The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Promo Theory Revisited"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-25-02, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Promo Theory Revisited"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-02 AT 01:22 AM (EST)

Is the Promo Theory (OFG Theory) a dead issue now? The last boot, Sarah, wasn't featured in the promos for episode 4, which would seem to inidicate that MB has switched tactics and that this theory should be abandoned. However, this may not be the case.

OFG's original observation was that the bootie for each episode was always featured in the promos for that episode, and this proved to be true until the Sarah boot. The theory later evolved beyond OFG's original observation to suggest that the bootie was usually presented in the promos in a positive light, exceptions being those booties who generally drew negative to themselves (Jerri, Linda, Frank) leaving MB no choice in the matter should he include them in the promos.

The Sarah boot leaves things in question, however, since she wasn't featured in the promos. In my opinion this may be the an exception to the rules: ie. Sarah was featured predominantly in promos for the show from the first episode onwards, for the obvious ratings-grabbing reasons, her disappearance in the promos for episode #4 was notable on that account. She did however, during that week, continue to appear in generic promos for the show, as in the brief segment between S4ep#3 and TAR2ep#2, strutting her stuff. My conclusion is that she had ample set-up for her promotional media week without being featured in the promos for that particular episode, MB got tricky with that one because he could. Likewise, I would think that OFG Promo Theory is still valid for consideration towards future booties, but we should keep an eye on generic promos for whoever may be predominantly featured there, as this is the alternate route MB has employed with the Sarah boot (with the further observation that the disappearance of Sarah in the ep#4 promos was a curious thing and should also be kept in mind).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Promo Theory Revisited tribephyl 03-25-02 1
 RE: Promo Theory Revisited SurvivinDawg 03-25-02 2
 RE: Promo Theory Revisited Kokoro 03-25-02 3
 RE: Promo Theory Revisited PagongRatEater 03-25-02 4
   RE: Promo Theory Revisited kdzgon 03-26-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-02, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Promo Theory Revisited"
So I guess now. It would stand to reason that
OFG Theory: as the law
with the;
Naked Theory: as Ammendment 1 to the law and
Dabo's Promo Theory: as Ammendment 2.
Don't fret folks this is all just progress towards a well-rounded a thorough group of spoilers. AND There is always an exception to the rule.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-02, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Promo Theory Revisited"
I don't think the OFG Theory is dead, but you knew there would have to be an exception some day. That day arrived. I admit I was misled by Sarah not appearing in the promos, but I did say that if a switch happened then all bets were off.

Also, OFG Theory usually becomes less helpful as the game progresses and there are fewer players: by default, ALL of them start to appear in the promos.

In this particular episode, with the switch happening, we got virtually no information on any of the challenges. There was almost no way to present Sarah (in the promos) without giving away the fact that a switch took place.

Now the real question is (as you asked): Did MB get tricky with us, and will he continue to do so? The answer is "Of course!".

Last, but not least, I want to toot my own pet Hollow theory, which I believe has done well (even if I did misinterpret it myself last episode ). Gina was featured, and that was misdirection. The fact that we saw virtually nothing but a few closeup head shots was a clear indication that the switch did take place that episode. I don't think MB is all that hard to figure out, you just have to make the correct determination as to what is fluff and what is substance.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-25-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Promo Theory Revisited"
I'm not exactly sure what the theory is (S3 was so gawd awful I didn't really check the Survivor forums much) but this was in the secondary promo:

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Promo Theory Revisited"
I think that the theory still has validity. Last weeks episode was not so much about the bootee as it was about the switch. No one was "featured" in this promo, but Sarah was shown. Perhaps the addendum should be that the switch (and potentially the merge) episodes should be exempted from this theory.

Though on second thought, OFG is kicking butt in the Survivor Island game. Wonder what she thinks...

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-26-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Promo Theory Revisited"
There was another promo apparently not shown very often that offered three possible bootees: Gina, Sarah, and Robert. (VO actually asked "who will be next?", and then showed 3 faces - G,S, & Robert).

I think the add'l clips on the SeeBS site offered plenty of Sarah, too. Between all the speculation on the boards (re: this theory) and all the exposure Sarah has already gotten, I think this was the perfect bootee to be considered an anomaly in the pattern. I don't think we should write off this theory completely just yet.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •