The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bob the new Bachelor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bob the new Bachelor"
According to ET Online Bob from The Bachelorette is going to be the new Bachelor. I really liked him (personality says a lot about a person) but do you really think he is the bachelor type, look at the previous bachelors. What does everyone think?

Here is the site...

http://www.etonline.com/television/a15821.htm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor Femme 05-13-03 1
   RE: Bob the new Bachelor tig_ger 05-13-03 3
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor Loree 05-13-03 2
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor rilond 05-13-03 4
   RE: Bob the new Bachelor jewelz10 05-13-03 7
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor survivorscott 05-13-03 5
   RE: Bob the new Bachelor Femme 05-13-03 8
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor SurvivinDawg 05-13-03 6
 Mixed emotions realitybites 05-13-03 9
   RE: Mixed emotions SurvivinDawg 05-13-03 10
       RE: Mixed emotions jewelz10 05-14-03 16
 We have an insider here.... HobbsofMI 05-13-03 11
   RE: We have an insider here.... HobbsofMI 05-14-03 14
       RE: We have an insider here.... Femme 05-14-03 15
       RE: We have an insider here.... HobbsofMI 05-14-03 18
           RE: We have an insider here.... tig_ger 05-14-03 19
           RE: We have an insider here.... SurvivinDawg 05-15-03 20
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor DebCapsFan 05-14-03 12
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor greeneyes 05-14-03 13
 RE: Bob the new Bachelor KScott 05-14-03 17
   RE: Bob the new Bachelor jeannemarie97 05-18-03 21
       RE: Bob the new Bachelor triednottowatch 05-19-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-13-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Oh wow! I so want to try out now! I wonder if my husband would be mad?

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-13-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Oh wow! I so want to try out now! I wonder if my husband would be mad?

LOL! Oh, to be single again! I really really really liked Bob even before I saw the slim version.

A Kyngsladye Original

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
I'm not too thrilled with this news. I am already sick of Bob. I don't think I want to see a season of him and women.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
I think so.

I "honestly" feel that Andrew was the only bachelor type out of the 3-shows.

I also believe Bob is looking for a permanent committment/love/marriage. He was not trying to break into show business so to say. The audience will watch him to see what types of females they have lined up for him. They will be critical of the girls because they truly love/like Bob. They do not want him to pick the wrong girl.

jewelz10 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jewelz10 Click to send private message to jewelz10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Andrew is only a marketing tool!
http://www.andrewfirestone.com/meet_andrew.html
This is a website for Firestone Wine, looks like they are selling Andrew.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
BOB the batchelor!
Can he date them? YES HE CAN!

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

05-13-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
How sad is it that I thought the same thing. Thank you, sscott; you're cracking me up.

Femme

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
I'm not surprised by this news.

Bob was popular with viewers, and he probably would really use the process to find a woman to love and marry. Let's see how things work out.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Mixed emotions"
I enjoyed what I saw of Bob on "The Bachelorette". He's a kind and funny guy who deserves all the love and happiness he can get.

But... why does he need this show? I saw dozens and dozens of women who had fallen for him on this and other boards. Wouldn't he rather date one of them privately than dealing with Chris and company again? Guess not.

05-13-03, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mixed emotions"
"Money talks; bull$#!+ runs the marathon."

Ol' Bob is NOT going to turn down the opportunity to go through this process on the rose-giving end. Not only might he find a wife, he gets to go on hot dates with hot babes at the network's expense! He'd kick himself if he *didn't* do it.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

jewelz10 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jewelz10 Click to send private message to jewelz10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mixed emotions"
And don't forget - all the free booze he can drink!

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "We have an insider here...."
When Bob was on the Bachelorette I got to see where Bob lived due to all the TV trucks....Only about 4 blocks north of me in Ferndale, Michigan!!

Do we know when the shooting will be and I'll try to keep an eye out for the final two is in town.

05-14-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: We have an insider here...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-03 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

Ok.....inside info....Bob was on WRIF and said that filming will start around the second week of June and air this fall. He sounded like he turned them down about 1000 times before he said yes. Are they that desperate to pick this show up from Andrew? YEP! From the way he was talking and Drew and Mike joking with him, he did not sound like he was really looking to settle down. He has been enjoying all the attention and all the woman that he has been getting. They were trying to get him to promise not to get into all the emotions and how he was feeling on the show....DON'T BE A WUSS....lol.... Bob was as funny as ever and I think they raised a good point that he is not ready to get married.

05-14-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: We have an insider here...."
Neat! You will have to keep us posted. I wonder, then, why he finally agreed to be on the show. Hmmm...

Femme

05-14-03, 11:32 PM (EST)
18. "RE: We have an insider here...."
Bob was on Channel 7 and there was more scoop.....

Bob said that there will be some changes in the format to the show and that is the only reason why he would do it. The goal will not be a marriage proposal but someone who he can have a relationship with and see where it leads after the camera is gone. There will be other changes but he said he could not go into them. His mother said that him being divorced, a mortgage banker and normal guy will make the show different and she just wants him to be happy (Mother lives in Riverview, downriver community). Good info for me cause I have friends down there. So this will be a whole new ball game.

Now we know why he said no for so long and then yes. Wonder what Bob would demained changed besides the proposal?

I don't know if I should start a new thread or just continue to add to this one.

As I hear more info on changes and such I'll let you all know.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: We have an insider here...."
Excellent. Can I say now that I know somebody who lives near Bob?

Keep us posted with all info, no matter how small. (I have no life, other than living my life vicariously through others via reality TV!)

A Kyngsladye Original

05-15-03, 08:07 AM (EST)
20. "RE: We have an insider here...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-03 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

Here are my thoughts for possible changes. Changes that I would like to see, at least:

1) Instead of 25 women that he hardly has time to meet, maybe there will be fewer.

2) Instead of going from 10 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1, (as The Bachelorette did), it might go more like 10-6-4-2-1. This way, there is no lone bootee. As y'all might remember, I suggested during The Bachelorette that Trista didn't keep Bob for the Final Four because she knew the next vote would single out one loser, so she spared Bob (whom she liked) that humiliation. Bob may be aware of this, and asked for that change, so that one girl isn't eliminated (until the very end, of course).

3) More one-on-one time with more girls. This has always been a problem in this show: some don't get much time one-on-one time.

4) Better dates. More hot tubs sounds just fine.

What are y'all's ideas?

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Bob is awesome. I hope he doesn't pick someone the American public hates... cause I bet they all want him to end up with a nice girl.

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-03, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Well, this is not a rumor any longer. It is confirmed.

Just saw Diane Sawyer interviewing Bob on GMA a few minutes ago.

It will definitely be a different Bachelor with Bob. He was joking about hot tub scenes every 5 minutes, and that only the cattiest girls should apply.

I wasn't a big Bob fan before, but I'm looking forward to season 4 now.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Do you think he will have some of his buds that were on the show with him come to "The Pad" and talk with the girls and tell him which ones to pick like Andy's friends did? I don;t know how whitty Bob will be without all the guys there to joke with, drink with, etc. I think we will see a different side of Bob this go round.

jeannemarie97 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-18-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeannemarie97 Click to send private message to jeannemarie97 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
I did not see the "Bachelorette" so I don't know anything about Bob but he seems to be a really great pick from everything I'm reading. Since he is divorced, will divorced women be allowed to be participants do you think?

Also, since he is not all that physically attractive, will the women also be just average looking or will they all be expected to be beautiful as though only beautiful women need apply?

I've already posted these questions on Chris Harrison's web site; it's the first time I've asked him a question. It will be interesting to see his response. What do you think?

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bob the new Bachelor"
Keep us posted, (ha, pun intended, i guess) on Chris's response if you get any. I don't know about a full season of Bob, but I would be interested to know if they are going to pick some average-looking women.

Of course a few of the women in Andrew's group were average-looking AT BEST.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •