The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Casting call help needed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

AFunk007 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AFunk007 Click to send private message to AFunk007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Casting call help needed"
Hey all, i've been lurking around the site for the whole A.S.S season and have loved everybodies insights. Ok, here's the deal. I want to put together an application and videotape for the Survivor 10 casting call, and need some help... so naturally i'm coming to the experts.

I know there's going to be thousands of applicants, and i want to be as honest as i can on it the app, but lets face it, just getting on the show is the real hard part. Once on there any of us could kick some A.S.S. Any suggestions as to how to answer the app questions or what to include in my 3 minute video?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

With everybodies help I'll be carrying the Survivorblows torch with me all the way to the win!
ps. here's the app with the questions on it. Thanks!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor_application/application_pdf.pdf

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 here's the bad news..... shakes the clown 05-12-04 1
   RE: here's the bad news..... VerucaSalt 05-12-04 2
   RE: here's the bad news..... dav8515 05-12-04 6
       RE: here's the bad news..... LionChow 05-13-04 8
 RE: Casting call help needed silentJ 05-12-04 3
   RE: Casting call help needed KObrien_fan 05-12-04 4
       RE: Casting call help needed ivoryElephant 05-12-04 5
 RE: Casting call help needed catman 05-12-04 7
   RE: Casting call help needed mrc 05-13-04 9
 RE: Casting call help needed dabo 05-14-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "here's the bad news....."
...if you really need help or ideas on how to fill out the application and what to put in your video then you already have no chance of getting picked.

The people with the types of personalites needed for these shows are not the types of people that would ask for suggestions or tips. The types of people picked for these shows already feel as if they know all the answers themselves and don't really see the point in enlisting other (and in their minds) inferior opinions.

So, my advice to you would be to give up your dream of being on Survivor and shoot for something more in line with your personality, like an audience member on the Price Is Right.

Hope that helped!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-12-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: here's the bad news....."
I'm always happy to follow shakes in his pursuit of truth and the Survivor way

I've never seen so many new posts pop up this season lol It must be the magic of All Stars?

In the interest of being helpful, here is an interview from Jeff Probst which may assist you in your quest. Good luck to you
http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=817

dav8515 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dav8515 Click to send private message to dav8515 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: here's the bad news....."
I agree mine is already done, u need to use ur gut and be urslef, thell be ablr to tell if u are faking anything.

Be creative but stay true to ur gut

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-13-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: here's the bad news....."

I never realized how exhausting it was to type "you".

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Casting call help needed"
Go to a modeling agency and apply for a job. If they turn you down, don't bother unless your over 40. The casting formula currently is 1 old woman, 1 old guy, and 14 clueless extras from Baywatch aged 21-35 that will vote the ugly old people out and then get naked. (Hopefully this will be changing since the most popular Survivor of all time was the old guy on Pearl Islands- Rupert, admittedly, not a handsome man).

Alternately you can can try the reality show "entry level position": Bartender at "Belly" in L.A. ( a position held by Sean Rector, Gabe, Jerri Mathney, and roughly half the contestants on Big Brother.)

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Casting call help needed"
Pearl Islands: Older women Trish (42) and Lillian (51), Older men Rupert (39) and Andrew (40)

Amazon: Older women Jeanne (41) and Janet (47), Older men Butch (50) and Roger (56)

Thailand: Older women Jan (53) Helen (47), older men: Jake (61), John (40), Clay (46), Ted (37)

Marquesas: Older women Kathy (47), Patricia (49), older men Peter (45), Paschal (57), Robert (38)

Africa: Older women Linda (44), Diane (42), Teresa (42), Kim J (57), older men Carl (46), Tom (46), Lex (38), Frank (43)

Australia: Older women Tina (40), Maralyn (51), Debb (45), older men: Keith (40), Rodger (53), Michael (38)

Borneo: Older women Susan (38), Sonja (63), Gretchen (38), older men Richard (39), Rudy (72), BB (64)

So it is more then just 1 older man and 1 older women, but the trend leans toward eiether equal amounts of older men/women or favors the older men.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-12-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Casting call help needed"
Well I ran into Sanrda the other day and she told me "the secret" on how to get on the show.

So if you want to know "the secret" just email me and we can make arrangements for you to pay me 1 million dollars for "the secret"

"The game of 'Survivor' is literally what you've learned throughout your life and how to handle yourself amongst humans and your fellow man,"-Kathy O'Brien

catman 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catman Click to send private message to catman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Casting call help needed"
afunk007,

be yourself....period!.....i had a professional do my tape and i opened with music and a few pictures..then went to a "funny" eye catchers...then i show pictures and movie with voice over telling about myself......i used a couple of pictures from survivor 3...i have been applying since 3......i have had an interview..and know i am on a list to be on survivor...(i have inside scoop)....

be yourself and never give up.......

fill out the application honestly.........

good luck

catman

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Casting call help needed"
"......i have had an interview..and know i am on a list to be on survivor...(i have inside scoop)...."

ChillTwo, is that you?

Official CASH Historian--Vote RR-Boner '04

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Casting call help needed"
Be yourself is the best advice you've received so far. Here's the other half of the equation:

Open your mouth, start talking, keep talking, don't shut up for any reason. Doesn't matter what you say or what you talk about, just keep talking.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •