The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Simon Returning?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-25-03, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Simon Returning?"
From zap2it.com:

"LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Simon Cowell won't return to judge a third edition of "American Idol" -- unless he does.

Cowell, the harshly critical record executive who's become as big a star as any of the "Idol" performers, has been distancing himself from the show practically since the stage went dark after Wednesday's (May 21) finale. But FOX executives say they'll do what they can to keep him in the fold.

"If I were the viewer, I'd be sick of me by now," Cowell said after the finale. The following day, during an appearance on the L.A. morning show "Good Day Live," he said he wouldn't be back.

"I'd love to be able to say yes ... but I can't," Cowell said. "Why can't I say yes? I'll tell you what -- because I can't. And you know it's not about the money anymore."

Cowell is the executive producer of a dating show called "Cupid" that's scheduled for a run on CBS this summer. He's also indicated he'd like to return to England and his day job of producing records.

Despite Cowell's protestations, FOX Chairman Sandy Grushow says the network expects him back for the third "American Idol" in January 2004.

"I would never accuse Simon of negotiating," Grushow told reporters last week. "We've had a lot of conversations, and he's very interested in being part of the franchise. ... We have every expectation that he'll be back." "

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31681

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Simon Returning? Draco Malfoy 05-27-03 1
 RE: Simon Returning? managerr 05-27-03 2
 RE: Simon Returning? sea0tter12 05-27-03 3
   RE: Simon Returning? RUTGERSpaul 06-02-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-27-03, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Simon Returning?"
>"If I were the viewer, I'd
>be sick of me by
>now," Cowell said after the
>finale. The following day, during
>an appearance on the L.A.
>morning show "Good Day Live,"
>he said he wouldn't be
>back.

Is he high? Simon is the ONLY reason to watch AI. Randy and Paula are too nice, and Ryan is just annoying. If the show is going to be about the judges (which it has become), they NEED Simon to give me any reason to watch.

Oh wait, I already quit.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-27-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Simon Returning?"
In 7 months I may feel differently, but if I had to make my decision right now, I'd say I wouldn't miss him or any of the judges. You can only say so much after awhile and all of their comments are pretty much re-used, especially Randy and Simon. How many times can Simon call someone dreadful or pathetic? (Or "you're capable of better".) It just got tired after awhile.

Simon went through this after last season as well where he hinted he wasn't coming back, but eventually did. We'll see.

sea0tter12 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-27-03, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sea0tter12 Click to send private message to sea0tter12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Simon Returning?"
They can just get another b*tchy Brit to take over, like Anne Robinson. Now she would be great on AI!

I have my own little world. But it's OK ... they know me here.

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-02-03, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Simon Returning?"
Anne Robinson, a judge on "American Idol"??? Now THERE'S an idea!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •