The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zoe Calendar Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-02, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zoe Calendar Spoiler"
Hey, I just posted this on the fanatics board and I'm very curious as to what you guys think.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, that's right--it's a 2003 Zoe calendar! ROFLMAO
Ok now I've got that out of my system. Here's the description:

"Her new 2003 photo calendar & tide chart is an inspirational guide for everyone.
And this one is personally signed by Zoe herself!"

I found this very odd for many reasons. First of all, why would she choose right now to start selling calendars? Wouldn't you think she would wait until the show is over or until she has been booted? I mean I don't think alot of people who don't watch the show Survivor even know who she is--let alone alot of people who do watch the show! Can you even remember any lines of hers other than "I don't want to go home." I wonder if this could give us any clues as to when she's voted off. I mean, I don't think they would make a calendar of her unless she makes it alot farther, you know? Seeing as how she's never spoken more than a sentence or two the entire series, and she is definitely not sticking out as an interesting character (so far anyway) I'm guessing that they are producing a calendar of hers because they know she is one of the final two and will gain alot of popularity due to that fact.

Well I'm sorry if this was a stupid attempt at spoiling. I just couldn't let this go without saying anything about it. Am I an idiot or does something about this seem fishy to you guys? I'm dying to hear anyone else's speculations.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler shakes the clown 04-01-02 1
   RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler JeffGator 04-01-02 3
       RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler heresy 04-01-02 6
 RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler George Tirebiter 04-01-02 2
   sorry if i posted old news JeffGator 04-01-02 4
   Like I already said in this thresd shakes the clown 04-01-02 5
       RE: Like I already said in this thr... NightScribe 04-02-02 7
           RE: Like I already said in this thr... JeffGator 04-02-02 8
 Another possible Zoe spoiler?? MeToo 04-02-02 9
   RE: Another possible Zoe spoiler?? George Tirebiter 04-02-02 10
   RE: Another possible Zoe spoiler?? beachbum 04-04-02 11
 How far can they trus Zoe? survivorscott 04-05-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-02, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler"
>mean, I don't think they
>would make a calendar of
>her unless she makes it
>alot farther, you know?

...I'm pretty sure I read recently on a different board that this calendar was made even before she went on the show, sometime last summer (notice the summer/spring/fall aspect of the cover photo)...turns out Zoe is a bit of a local celebrity for being the Lobsterwoman.

Not sure when she started selling the calendar, but IF she just decided to start selling it now that would be pretty good evidence that she most certainly does NOT win the million...for the reasoning to this I cite back to Keith and his Kookbook book singing tour.

The reasoning is that someone who wins wouldn't need to start milking the spotlight rigth now, in fact, it would be a bad marketing move for the winnner to start marketing him/herself right now.

04-01-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler"
Thanks for the information Shakes. I didn't know that the calendar was made before she went on the show. I thought about what you said, and I agree that this more than likely means that she does not win the million. Just out of curiosity, when did Keith begin selling his cook book? Was it before, after, or during the show? And you're probably right, if she was a member of the final two, I don't think she'd start selling it until after the final episode. I still believe she's a member of the final four however.
By the way shakes, how was your passover this year? Did you get enough Manishevitz? Hehe, mine wasn't great, I didn't get to spend it with my mom for the first time ever But I had a nice seder with some friends at college.

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-02, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler"
The book was published after the merge and before the final 5 (sorry I can't remember more specifically than this).

The publisher purchased the book rights before Keith was cast for Survivor.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-02, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Zoe Calendar Spoiler"
Actually, NightScribe posted this here last week, so it's not exactly news--you should've just bumped her thread. . .

Obviously, as a contestant she was smart to plan ahead--but it does strike me a bit odd that we should want to read Zoe's personal advice to be a winner in life if she doesn't actually come out on top. Calculated risk, or altered to reflect what actually transpires? Time will tell.

GT

Choose your friends carefully.-Y. Arafat

04-01-02, 10:18 PM (EST)
4. "sorry if i posted old news"
Hey sorry if i posted something that nightscribe had already posted I thought the Zoe calendar was breaking news hehe. I'll have to pay more attention to the archives next time.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-02, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Like I already said in this thresd"
>Obviously, as a contestant she was
>smart to plan ahead--but it
>does strike me a bit
>odd that we should want
>to read Zoe's personal advice
>to be a winner in
>life if she doesn't actually
>come out on top. Calculated
>risk, or altered to reflect
>what actually transpires? Time will
>tell.

...this calendar was made BEFORE she even went on the show, therefore, she would have NO idea as to how she did or was going to do on the show when it was made. Remember, these guys were filming from November - December.....look at the weather in the cover pic.....this pic was shot at the latest in the Fall, and at the earliest in the upcoming spring...she probably hasn't seen a day that nice since she came back from filming.

Also, believe it or not GT, some of these whores actually consider themselves "winner" just for getting selected to be on the show.

The more interesting question would be how the hell did they come up with 12 separate bits of personal advice by Zoe considering she might not utter 12 sylables in an entire month, let alone a single coherent worthwhile sentence.

NOT A SPOILER

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-02-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Like I already said in this thresd"
Well, I think, although I'm not certain, that the advice GT is referring to is that which is found on her website <http://www.monheganzoe.com> which has a copyright date of 2002, which would mean that these "philosophies" were written up after the filming of S4.

We should actually look at them and see if there are any clues in there. I mean, I doubt she's as silent as she's being made out to be. Just because she's being hidden by the editing doesn't mean she's a bore. Just looking at her bio on cbs.com makes me believe there's more to her than we're seeing.

04-02-02, 01:04 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Like I already said in this thresd"
Wow, what a great find nightscribe! So she did the calendar right after Survivor and her advice is on how to be a winner. Hmmmm.... Of course that doesn't mean she wins or even makes the final 2 but I do think that she does pretty decent and I'll stand by my prediction that she makes the final 4.

P.S. what's up with the Yassir Arafat quotes on the board?

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Another possible Zoe spoiler??"
I stumbled across this article at SurvivorFever:

http://www.centralmaine.com/news/stories/020328survivor.shtml

It indicates that Zoe is currently in Australia for a "couple of weeks". I could be wrong, but I didn't think that a lobster-boat captain would make THAT much money - I mean, I'm sure they do well, but enough to spend a couple of weeks touring Australia?? Could it be that she anticipates coming into a lot MORE money in the near future??

While this may not indicate that Zoe is the winner, 100G would certainly cover these sorts of costs. How much do they get for 3rd place? 4th? When is lobster season in Maine?

Spoiler value? Or just fishing?

MeToo

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-02-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Another possible Zoe spoiler??"
Not only is she in Australia for "a couple weeks," indicating she must be safe for a time, but she declares on her website that she loved Australia so much she intends to make it her second home! Some might see this as proof she spends some time there, but I don't think if she got the boot she'd be free to wander, as a jury member. Between the ocean and the well-documented social sophistication *snicker* she could've made an emotional connection in an afternoon.

I agree that for her hometown, simply being on a network show is probably enough to merit the calendar and notoriety--but I still find the quotes odd, if she does not come out as THE Survivor; I picture her having the common sense to be too embarrassed, otherwise. Could be giving her too much credit, though.

So shakes--where's YOUR calendar? I'm thinking we could get at least a dozen shots of the Chessmaster--maybe a different t-shirt sponsor each month?--along with some expert advice on how to be The Ultimate Ho'. Better yet, you could do an ANTI-Reality TeeVee theme, warning potential victims of the many pitfalls, should they succeed in letting someone like MB have free rein with their likeness and edited actions. Word of advice, though--put someone ELSE in charge--someone with no history of Attention Deficit--or we'll never see a final product. . . (Oh yay--MY idea, I get a cut!)

GT

Choose your friends carefully.-Y. Arafat

And Jeff, I don't know about other Arafat quotes, but I decided to change mine to reflect each week's boot, and this one seemed appropriate. . . it was only afterward that Mr. RingoWannabe became the hot news item for the week.

beachbum 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beachbum Click to send private message to beachbum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another possible Zoe spoiler??"
Actually....Lobster boat captains (especially ones who own their own boats) make VERY good money people who aren't aware of the fishing business might be surprised but someone needs to get up at the crack of dawn and lift the traps.

I grew up in Maine and the Lobster season is in the winter, however she might not be too concerned seeing how she took off in November and December when it is real busy.

Also, interesting note....her family is VERY well-known on Mohegan island and they own one of the biggest and nicest hotels on the island which incidentaly she ran for quite some time. This is small town America and even without the show she is one popular and celebrated individual. I know many men who can't work on the water due to the back breaking work that it entails. She can kick some serious butt. Hope she lasts long.

Her air time does not reflect her personality. The word here is she is much more pervasive and interesting than the editing is letting on.

Just my two cents.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-05-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "How far can they trus Zoe?"
I was looking over Zoe's sight when I came across these bits of advice from her:

Find a strategy to achieve and be flexible to change; Learn from experience and be adaptable when changing course
http://www.monheganzoe.com/leadership.html
the third paragraph down is the one where these lines are mentioned.

Be flexible to change, be adaptable? Doesn't sound like someone who will stick with you when there is a chance to improve their standing?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •