The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Snarky Comebacks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-01-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Snarky Comebacks"
LAST EDITED ON 06-04-06 AT 10:44 AM (EST)

Isn't preplanned snark wonderful? Ever since I got my PhD, I've wanted someone to say say something obnoxious to me that would give me a chance to use my title.

I was at a conference and met someone I knew from undergrad who was (and I assume still is) a player*. The first thing he noticed was my wedding ring. We said hi, he grabbed my hand, held it up and said

"Ah, so you are Mrs MrBob now?"

I smile super sweet.

"I prefer Dr deChemist"

He left soon after.

That was worth 4 1/2 years of a PhD and waiting 2 years for, right?

Any other planned snark? Or do any of you quick witted ones have spur of the moment snark stories?

edit to add: I'm not sure got across the slimeyness of this guy in my original description. He slept with a couple of my friends and wasn't very nice about. He also had a big mouth about his "conquests". It was no coincidence the first thing he noticed about me was the wedding ring.

Other people have said exactly the same thing to me (Mrs MrBob) and it's just part of catching up. It's all in the tone.

*I prefer the term "manwhore", but I'm snarky like that.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Snarky Comebacks Snidget 06-01-06 1
 RE: Snarky Comebacks Tahj 06-01-06 2
 RE: Snarky Comebacks FishWoman 06-02-06 3
 RE: Snarky Comebacks Lasann 06-02-06 4
 RE: Snarky Comebacks azkate 06-02-06 5
   RE: Snarky Comebacks EMTBGRL 06-02-06 6
       RE: Snarky Comebacks cahaya 06-02-06 7
 RE: Snarky Comebacks HistoryDetective 06-02-06 8
   RE: Snarky Comebacks ivoryElephant 06-04-06 9
 RE: Snarky Comebacks AZ_Leo 06-04-06 10
 RE: Snarky Comebacks J Slice 06-05-06 11
 RE: Snarky Comebacks susang 06-06-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
If I am getting attitude from some customer service or sales person (a lot of them are wonderful but every once in awhile you wonder how someone so antisocial would ever land a job where dealing with people would be the vast majority of what they do all day) and we do the get my information thing and the do the Miss or Mrs thing I always summon the best snarky voice I can and say, "Doctor".

Yep, sometimes it makes all the carp seem worthwhile.

Although when anyone calls me Dr. Snidget I think they are referring to my father. Where he worked it was funny as one of the muckity mucks told all the administrative assistants that they had to call all the scientists Dr. Well all the Ph.D's that worked in that department wanted to be called by their first names and fussed at her about it, so it became Dr First Name for everybody.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-01-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
I've met many straight men who think gay men are just dying to have sex with them, I've delighted in telling them, "Don't worry hon, we have much better taste than that."

Moves courtesy of Syren

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-02-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
I generally never think of anything good to say until the moment has passed.

However, one of my favorite spur-of-the-moment comments was, after my sister had seriously flubbed the break while shooting pool, telling her "you break like my Melmac plates."

I am a juris doctor, but I probably shouldn't go around calling myself Doctor FishWoman

~a tribephyl original~
What can I say? I'm an educated singularity idiot.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
I'd reply but I haven't prepared anything.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-02-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-06 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

Gushers!!!

Hate em....

We were at a bank and the young woman gushed to my BF "Oh your son looks just like you (bats eyelashes)"

To which I replied "Well that will certainly be news to his father...(deadpan)"

Gah!

A bad day of off-roading is better than no off-roading at all

ETA: Another snark - hanging at a bar in the Keys and young guys look at BF and I and ask "Are you two married?" We both say "Yes....but not to each other!" (Long story short - ex left and then refused to get divorced Gah! Gah! Gah!

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-02-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
My older sister and I were in a bar soon after I turned 21 (I don't drink, but BOY HOWDY she does!) Anyway, a gold-chained, chest hair showing Disco Stu approached my sis, and actually tried, "Hey baby, what's your sign?"

She swiveled around, looked him right in the eye and without hesitating said,

"Usually it's Yield, but for you it's Stop!"

This many years later--that STILL makes me laugh. (I think I spewed Sprite all over the bar that night. Classy, eh?)

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
For overly persistent guys like that, who often like to run the stop signs, "Dead End" might work even better.

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

No U-turn, either.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
I guess mine is a little similar, Bob. If I ever attend a class reunion and the fvcktard teacher coach who ran the student council insists that I have to call him Mr. Fvcktard rather Keith, I will insist that he address me as Dr. Detective in return.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-04-06, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
One I have always wanted to use but haven't had the chance to is from a Tom Petty Song...

"Think of me what you will I've got a little space to fill"

mind the gap

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
Hopefully in two more years I too can enjoy using that particular comeback. I can think of numerous former coworkers I can't wait to run into then.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
I did it.

I got the last word in with my best friend's horrible, awful, absolutely disgustingly awful-souled girlfriend as I moved out.

(side note: she decided to drive an enormous wedge between my friend and I- we're still trying to fix the mess she caused)

The witch moved into my building roughly 3 days before my departure, about 3 rooms down from my own.

Her apartment? is the one next to the trash-chute room. Which is labelled "Trash Room."

My final walk down the hall, I ran into her, and she sort of did this snorty self-laugh (I was v. sweaty/tired from the whole moving thing).

"Oh, before I forget..."

She turned around to look at me.

"You should really tell the apartment to fix your door."

"What do you mean, 'fix my door?' What'd you do to it?"

"Nothing at all!"

"Then what do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing really, but that sign's (I gestured towards the Trash Room) on the wrong door."

I smiled, and walked off.

My friend im'ed me later to tell me that while he didn't approve of my exit, the story did make him laugh his a$$ off uncontrollably- right after she cried to him... ZING!

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-06-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Snarky Comebacks"
When people remark that I look young for my age, I say, "I don't have a husband and kids to drive me crazy." It often helps to reply in a humorous way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •