The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Good Riddance Gabe"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Maraarotu 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Good Riddance Gabe"
Why in the world would Gabe not side with his team. This whole business about "building a community" - complete bunk ( have you seen his audition tape? ) Kuddos to John for masterminding the oust.

This way Rotu still have control - the only problem is how the Rotu-now-Maraamu members feel. But I see John; Tammy; Zoe; and Robert having hmmmmmm "issues" with each other. All 4 have the capability to eat their young!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Good Riddance Gabe Spidey 03-28-02 1
   RE: Good Riddance Gabe Maraarotu 03-28-02 2
       since this is at the top already... I_AM_HE 03-28-02 3
       RE: Good Riddance Gabe Spidey 03-28-02 4
 Good manners TechNoir 03-28-02 5
 I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY Maraarotu 03-28-02 6
   RE: I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY I_AM_HE 03-28-02 7
   RE: I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY dabo 03-29-02 8
 RE: Good Riddance Gabe sorgee 03-29-02 9
   RE: Good Riddance Gabe PepeLePew13 03-29-02 10
       RE: Good Riddance Gabe I_AM_HE 03-29-02 11
           RE: Good Riddance Gabe PepeLePew13 03-29-02 12
               RE: Good Riddance Gabe pakooga 03-29-02 13
 Thanks for not giving me the boot Maraarotu 03-29-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
Have you heard of the East Coast board! It's one thing to post a thread before midnight that those who haven't yet seen the show can avoid, but putting the bootee in the subject line?

Not bright, not nice.

03-28-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
I live in the CST zone so I'm not part of the East or West - but one thing is for sure, I never check the "SPOILER" board an hour before the show that just would not be "bright".

SPOILER = the most up to date info about the program that you can get; why else look?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "since this is at the top already..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 10:56 PM (EST)

yes, but the rules of the forum are not to post spoilers for the episode until its aired on the west coast. its just common courtesy. that said, i don't have a problem with bergdogg's post so much, because there is ample spoiler warning

i don't know if you can edit your subject line, but please try
EDIT: i don't think you can. prepare for much less friendly replies than Spidey and I gave you

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
Because there is a system in place that assures those who live on the West Coast and have their first opportunity of the day (after work) to check the boards that their viewing won't get ruined by someone being inconsiderate.

I am on the East, so it doesn't affect me personally, and I hope you are right that no one logged on, but why risk ruining it for someone else if you can help it?

Was your post so important it couldn't go into the other thread or wait a few hours (if you just had to have your own post)?

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Good manners"
And you could be polite enough to do as the kind folks who provide us with this board ask:

"*** EP5 Official EAST COAST SPOILER Thread ***"
Please use this thread for EP5 comments before 12:00 EST...

It's not nice to track mud all over the carpet when you are a guest in someones home.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

03-28-02, 11:13 PM (EST)
6. "I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY"
I WAS COMPLETELY UNAWARE THAT THE SHOW WAS DELAYED EVEN FURTHER THAN CST - MY APOLOGIES!!!

I TRIED TO EDIT THE TITLE OR ERASE - IT WOULDN'T WORK!!

03-28-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

well, i forgives ya, for what its worth
and yeah, i guess it is a bit odd that its delayed for left coasters. lots of national tv shows do do it, but if you're unaware, then, yeah. i understand it was an honest mistake

not gonna spoil anyone anymore, everyone's seen it by now

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-02, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY"
The Eastern Zone and the Central Zone get the same network feed, the show airs simultaneously in both time zones, 8pm in the east and 7pm in the central. The mountain Time Zone sees the show starting one hour later, 7pm mountain, and the Pacific time zone sees the show three hours later, 8pm pacific. And you thought Dubya had fuzzy math, why it can't be 7pm everywhere in the four time zones so everyone can understand is anyone's guess! Hey, at least we're not waiting for the folks in Hawaii to see the thing. Just a little perspective and info here, FYI, coz this is one of those things you can laugh about later on, just an honest mistake with no harm intended.

SMILES ARE FREE

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-29-02, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
warning - this post is part spoiler and part basher...

gabe may have wanted to build a community, and good for him if that really was his intention. however, that is not the purpose of the show. his reality check has been cashed.

i'm glad he got booted. granted, it would have made for interesting tv to see how he would handle that dog eat dog carnage that is beginning to happen, but watching him get devoured later on propbably wouldn't have been satisfying for too long. i just don't think that he had it in him to do what he had to do to win. maybe if they do a survivor on sesame street he will fair much better...

i really think that john has opened a pandora's box here. by his scheming i think that he has replaced sean as the resident jackass. the more i think about it, the more i talk myself into believing that our new resident jackass(bet sean is enjoying the break) will be going sooner rather than later. he appears to be a worthy competitor intellectually and physically. he will be a threat once individual challeges start. rob and sean aren't going to be willing to keep him around(vecepia will probably vote with them). tammy will probably see him for the conniving guy that he is. zoe may view him as a bit overbearing and untrustworthy. by sending gabe out for the slaughter, john may have actually managed to get himself sent to the chopping block as well.

as a disclaimer, i shall go ahead and state that my theories are usually VERY wrong(i'm still fairly new to this), but i just can't (and don't want to) believe that John gets too much further...

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"

>i really think that john has opened a pandora's box here.
> by his scheming i think that he has replaced
>sean as the resident jackass. the more i think
>about it, the more i talk myself into believing that
>our new resident jackass(bet sean is enjoying the break)
>will be going sooner rather than later. he appears to
>be a worthy competitor intellectually and physically. he
>will be a threat once individual challeges start. rob and
>sean aren't going to be willing to keep him around(vecepia
>will probably vote with them). tammy will probably see
>him for the conniving guy that he is. zoe may view him
>as a bit overbearing and untrustworthy. by sending gabe
>out for the slaughter, john may have actually managed to
>get himself sent to the chopping block as well.

You're making some good points -- but I don't see it as valid because we had an unanimous vote against Gabe, masterminded by John. We have seen in the past (hello, Silas and Brandon) where people who tried to openly get people to vote against someone but they went down into flames. But this time everyone went with John, we had Tammy Zoe and Robert all pledging support to John.

IMO, John is not going any time soon... but as we've seen repeatedly in S2 and S3, the obvious early alliances doesn't result in winning the game, so John isn't going to win either.

03-29-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-02 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

Pepe:
Lex, Tom, and Ethan WERE shown early on, and they did win
I think this foursome very well could go all the way. But I could also see them going down. If John really intends to kill his old tribesmates, I think his plan will backfire, because once one of the New Moos go, the idiot retards could jump sides and attack the Rotu 4. And then they could jump back again. Much like I wanted to see Amber do in S2. But this could be more effective because there is a swing GROUP, not a single vote. I'm really hoping not, because I don't want to see them take control of the game, but it could happen. (Another possibility is that Rob and co. help John knock off say Kathy, then switch and help Neleh and Paschal knock off John...then the remaining original Rotu may put aside their differences, realizing that if they don't knock these three off, they'll all be outnumbered before long)

i do like to speculate though, don't i?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
I think it's more like that Lex was a predominant pusher of this alliance and Ethan just kind of rode along with it, letting Lex get all the flames and pave the road to the final four. Lex and Tom didn't make the final two -- the rumoured alliance between Ethan and mamaKim was the one that made it to the final two.

For what it's worth, I think John has locked up fourth place for himself (barring IC win) in this alliance of four with sticking his head out so much, pretty much like Lex did.

pakooga 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pakooga Click to send private message to pakooga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Good Riddance Gabe"
Totally agree with you Pepelepew!

03-29-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
14. "Thanks for not giving me the boot"
Thanks for understanding that I made a critical mistake in letting "Gabe outta the bag". Won't happen again.

But I am glad to see him gone - I'm sorry but I think his whole motive was to set himself up as a "nice guy" to enhance his acting career. PR all the way!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •