The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-21-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Got a call this morning at 8:56 AM this morning from my son's school. Seems he had been furiously scratching his head. Yup! You guessed it Pediculus humanus capitis common known as head lice.
I said some not very nice words. This is the kid who with his autism has severe sensory intergration issues. This is the kid who freaks out when I comb his hair, brush his teeth or wash his hair (these usually require two adults). This is the kid who gets his nails cut when he is asleep and for two years had his hair cut by me when he was asleep as well. Lord help us!!! I am not looking forward to the next week of denitting, checking for nits, stripping all the bedding and checking my squirming non-compliant two year old as well. Well, I have an almost full bottle of tequila in the fridge so we will somehow survive
Since I get itchy when I think about head lice, I had DH check me and I am nit-free -- I sure would appreciate any OT hugs you could give!

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

Thank goodness, we bit the bullet a few weeks ago and had his hair professionally cut really short.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! universityofkentuckyrocks 06-21-06 1
   RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! PepeLePew13 06-21-06 10
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! samboohoo 06-21-06 2
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! CutsyTootsy 06-21-06 3
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! syren 06-21-06 4
   RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Silvergirl1 06-21-06 21
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! sharnina 06-21-06 5
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! dragonflies 06-21-06 6
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Seana 06-21-06 7
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Magnolia_Rocker 06-21-06 8
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! ginger 06-21-06 9
   RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! PepeLePew13 06-21-06 11
       RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! ginger 06-21-06 15
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Glow 06-21-06 12
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! HobbsofMI 06-21-06 13
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! KeithFan 06-21-06 14
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! weltek 06-21-06 16
   RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Seabisquit 06-21-06 17
       RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! qwertypie 06-21-06 18
           RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! EMTBGRL 06-21-06 19
               RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! qwertypie 06-22-06 26
           RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Brownroach 06-21-06 20
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! aquariaqueen 06-21-06 22
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Puffy 06-21-06 23
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! mysticwolf 06-21-06 24
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! dabo 06-22-06 25
 RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!! Estee 06-22-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Good luck, and your kids are in still in school, wow, I've been out since June 1.

ukrocks got a blog!

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-06 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

Yeah but you guys start school in August, while we start later after Labour Day. We've got 6 more school days after today for our kids, and 7 more working days for me before I'm out for the summer.

Oh... and head lice? Sucks big time. Been through the cycle a few times with our kids, including daughter who had to get her hair sheared back when she was 7 years old after getting lice twice in about 3 months.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Lots and lots of hugs.

Ack!!! I remember having to go through this back in first grade. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

It's Arkie Love

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-21-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Oh no! I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Here's a big {{{{hug}}}} for you. I count myself lucky that we haven't had lice yet. It's been at the school, we've just not gotten it...yet.

A Syren original!

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-06 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Big hugs and lots of patience coming your way.

ETA:
Suggestion to all moms...washing hair in a shampoo with peppermint or tea tree oil will keep them away. They hate the smell. Also a little olive oil wash will kill them, and not so chemically.

What?

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"

*hugs* for Qwertpie*

That olive oil idea is a good one. People who use oily products in their hair never suffer from head lice, so if I had to treat them on myself, I would cover my hair in oil and leave it that way for about 12 hours before washing it out.

Spring sig pic by Arkiegrl! Bouncing starfish by Ice Cat!

Swim with me

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-21-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Here's a thought for you - Summer buzz cut.

Seriously, I had lice about 17 years ago. I was a music teacher in an elementary school and I had very long hair at the time. And when the kids would come to me for a hug I always obliged them. Which meant that my long, luxurious hair came into contact with their dirty little heads. (I know, dirt doesn't necessarily have anything to do with lice but that's the way I felt at the time.)

I did all the treatement and combing junk that you're supposed to do (with long hair, mind you) and still had it two weeks later. So I went through the whole round again.

One tip I did get and it worked was to take all your bedding and stuffed animals and put them in black plastic bags. Place them outside in a place where they will get direct sunshine for a couple of hours. That will cook the little buggers to death.

I'm so sorry. As you can see, I feel your pain. Good luck! and lot's of hugs for you.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
{{hugs}} qtpie!

I too had lice once. My hair dresser found it. Talk about embarrassing. It was right after the shampoo, but before the cut or dry. She made me leave the salon right away, and took the towel with me. Oh, and it was winter. Needless to say, I never went back there.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Oh, what fun for you. We've had that fun recently ourselves.

DD's school sends out notices to students if one classmate is found to have lice. Each notice has info from the Public Health Department of our city, which has a number of resources to help, including a clinic where cheap ($2) shampoo can be purchased.

I am told that lice prefer clean hair, so having them is not a reflection of hygiene.

Now I'm all itchy.

Red wavy!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-21-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Hope you don't mind hugs from a stranger but I feel your pain. ((HUGS))

Siggy thanks to Syren!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
BIG (((HUGS))). Because it is a lot of work to delouse the house. If it's any comfort, I think every parent I know has had to deal with the louse issue at some
point.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
You're not calling me a louse, are you?

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Heck no. Mommies who live in Quell houses do not throw fine-toothed combs.

Sneetch was 4. We were at Supercuts. The girl turned pale, pulled me up to Sneetch's head, and started pointing. I had a hard time explaining why Haircut Is Suddenly Canceled to Sneetch without making her feel icky.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
*hug*

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
*hug from a far and then runs from thread*

It's a bummer big time....sister had them one from the kids across the street when their mother treated them and then just sent them back to school.....I hated seeing those buggers....creapy....
sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
It may go better if you reconsider who is the end-user on the tequila!

Here's hoping you don't get a particularly virile batch of them critters!

Don't feel bad about getting them though, it really has little to do with how clean you are.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
OMH, that's awful! The poor kid is going to have a rough time with it.
*hugs*

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-21-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
My suggestion...get in your car and head to the liquor store...one bottle of tequila will not be enough. Start your cocktail hour early...have DH pick the little bugger's out out of your son's hair while you kick back. This should relieve the stress factor. Good luck.

sig by sharnina

06-21-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Fantastic idea as my washer just quit, so I have to take everything to the laundromat. The upside is they have triple load washers and have much hotter water than we have at home. And they are right next door to a liquor store, so I will have to pick up some more libations!
We may have to restrain our son a la Hannibal Lector. Poor kid, I think we'll get him some slurpees to calm him while we are checking for nits.

And after the kids are in bed ---- margaritas!

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
I don't know how feasible this would be for you, your son, or the cost. I am of the opinion that sometimes it is worth hiring someone to do jobs we --detest? --aren't so good at?--need Tequila to get through?-- (several bottles, perhaps?) and THEN you could be the GOOD PERSON who didn't "do such a thing!" ;)

Consider it.

::::::Hugs!!!:::::::::::

06-22-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
I am just not sure what to look under in the yellow pages
Several years ago, one of our national news network featured a mom in Vancouver (I think) whose job is delousing other people's kids. She's good at it, charges a pretty penny and everyone feels they've come out ahead. Too bad she is so far away....

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Somehow you have managed to make this sound like it's gonna be a fun project after all.

But I don't envy you. Good luck. And, "Cheers!"

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
First things first, I have a son who has autism as well. He is now 10. Things get better. My son needs routine and schedules, and plenty of time if there is going to be a change.

Secondly, Quell is becoming ineffective against these bugs...they are becoming resistant. Oil is a good idea, petroleum jelly and a stocking cap is best. Suffocates them.
The dark plastic bags in the sun, is a perfect idea.

Is there even a remote chance that your son will allow you to give him buzz cut? They are so easy to do. That's all my son allows, and he doesn't have to shampoo as thoroughly and rinsing is not a problem. His hair never needs combing either.

Let me know if I can help.

Best wishes, and mostly, don't fret about it, or it will become more of an issue with him.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
You've received some good suggestions here. I hope the situation gets resolved soon and you'll laugh about it later.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
{{{HUGS}}} Sorry you're having to go through this. Sounds like you'll need every bit of patience, and every drop of tequila, that you can muster. Good luck!

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
First of all, never buy caps at yardsales. Second of all, instruct kids never to share caps with other kids.

We went through the head lice problem several years ago because my in-laws, while they had the kids for a few weeks during the summer, bought them "new" caps at a yardsale.

Gee, thanks.

In this situation I would recommend a headshave. It's just temporary, the hair will grow back. And a brand-new store-bought cap, of course. One wrapped in celophane if possible.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Lord Give Me Strength!!!"
Is anyone else itching just from reading this thread?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •