The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who's had/has braces?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-20-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who's had/has braces?"
Well, I'm 21 this sunday and just got braces to fix my wonkey crooked teeth. Odd feeling to say the least, not to comfortable right now. Just wondering who of you all has had braces in the past or has them right now. Any of you who have had them as an adult?

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and Communism, war has never solved anything.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who's had/has braces? mtopaz 06-20-06 1
   RE: Who's had/has braces? Smooth23 06-20-06 3
       RE: Who's had/has braces? nailbone 06-20-06 11
 RE: Who's had/has braces? nailbone 06-20-06 2
   RE: Who's had/has braces? mtopaz 06-20-06 12
       RE: Who's had/has braces? cahaya 06-21-06 15
 RE: Who's had/has braces? SilverStar 06-20-06 4
   RE: Who's had/has braces? Smooth23 06-20-06 7
   RE: Who's had/has braces? Brownroach 06-20-06 8
 RE: Who's had/has braces? ginger 06-20-06 5
 RE: Who's had/has braces? byoffer 06-20-06 6
   RE: Who's had/has braces? Seabisquit 06-20-06 9
 RE: Who's had/has braces? Cyndimaus 06-20-06 10
 RE: Who's had/has braces? qwertypie 06-20-06 13
 RE: Who's had/has braces? mysticwolf 06-20-06 14
   RE: Who's had/has braces? Smooth23 06-21-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-20-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Hi Smooth! I have a small mouth (which is often a surprise to people who haven't met me in person), but I had a lot of teeth. Lots of kids in my family, so no orthodentia until I was an adult and could pay for it myself. I had 6 teeth removed before I could have the braces put on. That was not fun!

It does feel wierd at first but you get used to it. Then every month when they tighten them a little bit, you'll be sore for a few days. Take Advil as needed, especially before bed at night to help you go to sleep.

Also, if you don't have one, get a Waterpik to keep your teeth clean and healthy.

Sig pic by JSlice

06-20-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
I actually have a waterpik already, and I love it. That+sonicare elite brush=super duper.

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and Communism, war has never solved anything.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-20-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
The sonicare deal made my kids' mouths hurt. Too much vibration on the metal or something.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
I had 'em when I was a kid, and both kids just got them off. DW has them now, and they've done wonders for her teeth, and self-esteem.

Second that about the WaterPik. And ALWAYS wear your retainers when the time comes. When I had mine as a kid, they didn't give the "from now on" retainers, and so my teeth did some shifting over the years, and aren't as straight anymore.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-20-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
so my teeth did some shifting over the years, and aren't as straight anymore.

Mine have shifted too, although they are still pretty straight and a vast improvement over the original look I had. Plus, the slightly imperfect look is in now. It adds character.

Sig pic by JSlice

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Same here about the braces and the slight shifting over time. They probably settled in fairly permanently after about 5 years.

It adds character.

Well, you've already got lots of that!

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

My teeth were so bad, the incisors went up into the palate, not down as they should have. The surgery was rather bloody, but the same afternoon I went and shot my best-ever round of golf! Musta been the painkillers.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
I've never had braces. My sister's teeth were worse than mine when we were kids, so she got the braces. I would love straight teeth, but don't really have the money for it. I'm very interested in those Invisalign braces though. I would love to have those. Maybe one day...

06-20-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
I've seen invisalign on people before. For one, you have to have pretty good teeth to begin with. Then, they are not invisible at all, pretty obvious really and kind of make your teeth look dirty. My braces are all metal-and are about half the size of clear ones so pretty comfortable. Oh yeah, invisalign is more expensive than traditional.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-06 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

My sister's teeth were worse than mine when we were kids, so she got the braces.

I can relate -- in my case, mine weren't that bad and my brother's were worse so he got them. But given how they've gradually shifted over the years, I kind of wish I'd gotten them too. I don't know if I care enough to do anything about it now though.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
I haven't but EVERYONE here is getting adult braces! I almost feel left out!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Don't let people make fun of you for wearing braces. Sure, they may not look cool, but they are better than letting your pants fall down....

what?

Defying death since 02 June 06

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-20-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Never needed braces, thank goodness. But just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday...a little early. Happy 21st.

sig by sharnina

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-20-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
How about someone who SHOULD have braces? That would be me! We could never afford them when I was a kid and maybe someday I'll get them. It would be nice to have straighter teeth. Good luck with yours!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Had them when I was 12 (with head gear and elastic bands --- how is that for COOL?). The teeth have shifted a bit over the years, but still much improved over the original overbite and vampire fangs I had. I do have TMJ problems tho' which is a common problem for people that had head gear back then.

And stay away from the roasted almonds. I cracked several bands because of them.
And take the advil when they are tightened.

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Had them as a kid. Lucky/unlucky situation. They pulled 4 teeth and used braces to shift the others into those spaces to make room for my wisdom teeth. So, I didn't have to have them on all of my teeth, 'cause it was shifting, not straightening. Just a couple on the sides and back, along with the rubber bands. And, I had an inner bar on the lower teeth. Then a retainer after for awhile.

Pulling the teeth was not good. Had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and it fueled my fear of dentists. Still have my wisdom teeth. One is capped in gold. When it broke I was so afraid of having it pulled they capped it for me. Something they don't usually do. They had to use gold because it was still growing. *shrug* I dunno. That's what they said at any rate.

Remember that when I had the braces I got into the habit of resting my upper lip on top of the bar. It was weird when they came off and I couldn't do that any more.

My lower front teeth are cramped again and I found out that they now recommend that once you have braces you should keep wearing a retainer at night to maintain it. Kind of wish they'd known that then.

Did you get the new "invisible" ones I've seen advertised? I'd consider those to recorrect the lowers if I had the money.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

06-21-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Who's had/has braces?"
Nope, no hiding them for me, straight ol stainless steel. They are however much much smaller than I remember my sisters' when she had them some 8 years ago. Don't even stick out from the teeth 1mm.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •