The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mochiba 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-18-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mochiba Click to send private message to mochiba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
Is it just me or is he really starting to get annoying. Maybe I just have a natural aversion to people who think they are above everyone. He originally was funny and entertaining but he's starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Hi cockiness is out of control and he thinks that he controls everyones minds and votes. The whole Amber thing is tough to stomach also. How could you trust this guy at all if you ever watched the first show. But I have to say he kills in all of the challenges so the rest of the tribe has to start thinking that this guy has to go...and quick...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... leogirl_21 03-18-04 1
   RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... IreneMcGee 03-18-04 2
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... TDeniseS 03-18-04 3
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... ValleyGirl 03-18-04 4
   RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... mikey 03-18-04 7
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... I_AM_HE 03-18-04 5
   I'm totally in Agreement with HE bubbastan 03-19-04 17
   RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... RollDdice 03-19-04 18
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... ulalame 03-18-04 6
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... moogie 03-18-04 8
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... raidersfantom 03-18-04 9
   RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... moogie 03-18-04 10
   RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... Robotext 03-18-04 11
       RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... toddE 03-18-04 12
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... MakeItStop 03-18-04 13
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... tvgeek401 03-18-04 14
   RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... arturbars 03-19-04 15
       RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... Loree 03-22-04 19
 RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymor... Gin 03-19-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
Yeah, I am not his biggest fan...he is starting to get a bit too cocky and annoying for me too.

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
And the fact that he and Amber are such a unit means one of them needs to go NOW.

>Yeah, I am not his biggest
>fan...he is starting to get
>a bit too cocky and
>annoying for me too.

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
>Is it just me or is
>he really starting to get
>annoying. >

No offense but I thought this was the "Fanatics" Forum....and not Bashers.

Say what you want but I think Rob is doing a great job ..... he and Amber have almost single-handedly won most of the challenges for their tribe. I guess you would feel better if he just sat around and waited to get voted off!

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
What kind of show would it have been without the coupling of Rob and Amba? Boring, boring, boring, that's what. At least Rob has provided some entertainment value for what has been an otherwise ho hum show up until now. The Rob and Amba show has provided us with some of the best moments of the series so far.

Survivor All*Stars F2 favorites
Ambamudda and the Robfadda

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-18-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
I agree with ValleyGirl. In a cast of strong personalities, Boston Rob the blue collar hero has been the star of the show from Day 1, and he and Amber are having fun and don't give a rats ##### that their romance will probably hurt their chances of winning. Is he cocky? heck yes, but what guy out there wouldn't have loved to knock all-American Colby on his butt and then quip to the cameras "see ladies, he's not so tough." Even Rupert likes him much of the time.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
Wait, you ever liked him at all? He was NEVER entertaining or funny, except in the "Haha, look at that moron" kind of way. I'll admit I do like laughing AT him, but that doesn't outweigh the negative of having to watch him in the first place.

- RMMNW!!!

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-04, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I'm totally in Agreement with HE"
as usual. I simply don't find morons with misplaced superiority complexes entertaining. I am so painfully tired of having to listen to his Third Grade put-downs of his castmates week in and week out. Of course he only makes these statements to uncle cameraman or one of his Chappie minions, he would never have the guts to say any of this to any of their faces. Contrast that with Sandra, who had the guts to call someone out right to their face and still not end up getting the boot. I'll take Sandra over this dweeb any day. For me, Rawb is just sucking what little enjoyment there is to be had out of A.S.S.

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-04 AT 11:05 PM (EST)

There is a time and place to be cocky.

During a challenge? That's team pride and you prove you're valuable. In confessionals? Who's to know?

But when you lose control of your ego others go on little walk-n-talks to see about voting you off.

Did he really have to stick it to Rupert like that? Just bringing in the fish would have let the air out of Rupe's tires.

But you know what they say. "What goes around comes back around in the edit bay."
Mark "The Puppet Master" Burnett

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-18-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
I couldn't disagree more! Rob is the most entertaining character on the show -- yeah he's arrogant and cocky, but that just makes him more fun to watch. You know what they say, though, "Pride Goeth Before A Fall . . ." Never forget, EPM knows how to edit a show -- I'm sure Rob is being set up for a taking down a notch. In any event, I heart the Robfaddah!

moogie 39 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moogie Click to send private message to moogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
I used to like him a lot, but he's gotten power crazed. And why was he making fun of the way Rupert talks when his and Tom's accents are way more noticeable? He reminds me of one of the boys from that book Lord of the Flies. I'm off to find a Rob hate thread in bashers!

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
This really should be in bashers....

Now I'm just gonna defend the might Robfaddah, without any comparisons to anyone else....no I prolly will compare him to the other All Stars, mebbe even previous players

Rob is playing the game right now far and away better then anyone. He encompasses a little bit of very succesful Survivors from the past and ones that he is playing with right now.

He's a challenge stud right now for his team. He has almost single-handedly won challenges for Chapera. He is willing to step up and put himself out there as the payer to beat on his tribe too. Do you think that Chapera doesn't think he'll be a big target after the merge? He probably knows that he is a target now as well, leading to....

He's strategizing better than anyone at Chapera. He's aligned himself with everyone, except Alicia (allegedly). He has Amber as his "hip-pocket" girl, just like Sara, and he may get Jenna L. there too by looking at previews and Insider transcripts. Plus, he has Tom agreeing with all his Rupert and Alicia jabs.

HE"S GETTING THE GIRL! That has to be the biggest accomplishment of them all. Being on an island, washing yourself in salt water, rationing toothpaste and soap, smelly and tired from fishing, challenges, work around camp. Not to mention a cocky, take-no guff attitude, and his own previous appearance on Survivor counting against him. Yet he got the girl, and may get two!

Not the best ever, but one of the best in All-Stars

moogie 39 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moogie Click to send private message to moogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
You're so right about all of that, but that doesn't mean he's likeable. In fact I'd say it makes him less likeable, nobody likes a show off and that's exactly how he's being edited. Hmmm, now that I think of it Rupert is being edited as the underdog and Rob as the big mean bully. Are we being set up for a huge Rupert come back? And, while I'm ranting, why would anyone trade down from Amber to Jenna? I just don't see that happening.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-18-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
I have to admit he is playing a strong game and is entertaining in a car wreck sort of way, but I will be very, very happy when he gets the boot. His over the top obnoxiousness takes away from any joy that I may have at his great Survivor play this time around.

And really, getting Amber? She needs to glom onto another living body to prove she is breathing (and besides, Rob is getting Ethan's seconds or is it thirds? Boy, per MB, Ethan is a whore!)

Now, if Rob got Kathy, that would be an accomplishment!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
If I didn't know anything about Mariano before this show, I'd think he was all right (but I find his romance with Amber deathly dull). It's his behavior toward other Survivors that has been reported, as well as his phobic 'tude toward nurseJohn in Marquesas, that makes him a big jerkwad.

I will say that he engineered my #2 all-time-favorite Survivor moment when he got rid of Hunter. Only the ouster of Amazon misogynist Roger was better.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-18-04, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
So you think rob is just starting to get annoying? LOL I think he's been annoying the entire time. I can't stand his cocky attitude. But for those of you who are fans of his, I will admit that he makes entertaining TV ... but I still can't stand the guy.

If you want breakfast in bed then sleep in the kitchen.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-18-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
I agree completely. At the beginning, he was one of my favorites, but as time goes on, he is getting more and more intolerable. I have always hated the guy who thinks everyone loves him and wants to show it off to the world.

If his tribe is thinking at all, they should realize that he seems to be pretty much in control and vote him off or just hand him the million. But what do I know...

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
Hey, Don't hate the player hate the game.....

Actually hate the sheep on the Chapera tribe who silently following Rob arround like he is thei sheppard. I know he could be a bit edgy and cocky - but what makes him great for TV - this show needs more characters like him. Give the guy props for holding his team together (unlike mogo mogo), being a major force in all the challanges, and still having fun out there.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
>- this show needs
>more characters like him.
>Give the guy props for
>holding his team together (unlike
>mogo mogo), being a major
>force in all the challanges,
>and still having fun out
>there.

Yes, I wish there were more players on the show like Rob. He is entertaining. There is nothing worse than boring players.

Gin 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-19-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gin Click to send private message to Gin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I can't Stand Boston Rob Anymore"
He does look good in the challenges - maybe even the best player this season so far. (Does that mean he'd have been voted out of Mogo Mogo by now?)

I think his cocky 'tude will prove him out in the end though.

The part I find most annoying about him is that sappy music they played during his tender Amber moments. Ugh. Gag me with a spoon.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •