The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
We have had love lists and ranked the survivors, but lets have a little fun speculating which survivors would have been better off to have played in a different season, which one and why?

For example, I think if Hunter Ellis had been in S2 on either tribe or S3 on Boran, he would have stood a good chance of winning.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... ivoryElephant 04-22-04 1
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... JohnMc 04-22-04 2
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... silentJ 04-23-04 3
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... Kokoro 04-23-04 4
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... samboohoo 04-23-04 5
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... managerr 04-23-04 6
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... Oscirus 04-23-04 7
   RE: Which survivor would have thriv... silentJ 04-27-04 13
       RE: Which survivor would have thriv... udg 04-27-04 14
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... zulu227 04-23-04 8
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... Jims02 04-23-04 9
   RE: Which survivor would have thriv... RyrieRae 04-24-04 10
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... dreamerbeliever 04-26-04 11
   RE: Which survivor would have thriv... KObrien_fan 04-26-04 12
 RE: Which survivor would have thriv... DEVILRAYS 04-27-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-22-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
I think Hunter may have been Kelled (pun intended) if he was on Ogakor.

Maralyn Hershey could have made final 4 on Boran in S3 just like Kim J and Maralyn was more interesting.

Janet Koth would have done better if she was on Drake in S7. Rupert would have taken care of her.

Debb would have done a little better in Thailand with Chauy Gahns cave, I mean they had a Shelter made with rocks just like she said lol.

Joel would have done better on any season but S1 because he tried making alliances but pagong was too stupid

"The game of 'Survivor' is literally what you've learned throughout your life and how to handle yourself amongst humans and your fellow man,"-Kathy O'Brien

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Rob M from Marquesas would have done better in a different season. If he could play with 3 teams of 6 instead of 2 teams of 8, I'll bet his alliance of 4 would be tighter.

But seriously...

Hunter would definitely have done better on a different season, Gina also. Put them in the Amazon, and they'd be a hot reunion either at the swap or at the merge. Plus Hunter would be a better leader than Roger (though I think that Rob C still would have screwed him - it's his fate to get screwed by a Rob).

And Gina would break up the pretty girl alliance of Jenna/Heidi/Shawna. Gina isn't a model, but she is very pretty, and any guy would take pretty with brains over pretty and selfish. Gina would probably team up with Deena and Christy, and probably form an old lady alliance w/ the old J's.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-23-04, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
I think Peter and Pastor John would have made the merge in Borneo. Sonya would have done well in Pearl Islands.

I still wish the first 6 episode 1 boots had chance for a spot on All Stars. Remember, Kathy almost got the dreaded 3 day weekend. I would have had the 3 teams compete for an unknown reward in ep. 3. After the 2 losing team left, Probst brings out their reward, a new tribe member. Those 6, minus Nicole, compete for a spot on the winning team. Imagine the look on Rawb's face if he showed up to the IC and a fresh Peter was grinning at him from the Mogo Mogo mat.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-23-04, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Any clueless wonders from the first season would've done better on any season after that.

Diane and Jessie would've done better in an environment less prone to killing them. Many of the other Africa castmembers would've also been more well off physically anywhere else.

Brandon and Kelly would've done better had they not been faced with such idiots as tribemates.

Hunter probably would've gone further on any season.

A few of the early Amazon boots would've done better if the tribes hadn't started off male vs. female.

Anyone directly screwed by a twist (Silas, Shii Ann, ~maybe~ Shawn/Andrew) {Lindsey screwed herself and the same goes for Sarah/Gina/Rob}

There are also loyalists like Gabe or Rupert and alliances like the Rotu 4 that would've worked better in earlier seasons, but that's just because they had less strategy involved so that's not really fair to say.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Not sure how she would have fared, but Sarah would have fit right in in the Amazon -- Heidi's twin.

Samboohoo

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-23-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
I think Ryan Shoulders would have done very well on any other season except Amazon. (Toast in an all-male tribe) Ryan Aiken would have done better on a co-ed tribe as well. Some players who faltered due to conditions like Diane and Jessie in Africa probably would have done better in nicer conditions. Some early boots like Peter and John Raymond would have done a little better on different seasons, but I saw enough of their personality flaws that I think they would still be early boots.

Hunter would do better on any season on a tribe with less alpha male wannabes. I say he would have done well on Thailand.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-23-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

I think Jed would have at least made the merge on any survivor that wasn't in thailand
Osten would have done better under different circumstances.
Greg and Gervase also would have fared better
John Carrol Could have won any season that didn't have Sean in it
Kel might have done better in later editions also

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"

>Osten would have done better under
>different circumstances.

You mean like "Survivor: Holiday Inn"?

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
*snort*

EXACTLY! Osten showed Osten's true colors. He gave up on challenges early on, let alone when the "going got tough" later on. He doesn't have what it takes MENTALLY to play the game anywhere.

---
UDG

zulu227 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-23-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zulu227 Click to send private message to zulu227 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Gina, anywhere else. As I remember it, Kathy jumped in to lead a couple challenges and totally screwed up, where I think Gina would have led them to victory. Savvy and strong, but exiled
to the enemy camp.

Re comment on Osten .. how could a crybaby like him survive ANYwhere? He only lasted that far because he was so strong-looking that people couldn't believe he was so hopeless and hapless.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
I agree with the comments about Gina. I think she may have fit the best in any of the other seasons, especially Africa, Australia, or the Pearl Islands.

I think Joel could've done well in Boran. Keep him away from Jenna and Gervase.

LOL. I think Michelle would've made a great addition to the Jaburu tribe from S6.

Jims02: 2004 CMY Anti-Executee Champ

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-24-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
I would like to see Rawb Mariano in S1. He is Rich re-incarnate, and it would be fun to see who would come out on top.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Since this is a Kap KO thread and I'm a fan, I have to respond I think Rupert would have done a couple of slots better in any season that didn't have Johnny Foreskin. RyanO from Pearl Islands would have fit in nicely in almost any season or tribe. Like Rupert, Kelly from Africa would have done well in any season that didn't have the Lex ubber gut on it.

*smoosh* for KO and letting her know that I miss having you tell me exactly what to do in the Echo IC challenges.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Awwwww, I miss you too boo *smoosh* back atcha, and I agree with you whole heartedly about RyanO, I would love to see him in Marquesas or Amazon, or even Australia.

If you want from time to time I can send you an IM telling you what to do

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Which survivor would have thrived in a different season?"
Gina would have done better in most other seasons and frankly would have done better on Rotu. I've always thought that Kathy was a beneficiary of the tribe setup and Gina was a victim of it. Swap those two and the game turns out differently.

Maraamu likely still loses the first three ICs and it's between Kathy, Pat, Peter, and Hunter as to who gets booted. You can make a case that any of them would have been saved, but the likeliest two not to be booted are Kathy and Peter. Either way, assuming the tribes draw up as they did, Kathy gets the boot in round 6 instead of Gina, Gina's likely more loyal to Paschal and Neleh than Kathy was (and if she pulls off the F4 IC, Vecepia's a goner, though a desperate Vee may have been more driven to win it.) A Vecepia vs. Gina final would have played out far differently than Vecepia vs. Neleh; I give it 5-2 to Gina.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •