The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Promo on CBS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-30-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Promo on CBS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-02 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

I don't know how to capture vidcaps or even copy them from another site so hopefully someone will post these here. Bungler--hint, hint...

edited to add that I didn't realize that some of this is already being discussed on the See-BS misdirection thread and Shakes has brought up some of these points, but I think it deserves it's own thread so it doesn't get buried.

The transcript is as follows:

Can a tribe have 2 leaders? (split pic of Rob & John)
John: Everyone knows I'm running the show
Rob: First chance I get, I'm gonna get ya (pic of Rob from last week's tribal council)
Announcer: The battle between them heats up
(Then the scene of Rob--Do I have stupid written on me?)

Announcer: Plus it's a competition filled with split second timing. Announcer: ...and controversy
(Scenes showing Rob & Zoe running through woods, John & Robert paddling canoe, Neeheh yelling come on and Gina & Kathy racing with oars and then paddling.

Looks like a relay race. Clothes are same as when they arrive at challenge which was pictured in first promo. I don't understand if there is any rhyme or reason to this year's sitout rule as if the shots of them supposidly reacting to Gabe gone is RC, then this must be the RC challenge and Tammy should be participating since she sat out the IC.

John: It would be better if we lost this challenge (pic of John and then pic of Zoe) So here one teaser solved.

Speculation that perhaps Rotu wins challenge but gets disqualified?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Promo on CBS Bungler 03-31-02 1
   RE: New Promo on CBS cowboyroo 04-01-02 2
       RE: RC v IC kdzgon 04-01-02 5
   RE: New Promo on CBS I_AM_HE 04-03-02 7
 Disqualification? Krautboy 04-01-02 3
   RE: Disqualification? sweetpea 04-01-02 4
       RE: Disqualification? red 04-03-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Promo on CBS"
{Announcer} CBS Thursday, Can a tribe have two leaders?

{John} Everyone knows that I'm running the show.

{Rob} Every chance I get, I'm gonna getcha.

{Announcer} The battle between them heats up.

{Rob} Do I have 'stupid' written on my forehead?

{Announcer} Plus, it's a competition filled with split second timing...

{Neleh} Come on!!!

{Announcer} ...and controversy.

{John, voiceover} It would be better...

{John} ...if we actually lost this challenge.

{Paschal} An old guy like me with 3 women. It doesn't get any better than this.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Promo on CBS"
Clip 16: Looks like Zoe has a BOTTLE of water. Could this be the picnic challenge, and the water is a sample like with the Dew in S2?

Clip 26: Looks like Rob is falling through that totem pole thing. Gina is ahead with oar, with Kathy behing and Rob falling through or trying to squeeze through as Neleh and Paschal watch on the sidelines??

Also, in the clip of Gina/Kathy rowing, Gina appears to have a smile, and in the one of Rob/John, it looks like they are trying to catch up. Maybe Maraamu somehow catches up.

I think the "Controversey" relates to the IC. Sean/Vee/Tammy will definitely have to play. If Rob senses an on purpose loss, he will insist he get to play; maybe the controversy is over who gets to sit out? We've never seen a disagreement as to who sits out on a challenge before...

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RC v IC"
>Clip 16: Looks like Zoe has
>a BOTTLE of water.

Cowboyroo,

I thought the same thing!! I noticed that right away - makes me wonser if this is the IC, and Rotu has already won the RC, and that is how she has a water bottle. (RC is always before the IC, right?)

And WHAT is with that fire burning behind Rob?? Does no one think it a bit strange to have a fire in the woods, if there is no purpose for it?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Promo on CBS"
what does Zoe have around her neck in 32?

34 and 35 look almost like Zoe and Rob are tagging or handing off, as if they were separate legs of a relay. Rob looks almost like he has a torch on his back, which could explain the fire, but he's running away from it...

overall, John, Rob, Paschal, and Zoe seem to be featured most prominently, with the rest of Maraamu thrown in as well

I'm wondering if the CONTROVERSY cap is supposed to tie with what goes before, or after (or neither) in the caps - the rowing, or Zoe's shocked look? Perhaps a DQ, but they're not told until later, while everyone is relazing at camp? Or is she reacting to John's wanting to throw a challenge?

Finally, I wonder if the #1 being placed over the shot of Gina and Kathy rowing is significant. I certainly can't see either of them winning the game, and don't think it is that far-sighted at any rate, but maybe this indicates a challenge win?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-02, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Disqualification?"
>
>Speculation that perhaps Rotu wins challenge
>but gets disqualified?

Sweatpea, I'm curious about your idea of a Rotu disqualification. What makes you think that Rotu may be disqualified? Could it be that a disqualification is the "controversy" that's highlighted in the previews?

Pappy's comments about "an old guy with three women, doesn't get any better than that", is something he might say after sharing the reward with the rest of Maraamu after Rotu is disqualified?

The only way I could see the Rotu losing the RC is if they were disqualified, so your idea makes sense.

Tell us more...

Krautboy

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-02, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Disqualification?"
>
>Sweatpea, I'm curious about your idea
>of a Rotu disqualification. What
>makes you think that Rotu
>may be disqualified? Could it
>be that a disqualification is
>the "controversy" that's highlighted in
>the previews?
>

Just guessing, nothing real concrete, however in vidcap 24, Rob is running far ahead of Zoe who you can see quite a distance behind him. In vidcap 25, she is carrying nothing. So he must be carrying both oars in 24. Perhaps,each survivor is to carry an oar each and they are disqualified because Rob carried both oars?

Also, in vid cap 26, you can see Zoe bending over from exhaustion as she is touching the totem pole. Gina and Kathy are already racing to the boats with their oars. I'm guessing that maybe John & Robert already took off with the oars that Rob gave them before Zoe touched the totem pole.

Nothing concrete here. Just guesses.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Disqualification?"
Perhaps the "split second timing" is that Robert took off a split second before Zoe actually touched her totem pole - which leads to CONTROVERSY.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •