The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Wow, was that weather something! You guys ok? We just had a big storm with lots of lightning, then about 15 minutes worth of hail, and we're talking quarter size + hail! Then the tornado sirens went off, but that was a false alarm. The weather guy said there was baseball sized hail west of us.

Whew, all seems clear now. We're just back to lightning.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! universityofkentuckyrocks 04-14-06 1
   RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! cahaya 04-14-06 2
 RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! frisky 04-14-06 3
   RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! dragonflies 04-14-06 4
 RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! dabo 04-14-06 5
 *Yawn* NolayC 04-14-06 6
 RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! weltek 04-14-06 7
   RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! Penelope Le Pew 04-14-06 8
 RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek! cahaya 04-14-06 9
 And a path it was! kircon 04-15-06 10
   RE: And a path it was! Snidget 04-15-06 11
       RE: And a path it was! kircon 04-15-06 12
           RE: And a path it was! Snidget 04-15-06 13
               RE: And a path it was! kircon 04-15-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-14-06, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
WOW! Kentucky going to see its third round of severe weather tomorrow in two weeks. And man it was hot, 87 degrees. Tomorrows high 85 and then on Tuesday 93 degrees.

ukrocks got a blog!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Same for up here in Indy... there's a line of heavies rollin' in, due to arrive in about an hour or two.

It's hard to believe that we got 8" of snow here just 3 weeks ago!

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
OMG, no wonder I've spent the last hour or so running up and down the stairs and to the window and back again!! Thank goodness you're okay, Bugmeat!

Rolly made this.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Smooch!

Missed you in the bar!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Hope y'all are okay! Check in when you can!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12309797/

One person was killed after a tornado destroyed a mobile home, according to the National Weather Service.

NolayC 1251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-14-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NolayC Click to send private message to NolayC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "*Yawn*"
What's this?? oh right the storm last night. We are good. I'm not even sure if it rained by us. I think it slipped just south of us. I pulled the comforter off the bed and the boat cover and with weltek's help managed to put them on the pop up camper out in our driveway that my dad has for sale. With a couple of ratcheting tie downs and bungee cords, and 80 lbs of weight off the JD I dont' think they were going anywhere. Baseball to tennis sized hail was reported just 10-15 miles south of us.

*theory was if we got hail the comforter would absorb some of the shock...*

OT lurker kircon would have been more in the path...S SE of Madison.

"Take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life."--YES

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Glad you are ok, too!
Yeah, just 10 miles south of us was golf ball sized hail, but we didn't even get much rain. About 30 miles southwest of us had baseball sized hail. Yuck!

The lightning show was pretty cool, though!

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-14-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
I am glad everybody is ok.

The lightning show was pretty cool, though!

Oh, me too! I love lightening show too. Not much here lately and maybe I slept throughout the night as I did not hear it? I am waiting and the candles are ready nearby too.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Calling Nolay & Weltek!"
Wow, we just got hit by a major thunderstorm with hail earlier this evening about 7 pm EST in Inday. Some of the hailstones were 2-1/2 inches in diameter (yes, we actually measured them). The cars outside were dented up very badly, with several dozen deep dents on the hood, roof, and trunk. All of the skylights and vents on my folks' house were smashed up and rain and hail got through where the skylights were.

*sigh* It's going to be a busy morning tomorrow with the insurance.

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "And a path it was!"
It's nice to be thought of. I am fine. I was in the bottom edge of the path of the hail storm. The news said this was the same storm that hit Iowa City with 3 tornados. My son was driving in the heaviest part (baseball size) with a borrowed BMW. Ouch. A friend was following behind with his SUV. Double ouch, both will probably be totaled.

Weltek was right about the lightning show. Amazing!!!!! There was no sound, just fireworks. There were two rounds of hail. First round I collected was about 1/2". The sound the second round made as it swept through was very close to the sound of a tornado. I know because my home was hit 14 years ago. About 15 minutes after the hail & rain stopped and I gathered my courage, I collected 2" size hail. Some were cracked in half revealing 5 different layers. Also amazing!!! This is the biggest I've ever seen. The largest stone recorded was 4.52".

News tonight said over 4000 insurance claims have been filed in Madison. Good Luck cahaya with you and your familie's claims. Several car dealerships were hit hard. If you need a car and don't mind dings check out Madison.

One more thing, this cracked me up: The city of Madison ask every one to pick up the limbs and debris on their streets and put them on the curb. Can you believe a city asking it's citizens to help?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-06, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: And a path it was!"
Well around here it is pretty normal for most of the light stuff in the street to get cleared away by the people in the neighborhood, I'm not sure if they've asked for help and given us instructions as to where to put the material. Usually they just broadcast chainsaw safety warnings over and over.

There are usually a few things you have to leave to the professionals, but it gets back to normal much faster if you don't wait for days or weeks for the professionals to finally get to your street to unblock it, and most of the broken up trees are light enough a couple of people working together can cut it up or drag it out of the road safely.

Last storm through town which was straight line winds equivalent to an F1 tornado the main street near my house was all resident cleared except for the giant oak tree at the end and I think it was over a week before they could get to it. It was one you really needed the super heavy duty professional equipment to even attempt to cut as it was that big around. Now it was low priority because if you jogged over a street you hit the highway at a light and anyone that was totally blocked in got the higher priority.

04-15-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: And a path it was!"
I do hope you know I was joking. I live south of the city in a subburb. We have to take care of all our brush removal, even the disposal. I feel everyone should pitch in to help, that's the American way, or it should be. It just cracked me up that "the best city to live in America", or so they say, had to tell it's citizens to do a little extra work. The city is nestled inbetween lakes. There is a lot of storm water run-off. The lakes have a lot of problems. I do hope that citizens pitch in and help.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: And a path it was!"
LOL. I just thought it was funny they'd ask people to do that. Most places I've lived they never have to ask. Usually it is more of a problem of making announcements in order to get people to leave stuff that needs professional clean up alone.. Some things you just need more than a piece of rope and a chainsaw to deal with. A friend of mine had too many criss-crossed trees on her house and they had to bring in a lot of cranes and things to be able to get it all taken down safely. House was OK because of the way they fell each tree protected the house from the next tree, but getting it off without flinging assorted workman off the roof was a challenge.

We have had PSAs about which locations are taking downed limbs and stuff for mulching as sometimes they bring in extra equipment for that and even people that have pick up will drop the stuff off so they don't have to live with the piles. Which is followed by endless PSAs of where to pick up the mulch.

04-15-06, 03:05 PM (EST)
14. "RE: And a path it was!"
WoW

Can I come live with you?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •