The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If team Romber wins...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rawb 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rawb Click to send private message to Rawb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If team Romber wins...."
How do you think the other contestants at the finish line are gonna react? Cheer or boo? Pretty much every team has a little hatred towards them during the race and especially since they already won from a previous reality show. Should be intresting to see!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If team Romber wins.... bostonrobfan 05-04-05 1
 RE: If team Romber wins.... Karchita 05-04-05 2
 RE: If team Romber wins.... Tahj 05-04-05 3
 RE: If team Romber wins.... ARnutz 05-04-05 4
   RE: If team Romber wins.... Rawb 05-04-05 6
 RE: If team Romber wins.... cahaya 05-04-05 5
 RE: If team Romber wins.... sittem 05-04-05 7
 RE: If team Romber wins.... mikey 05-04-05 8
 RE: If team Romber wins.... KObrien_fan 05-04-05 9
   RE: If team Romber wins.... Rocknronny 05-05-05 25
 RE: If team Romber wins.... beachbum72 05-04-05 10
   RE: If team Romber wins.... seahorse 05-06-05 27
 RE: If team Romber wins.... JohnMc 05-04-05 11
 RE: If team Romber wins.... MTW1961 05-04-05 12
 RE: If team Romber wins.... beau_30 05-04-05 13
 RE: If team Romber wins.... califan 05-04-05 14
       RE: If team Romber wins.... Cygnus X1 05-05-05 16
           RE: If team Romber wins.... Spidey 05-05-05 23
       RE: If team Romber wins.... cahaya 05-05-05 19
   Post 15 was deleted IceCat 05-05-05 22
 RE: If team Romber wins.... Drive My Car 05-05-05 17
 RE: If team Romber wins.... saphfyred 05-05-05 20
   RE: If team Romber wins.... Deekeryu 05-05-05 21
       RE: If team Romber wins.... Robotext 05-05-05 24
           RE: If team Romber wins.... Ontheroadagain 05-05-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
I just hope the other teams have to go through metal detectors before they can go to the finish line to greet Romber.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
They would be incredibly bad sports if they didn't cheer. It may not be very enthusiastic cheering, however.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
Agree. It would be very interesting.

Moves courtesy of Syren

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
Every season, no matter the team that wins, they are cheered for. Heck, Freddy & Kendra got lots of applause and so did Flo & Zach. Why would this season be any different?

Welcome to the boards!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Rawb 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rawb Click to send private message to Rawb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
thx for the welcome.

Many of the teams never seen the bad side of Freddy And Kendra cause most of the insulting stuff they said were in cabs or when they were isolated by themselves.

I think itd be different cause some teams have genuine hate for them. From the begining numerous of teams have expressed they shouldnt even be here cause of their past survivor expeirences.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
It'll be like a political rally... we'll see the other racers with toothy smiles and perfunctory clapping, realizing with chagrin that it's too late to do any devious plotting of their own.

Gotta keep up appearances to get nominated for the secretly planned TAR All-Stars.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
#1 - I'm doubting very much that RA will win, so it's a moot point.
#2 - I've never noticed teams not cheering at the finish line - sometimes to the point that I was surprised that a team did cheer due to some expressed bad blood during the race.
#3 - Part of that may be due to contractural agreements - I'd bet those are VERY detailed and for the end of the race CBS will want to have a happy party (like a political convention) so their own prize money, though not much, may in part be conditional if they don't cheer.
#4 - No matter the disline level it'd be small minded to not cheer at that point, especially from those who went through the race since they know how hard it is (though LA may be small minded enough for this one to not cheer!).
#5 - Welcome to the Board! We always love to see new people sharing here and this is a good question.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
Interesting question. When Chip and Kim won, it was reported (by Alison at some event) that CBS actually used a stand-in for her to appear at the finish line and cheer.

CBS might have to replace about 75% of the contestants with stand-ins if Rob and Amber win.

(or maybe all the eliminated team members will pool their money and hire a "local" in the final city to "accidentally" meet Rob and Amber at the final city airport and offer hos or her "help" to get to the finish line, all the while leadiing them on a wild goose chase to nowheresville.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
If Rob and Amber do win then everyone should stand and cheer double loud. Romber has had a target on them since day 1 (quite similar to when they were on All Stars) and yet though people complain, nobody has beat them or gotten rid of them. To slip through the cracks and win with such a huge target on their back should get a standing ovation.

Rocknronny 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-05-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rocknronny Click to send private message to Rocknronny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
>If Rob and Amber do win
>then everyone should stand and
>cheer double loud. Romber
>has had a target on
>them since day 1 (quite
>similar to when they were
>on All Stars) and yet
>though people complain, nobody has
>beat them or gotten rid
>of them. To slip
>through the cracks and win
>with such a huge target
>on their back should get
>a standing ovation.
>
> here here

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your thing.

beachbum72 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beachbum72 Click to send private message to beachbum72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
>How do you think the other
>contestants at the finish line
>are gonna react? Cheer or
>boo? Pretty much every team
>has a little hatred towards
>them during the race and
>especially since they already won
>from a previous reality show.
>Should be intresting to see!
>

I will literally throw up if Rob & Amber win. I am tivoing it, calling a friend on the East Coast and if they win I'm not watching.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
It will probably be your lose though.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
I agree w/KOfan that if Romber wins, they deserve to win because they had a huge target on their backs. They also pretty much led most of the way, so they were definitely the team to beat.

If TAR ever does an All-Stars, they will definitely be on it. (What sweet revenge would it be for the Survivor All-Stars winners to go out first in TAR All-Stars!)

What I think would also be sweet would be if Romber does win, that none of the teams do anything until the second place team comes in. If they cheer for the 2nd team but not the 1st, that would definitely be an outstanding reality tv moment! And it would be each team getting back at Romber for their own nonsense through the whole race. I'd love to see it, even though I know it only exists in my fantasies.

Kind of like KOfan, but in a different way. ;)

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
I've always gotten caught up with the emotion of the finale and the winning team crossing the finish line, even when it was a team I didn't particularly like.

However, I can't see feeling any of that if Romber wins. I suspect there will be polite applause, but it'll be hard for the other contestants to generate much enthusiasm.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-04-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
they all will cheer, But its a race and they have to show good sports.

califan 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail califan Click to send private message to califan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
maybe they are all so bitter in the post-show appearances because they know romber won....

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
Welcome to the boards, PK.

Posting spoiler info outside the spoilers forum is a definite no-no...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

etr my message. Apparently a post was deleted before I posted, and my message didn't make any sense. (Like that's something new...)

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
Welcome to the boards, pretty_cat!

Thanks for sharing your hopes and viewpoints, there are others who are cheering for the same team you are.

Be careful about posting any spoiler info here at all... some of us don't want to know until we've seen it!

Have fun here!

Mewl!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Post 15 was deleted"
Spoiler Forum info posted in Fanatics.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
I doubt they'll be poor sports on camera.
They'll clap.

saphfyred 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 03:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail saphfyred Click to send private message to saphfyred Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
I doubt they'll do anything to be bad sports on camera either, and many have said... but its hard for me to imagine the teams having any real enthusiasm if Romber wins. These aren't actors, they are real people, so I think their applause will be as good as they can pretend it to be. Maybe a team or two might applaud for real, but not most of them would that we've heard so far.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-05, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
When it all comes down to it, it is just a game. Not clapping is just bad sportsmanship. Even in sports, you see the others as enemies, but when it comes to winning the Championship, you'd still see the other team congratulating the other.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-05-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
With TAR's (in)famous editing, we're get some form of cheering and clapping from the other racers.

Perhaps Phil will announce that the car/plane/boat carrying Robber has crashed/exploded/been sucked into a black hole. This would definitely generate the enthusiastic cheering the producers are determined to get.

On a side note, at least Robber will not get physically attacked by the other teams. I am sure they will choose a big beefy guide to lead them to the finish line.

Ontheroadagain 936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-05-05, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: If team Romber wins...."
I, for one, will be cheering if Rob and Amber win. I like Uchenna and Joyce more and still hope they win and are able to use the money to have a baby. I do hope that Kelly never makes it to the finish line cause she has to stop at a store in New York City to fix her makeup.

But if Romber wins, all the other teams will be there to cheer them, even the Happy Boys. Remember, its just a game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •