The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-04-03, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"

Welcome to the episode six Not So Move of the Week voting thread!

There are six choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode five thread go here:
Episode Five Voting Thread
If you'd like to take a look at the episode five results go here:
Episode Five Results

Your episode six choices are...

1.On their way to the train station; Jon/Al and Monica/Sheree decide to walk for an extended amount of time before taking other types of transportation. Monica/Sheree even go in the wrong direction, then they must backtrack. The time lost here keeps Monica/Sheree far back for the rest of the leg. It practically sets the tone for their episode with more bad things to come. Jon/Al fall to 6th place and end up finishing there.

2.Kelly/Jon and David/Jeff don't push into the train in India. They must wait for another train to come a few minutes later. All of the other teams seem to figure out the right strategy to get on.

3.Millie/Chuck don't see the clothes bundles, which leads to one of the most embarassing moments of the season. They grab some clothes from other people there and start washing them in the dirty water. They waste a couple crucial minutes and probably feel quite embarassed.

4.Kelly/Jon take a bus to Sassoon Docks. They thought taking the bus would help them over the train, but they forgot about taxis. Reichen/Chip and David/Jeff take taxis and beat them to the Roadblock by a few minutes. Kelly/Jon still go on to finish in 3rd place.

5.Chuck, Jon(With Al), and Tian don't examine the fish they grab at the Roadblock carefully. All three of them get stuck with wrong fish and must go back and grab more. They probably lose about five-ten minutes of time.

6.After already falling far behind, Monica/Sheree mess the Detour up. They hurry through the clothes bundle and don't find the clue. They have to go through the whole bundle again and lose even more time in the race.

This vote will close Wednesday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #1 cyclehausen 07-04-03 1
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... realitybites 07-04-03 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... bubsy 07-04-03 3
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 07-04-03 4
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... TeamJoisey 07-04-03 5
 #5 memacmur 07-04-03 6
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... DEVILRAYS 07-04-03 7
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... magic_star 07-04-03 8
       RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... DEVILRAYS 07-04-03 9
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... minitroll 07-05-03 10
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Edgeless Grass 07-05-03 11
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Survivorerist 07-05-03 12
 #1 moonbaby 07-05-03 13
 #1 tvgeek401 07-05-03 14
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 07-06-03 15
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... I_AM_HE 07-06-03 16
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... buckeyegirl 07-06-03 17
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... L82LIFE 07-07-03 18
 #1 ShowMeTheWinner 07-07-03 19
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 07-07-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-04-03, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#1"
Although I would love to vote for 3, it has to be this one. When the clue doesn't say "You must walk," DON'T WALK!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-04-03, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
My vote is for #1.

bubsy 246 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-04-03, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubsy Click to send private message to bubsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
my vote is for number 3 that was priceless

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-04-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
#1 - Their aimlessness killed them. I'm not too sure that M/S would have been in contention even if they had finished the detour in record time.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-04-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
#1. Wandering around aimlessly without seeking help has killed more teams in this game than any other factor. Including bad taxi drivers. I expected better from the clowns.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-04-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#5"
Just to be different, I have to go with number 5. Haven't these teams figured out that READING the clues is actually important.

If it wasn't for the "pra-fessional" wives being so far behind, any of these teams could have lost out here (No mistake and Jon/Al are a place or two higher).

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
Of those, I pick #1, though I personally believe that the biggest error was Jon/Al's Detour choice. The Duds choice was a maze and required great attention to detail, not to mention patience, and clearly the clowns had trouble.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-04-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
I put that on the Move of the Week thread, because they caught up to Tian/Jaree and Millie/Chuck despite being far behind when they got to the train station. It looks like it helped them rather than hurt them to me.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-03, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
I caught it in Move of the Week, but they dropped from 2nd to 6th in one leg and mentioned that they had difficulty with finding the place they needed to find. Once they were there, it didn't look like they had much difficulty, though...

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-05-03, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
I'm going with number 1. Monica and Sheree were in last place for good after this, and they ended up being eliminated.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-05-03, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
My thought process as below:

#1. I am not sure if they actually 'choose' to walk or they have actually lost and not sure where to go..but I am quite dissapointed with the clowns...thought they should have done better here...

#2. Again, it might be they are rather bad of luck, as some of the trains seem to be quite empty, while when their turns came, the train was really full...don't forget, it's not just the racers need to push themselve in, their camera man and crew have to get in too...anyway, the next train came pretty fast.

#3. I would think this is rather stupid! They don't really think the producer just print the clue on 'any' cloths, 'any' where right? They could have ended up washing till end of the days yet still don't get the clue man! Don't they already know how to play this game?? Look for the red and yellow print/mark/sign!!

#4. This is really another stupid one! It's really funny to hear Kelly said she is glad to take bus since she don't have to take the train! If I recall correctly, this is the 2nd time they choose to take bus rather than taxi...I think they do that in episode 2...where they ended up with Tian/Jaree on a later train.

#5. I recall seeing Jon asking the local if the small one is the same as the one he is suppose to carry. Look like he was hoping to carry the 'same' but smaller size fish to lighten his load. But..too bad, it's the wrong fish!

#6. Well...blame it on their living style! Hey! They always have somebody do the laundry for them, so how do they know how to wash cloths...and if they can't clean them, they can't see the words printed on the cloths.

Conclusion....my vote is #3. 2nd rated not so move is #4.

----------- Bye!! -----------

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-05-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
#1 was huge, but I am going to go with #5 this week. If you make a mistake early in the leg, it's still possible to catch up. But the teams should know by now that a mistake at the roadblock can be really costly, since it might lead to climination.

So #5 it is, with #1 and #2 coming in as close seconds.

(Another IceCat original )

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-05-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "#1"

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-05-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "#1"
In my opinion, this was the "not so move" because the other moves only lost them a couple minutes, while these two teams, who wandered, ended up in the last two spots at the end of the episode.
smiles
the tvgeek

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-06-03, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
Either this show's gotten really boring or they've done a bang-up job of weeding out the dunderheads this time around, as this is the least egregious bunch of missteps yet. #1 is the only one that mattered and the rest are so small they're not even worth ranking.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-03, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
I say #6, followed closely by #5 and #1

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-03, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
I'm choosing #6,it's just too hot to write an explanation as to why I'm choosing it. See everybody's answers above.

A Kyngsladye Original
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-03, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"
#1 was the downfall of Monica/Sheree. Had they taken action sooner, they may have still been in the race.

#3 was the one of the funniest things I've seen on this season. LMAO!

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-07-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "#1"
#1 coz it costs the teams the most amount of time

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-07-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Six"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •