The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-20-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Happy 2008 everyone and FINALLY we're in the competition.

I'm a little under the weather this morning, so this may be brief, but there are a few things i truly want to say and share.

I thought this year's crop of guys is the best we've had in a long time. They all did well, some much better than others obviously, but i can't say there was a true stinker in the batch.

Here are my rankings/tiers:

Top Tier
---------
* David Hernandez
* David Archulta
* David Cook
* Michael Johns (squeaks in)

Mid Tier
-----------
* Luke Menard
* Jason Castro
* Danny Noriega
* Colton Berry
* Robbie Carrico

Bottom Tier
-------------
* Jason Yeager
* Garrett Haley
* Chikezie Eze

I would EXPECT Jason and Garrett to go this week, but at this point its truly a crapshoot.

Some thoughts to share...

* I think Luke did A LOT better than the judges gave him credit for. I did not think he was sharp at all, and i felt a lot of emotion in his performance. I don't think he deserved the critique he got.
* David Hernandez could be this year's dark horse. I LOVE his vocals. He deserves to be in this, even with the other "favorites", and Simon's warning at Hollywood.
* Am I the only one already sick and tired of David Archuleta? I'm getting the same vibes from him that i was getting from Jordin last season, and I'm already over him. The "Golly Gee" looks, and all the "I don't know if I'm as good as people tell me", and giggles, and INTENSE PIMPING LAST NIGHT. Shut up, you're on Idol, you can sing, cut the crap. You've won Star Search, and several other competitions. Do you think we're that lame? Uggh. He's going to make this season long and stressful.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts xwraith27 02-20-08 1
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts CattyChat 02-20-08 5
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts fc0004 02-21-08 25
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Iconoclastic 02-20-08 2
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts zombiebaby 02-20-08 3
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts CattyChat 02-20-08 4
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts emydi 02-20-08 6
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Snidget 02-20-08 7
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts bullzeye 02-20-08 8
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Sagebrush Dan 02-20-08 9
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts nailbone 02-20-08 19
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Glow 02-20-08 10
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts geekboy 02-20-08 11
       RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Glow 02-20-08 13
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts SilverStar 02-20-08 12
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Glow 02-20-08 15
       RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts CattyChat 02-20-08 20
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts cahaya 02-20-08 14
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Ahtumbreez 02-20-08 16
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Corvis 02-20-08 17
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts TxMom2011 02-20-08 18
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts cahaya 02-20-08 21
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts buckeyegirl 02-20-08 22
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Das Mole 02-20-08 23
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts agman 02-20-08 24
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts MTW1961 02-21-08 26
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts batts 02-21-08 27
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts mrc 02-21-08 28
 RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts zazzy 02-24-08 29
   RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts iltarion 02-25-08 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-08, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Archuleta (Shop Around) - Like Paris Bennett, I hate his speaking voice, but I love his singing voice. He clearly knows how to work a crowd, but I agree that the giggling may be a bit too much.

2. David Cook (So Happy Together) - I thought parts of it were hard to understand because he seemed to be eating the words, but I love his version of this song.

3. Michael Johns (Light My Fire) - Definitely something I'd listen to on the radio

4. Robbie Carrico (One) - Good, but a bit strained on the higher notes

5. David Hernandez (Till the Midnight Hour) - Great vocals, but a bit too stiff. I felt he was growing roots just standing on the stage.

6. Jason Castro (Daydream) - I wasn't as in love with it as the judges were, but it's probably just me not knowing the song.

7. Chikezie Eze (More Today than Yesterday) - Pretty bad at the lower register at the beginning of the song and never really recovered

8. Jason Yeager (Moon River) - There were times when I thought the band was too loud, and I liked Anwar's version much better than this.

9. Colton Berry (Suspicious Minds) - It was OK. I'll probably forget about this by Thursday

10. Luke Menard (Everybody’s Talking) - Unlike with Colton, it took me no time to forget this performance. The only thing I remember is that he looked like Orlando Bloom.

11. Garrett Haley (Breaking Up is Hard to Do) - I got Kevin Covais vibes from him as soon as he opened his mouth to sing. I didn't think it was too bad, but it was just meh.

12. Danny Noriega (Jailhouse Rock) - He seemed to want to race the band to see who'll finish the song first. Everytime the band speeded up to catch up with him, he'll go even faster. What I do love about him is the mini-tantrum-y face he pulled while Ryan was announcing his number. If my mom sees me with that look, I’d have a large hand-shaped welt on my face a couple of seconds later.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
"and I liked Anwar's version much better than this."

Just have to add a little Anwar love. Thanks, Xwraith, for bringing back some good memories.

fc0004 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-21-08, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fc0004 Click to send private message to fc0004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1) David Cook (So Happy Together) - Props for creativity. Didn't realize how much I liked it until the "recap" at the end of the show - I wanted to hear more.

2) Michael Johns (Light My Fire) - Anyone who channels Jim Morrison can't go wrong in my book. If anything, he was trying to imitate Jim too much. But it still sounded great, and he looked great.

3) Jason Castro (Daydream) - Cutie.

4) Robbie Carrico (One) - I love rockers. Not sure he is one. If he lives up to his image, I will love him.

Everyone else - don't care.

I won't watch if "my" top four get eliminated...

Or at least that's what I say.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-08 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

Impressed me:
Michael Johns - Probably a contender to win it but looks like a ringer
Robbie Carrico - I could get to like this guy

Put in a good first outing:
Chicken-Z - I expected better from him but he didn't suck
David Archulta - HANNAH MONTANA NATION UNITE!!!!

Didn't stand out:
David Hernandez - Sings well but is otherwise unremarkable
David Cook - I expect better of him in the future
Luke Menard - Left me feeling a bit underwhelmed

At least they're different:
Jason Castro - He could be better but I love the dreds
Danny Noriega - I would imagine Vote For The Worst is drooling over this one
Colton Berry - Ellen?!?!? I mean seriously, your hook is Ellen?
Garrett Haley - Awwww, I didn't know Leif Garret had a little sister

Made no impression:
Jason Yeager - *crickets chirping*

edit for spelling

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-08, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Usually I agree with you geekboy but so far we are way off.

1. Micheal Johns- cute, great voice, so far has pretty good musical taste as well.

2. Jason Castro- love the song, loved his version and his stage presence.

3. Robbie Carrico- same as Jason at #2.

4. David Cook- I love the song, his version but his stage mannerisms remind me of Constantine. Swarm coming at ya!

5. Garret Haley- I actually liked him last night. I thought it had a very Donny Osmond, "Puppy Love" vibe.

6. Colton Berry- Didn't love, didn't hate.

7. David Archulta- This guys is sweet. I just did not dig the song and could not get behind his voice.

8. Danny Noriega- Again. Sit. down.

Bottom and irrelevant performances to me. Just got a nothing.

9. David Hernandez
10. Jason Yeager
11. Luke Menard
12. Chikezie Eze

I do agreee about it being a strong male competition this year though.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!

02-20-08, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Thanks for getting this started, GB. For me, AI wouldn't be as good without GB on these boards.

I have been slammed with work since the holidays, so I have to make this really quick.

MY TOP TIER -- MUST HAVES FOR THE SEASON

1. Jason Castro (Daydream) - Where did this guy come from? Darn those AI editors not featuring him during the audtions. I hope lack of pimping doesn't hurt him, because I thought he brought the most "relevant" (obviously word of the season) performance to the stage last night. A couple rough spots in the vocals, but I still thought he was fan-freakin-tastic.

2. Michael Johns (Light My Fire) - Barely edged out of 1st for me. He is great, the entire package for me -- vocals, performance, style and very easy on the eyes . . . . and Aussie accent is a HUGE plus for me.

3. Danny Noriega (Jailhouse Rock) - I already know he has impressive range in his vocals and I really enjoyed his energetic performance last night and I just LOVE his personality. So what if he didn't challenge himself vocally with his performance, he still hit all the notes and was fun to watch. AI always needs someone to add pizzaz to the performances, especially this early when there are so many forgettable performances.

4. David Archuleta (Shop Around) - I really like this kid and he obviously has serious potential and we should be seeing big things from him in the future. Great, consistent vocals, but his performance was a tad blah. I want to see him bring a little more to stage.

ON THE BUBBLE -- I WANT SOMETHING MORE

5. Robbie Carrico (One) - I enjoyed his performance and vocals last night and see serious potential. However, I agree with Simon that I just don't see him as a "rocker." I think he is trying to hard to be something he is not. Maybe he will "find himself" during the competition. I'm curious to see how he develops. He has more stage presence/charisma than David Cook.

6. David Cook (So Happy Together) - He's good and I see a spark of creativity in him, but for me he lacks charisma. If not for the fact that I expect so much from him, he was borderline forgettable for me last night.

7. David Hernandez (Till the Midnight Hour) - I'm surprised one of my pre-show faves is this low. Vocally, like Archuleta, he has the most impressive & consistent vocals. However, he seriously lacks in charisma. He was forgettable and boring last night, IMO.

WON'T MISS THEM WHEN THEY'RE GONE

8. Luke Menard (Everybody’s Talking) - He tops this portion, just because he's very easy on the eyes and likeable.

9. Chikezie Eze (More Today than Yesterday) - I thought his vocals were pretty bad, but maybe it's the colorful suit, because at least he was memorable. *shrug*

10. Jason Yeager (Moon River) - Good, but weak vocals and boring.

11. Garrett Haley (Breaking Up is Hard to Do) - I remember his hair. Just not good. Nice kid, but out of his league this season.

12. Colton Berry (Suspicious Minds) - Simon was right -- they should have taken politician boy instead. Competent but forgettable.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Oh boy did that SUCK. SOrry geekboy I don't see many good ones in the bunch...thank god for DVRs...

what were they thinking only giving them 50 songs to choose from and making it a 60s week...then they lambaste them for not being current UGH!!

This is tough for me bc of the so called "plants" this year...i will tire of them more and more each week

1. Jason Castro-he's a cutie, nice eyes...only one to play instrument which was good. Simon is right...he's got it

2. Michael Johns-Ugh if I have to put up with this pimpage much longer....he was just ok to me

3. Danny--OMH we have another Sanjaya...and he is VFTW's pick...he'll be around for a long time

4. Robbie C-this was ok but I will wait to see when they can choose own song

5. Chickaze-I thought it was better as it went along...I loved him sassing Simon though and I hope he sticks around for another week

6. David A-only bc the others sucked so much more....but I do agree with you geek on being tired of this kid already...but he'll be around just like Jordan and does have a chance at winning it...ugh...Snidge, keep a count on how many times Randy asks him how old he is!!

7. David Cook-meh...he needs to take a bath

8. David Hernandez-meh..I do hope he stays around for another week but he could go

9. Colton-again meh...the Okla Governor should have gotten his spot

10. Luke Menard--totally forgettable like Simon said

11. Jason Yeager-i said UGH as soon as I heard the song choice...it was not good at all imho

12. Leif Garrett-that was bad but VFTW is right...if he was so pale etc why did Simon put him thru to top 24

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
They were all pretty meh for me, not many stand outs either good or bad.

Top Tier

* Jason Castro- at least he had a good time.
* Danny Noriega I know that wasn't his best vocal, but he also had some fun and the sass worked from him.
* Garrett Haley - I'm probably alone in this, maybe because I listened more than watched, but his voice had an ease to it while he was singing I really liked. I hope he gets another week.

Mid tier

* Michael Johns - Yep the accent is cute, but I can hear that performance in any bar here on campus any night of the week.
* David Cook - at least you tried to put some performance into the performance
* Jason Yeager - Could do the crooner thing pretty well, but I need to see the personality, and just having a skunk stripe bleached into your hair doesn't give you personality.
* Robbie Carrico - Cut the hair, put in some blond streaks and be the pop star, the forced rocker thing will get old very soon.
* David Archulta - Hope his voice holds out, and judges please cut the OMG your only 17 sort of carp. We get it, he's jail bait, stop getting so excited about that.
* Luke Menard - cute and didn't do too bad, but needs a lot more energy when he performs or he's toast.
* Colton Berry - At least of the mid tier guys he acted like he wanted to be on the stage and gave it some oomph.

Bottom rungs
* Chikezie Eze - Bad clothes, bad vocals and please don't sass if you can't pull it off.
* David Hernandez - Loosen up a bit and I think he'll be OK. Here because I had to look up his song to remember him at all from last night.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
While I enjoyed most of the performances last night I was not as overwhelmed as I expected to be. That might have been due to the "60's" theme, as someone else suggested that was a tough way to start. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I kept hearing that this was the most talented group ever. I think I will lower my expectations for a while.

1. Robbie Carrico (One) - I really liked this - he made it his own and while he hit a couple of rocky patches, I thought it was the most refreshing performance of the evening.

2. Michael Johns (Light My Fire) - Agree with the judges - great way to end the night. I think I will enjoy his range this year.

T-3. David Archuleta (Shop Around) - This kid is a marketer's dream! Thankfully, I think he can walk the walk.

T-3. David Cook (So Happy Together) - I liked this because I wasn't expecting it, especially at the early stage of the evening. I thin we will see some really interesting performances from him.

5. David Hernandez (Till the Midnight Hour) - I thought it was ok but I give him props for being first - that must have been very difficult.

6. Jason Castro (Daydream) - I liked it, just didn't lvoe it the way the judges did.

7. Luke Menard (Everybody’s Talking) - I think it was more of a cse of a poor song choice than a poor performance. I hope that he gets another chance as I think he has a great voice. Not too hard on the eyes either - I agree with the Orlando Bloom comparison.

8. Danny Noriega (Jailhouse Rock) - A little rocky, but I liked his sass. He even had Simon smiling at the end. Not the best talent wise, but I think he will bring a fun vibe to the competiton.

9. Chikezie Eze (More Today than Yesterday) - Poor song choice, poor warddroobe choice. I hope he takes the critisism to heart for his next performance.

10. Colton Berry (Suspicious Minds) - Safe. He does look like Ellen doesn't he?

T-11. Jason Yeager (Moon River) - I really didn't like anything about this performance. I kept looking around for the cocktail waitress. Another Mai Tai please?

T-11. Garrett Haley (Breaking Up is Hard to Do) - Sorry - that one put me to sleep big time.

Generously crafted by Agman.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Top tier:
All tied for #1 based upon different strengths balancing out individual weaknesses
Jason Castro
David Archuleta
Michael Johns
Robbie Carrico

Middle tier:
David Cook: would need to hear this again, but thought he did a pretty good job.
David Hernanadez: Good opening number, but other performances and the Simon/Paula antics knocked him into the forgettable category
Luke Menard: top tier on looks, bottom tier on performance.
The rest: generic generic generic

Bottom tier:
Colton Berry: Full of himself, lame
Chikezie: Hated that style of singing in the 60s, hate it even more now.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
I'm just gonna vote alongside Dan. I agree top to bottom.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Jason Castro - Really really like this kid. Wasn't sure if I would or not.
2. Michael Johns - my husband and I were waiting for somebody to pull out The Doors. Thank you, Michael. I love listening to him talk. He moves his mouth when he sings like somebody else and I can't think who it is but I like it. Like him. Lots.
3. David Archuletta - I'm not sure I'm crazy about his voice but there's an ease to it that I really appreciate. Love him. (no Jordin vibes for me... ick. I can't believe you said that!)
4. Robbie Carrico - I didn't want to like him because I've been calling him a poseur. Simon read my mind. I did like him though and I may be starting to believe him. Maybe.
5. Danny Noriega - love him. He's fun. The double head snap had me laughing so hard.
6. David Cook - hmm. He's really only up here because the other six were meh. He was only slightly above meh.

Colton Berry
Jason Yeager
Luke Menard (I so want to like him because he has the pretty)
David Hernandez
Chikezie Eze (I so want to like him because I love his name)
Garrett Haley

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Hey Glowie -

sorry we disagree on the vibe, but its DEFINATELY there for me. I don't like the fake humility, and there is definately a 'coached by the parents' vibe that does not sit well with me, just like Jordin.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

02-20-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
awww. I don't get that from him. I hope you're wrong.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Only 3 people really stood out to me last night. Everyone else almost put me to sleep. Really boring night.

1. David Cook-- I loved this. I like the spin he put on the song and I thought he seemed really comfortable on stage.

2. Jason Castro-- My new crush. *swoon* Adorable looks and I thought he did a great job with the song and playing guitar. This performance really made me smile.

3. Colton Berry-- I was expecting to hate this kid (his looks creep me out. I really want him to dye his eyelashes and eyebrows so he doesn't look so albino) but I thought this performance was really fun. I was pleasantly surprised.

Everyone else was so boring and I can't remember much of anything about them. If I had to rank them, I guess...

4. Michael Johns-- Dissapointed that we already heard him sing this in Hollywood week and he did a better job with it then. Didn't think it was as great as the judges.

5. David Archuleta-- Nice kid. The 'gee shucks' thing could get old fast though.

6. Robbie Carrico-- Meh.

7. David Hernandez-- Double meh.

8. Luke Menard-- Cute, but boring.

9. Garret Haley-- Not cute, and boring.

10. Chikezie-- Horrible suit, horrible attitude, cheesy performance.

11. Jason Yeager-- *snooooooooore* I want to dye his hair, too. The skunk look doesn't work.

12. Danny Noriega-- I really like Danny and I'm glad he had fun, but this was a horrible song choice for him. We've seen in his previous auditions that he CAN sing, so why would he choose a song that seemed to be mostly speaking and running around? I did not like it, but I do hope he sticks around.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

02-20-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
oh yeah! You're comment about Chikezie's attitude reminded me that I said, "The Simon bashing is SO old," after his performance. It wasn't all him but his attitude sparked Ryan's ridiculous assyness and kept it going.

Another comment I forgot to make is that Randy's comparisons drive me bat spit crazy. I was sick of the Daughtry comments every time a "rocker" auditioned. Last night he told David Cook he could see him up there with Alice in Chains. ?????!!!!! And if that wasn't enough (which it totally was!) he compared Michael Johns to Michael Hutchence. ?????!!!!! STOP IT, Randy. oy.

02-20-08, 03:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Another comment I forgot to make is that Randy's comparisons drive me bat spit crazy. I was sick of the Daughtry comments every time a "rocker" auditioned. Last night he told David Cook he could see him up there with Alice in Chains. ?????!!!!! And if that wasn't enough (which it totally was!) he compared Michael Johns to Michael Hutchence. ?????!!!!! STOP IT, Randy. oy.

OMG, Glow, I am with you *Randy voice* "A 100 million percent" on that, especially the Hutchence reference. I had to rewind to make sure I heard that right. Seriously, you can't compare ANYONE to Hutchence. Maybe all Aussies look/sound alike to Randy? Randy must be an Aussie-ist.

Agman’s Artistry

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Thanks, geekboy, for hosting, and happy 2008 to you too!

Ok, here goes, with some excerpts from the EC thread:

Top of the Bar

1. Jason Castro: I liked it, clear and easy on the ears although he missed a forgivable few notes. There's a genuineness and ease of character in this guy unlike the others. Thumbs up.

Mid-range

2. David Hernandez: Not bad. It's clear he's almost scared over his head in this element, but he came through nicely. I liked the beginning, although I kind of wondered where it would lead. Good song choice and arrangement, too.

3. Jason Yeager: Nice back story. I find myself liking the guy. Songwise? Good, smooth vocal range, although he picked a tough song to sing. I think Simon went overboard in his criticism of him.

4. Michael Johns: In one evening Simon lowers the bar from 'sings well' (said earlier in the night) to being a 'charismatic singer' (at the end of the night). I like this guy, the song was good but not extraordinary. He didn't really light me up (although, for what it's worth, nobody else did either).

5. Robbie Carrico: Refreshing to listen to after some of the songs we've already heard tonight. Straight up, fun singing, even if his voice might have a limited range. The gals will like him.

6. Garrett Haley: Good stage presence, oozing with a charismatic smile (which Simon seems to have problem with), and the voice wasn't all that bad, especially considering his age of 17.

7. David Cook: I wasn't turned on by his performance (meh for a guy like me). But he made a good effort of it even as the song went along. Partly nerves maybe (hey, he did do a few moves), but he sounds limited in his vocal range and that unpolished quasi-rocker voice will only carry him so far.

Flat

8. David Archuleta: I can't say I liked his performance either, but he's definitely better than Sanjaya was on a good-hair day.

9. Colton Berry: Ok song, likable though not memorable.

10. Luke Menard: Chum for the sharks, yup. I say we color his performance red.

Off-key

11. Chikezie: Although he's got a voice, he made a poor song choice and arrangement as well as poor presentation. The whole color argument afterwards spelt his doom.

12. Danny Noreiga: He couldn't carry the song. I've heard way too many better versions of it. And his weird facial expressions gives me the creeps.

Agman's Muse

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
I really enjoyed lastnight, only a few did I fast forward thru. Lastnight did change my perspective on some.

Top Picks:

Jason Castro Love him, love him, love him. Don't laugh but he makes me think of Vinnie Barbarino (not J. Travolta, but the character of Vinnie ). I love him.

Micheal Johns I like it when he sings, I like it when he speaks. I like him.

David Cook They may be pimping him as from MO but he's been living and singing in Tulsa long enough to be a hometown guy, so I'm rooting for him. (It may be because Alaina is also from Tulsa). And I like his voice and stage presence.

Mid-high Picks:

Luke Menard: I liked his voice.

David Archuleta: Cute the cutsey stuff and you'd be in the top.

Danny Noriega: Would have been in the bottom, but the headsnap had me laughing so hard I rewound it three times just to watch that part

Mid-low Picks:

David Hernandez: I just don't like him, nothing about him. I would buy nor listen to him.

Robbie Carrico: Compared to David Cook and most other rockers that have been on AI I found him lacking.

Chikezie Eze: Doesn't do anything for me.

Bottom of the Barrel Picks:

Colton Berry - of all the male teenyboppers I dislike you almost as much as Leif Garret.

Jason Yeager - Blah

Leif Garrett Haley - Please go home. Please.

Overall I liked lastnight, but it might have been my euphoria that auditions were OVER!

Agman took me to the islands

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
First of all, I totally disagree about David A. I think his shock at being on the stage and people liking him was completely sincere. He was loving the moment and I don't think it was calculated at all like Jordin's was. In fact, I thought he looked a little dorky about the whole thing and will probably look back at that and cringe, not because he was calculating but because he was so completely dorky. Oh and in case you missed it, he is only 17.

Top Five

1) David Archuleta - he has a great voice, a great stage presence, and understands what he's singing. What the point of the song is. Which in the past a lot of younger kids on Idol have not. Not a huge fan of that song, though.

2) Michael Johns - He's a pro. Reminds me of Bo Bice in that sense. Good voice. I look forward to seeing what else he can do.

3) David Cook - He gets points for originality. He took a boring song and made it cool. If he continues to do that, he will get to about the top 6 and get booted and everyone will scream for a recount.

4) Danny Noriega - I don't care if the vocals weren't great. I know he can sing and he's an excellent performer. He's fun to watch.

5) David Hernandez - He started so good. But then it just fell apart. I hope he can get another shot, because he has such great potential.

The mostly forgettable ones:
* Jason Castro - I don't get the love. He wasn't that good in my opinion.
* Robbie Carrico - He was okay. I hope to see what he can do next week.
* Colton Berry - Ditto.
* Jason Yeager - I want him to continue on because of his kid. He wasn't very good at all.

Go away now:
* Luke Menard - he's good looking. That's it.
* Garrett Haley - Too small for this stage.
* Chikezie - Terrible singing. Terrible suit. Terrible talking back.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
GOOD - in no particular order

Danny Ortega - affectionately referrred to as the "Flamer" at our house

David Archuleta - I hope he loses that sugary sweet persona though - its gonna get old fast

David Hernandez - I think he has a great voice but he may lack the personality to go far in the contest

Michael - still a weak performance for someone with his talent and experience

JUST OKAY

Jason Castro - I wasnt impressed but am holding out hope
Luke - the judges were off here - I like his voice
Robbie - just call him "Ace-Lite" - playin the part of a rocker
David Cook - you gotta bring it or you're gonna get lost in the crowd

AWFUL

Colton - the Gov'nor was robbed! This kid is only there hoping for a gig on the next High School Musical

(LEIF) Garrett - who let this kid in? No wonder we haven't seen him, he can't sing and looks like a wet dish rag

Jason Yaeger - horrible song choice. Just horrible. Is he an Osmond? He was definitely channelling Donny last nite - During the end monolouge he was standing behind Ryan grinnin so big I was waiting for the Colgate "clink" and a star. (I've probably been watching too many VH1 reality shows)

Chikezie - hey buddy- your singing sucked worse than your suit (thats some powerful sucking)

------- the only brotha to make it to the top 24 and he shows up in a clown suit singing like a black Sanjaya ..... and then had the NERVE to sass Simon. If he were mine I'd take a switch to him soon as he hit the door.... ---- DANG... that sounded so much like my mama I had to look in the mirror

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Danny Ortega - affectionately referrred to as the "Flamer" at our house

Ortega? Noriega?

Agman's Muse

I hereby dub Danny the "Panama boy".

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-08 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

Thanks for starting this Geekboy. My list is similiar to yours.

Guys whose name I still remember:

Michael Johns-It's the voice accent. (and the fact he's over 18)
Robbie Carrico
David Cook
David Archulta

Guys who were just so-so

Colton Berry
David Hernandez
Jason Yeager

Forgettable:

Chikezie Eze
Garrett Haley
Danny Noriega
Luke Menard

A Kyngsladye Original Kreation

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-20-08, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-08 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

Best:
1 - Jason Castro
2 - Danny Noriega
3 - Michael Johns
4 - David Archuleta

Meh:
5 - Robbie Carrico
6 - David Cook
7 - Colton Berry
8 - David Hernandez

Awful:
9 - Garrett Haley
10 - Chikezie
11 - Jason Yeager
12 - Luke Menard

Comments:

- Jason was the best, even if he had that one pitch problem with the one note at the end. It was a good performance, and I like the people who know how to perform instead of just sing.

- I didn't think Danny's attitude was sooooooo terrrrribly awwwfulll, I think he was just trying to joke around and make light of the criticism to kind of ease the sting of Simon's comments. In fact, I think his b!tchines ought to be amusing since VFTW is gonna be pushing him through for a while.

- Michael and David A are kinda...I dunno. I'm not sure about these ones yet. They're good, but they don't really have that special something that I like contestants to have.

- The rest were all just blah for me. The worst was Luke. His stage presence was awful, he didn't even dress nice, boring, forgettable, I want him to go home more than anyone.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-08, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"

>* I think Luke did A
>LOT better than the judges
>gave him credit for.
>I did not think he
>was sharp at all, and
>i felt a lot of
>emotion in his performance.
>I don't think he deserved
>the critique he got.

>* Am I the only one
>already sick and tired of
>David Archuleta? I'm getting
>the same vibes from him
>that i was getting from
>Jordin last season, and I'm
>already over him. The
>"Golly Gee" looks, and all
>the "I don't know if
>I'm as good as people
>tell me", and giggles, and
>INTENSE PIMPING LAST NIGHT.

I agree with both of these points. I don't think Luke will last too long, but I actually liked him better than Daniel Noriega.....As for David, I think he will get annoying fast with all that "golly gee" stuff.

Sculpted by Tribe

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-21-08, 05:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
I loved "60's night", maybe because I'm so much closer to the sixties than many of you. Here are my thoughts:

David Archuletta - he was flat-out the best performer and best singer of the night. His act will get tiring, like Melinda Doolittle's did last season, but man that kid can sing!

Jason Castro - definitely original and enjoyable. Loved his interpretation of a cool song.

Michael Johns - I start with a biased dislike of him. He's really good looking, seems really cool and has that Australian accent that the ladies love. Blech. But then he sings and he's terrific. His Bohemian Rhapsody was amazing and Light My Fire wasn't far behind. Well done.

David Cook - I liked him. He was pretty good.

Jason Yeager - I actually loved the song choice and the way he sang it. A few pitch problems, but this takes a smooth, beautiful voice and he has one. I appreciated the performance.

David Hernandez - don't remember what he sang, but remember thinking he started the show well.

Luke Menard - love the song. Wasn't too impressed but didn't hate it. I'd like to see him again next week.

Danny Noriega - He just annoys me but I liked his voice.

Robbie Carrico - I was surprised people liked him. I thought his voice was weak and his performance was karaoke. Completely unoriginal and boring. And I love the song he sang.

Colton Berry - loved the song. Wouldn't bother me a bit if he went home this week.

Chikezie Eze - Same with him

Garrett Haley - he sounded scared and his voice sounded whiny. I hope he doesn't come back. Nice kid, though.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-21-08, 05:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
I really liked a few of the guys.

David Archuleta was very good, and... has a good chance of winning with all his youtube video's of him in his church singing specials.

I liked Danny Noriega, and David Hernandez somewhat.

Jason Yeager has that 'Spinner' look. How many of you guys get a Degrassi, grown up Spinner vibe ... from Jason Y?

The ones I did not care for were
Luke Menard
Chikezie
and David Cook .... well, he's just funny looking...
.... ... and some of my opinions might change as I have only watched 2 weeks worth of A I so far this year...

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-08, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Micheal Johns
2. Jason Castro
3. Robbie Carrico
4. Colton Berry
5. David Archulta
6. Danny Noriega
7. David Hernandez
8. Jason Yeager
9. David Cook
10. Luke Menard
11. Garret Haley
12. Chikezie Eze

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-24-08, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Grouped but not ranked:

Guys I like--imo these 5 will be in the final top 10 or 12:

David A: cutie, was it the best song for him? Got the pimpage from judges

David C: comfortable on stage; wailed a bit, though

Jason C: at ease with his performance; brought the audience along

Robbie C: Bo Bice lite; had good crowd reaction

Michael J: has stage presence; Bo Bice-ish; can deliver a song

Middling:

Luke: Kenny Loggins lite; absolutely zero support from the judges; likely won't make it to the top 12 or top 10 without some positives from the judges

Just No:

David H: so many others I like better

Jason Y : cheesy

Chiki: so much to work on

Danny N: marginal but ended better than the beginning; his attitude alone may carry him into the top 12 or 10; he is the VFTW's pick, too. That will help him stay afloat.

Garrett: sang through his nose (was booted)

Colton: sang like a cruise ship performer (was booted)

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-08, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Top 12 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-08 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

1. Michael Johns - Maybe best all-around male performer AI has ever had. Oozes that almost mystic sensual charisma that screams Jim Morrison and Michael Hutchins, both reasonable comparisons.
2. Jason Castro - Surprise of the night for me. Almost unfair to have one guy play an instrument while no one else does, but his performance was amazing. Don't get the dreads though.
3. Robbie C - Stuck to the original version of the song and did it very well. Was also a brave song to do. He is the only rocker of the guys, which should get him thru for a while.
4. David A - Amazing singer but overpropped by the judges. Typical for his age, he sings with no emotion. Reminds me of McPhee without the hotness. Yes, good performance during a mediocre night, but not memorable for me, and apparently no one else noticed he hiccuped before the last note.
5. David C - Strong performance with just good vocals. I absolutely love that song (Happy Together), and I didn't appreciate the fact that he messed with the melody of the verses. Kept chorus the same though, which I appreciated. Good job.
6. Luke - Like Castro, he did something different and pulled it off fairly well. Like most of the night though, it was simply mediocre for me. Was sharper than the normal key, but that's his voice.
7. Jason Y - Actually sang quite well. The problem is he chose one of the most boring songs of all-time. That song was only covered in the 60's and actually dates back a lot farther than that. If you want to be forgotten, and put people asleep, sing that song.
8. David H - Would be higher because singing wasn't that bad, but his performance was completely wooden. Going first didn't help.
9. Garrett - Looked scary and sang mediocre. Not a good combo.
10. Chiki - Took a pretty good song and turned it into a bore. Don't care how he was dressed and singing was ok, but just boring.
11. Colton - Dude is singing Suspicious Minds, and he is smiling and winking the entire time. Dude, have you actually ever listened to the words of the song? Horrible performance.
12. Danny N - HORRIBLE song choice! He proved he could sing the doors off in Hollywood. So, one of the most testosterone-deficient guys on the planet chooses to perform not just an Elvis tune, but the testosterone anthem, Jail House Rock. I agree with Simon whole-heartedly- grotesque. If those nazis, VFTW, get behind this guy, then at least they picked someone who can sing.

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •