and their contracts to not reveal anything about the show has now expired.

And don't you reckon that Stacy Stillman, in bringing a lawsuit against Survivor, would bring stuff like this out?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
Mitchell from S2 thought they'd be given apples and things when the cameras weren't rolling, but then found out that wasn't the case when the game started.

SMILES ARE FREE

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-04, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
Well said. I don't believe they get anything other than what we see on TV.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
I remember one survivor contestant while being interviewed by Dave saying that they were given supplements. I can't remember who it was, but s/he said that the producers reckoned that the viewers would not watch a show full of emaciated people. I could be wrong, but I hope somebody can help me on this.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
You can rewatch all those interviews on the Late Show website. If you find that comment, please let us know!

UDG
"So when the audience speaks, so to speak, they're speaking." ~Jeff Probst

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
I disagree strongly, there is no way the Survivors would look so poorly and lose so much weight if they were eating well.

Captain Hook 33 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain%20Hook Click to send private message to Captain%20Hook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
I don't believe for a second that Survivor is fixed but I did watch an interesting special on the E channel about Survivor or maybe reality TV as a whole that talked about reshooting shots. MB has admitted to reshooting arial and overhead shots of the challenges by using doubles but I don't necessarily think you could call that fixed. Certainly there are many aspects of the filming and editing that could be tailored in one way or another to make better or more attractive television but as far as gameplay is concerned, that's as real as Lex's small, small manhood...(C'mon, the guy is obviously very insecure about something. The wirey guy covered in tattoos who gets angry when someone votes for him...small weiner if you ask me!) Eh, I guess its time to switch over to bashers!

05-18-04, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
Oh I'm sure that they poke and prod the contestants to get them to say something or stoke their anger, and have reshoots to make sure they got it right (and fan the flames in the process), but that's a totally different matter than actually fixing the show to ensure a certain someone last longer than someone else.

Proof: Vecepia and neleH lasted until the final two instead of interesting characters such as RobM, Hunter and John Carroll who got booted early.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
Oh I'm sure that they poke and prod the contestants to get them to say something or stoke their anger, and have reshoots to make sure they got it right (and fan the flames in the process),

And don't forget the mixing in of the alcoholic beverages.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Laurie 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laurie Click to send private message to Laurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
>I don't believe for a second
>that Survivor is fixed but
>I did watch an interesting
>special on the E channel
>about Survivor or maybe reality
>TV as a whole that
>talked about reshooting shots. MB
>has admitted to reshooting arial
>and overhead shots of the
>challenges by using doubles but
>I don't necessarily think you
>could call that fixed.

I also heard (don't know if on that same show or a different one) that other than doing reshoots for Survivor Australia, MB decided it was not worth the uproar (or whatever) it caused, and has not done reshoots since then.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is Survivor Fixed??"
Personally, I never had any problems with the stunt double reshoots, they were just for visuals and had no effect on the outcome of the game.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "of course."
Of course its fixed! Also, you do realize that the entire show is shot in its entirety on a sound stage in Hollywood, the very same sound stage used to fake the moon landing nearly 40 years ago.

05-18-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: of course."
And that was just a rubber shark in a fresh water tank that bit Dicque on the arm.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •