The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-03-08, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Once again, like last year for IGB, the theme will be 'Inspirational Songs'. Blech.

I found this over on MJ's Blog.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... emydi 04-04-08 1
   RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... Snidget 04-04-08 2
       RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... zazzy 04-04-08 8
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... geekboy 04-04-08 3
   RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... bullzeye 04-04-08 5
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... mia rules18 04-04-08 4
   RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... Ricky 04-04-08 12
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... aquariaqueen 04-04-08 6
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... nailbone 04-04-08 7
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... zazzy 04-04-08 9
   RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... geekboy 04-04-08 10
       RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... memzoo48 04-04-08 11
           RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... zazzy 04-05-08 14
           RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... bullzeye 04-05-08 15
               RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... aquariaqueen 04-05-08 16
                   RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... Tahj 04-07-08 22
       RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... zazzy 04-05-08 13
           RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... wiseowl 04-05-08 17
               Song list dangerkitty 04-05-08 18
               RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... Loree 04-05-08 19
               RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... CTgirl 04-06-08 20
               RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... memzoo48 04-06-08 21
               RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... emydi 04-07-08 23
 SPOILER emydi 04-08-08 24
   RE: SPOILER Corvis 04-08-08 25
       RE: SPOILER JessicaRN 04-08-08 27
   RE: SPOILER Ahtumbreez 04-08-08 26
 RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... zazzy 04-08-08 28
   RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made... Ahtumbreez 04-08-08 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-08, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
so KKKristy will sing "Im Proud to be an American" again?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-08, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Or "Amazing Grace".

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-04-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
ITA.

04-04-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
The one thing i can't get out of my head is the sneaking suspicion of Archuleta doing a Jordin Sparks and singing "You'll Never Walk Alone". I can see it, and frankly it would work for him. *grumbles*

geekboy

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-08, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Complete with the Liverpool colours and all? Ugh.

An Agman!

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-08, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
I like David, I think he has a great voice, however...whenever he is asked to comment on a song or song choice it's always...
"Well, gosh, it's a great song, and it has a great Message..." That IS getting kind of lame. I would like to see him excel with something a bit different. They are totally giving him next weeks show...bet he gets the pimp spot as well!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-08, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Keep in mind he's only 17, he doesn't have a lot of life experiences to draw from and comment on yet.

Agree, they are giving him next weeks show. He'll most likely choose a great song with a great message. Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" maybe ?

Hope Monger

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-04-08, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
I envision the Beaches theme on the next episode.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Gonna be hard for Jason to vary from his theme this week.

04-04-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-08 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

Why, Geekboy, are you starting to see the producer manipulations on the show? Welcome to the snark side. ;)

If David A gets the pimp spot again then I'll know the producers want him to win. I'm thinking Carly or Brooke may get it though. I'm leaning towards Carly--then she can be in a long dress, all restyled per Simon's instructions, tat covered up, softer hair and makeup, and belt her best (something from Les Mis, perhaps, that she knows from when she toured with it as a child?), and bringing us to tears. I am still waiting for a full goosebump moment with her.

ETA:

Here's what they sang last year:

Blake “Imagine”
Chris “Change The World”
Jordin “You’ll Never Walk Alone”
Lakisha “I Believe”
Melinda “There Will Come A Day”
Phil “The Change”

04-04-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
No, I haven't wandered to the snark (dark) side. I know there are attempts at manipulation, but I have yet to be convinced that it actually is as effective as people want to think.

I don't believe they chose Inpirational Songs week FOR David. I'm just saying that with his track record of song choices, i'm sure he's ecstatic.

What i do find interesting is that at the start of teh season, David A WAS their 'chosen one'. I'm starting to get the impression that he may not be viewed at the same level of 'choseness' now.

I don't believe any of the producers predicted the 'David Cook Effect' and he is teh only true challenger to David A.

David Cook has more diversity. David Cook has more originality. David Cook has more creativity. David Cook has more musical talent.

It will be interesting to see how things fall out.

geekboy

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-08, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
What would you like to hear David Cook sing next week? With an inspirational theme, I wouldn't be surprised if he dedicates the song to his brother.

04-05-08, 01:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Good prediction, Memzoo!

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-08, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
I wouldn't be surprised if he dedicates the song to his brother.

I think there is a realistic enough chance that he will do that, that I must ensure there is a full box of kleenex nearby. I know I will ball my frickin' eyes out if this happens.

An Agman!

I am such a baby....

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-05-08, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
psst....Wind Beneath my Wings

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
Wonder which i-tunes arrangement he'll choose.

It's a Tribe!

04-05-08, 01:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
I don't think they have inspirational songs just for David A, either but that theme and the Andrew Lloyd Webber theme weeks seem right up his alley!

I think David A was this year's frontrunner. Like Melinda, Lakisha, last year, take your pick. His fan base may lift him to the F2, though, because they have taken him on like a cause. Like the Claymates did with Clay.

wiseowl 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-08, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wiseowl Click to send private message to wiseowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
According to TMZ, these are the songs for this week:

David Archuleta: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna
Kristy Lee Cook: "Don't Speak" by No Doubt
Michael Johns: "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" by Rolf Harris
Brooke White: "Crybaby" by Mariah Carey
David Cook: "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
Jason Castro: "I Am Not My Hair" by India.Arie
Carly Smithson: "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra
Syesha Mercado: "Don't Forget About Us" by Mariah Carey

I guess this is the week Mariah is on? Sadly, I have a few of her CDs...but I've never heard thoes songs before...so maybe they are from the new album?

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-08, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Song list"

Bwahahaha! This is hilarious! Great list, whoever came up with it.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-08, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
I love it. They did make me laugh.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-08, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
You forgot to include this:

Until TMZ moles obtain the song list -- and we will -- we've created a song list the wannabes should consider for themselves.

lol.

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-08, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
LMAO! That's hilarious. I especially love "My Heart Will Go On" for Cook, and "I am Not My Hair" for JC!

04-07-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
OMH LOL as soon as I saw the Papa don't preach for archie I knew it was a fun fake list

Thanks to agman for the great graphics and siggie!

04-08-08, 11:51 AM (EST)
24. "SPOILER"
Go here for David Cook's song choice

interesting and not sappy

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-08-08, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SPOILER"
For those that don't have an account on that board, it's also at MJ's Blog: http://mjsbigblog.com/ along with Archie's song choice.

I have never heard of either song. I like the lyrics to Cook's choice.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-08-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: SPOILER"
I was not familiar with Archie's song so I watched it on You Tube and got goosebumps. He could do it well I think>

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SPOILER"
Thanks emy, I just found out that I'm a Castronaut according to that sight.

Agman took me to the islands

04-08-08, 05:23 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-08 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

Why are you all being so coy?

Here's what MJ's says around 5 pm today about spoilers for tonight:

"David Cook - “Innocent” - Our Lady Peace (via their website)

Acoustic version: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wP_mv_IfvbU

Their video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2uOsApqII

David Archuleta - “Angels” - Robbie Williams ( from a reliable source on the scary boards, via Idol Forums) You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF8unwxhNho

Jason Castro - “Over The Rainbow” - Israel Kamakawiwo version You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2Jt4WOxN8 . "

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Next Week's Theme - Custom Made for Archie"
I think Jason's going to do really well with that version. Now I have to go rest my fingers before they go to work dialing Jason's number tonight.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •