The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rob & Amber were never going to win in the First Place"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityTVbites 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTVbites Click to send private message to RealityTVbites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rob & Amber were never going to win in the First Place"
I dont know why anybody thinks Rob and Amber were going to win this race. They were here for one reason and that was to spike the ratings so CBS could charge a mint for this seasons Ads and Hike the price of spots for next season. They won a ton of stages because they are smarter than they let on, specifically Rob. But there is now way CBS could have them win this show & Survivor AND have a televised wedding for them too. It would look completely fixed. And It was fixed just not in their favor and you can Bet Rob & Amber were well aware of it. They took home some nice prizes for their effort and I'm sure there appearence on this show was part of the agreement surrounding the wedding. I'm also sure that Rob and Amber were told to go all out so it wouldn't look like they were throwing the show and to keep them on as long as possible, thus building up puplicity and buzz for the wedding. It was up to CBS to make sure they didn't win and In the last episode that influence was evident. I laugh at all the people that "HATE" contestants on TV reality shows. All your really doing is feeding the beast. The last episode of this show got huge ratings because people tuned in to see Rob and Amber lose, not to see who won. By playing up to the public image of them they just cement their status as Reality TV stars and the last joke ends up being on the haters and the fans of this show who think its a legitimate competition as CBS and ROb and Amber laugh their way to the bank.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rob & Amber were never going to... Molaholic 05-12-05 1
 Duplicate topic IceCat 05-12-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rob & Amber were never going to win in the First Place"
To begin with, I am ecstatic that Uchenna and Joyce won the $1000000. Really. They are obviously a very loving couple and I wish them the very best in building a family.

However, I have some observations:

First let's take a look at the "luck factor": Rob and Amber, time after time, get miraculous breaks in catching flights -- delays, layovers, etc. But behold, what happens in the million dollar winning flight to Miami?? Uchenna and Joyce somehow get a captain's OK to bring back the gate after it had been pulled away. Sheeesh!
I also have to wonder about just how much cash Uchenna and Joyce were able to beg in Jamaica. Too much $$ was spent on cabs, and even with the last minute "emergency begging" steps away from the finish line, Uchenna obviously knew the race was their's, otherwise, why run around like a chiken with you head cut off begging for cash? (Who, BTW, would give $$ to somebody begging for cash from a taxi anyway??)
Finally; a co-worked long ago claimed that Romber would NOT win, because of Amber's Survivor $1000000 -- she (and therefore Rawb in TAR) could not win another million due to a 'double dip' rule. I doubted her information, but in light of the 'miracle', I wonder...

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Duplicate topic"
We have several threads underway over on Bashers on the topic of 'fixing' or 'manipulating' the race. Please feel free to copy/past your posts as replies to those existing threads.

Thank you.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •