The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The footrace...To the Biosphere!!!??!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

tar2fan1 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-02, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tar2fan1 Click to send private message to tar2fan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The footrace...To the Biosphere!!!??!!!"
Hey all,

Just saw a TAR Finale teaser spot during Becker and it showed an interesting piece of footage:

After saying that the race would finish at an "undisclosed location", they showed a shot of Will slamming the door to an SUV and sprinting towards a field of grass, and the next shot showed Blake leaping over a small hill in the same grassy field next to a building.

Also the teaser showed more of Chex in the Snowcat, someone, I think Will, chiping away at the globe of ice from above (a cool shot), Blake in the rubber dingy (no, this is not referring to the clebration afterwards with Paige), shots of airport running.

Just thought I'd share............and hell, they just showed it again, with another shot of both Will and Blake running, but this time it showed Will running towards the field but with red clay underneath, similar to what you'd find in the deserts, and the shot of Blake jumping.......also with the voiceover of a "dash to the finish".

Okay..............I figured out where the last pitstop is!!!!!!!

Remember the Biosphere.............out in NV, desert, GRASSY areas with bleak buildings!!!!!! And the symbolism is perfect as well (new beginning, a complete environment/world, etc). And it is out of the way!!!!!! This is the final Pit Stop!

Check this out (#27 or #8 (my geography is a bit off, but #27 seems it) on map):

http://www2.unesco.org/mab/br/brdir/europe-n/USAmap.htm

Rock on!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 This Place? IceCat 05-13-02 1
   RE: This Place? Crimsyn 05-14-02 2
   but it's in Arizona! angenette 05-14-02 3
   RE: This Place? tar2fan1 05-14-02 6
 Not a Biosphere ... but? AyaK 05-14-02 4
   RE: Not a Biosphere ... but? smiles 05-14-02 5
   BIOSHERE IS IN ARIZONA WHITEJASMINE 05-15-02 10
       red clay angenette 05-15-02 13
 RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere... Faith 05-14-02 7
   RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere... Whisper 05-15-02 8
       RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere... trigirl 05-15-02 9
           RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere... Whisper 05-15-02 12
       San Francisco Loree 05-15-02 11
           RE: San Francisco L82LIFE 05-15-02 14
               RE: San Francisco trigirl 05-15-02 15
                   RE: San Francisco Meemo 05-15-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "This Place?"

Here's a link:

http://www.bio2.columbia.edu/Research/index.htm

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Crimsyn 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crimsyn Click to send private message to Crimsyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This Place?"
Viva Los Bio-Dome! hehe couldn't resist.

angenette 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angenette Click to send private message to angenette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "but it's in Arizona!"
None of the biodomes are in Nevada... are they close enough to Las Vegas to count?

tar2fan1 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tar2fan1 Click to send private message to tar2fan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This Place?"
Hey,

There are no vid-caps of the place (it was not shown in the teaser, only what what looked to be something like the area that may be there....), but the scenery looks like something you'd find near there........red clay-ish earth, tall grass, hills and non-descript buildings. Although not near LV, it is still my number one guess as to where the pit stop is. All the clues I see point there in the preview.

Rock on!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Not a Biosphere ... but?"
None of the U.S. Biospheres are close enough to Las Vegas to be the destination. The most famous biosphere, Ed Bass's "Biosphere2 Center", is between Phoenix and Tucson and is now run by Columbia University.

The only center that I know of that is even close to Las Vegas is the Nevada Desert Research Center (NDRC) run by UNLV, which is MUCH less developed than the Biospheres (but is only about 70 miles outside LV). Could it be what you saw?

http://www.unlv.edu/Climate_Change_Research/

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not a Biosphere ... but?"
That is feasible place for the finish. I don't think too many people know about it. I am from LV and I never heard about it in all the years I've lived there.

It would be great to have vidcaps of this preview. Where is Bungler when you need him?

WHITEJASMINE 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHITEJASMINE Click to send private message to WHITEJASMINE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "BIOSHERE IS IN ARIZONA"
I LIVE IN TUCSON/AZ AND ITS NOT VERY FAR FROM ME AT ALL
I HAVE BEEN THERE A FEW TIMES AND CANNOT RECALL ANY RED CLAY SO I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS THE PLACE OR NOT...IT WOULD BE COOL THOUGH!!!

angenette 38 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angenette Click to send private message to angenette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "red clay"
southern utah is near vegas and the hills are really red there!

Faith 40 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Faith Click to send private message to Faith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere!!!??!!!"
WOW! What a great discovery! tar2fan.. was that on CTV? DARN! I MISSED IT! I was watching Felicity and then when it was over I left the room... I heard the familiar song and the voice-over. I knew it was more clips from the final episode of the Amazing Race, but I missed them entirely -- didn't make it back in time. Nonetheless, I thought it would only be similar clips to the ones they showed at the end of last week's episode.. boy, was I wrong!!

The biosphere? I never heard of that in my life. :\ But if it comes down to the Teams running across the field, Blake and Paige can out-run the 30-year-olds anyways.

Whisper 12 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Whisper Click to send private message to Whisper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere!!!??!!!"
From what I hear, the race ends in San Francisco, not Las Vegas.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere!!!??!!!"
Could TV Guide have been mistaken\mislead?

Okay Whisper, fess up. What is your relationship to Tara?

Whisper 12 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whisper Click to send private message to Whisper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The footrace...To the Biosphere!!!??!!!"
>Could TV Guide have been mistaken\mislead?
>
>
>Okay Whisper, fess up. What
>is your relationship to Tara?
>
>

I'm really Alex.

JK. We're just friends. I have to add that almost none of the info I've posted came directly (or indirectly) from Tara. I've had the opportunity to hang out at a couple gatherings of TAR2 contestants in L.A. and have overheard some stuff, and gleaned other information from various conversations. As you might imagine, the major topic of conversation usually is TAR2.

What's kind of interesting is that the Survivor folks and the TAR folks now hang out with each other, at least in L.A. That's most likely how Blake ended up dating Lindsey (info from an earlier post).

One little tidbit that a contestant shared with me is that in the last leg, NO ONE was helping Tara and Wil out at all, mainly because of their animosity towards Wil. Of course, it could also be that in the final leg it gets cutthroat. This is in contrast to earlier legs where a lot of the teams actually helped each other out.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "San Francisco"
Yes I heard Jane Clayson on The Early Show say this morning that the final destination is San Francisco.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: San Francisco"
There would be so many landmarks in SF to have the final pit stop. Alcatraz would be cool. Perhaps the top of Lombard Street (after making them ride a bike up it? Heehee)? Golden Gate Bridge/Park, Coit Towers, Cliff House, etc. would all be viable choices but for the fact that they have tourists all the time. It would be really hard to find a remote spot in SF that wouldn't be noticed by tons of people. Are they in the actual City, or one of the many surrounding cities?

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: San Francisco"
Well that was a lot of energy wasted on Nevada!

As I said in an earlier thread. I think one way to get around the crowds is to have the pit-stop on the roof of a building as they did in Sydney. That was clever as it allowed for scenic views (great tv) and privacy. Something similiar would be awesome in SanFran.

Alcatraz would be cool too but would make for a tricky ending catching ferries. That would mean a really, really close race if contestants were on the same ferry.

Wow...not much time to speculate!

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-15-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: San Francisco"
Can't wait for tonight!

Alcatraz is a possibility. If you remember the end of that NBC show "Lost" they concluded at the S. of Liberty.

It adds some tension when there is a challenge to get to the last place. Just a thought.

Go Blake and Paige!

"I'm no theologian, but I do know that God is a more powerful force than both mom & dad combined....and you owe Him big." - Lisa Simpson

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •