The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Robfather Promo 3/26"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-02, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Robfather Promo 3/26"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 08:29 AM (EST)

Edited to add the link to Paratrooper's vidcaps in case anyone wanted to see all 12 caps and to take out a comment questioning whether it was proof that it's Rotu's turn to go to TC.

This is interesting... there was a new promo aired yesterday (March 26th) and all 12 vidcaps posted by Paratrooper featured Rob. Can we infer anything from this blanket coverage of the Robfather?

Note the new Survivor "logo" taking from the Godfather.

For more vidcaps, click here... http://www.survivorfever.net/vidcaps-robfather.html

Some thoughts:

There's only one vidcap with Sean in there amongst these 12 -- and interestingly, there's one with Sarah which is most likely from episode 3 when they had to build the raft for RC.

In the first vidcap above, there's 4 Rotus lined up listening to Rob. Any ideas about where the other three are or can anything be inferred from this image?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 PepeLePew13 03-27-02 1
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 samiam 03-27-02 2
   RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 kdzgon 03-27-02 4
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 samboohoo 03-27-02 3
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 wildchickenhunter 03-27-02 5
   RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 RDIheath 03-27-02 7
       RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 PepeLePew13 03-27-02 11
   RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 gemstone 03-27-02 10
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 Naked 03-27-02 6
   RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 bergdogg 03-27-02 8
       RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 princesstan 03-27-02 12
 The rest of the pics... PepeLePew13 03-27-02 9
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 Wacko Jacko 03-27-02 13
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 dabo 03-27-02 14
   RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 PepeLePew13 03-27-02 15
       RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 dabo 03-27-02 18
   RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 MeToo 03-27-02 16
   dabo... SurvivinDawg 03-27-02 17
       RE: dabo... Bebo 03-27-02 19
       RE: dabo... dabo 03-27-02 24
           RE: dabo... ulalame 03-27-02 25
               RE: dabo... dabo 03-27-02 27
                   RE: dabo... In The Woods 03-27-02 29
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 bebekid 03-27-02 20
 RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26 lazykid 03-27-02 21
 Check out time! mavsfan 03-27-02 22
   mavsfan...check the logic weltek 03-27-02 23
       RE: mavsfan...check the logic ulalame 03-27-02 26
           RE: mavsfan...check the logic PepeLePew13 03-27-02 30
       RE: focus on Rob kdzgon 03-27-02 28
           RE: focus on Rob smiles 03-27-02 31
       RE: mavsfan...check the logic mavsfan 03-28-02 32
           RE: mavsfan...check the logic PepeLePew13 03-28-02 33
               RE: Rob promo kdzgon 03-28-02 34
                   RE: Rob promo jkokoj 03-28-02 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-27-02, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"

>The one with Rob comforting Vecepia is interesting -- do they
>find out that Sean is on the target list?
>Both Rob and Vecepia have their bags with them, evidently
>just before they go to TC. Is this proof
>that we'll see them go to TC in this episode
>(or merely a scene from a future episode)?

Upon further analysis of this photo, I goofed... this one is unquestionably from when they were all still on Moomoo (yellow buff, cleanshaven Rob). Scratch my prior comments about whether this is proof of a TC for Rotu.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
Yeah, but in the second cap, both Rob and Vee are wearing their yellow buffs. The top pic is from the switch episode when they were picking teams. They're pulling out old video clips, not anything from the new episode. But the fact that they're trying to make us think that Rob can make any kind of power play at this point is rather amusing.

some people wear their heart upon their sleeeve...i wear mine underneath my right pant leg strapped to my boot -- ani difranco

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-27-02, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

Follow the link to the remaining vidcaps, and look at the sacond pic down on the left - it appears to be a double exposure of sorts - there are two "shadow" people - 1 female(?) rowing (Gina? hair appears to be down, so would not be Sarah), and a more faint figure to the left (Sean?).

Could these signify his past coming to haunt him?

BTW, there was a promo this AM, once again asking "who will be next?", and they flashed pics of Gina (I think), Rob, and Paschal. Last week, a similar promo showed Gina, Sarah, and Robert from Rotu.

edited to add: there's a person in the background (to the left) on the next photo, too, if anyone is interested.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
The second vidclip must be an old one because Vecepia and Rob are wearing the yellow buffs (maraamu color).

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-27-02, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
The only one that may really mean anything is the one with Robfaddah in front of the TU's. They almost appear to be listening to him. Is it possible that even though the TU's realize what a lazy a*ss he is they know that Sean-Farracan is worse. So the Tu's are playing nicely with Robfaddah because they know they will get rid of Sean X tonight and the Robfaddah next week.I don't know if the TU's would deliberately throw a challenge, but MB may stack the deck against them for the next two weeks and the MU's may win.

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
VidCap 3 ...the double exposure.... the shadow/second exposure is Rob rowing taken just after or just before cap#2.
I enlarged the image and then enhanced the GAMMA and the COntrast and Brightness to bring the back image to the front and then converted it to negative and it popped out. Compared it to the #2 vidcap and they match perfectly accept for the arm position which is in a "recoil" position

Dont know what it would mean unless his "throwing that challenge to boot Hunter" will come back to haunt him. i.e. rotu throwing the challenge to get HIM booted.

I cant figure out how to post the edited images though so if you want them explain!

03-27-02, 10:52 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 10:53 AM (EST)

I'd be very interested in seeing this image you've tweaked, RDI!

Click on the "Click here to upload your file" after you hit "Reply" and then select the picture you've saved (best is use .jpg or .gif), then highlight and copy the entire http: link, past it into your message and ta da.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
Isn't that where Rob has just become a memeber of Rotu and is walking over to the mat?

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-02, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
Good catch Pepe. Are we sure that this was an actual commercial aired by CBS ? Is there anyone else who saw this preview live ?
I can't imagine why that he would be so prodominatly featured right
now unless we are ready to say goodbye to him this week.....

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-27-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
I saw the promo. My dad and me were watching JAG, cause nothing else was good on. The promo aired during JAG.

I immediately though that it was interesting that they show this add depicting Rob in htat way. It lead me to think either two things are going to happen:

1) He is gone Thursday
2) He is able to stir up Rotu in some way

I guess we will have to wait and see.

princesstan 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-27-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail princesstan Click to send private message to princesstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
Remember the promos the week Hunter got booted off. They featured him and only him, as the strong man, Hunter, rah, rah, rah... (yada yada yada)...well, maybe they are doing it again with Rob. Just an idea.

03-27-02, 10:17 AM (EST)
9. "The rest of the pics..."
In light of the discussion going on in this thresd about some of the other pics, I've dragged them all over here to make for easier discussion.

I like some of the ideas presented thus far -- especially the idea that Rob is going to have some of his past actions haunt him in this episode.

Very interesting how they made him appear like he was lecturing the Rotus when it's actually from the switch last episode (in the first pic in the first post above).

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-27-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
Those Pictures are old. Rob and Gabe both have thicker beards now.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"

This shot appears to be from the Tribal Swap, when Rob joined New Rotu, but I'd have to check the tape to make certain. Rob was also featured in the Eyemail this week, so MB is directing a lot of attention towards the guy. If I understand Dawg's Hollow Theory, this focus on Rob may be a case of misdirection. Or it may be indicative of something not pertaining to the boot, perhaps Rob's scheming begins to develop a new dynamic within New Rotu.

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

03-27-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
>Or it may be indicative of something not pertaining to
>to the boot, perhaps Rob's scheming begins to develop
>a new dynamic within New Rotu.

I'm just thinking that if Rotu are seriously going to splinter in half and vote out one of their originals under guidance from Rob and Sean after what they've heard from them last week, then boy, if you thought the original Maraamus were dumb... you haven't seen everything yet!

I'm leaning towards this being indicative of a failed attempt by Rob to wrest control of the tribe and this is misdirection in making us all think he goes this week -- but it's actually deflecting attention away from the more obvious choice... SEAN.

03-27-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
The main problem with the Rob boot possibility is that it is only his laziness, not his mouth, that would be a factor towards it. Despite what he said about all his new tribemates last week, none of them heard any of that, whereas Sean's "vote me off" rant was a very public display. So, yes, he does seem the obvious target. But I have to wonder if the race card may actually play within New Rotu, and how that might work. Gabe is seemingly more interested in using Survivor to launch an acting career, so a PC motivation may very well work on him, which may not break up Old Rotu though it might expose something more of the divisions than we've yet seen. John would be less susceptible to a PC motivation in that regard, as I see it, so the race card may be what drives things to a certain extent.

And, mainly, with eight mouths to feed, laziness would be the biggest factor should New Rotu go to TC. Aand Rob doesn't have the race or any other card to play in that regard. He is actively playing the game, however, so driving a wedge into the internal divisions of Original Rotu is something he almost certainly must attempt.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-27-02, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
perhaps
>Rob's scheming begins to develop
>a new dynamic within New
>Rotu.
>
How does this mesh with the original teasers for Episode 5 (copied and pasted from SurvivorFever):

The tribe that wins the reward challenge gets to raid the other tribe's camp.

One castaway's innocent comment sparks a flurry of activity.

The new Maraamu celebrates its discovery of a new source of food.

A new leader seeks to assume power at Rotu.

I have a hard time believing that Rob could or would ever assume power at Rotu under any circumstances. Then again, this only says that someone "seeks" to assume power.

Any relavence to this?

MeToo

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "dabo..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

If I understand Dawg's Hollow Theory, this focus on Rob may be a case of misdirection.

You are correct in your analysis, but beware a pitfall: Remember Linda in S-III... the boot was so obvious that MB actually built it up to make us think that it was misdirection. It could be what is happening here, also: They are hyping up Rob as the Robfadder because this is the last week they will have the opportunity to do so.

But I tend to agree with you: the sheer amount of material focusing on Rob lately, in conjunction with the See-BS eyemail, has me doubtful that Rob will be the bootee.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: dabo..."
>It could be what is happening
>here, also: They are
>hyping up Rob as the
>Robfadder because this is the
>last week they will have
>the opportunity to do so.
>
>
>But I tend to agree with
>you: the sheer amount
>of material focusing on Rob
>lately, in conjunction with the
>See-BS eyemail, has me doubtful
>that Rob will be the
>bootee.

But would MB do that so soon after pulling the exact same thing with Hunter? It's only been two weeks since Hunter was featured prominently in a promo and then booted.

After Sarah was booted the same week as her eyemail appeared, people speculated that they wouldn't profile the bootee two weeks in a row.

So we're either being hit over the head with the bootee, or a big massive smokescreen is being thrown up to hide the real one. Would we need to be hit over the head with Rob? No. Rob's one of the two logical choices for Rotu to target this week. I think we're getting the hard sell to hide that Sean is going.

03-27-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: dabo..."
I have checked the tape and the shot of Rob walking towards Zoe, Gabe, Vee and John is definitely from the Tribal Swap in episode 4. So, it becomes a question of why is there so much focus on Rob right now, what does it mean? If it doesn't indicate that he is the bootie, and I don't believe it does, there may be something else going on. In the first promo there was the strategy moment with John and Gabe, where John seemed intent on reuniting Original Rotu. Was that simply coming from John's already exhibited paranoia, or is there another strategy possibility here?

The alliance situation in Original Rotu was never developed for us to understand what was happening there, and it may be that the alliances actually hadn't solidified by the time of the Tribal Swap, with the exception of the apparent Neleh-Paschal pairing. What this means within New Rotu is that a strong Rotu alliance within New Rotu could take the opportunity of eliminating someone from another Rotu alliance rather than booting a Maraamu among them, with the two most likely targets then being John and Gabe. And to further overthink this, the three Maraamu could allign with one side or the other, depending on which way Rob would think his own chances would be best improved. According to what Rob said about Gabe, that he's probably not as smart as he thinks he is, it would seem that Rob would be more inclined to keep Gabe around if he discovers that the guy can be manipulated.

Of course, the smart thing for New Rotu to do at this point would be to eliminate Rob or Sean, and Sean still seems like the obvious choice, but the example of previous Survivors is that sometimes what is clearly the smart move turns out to be the one thing the players avoid doing (Pagong refused to unify, Amber wouldn't reallign despite the fact that it was her only chance of staying in the game, Lex was allowed to go on his witch hunt and this evened up the sides, but then Samburu failed to press the advantage and take control of the game).

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: dabo..."
Your posts are very thought provoking! To take it a step further, with the blatant hammering-over-the-head with the Godfather theme, and the fact that we have been told there will be a "real villain" in this season of survivor, I think this episode is going to expose that villian, and it will be a Rotu. At this point, it would be too obvious for Rob to be the villain, as he is not in a very strong position in the game, and frankly, his behaving badly would not be a surprise, as he's already done that. I do think Rob could be positioned to apparantly "take advantage" of a schism in Rotu; however, the real mastermind will be a Rotu (I'm guessing Tammy), who will be revealed as a traitor/backstabber and will take down one of their own in TC this week. As I posted in the vote thread, my guess is that we will see a Gabe boot this week. It fits with the Varner-X predictions, as well as some of the other spoilerish items out there (Gabe sailing photo, Gabe talking about how much he likes Gina (who I see her as a pre-jury boot, although maybe not pre-merge)).

03-27-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
27. "RE: dabo..."
Thank you. The problem isn't in determining what would be the best strategy (and, plainly, the best strategy within New Rotu right now would be for the Rotu to take the tribe to the next two Tribal Councils and eliminate both Rob and Sean before the individual challenges begin), but in trying to get into the players' heads to determine what they are most likely to do. Right now Rob is the only one who is actively playing the game who is relatively easy to figure out, because he is in a weak position and will do whatever he can (or try anyway) to improve his chances, including setting up his ally Sean to be ahead of himself in the boot order. Gabe seems more interested in playing survivalist than in playing Survivor, whereas John does seem to have his head in the game but hasn't quite got as good a handle on the game as one would wish. Anyway, I doubt if Tammy would be someone who Rob could manipulate, she clearly was ready in episode 4 to get rid of Sean and Rob at the first opportunity. If it turns out that Gabe is someone who can be so manipulated, she may join forces with John in order to stabilize a Rotu alliance by eliminating Gabe. The five Rotu in New Rotu are an interesting dynamic, though, as none of them actually profile as followers, which could be their downfall.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: dabo..."
Just another thought on this. I think the key is actually Gabe. If the rumor is true that he knows Sean, or might actually have met up with him at the bar, you would have Vee, Gabe, Sean, and Robfather. Could we possibly see a tie vote this week? If the rumor isn't true, I could see Rob setting up Sean, and Rob fully taking on the role as the villian. Thanks

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-27-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
My question is this: Is Rob:

a) Sonny Corleone (are we about to see his ambush and massacre?)
OR
b) Michael Corleone (terminates 2 men (read: original Rotu)
and gets away with it?)

The producers are obviously trying to draw some parallels here. I think this overall comparison is bad news for Rob. Most everybody in the Godfather saga is dead at the end.

Maybe Rob is supposed to be Fredo.

At some point, Rob will make an offer that they WILL all refuse (couldn't help myself!)

bebe

lazykid 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-27-02, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazykid Click to send private message to lazykid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Robfather Promo 3/26"
is there a video of this in .mpg or any other type of vid format? it would be awesome to have it in my collection.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Check out time!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

4 Reasons Rob goes next

1) When Sarah left, I believe she and Rob had a budding romance. Sarah is now back with her preshow boyfriend and down plays her relationship with Rob saying it was harmless, there was really nothing to it. This tells me that Sarah and Rob have already played out their relationship on the looser cruise, and Sarah is done with Rob. If Sarah and Rob HAD NOT play out the relationship on the looser cruiser yet, she would most likely still be carrying a torch for him. - So Rob goes premerge (1 of the next 2).

2) In episode 2 Rob, speaking to the camera, said that he had to make a choice, join Hunter and become a "worker bee", or join Sean and risk looking Stupid. I think this was forshadowing. Rob gets voted out and looks like an idiot. (should have been a worker bee).

3)MB tried to even the tribes with his weaving challenge which should have favored the smaller team. ooops. Now it appears MB will try and favor the smaller tribe again with a blindfold challenge sending Rotu to TC. If Rotu DOES go to TC it is a virtual certainty that Rob, Sean or Vee will be sent packing. Vee is doing adopting an "under the radar strategy" and it seems to be working. This leaves Rob and Sean as the next to get booted. Since most people will do handstands to avoid the charge of racism, and Rob & Sean are fairly equally useless, Rob will be sent packing before Sean.

4) Hunters post boot interviews indicate that he and Sean didn't have a chance to work thru their differences. So Sean likely makes the merge.

Get your bags Rob, it's check out time!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "mavsfan...check the logic "
1) Sarah relationship: Sarah never said she had a big crush on Rob. They never had a budding relationship. They were comfortable with eachother and cuddled at night. Period. There is no "torch" she was carrying for him, therefore they don't need time to work out their relationship. MB wanted to play up the relationship, but not much even he could do to show a romance that didn't really exist.

2)Rob's "choice" forshadowing: while MB does use some foreshadowing, that's a pretty weak argument. We could use just about every statement everyone has said and turn it into "foreshadowing". Rob is currently, and has been, looking stupid. End of story.

3)Challenge favoring last ep: Since Rotu had to sit out people, there was no "favoring" of a smaller team. If anything, it allowed favor to Rotu, since they were able to pick their most "team" players, or more mentally strong players. As for avoiding the racism card, put yourself in Rotu's shoes. Would you really care what America thought about you voting out one of the two African Americans on your tribe? Not so much. They don't make the race card into drama as much as some basher/fanatic posters or Sean does. No one is going to not vote for Sean because they feel that voting a black guy out is politically incorrect. If that was the case, Clarence, Nick, Alicia, and Gervase would have all been final four contestants.

4)I'll buy the logic that maybe Sean and Hunter never got to work things out. It seems like Sean's race card issue has surprised all the bootees though, so they all probably dislike Sean a little. With that big chip on his shoulder, it probably would make it hard to go horseback riding with the others from Looser Lodge. If I had to guess, he didn't socialize much with any bootees unless they were Rob, Sarah, or Vee.

Just wanted to point out that we should rely on faulty logic just because we lack hard evidence for spoilers. There just aren't that many hard facts, nor good logic to support Rob going next, but I could be wrong. The only hard facts are that he is prominently featured in the new Godfather promo & was profiled in EyeMail this week. As far as logic goes, I can't find much, other than your last (#4) statement and that he is at least 1 of the group of targets this week. I think stronger evidence is there for Sean.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: mavsfan...check the logic "
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Agreed, particularly on the Sarah-Rob relationship and on the Sean/Race Issue.

Sarah has said in her post-boot interviews that she is back with her boyfriend; and that although she did feel a connection to Rob and that she considered dating him, having seen his true colors on the show she's not so sure. My sense from her statements is that she did NOT get the chance to follow up on her thing with him on loser island, indicating to me that he makes the jury.

Re. the Sean/Race issue, at least with regard to his Maaramu mates who have been booted so far (Hunter, Tricia, Sarah), they were all surprised when they saw the show at how much Sean appeared to be making it all about race. This is so because much of his statements in this regard were made either during confessionals or to Vecepia. I think the only outward statement to date that he's made about race was his comment last week to Gabe. So, although the show is being edited to play up the race issue, I am not sure the actual players were aware of it as an issue while they were playing, and thus it would not impact their voting strategy one way or the other.

03-27-02, 04:52 PM (EST)
30. "RE: mavsfan...check the logic "

>So, although the show is being edited to play up the race
>issue, I am not sure the actual players were aware
>of it as an issue while they were playing, and thus
>it would not impact their voting strategy one way
>or the other.

Actually, it *could* have quite an impact on voting strategy because these are the New Rotus and the 5 original Rotus are seeing Sean truly for the first time -- and their first impression is that they're getting an angry person who would rather slack off and commandeer Tammy around like a sheep. They've also seen Sean spout off about the slavery issue -- so they might be thinking "whoa nelly, we gotta get this guy out ASAP!" without taking the time to really see his humour and other positive qualities that the old Maraamus have talked about in their post-boot media scrums.

03-27-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: focus on Rob"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 06:09 AM (EST)

I think we might be making too much of the "too much focus on Rob" angle, unless this promo runs a lot more before the show airs Thursday. While this one is all about Rob, it apparently does not run very often so the exposure is not as great as it might appear on this thread. It is certainly not the "prominent" promo (seems to be 1 or 2 ea week, with a few different ones thrown in very rarely).

This is similar to the Survivor Scorecard promos that tell of the most recent bootee, and asking "who's going next" while flashing a few(3) faces of the remaining tribes. Sarah was one of the 3 shown last week (Gina & Robert were the other 2), but the spot rarely ran. I started a thread trying to find someone to cap it, but no one even acknowledged seeing the promo. This week, the three faces are Gina, Rob, and Paschal, I believe.

edited to add it is four faces, not three - Neleh, Gina, Rob, Paschal.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: focus on Rob"
The preview was on again tonight during TAR2. So I think it is getting good run time. The words that are spoken during the clips give the history of Rob, and then Rob says, "Don't count me out yet." That was the most significant comment of all the previews. Whenever someone says "Don't count me out yet" they are usually next to go.

I could be wrong and the could be a misdirection for Sean's boot, but another preview aired at the end of TAR2/ beginning of 60 minutes (???)where everyone has island fever. Anyway the shots are of everyone having a good time, but the best one was Gabe, Vee, and Sean rapping. Now if Sean has alienated the entire Rotu tribe (especially Gabe) why would Gabe rap with him? Unless he is incredible stupid OR he is a "friend" of Sean through the Belly connection.

With those friendly previews (could also be a misdirection) and the Rob-father previews it looks like Rob might be on the way out.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: mavsfan...check the logic "
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 03:14 AM (EST)

you said:
<<1) Sarah relationship: Sarah never said she had a big crush on
<<Rob. They never had a budding relationship. They were
<<comfortable with eachother and cuddled at night. Period. There
<<is no "torch" she was carrying for him, therefore they don't
<<need time to work out their relationship. MB wanted to play up
<<the relationship, but not much even he could do to show a
<<romance that didn't really exist.

Logic check -
Episode 1 approx 20 minutes: Gina says "There's definitly flirtation around Rob and Sarah."
Episode 2 appox 20 minutes: Sarah says "I'm definitly attracted to Rob and he's told me the same."
Episode 2 appox 23 minutes Rob & Sarah are sleeping on the raft and Sarah is gently stroking Rob's arm (a small thing, but the kind of thing people do when love is new - not things "friends" do.
Episode 2 approx 50 minutes: in what appears to be a discussion of Sarah (although misleading editing can't be ruled oout) Rob says "No doubt this one's killing my home life."
Episode 3 approx 23 minutes: Sarah sits on Robs knee. This is a small thing but again, something that someone who's newely in love does, not something "friends" do.
Episode 3 approx 47 minutes: Sean talking to Rob says "I don't know, when I looked on the boat (raft), I looked over at your girl and all the time she's just like cheerleading you on man. I wanted to ask you how you feel about her specifically. Not necessarily on voting, but do you have some feelings for her?"
Rob says 'No, It's just part of the game.'

So my response to you is that the "budding relationship" wasn't just clever editting. Gina thought there was one. Sean thought there could be one. And most importantly Sarah thought there was one. Maybe Rob was just playing her from the start, but she couldn't have known that before the show aired unless she already talked/confronted/explored the relationship with Rob and found it lacking. The only way she and Rob could have talked/confronted/explored the relationship is if Rob is 1 of the next 2 out. If Sarah came back from the Island still "carrying a torch" for Rob, then I don't think she would be back with her boyfriend. The fact that she and her boyfriend are back together tells me she and Rob are done. Finally, Sarah's denials that there was anything to the relationship other than "friendship and trying to stay warm" is completely in keeping with the kind of denial she would have to make to save her relationship with her boyfriend.

you also said
<<2)Rob's "choice" forshadowing: while MB does use some
<foreshadowing, that's a pretty weak argument. We could use just
<<about every statement everyone has said and turn it into
<<"foreshadowing". Rob is currently, and has been, looking
<<stupid. End of story.

Logic check - I'm glad we both agree MB does use some Foreshadowing. Some memorable examples:
Rich in SI saying Go ahead and right me the check.
Kentucky Joe in SII saying This dry river bed may not stay dry.
Ethan saying I'm here to win the $1,000,000.
Silas saying Go ahead and right me the check.
All of them I remember as being great big flashing neon signs set right in our laps to deliberate over or not, to argue the meaning of or not. However, they were not hidden. Similarly, the whole "worker bee with Hunter" or "risk looking stupid with Sean" is a nice big flashing neon sign set right in our laps to deliverate over or not, to argue the meaning of or not. But considering the importance of Robs choice being shoved down our throats I think it's guaranteed this IS forshadowing. If you can think of any thing that was this big that WAS NOT forshadowing I'd be very interested in being reminded of it.

you also said:

<<As for avoiding the racism card, put yourself in Rotu's shoes.
<<Would you really care what America thought about you voting out
<<one of the two African Americans on your tribe? Not so much.
<<They don't make the race card into drama as much as some
<<basher/fanatic posters or Sean does. No one is going to not
<<vote for Sean because they feel that voting a black guy out is
<<politically incorrect. If that was the case, Clarence, Nick,
<<Alicia, and Gervase would have all been final four contestants.

There's not really a logic check on this except to say that since many of these players have visions of stardom dancing in their heads I do think the consider how particular actions will come across on tv. I certainly didn't mean to argue that the contestants will continually avoid voting out black players (allowing Clarence, Nick, Alicia, Gervase, and Ramona to reach the final 4). But I do mean to argue NO team will EVER vote out a black player on their 1ST TRIP to tribal council without overwhelming cause. Since there isn't really a dimes worth of difference between Rob and Sean. Rob will get the boot 1st.

finally you said:
<<Just wanted to point out that we should rely on faulty logic
<<just because we lack hard evidence for spoilers. There just
<<aren't that many hard facts, nor good logic to support Rob
<<going next, but I could be wrong. The only hard facts are that
<<he is prominently featured in the new Godfather promo & was
<<profiled in EyeMail this week. As far as logic goes, I can't
<<find much, other than your last (#4) statement and that he is
<<at least 1 of the group of targets this week. I think stronger
<<evidence is there for Sean.

I would respond that I haven't seen any evidence of Sean leaving this week, but then again my PC loads very very slowely so I often times avoid the bigger Postings so I could very well be missing some of the spoilers. But my inclination is to say that I think a lot of people find Sean highly controversial and WANT him gone so the vote accordingly. Much like Jerri in SII. Sooner or later the folks that vote for Sean to get the ax will be right just as surely as the Jerri haters were eventuall right. I just don't think it's this week. Hunters spoiler indicates Sean makes the merge.

03-28-02, 07:49 AM (EST)
33. "RE: mavsfan...check the logic "
>Maybe Rob was just playing her from the start, but
>she couldn't have known that before the show aired unless
>she already talked/confronted/explored the relationship
>with Rob and found it lacking. The only way she and Rob
>could have talked/confronted/explored the relationship is if
>Rob is 1 of the next 2 out. If Sarah came back from the
>Island still "carrying a torch" for Rob, then I don't
>think she would be back with her boyfriend. The fact that
>she and her boyfriend are back together tells me that she
>and Rob are done. Finally, Sarah's denials that there was
>anything to the relationship other than "friendship
>and trying to stay warm" is completely in keeping with
>the kind of denial she would have to make to
>save her relationship with her boyfriend.

mavsfan is correct... Sarah is exactly that dumb to be led into believing that there's truly somethin going on with Rob. I remember there was a scene (in, I think, episode 3) where we see them cuddling on the raft and Sarah cuddles closer but Rob moves his head away -- Sarah didn't seem to notice this at all but the rest of us in North America did.

Now that Sarah has seen the show, naturally she's going into spin control mode.

I'm in agreement that there is a very strong indication that Rob will be one of the next two to be booted (I'm still on the fence, thinking that Sean has shot himself in the foot too much to not be the next one to go, but I digress).

>Similarly, the whole "worker bee with Hunter" or "risk looking
>stupid with Sean" is a nice big flashing neon sign
>set right in our laps to deliverate over or not,
>to argue the meaning of or not.

I would have believed greatly in this being foreshadowing if it happened more immediately -- however all we've seen come true is that Rob has looked remarkably stupid along with Sean. No boot. This foreshadowing doesn't tell us if or when Rob and/or Sean might get booted, whereas the StupidSilas comment was right before he got turfed.

>But I do mean to argue NO team will EVER vote out a
>black player on their 1ST TRIP to tribal council without
> overwhelming cause. Since there isn't really a dimes
>worth of difference between Rob and Sean. Rob will
>get the boot 1st.

I'd have to disagree here -- Sean has been much more vocal than Rob has (i.e. the Gabe confrontation -- somebody had to be watching this go down) and he was louder than Rob was when these two were lazing about waiting for Tammy to serve them. We've heard the booted Maraamus say some positive things about Sean and how he's funny, how he gets along with the others... but Rotu's first impression of him is his bossing around of Tammy and his comments to Gabe. Huh? If Sean stays a while, then you got to wonder about the Mike Boogie connection before the show with Gabe!

I do acknowledge that Rob has been overplayed to the hilt as a result of this promo so the question is whether we are being hit over the head with Rob Rob Rob to hide that Sean goes or they're simply being obvious and putting it out there. Of course, we might all just get thrown for a loop and Kathy gets turfed.

>I would respond that I haven't seen any evidence of Sean
>leaving this week,

Most of the "evidence" to suggest that Sean goes this week is based on his actions from last week as in do the Rotus want someone who is stirring up trouble and rebelling against their idea of setting up camp, being vocal about helping out in camp? I'm also a little leery of the overabundance of coverage on Rob in this promo being a too-obvious hint he goes, so someone else has to be the target (Sean? Kathy?).

03-28-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Rob promo"
OK - I've actually seen the promo, and I may want to change my vote on the vote thread! This seems too much "in your face" for Rob to actually go - the tone of the promo is that Rob is in trouble, and his moves have failed. He may well leave next week, but somehow I don't think he's leaving tonight.

Question is, to whom do I switch my vote??

I think Sean is following a classic "Will" (from BB2) path here - they keep him around because (a) they believe they know exactly where Sean stands and think he is no threat, thus can be eliminated "whenever", and (b)they enjoy his company in the meanwhile. Plus, I am still hung up on that religion conflict, and we have not yet seen that. Sean makes the merge, IMO.

There is an awful lot of momentum building pointing to Gabe, though I'm kind of suspicious as to the timing of the Belly info and there is no way that is Gabe in the boat. Plus, Gabe would be a smart move right now should Rotu go to TC - he is resourceful and strong - he poses a threat once the immunities switch to individual - and how often do we see tribes voting intelligently?? Maybe Rotu would be different - I see this as a possibility.

The third possibility is the MooMoos still can't get their act together enough to win an IC. (I think they may well win the blind leading the blind challenge, but the majority seem to believe that is a reward challenge.) If that happens, I think N/P will put loyalty over common sense, and vote Gina out. If this does not happen this week, it happens next week IMO.

Ah, forget it - I'll stick with Rob - if I change my vote, odds are I'll still be wrong anyway. If Rotu, Rob or Sean needs to go to make it an 8-2 merge (original tribe #s), and I vote Rob over Sean. The MooMoos go, I vote Gina.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-28-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Rob promo"
I have seen the promo and lots of Rob. I do not believe he is going this week.

I have read all the items regarding Gabe and Sean. I do believe they may have known eachother prior to the show by acquaintence only. Even though MB is notarious for not showing all of a debate or conversation I truly believe Sean and Gabe have a rift. Sean is just too angry all the time. Yeah we see him getting along sometimes but I think the majority of people, especially in such close quarters, would try and avoid confrontation. Everyone on Rotu seems to be likable and willing to forgive any grievances in order to be a harmonious tribe, i.e. Kathy. Sean will just not conform to that. He may be funny but he will get the boot becuase of his attitude.

If the people on Rotu have not watched the previous Survivors and decide to vote for Gabe just because he is making an effort with Sean and/or Rob, then I say to hell with the idiots! Come on people stick with the majority and take your united team all the way! Just a little side rant.

Not much spoiling value in this post only my interpretation of vid caps, promos and others opinions.

[/im

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •