The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Teacher Gift ideas?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-10-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Teacher Gift ideas?"
Believe it or not there's just 2 weeks of school left and I'm trying to come with a nice, reasonably priced teacher gift for my kiddos teachers.

Last year I gave them a small Panera Bread gift card attached to a plastic flower with a note saying - "thanks for helping our child blossom". This year I can't think of a thing.

Teachers: do you really want another candle, bottle of lotion, something shaped like an apple?

Any ideas are appreciated!

A Syren original!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? Lisapooh 05-10-06 1
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? kircon 05-10-06 2
   RE: Teacher Gift ideas? weltek 05-10-06 5
   RE: Teacher Gift ideas? CutsyTootsy 05-11-06 20
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? geg6 05-10-06 3
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? weltek 05-10-06 4
   RE: Teacher Gift ideas? CutsyTootsy 05-11-06 19
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? PagongRatEater 05-10-06 6
   RE: Teacher Gift ideas? qwertypie 05-11-06 15
       RE: Teacher Gift ideas? PagongRatEater 05-11-06 17
 Money, Estee 05-10-06 7
   RE: Money, weltek 05-10-06 8
 A different question, but in the sa... Rhyn 05-10-06 9
   RE: A different question, but in th... EMTBGRL 05-10-06 12
       RE: A different question, but in th... CutsyTootsy 05-11-06 18
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? Molaholic 05-10-06 10
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? Dizwiz 05-10-06 11
   RE: Teacher Gift ideas? EMTBGRL 05-10-06 13
       RE: Teacher Gift ideas? Dizwiz 05-10-06 14
           RE: Teacher Gift ideas? CutsyTootsy 05-11-06 21
 RE: Teacher Gift ideas? motormouth 05-11-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
My kid made a card . I might get her a gift card - she's a great teacher but it is gift central this month at my house so I'm low on funds.

I hope y'all come up with some great ieas I can bogart.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
How about a gift card to a bookstore. Many to choose from. We have one here called "Half Price Books". You can get an arm-load for the price of a best-seller. I have kept every homemade card I have gotten from students. They bring back great memories.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
Hi WI buddy! I also shop at Half-price Books a lot. I recently stocked up on some classic reads for the summer.

05-11-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
I hadn't thought about a bookstore gift card. That would go with the Relax, enjoy the summer theme.

A genuine Arkie

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
Personally, I'm thrilled when a student gets me any type of gift (but as a college administrator, that is the exception).

But they know I love food and candles. So giftcards to a restaurant or scented candles are known to be welcomed.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

05-10-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
Food! Go to a fancy grocery store & look for some gourmet or organic food items. A fancy box of brownie mix: "You earned brownie points with us this school year!" Apple cake/muffin mix: "Thanks a bushel!" Fancy soup mix: "Thanks, you're souper!" A video rental gift card & gourmet popcorn or chips & salsa: "Enjoy your summer!"

Or how about a real plant for their yard...if they have a yard.

Or sometimes you can find fun drink mixes at stores (TJ Maxx & Target both recently had some fun packaged gourmet drink mixes-optional adult beverage addition).

05-11-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
I like the gourmet food item! We have a little specialty store that has some mixes like that. I'll check it out.

A Syren original!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
DW is big on gift cards since it allows them to eat out, or just get something that would be a better gift for them. The best one she's ever done IMO was a bucket size microwave popcorn filled with a couple of tradional movie snacks and a Blockbuster or Cinemark gift card.

You can get than done for about $15-20 depending on what you put in.

But, the four of us had a great time.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
The best one she's ever done IMO was a bucket size microwave popcorn filled with a couple of tradional movie snacks and a Blockbuster or Cinemark gift card.
(spooky music}
UMMMM? That is what I do for my kids' teachers.

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
Honey? Is that you?

But, the four of us had a great time.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Money,"
I may not be a teacher, but I know what I want.

05-10-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Money,"
Is this a crossthread about the Donald's letter?

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "A different question, but in the same vein"
this is the oldest kid's first year... I knew about the gift, but was completely lost on when I should have the little one give it. Tomorrow is the awards ceremony, but the last day is still a couple weeks away. Do we do it during this party? Or on the last day?

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A different question, but in the same vein"
>this is the oldest kid's first
>year... I knew about the
>gift, but was completely lost
>on when I should have
>the little one give it.
>Tomorrow is the awards ceremony,
>but the last day is
>still a couple weeks away.
>Do we do it during
>this party? Or on the
>last day?

My opinion would be on the second to last day, especially if it is a large school. The reason? Teachers start cleaning up/ cleaning out their classroom on the last day. One less thing to carry and remember to take home on the last day. Besides, if you forget on the second to last day, you still HAVE the last day! ;)

or, the last day.

05-11-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: A different question, but in the same vein"
I agree- I usually send it with them a few days early so that they are not carrying too much stuff the last day of school.

A genuine Arkie

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
While it is now on my personal "no fly list" -- Chocolate
The gift card idea is another good one.
I've also really enjoyed personal cards, notes of thanks, etc.
And yes, Chocolate.
And booze.
Well, it depends on how the year went.
Chocolate, booze and gift card.
And chocolate.
(sigh)

"Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Either possibility is simply astonishing." Carl Sagan.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
I'm a teacher, and I love getting lotions and candles. I also really like gift certificates. Restaurants are always nice, but bookstores are great, too. Most teachers I know are just happy to be appreciated at all!

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
Maybe I'm in the minority here..but, I see nothing wrong with simply saying, "I really appreciated all that you did for this year. We had a great year. We will miss you next year when is in "

Or, if you didn't have such a great year. Saying, "I know that there were some bumpy times this year, but I really do respect teachers, and you. Thanks for all your efforts."

If you still feel a gift is necessary, hand-made cards from the kids are meaningful.

If they don't have much of a budget for "supplies" (some schools have teachers purchase paper/ pencils) etc. getting some supplies for "next year's class" to pass along. You can get a box of pencils with someone's name printed on them (teacher's name) pretty cheaply. Chances are, they'll be returned!

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
Agree on all points.

At the moment, I teach in an upper-middle class community, where it's not uncommon to receive some pretty expensive and impressive teacher gifts.
I used to teach in a school where most of the kids had no families at all or families who certainly couldn't afford a big gift. Thank yous are always appreciated, as are single flowers, home made cookies, or hand made cards.
Really, it's the thought that counts.
That being said, DON'T give teachers mugs. We have plenty of them. Some of us don't even drink coffee!

05-11-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
That being said, DON'T give teachers mugs. We have plenty of them. Some of us don't even drink coffee!

That reminds me of a few years ago when after giving our preschool teacher some Bath & Body lotion for the 5th time in a row I discovered that she was allergic! Of course, she never said anything- I hope she had someone to give it to!

A genuine Arkie

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-11-06, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Teacher Gift ideas?"
I would often buy a small, pretty vase and hand pick some roses from the backyard for them. I have no idea if they really liked them, but it was an inexpensive gift and also kinda personal.

Beautiful sig by Arkie

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •