The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sammy_l_Coleman 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sammy_l_Coleman Click to send private message to Sammy_l_Coleman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
First post, hope I'm doing this right.

In last week's previews we saw Gina directing Sean (I think) that "if I thought you were a liability I would have voted for you." I didn't see that in this episode? Was it purposely omitted, or will we say that in an upcoming episode?

Also, (speculation) previews told us of the reward challenge and what the reward would be. Would like your thoughts on possibility of split to three tribes (3 tribes, 4 each). Perhaps this is when Gina approaches Sean??? The winner of the reward challenge gets to raid the others camp.... perhaps what is "raided" is for the third tribe to set up camp? One more thing... could the raid be a person???

Great work everyone (esp Survindawg - I love your posts) on posts. Ive been an avid reader the last couple of weeks. Thought I might try to contribute. Good day all!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... kiki_k 03-21-02 1
 RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... Naked 03-21-02 2
 RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... Spidey 03-21-02 3
   RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... katem 03-21-02 4
       RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... WillyWonka 03-22-02 8
   RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... kdzgon 03-22-02 7
 RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... big idiot 03-21-02 5
   RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A L... cowboyroo 03-22-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

I posted a similar thought in bergdogg's
"Episode 5" thread, but to the effect that I think there will be a merge into one tribe after the reward challenge because I cannot believe that MB would allow one tribe to raid the other, taking their survival equipment (knife, etc) and NOT have them merge into one. Also, I agree that I don't recall MB ever telling us exactly what the "reward" for the RC would be ever before this. As soon as I heard it, I thought "they are merging next time."
edited because if I am going to reference another poster, I should get the name spelled correctly!

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
Sammy_l_Coleman,

Welcome to the board, and good post. I was also waiting for that comment to come. I don't see how it could be in the next episode, as Gina is not in conflict with anyone right now, but If she makes it to the merge with another Mooo, then it could be said then ....

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-02, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
I know Tahitipresse has been remarkably unreliable, but didn't they say that the tribes merge at 12? This would be next week. But then why would they reshuffle the tribes like they did for a mere 5 or so days? Doesn't seem to serve any great purpose. I also agree that allowing one camp to be raided of all of their survival equipment would be tremendously harsh and almost unthinkable. No more knives or water containers??? And then live another 6 or more (dep. on when happens) days without this stuff until the expected merge at 10?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-02, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
Maybe the winning tribe gets to into the other's camp and each person take one thing, aside from the tribe's personal things.

It would be hard to believe that at this point they would take any pots or pans, seems silly since they really don't use them all the much, not a lot of cooking.

Rotu has something of value though, which is the snorkeling equipment they won in a challenge, and the covers and pillows. Maraamu has nothing.

Very strange RC.

I also do not think that the tribes will merge, since that would make this last episode useless.

WillyWonka 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WillyWonka Click to send private message to WillyWonka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
I like the idea of raiding the other tribe of a member. At this point original Rotu members dominate both tribes and can eliminate original Maraamu at will. MB may not like the idea of one tribe "throwing" a challenge to eliminate lazy teammates.
What if the RCs for the next 2-3 episodes involve raiding for one of the other tribespeople?
It would throw interesting dynamics into who you might choose -change the dynamics of Tribal Council votes and pressure tribes into not throwing challenges?
Can you imagine if Maraamu won RC, took a Rotu member (Zoe?), and then won IC. Rotu would be down to 6 members after 1 episode and most likely 4 original Rotu to 2 original Maraamu .
If episode 6 included a similar raid with similar results, dynamics would change. It would compel Rotu to reveal alliances that may not be apparent. It might give some hope to some Maraamu and make Survivors play the game in a way they never imagined.
If the merge is not until 9 people it would change the group dynamics every week.

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-02, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
I believe it was that a tribe moves camp at that time. TP reported a merge at 9 members; also note that TP's timeline has been "off" by a couple of days. (Plus, they have not been the most accurate source with some of their info.)

These nine candidates have now teamed up to create one single tribe. Friday December 7, in the morning, the nine survivors merged into one tribe which resides in Hakapaa where it will remain until the end of the game."
Tahiti Presse, December 7, 2001.

copied from here: http://www.truedorktimes.com/s4/factsheet.htm

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
1) Gina comment omitted or foreshadowed?
If someone can compare the vidcap's from that preview of her with vidcaps of her from last episode in similar backdrops/time of day/clothing, then I think omission vs foreshadowing can be deduced.

2) 3 Tribes, 4 each?
I don't sense this, too soon as mentioned after a tribe shake-up. Also, I sense that each season will try to have a new tribe shake-up, so look for that next season.

3) Raid can include a person?
I think the ability to raid and take a person overshadows the significance of nabbing a snorkel or grapefruit, meaning that if this was the case the "nabbing of the person" would happen as the reward right after RC, rather than having them go over to the other camp and do it. Unless... MB wants to let the drama of choosing a person unravel, watching one tribe go back and argue about who to grab is good tribe stress and good tv. If so, then the "raiders" would never actually raid, they would just use the coconut phone to put in their "take-out" order.

BI

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-22-02, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gina "If I Thought You Were A Liability...""
It would be VERY interesting if it could be a person and great thinking whoever thought of it, but could be super devastating to Maraamu. If they lose a person to Reward Challenge, and then lose IC, they'd be down to 2 members to Rotus 9. Just ridiculous. MB must really be fearful of lawsuits to have craziness like that occur, but it would get people talking!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •