The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kathy's TC statement"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

shouldershrugs 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shouldershrugs Click to send private message to shouldershrugs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kathy's TC statement"
Was anybody else pissed when they heard Kathy say her "we have to vote off the top players" statement? That is what is so wrong about the game, I don't like Colby, but I agree with what he was saying to Shii. If you are a strong male, your chances of winning are almost non existent becuase the weak women like Shii and Kathy just sit back and vote off the "top players". Saying that should be an insult to Kathy, she is admitting that she isn't a top player in the game.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kathy's TC statement uberspoon 02-27-04 1
 RE: Kathy's TC statement Kermit the Vixen 02-27-04 2
   RE: Kathy's TC statement managerr 02-27-04 3
       RE: Kathy's TC statement Merrydol 02-27-04 5
 RE: Kathy's TC statement Blow by Blow 02-27-04 4
   RE: Kathy's TC statement munson 02-27-04 6
   RE: Kathy's TC statement Silvergirl1 02-27-04 8
 My Explanation of the Game's Fairne... Angelfood 02-27-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"
i don't think that Kathy could easily be classified as a "weak woman".

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-27-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to send private message to Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"
I agree. Isn't the point of the game to be the best? It's ridiculous to say "we want one of the weakest, worst, most undeserving to win." **cough-JennaMorasco-cough**

I personally love games like Amazing Race or The Apprentice where skill and talent actually HELP you win.

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-27-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"
All Stars doesn't count because they all have reputations, but the skill is to make everyone else *think* that someone else is a good player. Kathy (and everyone else) just plays the game like everyone else.

Merrydol 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Merrydol Click to send private message to Merrydol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"
>All Stars doesn't count because they
>all have reputations, but the
>skill is to make everyone
>else *think* that someone else
>is a good player.
>Kathy (and everyone else) just
>plays the game like everyone
>else.

Yeah, That!
All stars was, by nature, going to be whole different ball-game. It is up to the "stronger" players like Ethan and Colby to find a way to fight back. If that is making an alliance among themselves to get rid of "weaker" players, then that's what they are going to have to do.
I guess it depends on what playing the game means to you. Some people think being the strongest and best at challenges with good survival skills makes you deserving (Colby). Others think that those who play the game on a mental level well (Rob C) are the best players. And then, there are those who say survival is about doing the least and still being able to gain the most (Vecepia) It is just a matter of perspective.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-27-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"
Only suckers are falling for that line in this game. The reality is that if Kathy can dupe people into voting someone off because they're a 'top player', that's a killer strategy. The absolute best way to go far in this game is to convince people that the high finishers need to go first.

Look who's been booted and where they finished in their first season:
Tina - #1
Rudy - #3
JennaM - #1
RobC - #3
Rich - #1

If any high finishers are able to squirm their way off this executioners list, then they're playing a great game and that's why we're watching.

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"
It's like Revenge of the Nerds or something.

I guess I should be rooting for these underdogs but I just can't find it in myself to do it.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kathy's TC statement"

And, BTW, Kathy finished number 3 in her Survivor season, but I don't see her with a big target on her back (yet).

Let's face it, playing the game requires voting off those who would be your strongest competitors, if you want to win.

Official Mermaid Spokesperson of the A.S.S. be the Survivor Game

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-04, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "My Explanation of the Game's Fairness"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-04 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

Let me start by saying that all in all, I mostly agree with you about the injustice of the game. It is a shame. But I think that it is born out of necessity because of the nature of the game, the physical-heavy challenges, and the makeup of the players. In a way, it all kind of balances out though.

And this is nothing new. In every season, many of the "strong" or "threats" have gone early - Hunter & Gina, need I say more?
Kathy was just the first to admit it. I don't fault her. I think that she meant by Top Players - those who are good at the challenges (strength, speed or brains) and/or those who have finished in the top 4 of their seasons. In all Seasons, there are each of the stereotypes, and it seems set on the # of strong men, strong women, schemers, and lazy skinny young kids.

If you are a strong male, you're chances of winning are about the same, imho. Hatch 1, Colby 2, Ethan 1, Lex 3?, Brian 1, Burton 5?, Tom 4?. They are all Scared stiff that Colby or another like him will run away with the Immunities again - didn't u see Season 2?

That said, it is very unfair. Most of the challenges involve athletic ability, agility or strength (swimming, running, rowing, diving, wrestling, tugof war, archery, obstacle courses, building something, etc). Not as many are purely puzzles, quizzes (and even then the Ethan-types win those also). So, it would be More fair to have 16 people who are all athletic (or all not athletic), with comparable health, strength, and muscles, etc.

Its also too bad that they didn't wait until S9 for ASS and have only people who finished in the top 2 (or 3), so that the winners wouldn't be targets as much. WE mostly all agree that the winners have it hard vs. the losers.

And another point, if the "Strong" people are too vain and cowardly to vote out the "underserving weak or lazy people", then its their own dang faults. If Colby wants to take out Ethan cause he's a Threat, then he should expect the same from others.

Actually, if this game were really fair (or smart) they'd have a Second Chance Season with 16 previous contestants who were voted off early, but deserved to have more of a chance (in whoever's opinions), such as Mike Skupin, Hunter, Gina, MadDog, etc. They will not be forgotten.

Hope this was thought-provoking.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •