The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"spring fashion - discuss. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"spring fashion - discuss. "
so I went to the mall this weekend prepared to drop some money on new work type clothes. I hate everything I own these days and have a big meeting deal on Thursday and wanted something pretty and new to wear to it.

I tried on so much crap and didn't buy one single thing. I hate the clothes that are out right now! The shrugs that come just below the boobs?- way to accentuate my tummy poochy. The pleated tiered skirts? Yeah those are slimming. The guachos? Um, no. Tunics? um, hell no.

what have y'all bought lately?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. Coconut 02-27-06 1
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. ginger 02-27-06 2
       RE: spring fashion - discuss. Lisapooh 02-27-06 3
           RE: spring fashion - discuss. Coconut 02-27-06 6
           RE: spring fashion - discuss. ginger 02-27-06 7
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. buckeyegirl 02-27-06 4
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. dragonflies 02-28-06 18
       RE: spring fashion - discuss. J Slice 02-28-06 21
 OMH! AugustGirl 02-27-06 5
   RE: OMH! Glow 02-27-06 8
       RE: OMH! Lisapooh 02-27-06 9
           RE: OMH! ginger 02-27-06 10
 spring fashion - Mutiny Jep 02-27-06 11
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. skye 02-27-06 12
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. ginger 02-27-06 13
       ARGH... Jep 02-28-06 16
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. Lasann 02-27-06 14
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. ginger 02-28-06 22
       RE: spring fashion - discuss. Lasann 02-28-06 25
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. dangerkitty 02-27-06 15
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. Lisapooh 02-28-06 17
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. mtopaz 02-28-06 19
 RE: spring fashion - discuss. J Slice 02-28-06 20
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. ginger 02-28-06 23
       RE: spring fashion - discuss. J Slice 02-28-06 24
   RE: spring fashion - discuss. Lasann 02-28-06 26
       RE: spring fashion - discuss. J Slice 02-28-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Pooh!

I was just so excited to get out last week that I didn't really make a huge note of what was out. I did see those shrugs, but dismissed them as wildly impractical. Foofy skirts make me think eighties long time, and I am ashamed to admit that I don't even know what gauchos look like. Are they like capris?

I bought three pairs of straight-leg pants,one in denim and two in twill. I'm not buying any new shirts until I stop leaking like a deranged dairy cow.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I'm sure you are leaking like an erudite, charming, leaky dairy cow.

Gouchos are glorified skorts. They are hideous, even on the lithe and lovely ladies of our accountign department, all of whom are under 25.

I don't really care for spring stuff that much. I like autumn stuff on clearance.

"If you believe that the right of a fetus to be born is more important than any right the woman carrying the child might have, but do not believe in making sure that every child has access to adequate health care, education, or any of the other basic needs an individual requires to become a functioning, capable, productive member of society, then you are NOT pro-life. You’re just pro-birth." -- Devious Weasel

02-27-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
the visual evidence...

and on someone of the freakishly tall variety like myself, they look like glorified bermuda shorts. we have so many chic little things working here, and even they look ridiculous in them.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Pooh! Ginger! *smooch smooch* How ARE you?

Okay, gauchos? very ugly. I can't even begin to tell you how hideous they would look on me.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

02-27-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
They were incredibly unflattering in the 70s, and went away quickly. I think they're out again this season because someone showed a pair as a joke, and no one got it.

The modified pouf skirt is tragic, as well. Again, unflattering on even the Klumiest of women.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "

I hate the goucho style pants-they are way in out here...I also hate those flood type jeans where the cuff is rolled up about a foot high. Tried a pair on and they just looked silly to me.

A fabulous Kyngsladye Kreation and an awesome IceCat Bouncy!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I agree about the high waters BEG. Just can't see myself wearing them. Although they seem to look ok on really slim girls.

siggie by syren

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
High-waters actually look surprisingly good on me, a wide-hipped very-short-legged girl.

Well... they're usually capri pants for anyone else, but when I put 'em on... they're flood pants. Grr.

Still, I usually can look quite cute.

Home is where I want to be/But I guess I'm already there

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "OMH!"
Thank you, thank you, thank you Pooh, for confirming the hideousness that is gouchos. *shudder* I hate those things. Butt ugly, that's what they are.

I haven't bought anything lately because I don't like anything in the stores. Well, that and the fact I'm trying to be good and stay on a budget.

It's an Arkie!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: OMH!"
I actually think the picture up there *points to gaucho picture* looks pretty okay. Would I wear them? umm, no.

I refuse to buy clothes until I lose weight. Even when I do, I will not buy these silly faddy fashions.

02-27-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: OMH!"
they just look silly to me in the winter with boots. I'm all about capris in the summer because my pants always look too short anyway.

I just don't think they flatter any body type.

Everything in the stores right now makes me look like a balloon with feet.

02-27-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
10. "RE: OMH!"
Seriously. The woman in accounting has a model's bod. And she still looks stoopid in gouchos.

Glow, your hair looks fab, BTW.

Would SO MUCH RATHER be sitting down, IRL, with the ladies on this particular thresd right now than at work.

*sighs*

Jep 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jep Click to send private message to Jep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "spring fashion - Mutiny"
I went out and bought a few spring pieces two weekends ago. The specifics about the pieces aren't important because my issue is with the fvcking mirrors in these stores.

Why is it that my rear end looks like a size three in the store? Yet when I get home, reality hits. It turns out that my size-XXL butt makes the *allegedly* ultra fab pants look like panties that while drunk, cross bread with a bloomer to make a mockery out of my behind?

I am staging a riot, and demanding that the mirrors be replaced with irl mirrors - or demand that EVERYONE in the universe be forced to don a pair of size three glasses.

FTR - no size three mirror will even make gouchos look good. Maybe someone in the fashion industry lost a bet and were compelled to bring forth the goucho... *UGH*

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-27-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
The cutest wedge heels that tie around the ankle.

(I'm getting a whole bunch of new stuff soon ... because I'm going to be able to fit into my summer wardrobe from 3 years ago in another 2 months.)

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." G.W. Bush

02-27-06, 06:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I guess it's age. I find "cutest" and "wedge heels" to be mutually exclusive.

Jep, I have the opposite problem. I am always amazed at how UNflattering dressing room light can be. If I ran a boutique, the lighting would be pink, and diffused, and the mirrors would be hung so that they were slightly closer to the observer at the bottom than the top, so they'd elongate everyone.

"If you believe that the right of a fetus to be born is more important than any right the woman carrying the child might have, but do not believe in making sure that every child has access to adequate health care, education, or any of the other basic needs an individual requires to become a functioning, capable, productive member of society, then you are NOT pro-life. You’re just pro-birth." -- Devious Weasel

Jep 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-28-06, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jep Click to send private message to Jep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "ARGH..."
OMH!!! I am now uber concerned

If the mirrors are unflattering in the store... And I think I look better there than at home, then, than must make me hideously fugly!

SNORT.... lmao

bad, bad, sad day...

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-27-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I'll take a picture of me in my guachos and post it so you can see how flattering they are. Seriously, I do have a pair. The legs are much fuller and it looks like a skirt most of the time.

02-28-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Yes. Hence the "skort" nickname.

Actually, I saw Joyce of TAR's Uchenna and Joyce on "How Do I Look?" last night and she looked kind of okay in gouchos and boots. Woman weighs about 16 lbs.

But I still say, why not wear the pretty skirt? Death to gouchos!

02-28-06, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Basically I like the gouchos because I don't sit very lady-like.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-27-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I don't know if qualifies as spring fashion - but - what is it with all stretch, all the time with jeans? What happened to good old-fashioned denim sans spandex, fer cryin' out loud? Every pair of jeans I pick up feels like a leotard.

That said, I bought a fabulous pair of jeans at Lucky, as of right now they are my favorite pair ever. They supposedly have 4% lycra, but I thought they were regular denim. (I have a pair of DKNY that say they are only 2% spandex, but they are WAAAY stretchy compared to these.)

Anyway, I stepped into the store and immediately wanted to step out, thought I might be 15-20 years past the allowable age to enter. But the cute little salesgirl knew just what I wanted when I described it, and guess what - I needed a size smaller than I expected! Now, I'm not one to get hung up on size (*wink*), but I'll admit, it makes them even more fun to wear.

Lucky Easy Rider dark wash. For my fellow freakishly tall gals - I took a Long Length, and they do have EXTRA Long (I might have gotten those if they'd had them in my size, but the Long works just fine.)

What?

02-28-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
17. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
holy shit! there's a dangerkitty amongst us!!!

where have you been?!?!?!?!?!?

it's so good to see you here! I missed you the most!

xoxo the great entity of the thread.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
The guachos?

I wore gauchos in junior high, for gawd's sake, and they were stupid-looking then. No way am I falling for this particular "fashion don't" twice.

I have been doing my recent shopping on-line, at Coldwater Creek. I bought a pair of ottoman knit black pants that I absolutely love. They are comfortable and look dressy at the same time. I wear a lot of shell tops with a raw silk jacket, or pretty blousy top over them.

As to the shrugs - I think they are cute, on a preteen with teensy tiny oobies. On someone like me, who is a little more endowed, I think it looks tacky. I do like the cross-over tops, or wrap fronts.

Sig pic by JSlice

02-28-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I need more tank tops in pastels... powder blue or pistachio. I love how I look in those colors.

I'll be happy when I can wear my slaps every day... 60s... ah, late march.

02-28-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
23. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Camis and tanks. You can never have enough.

Hey, cutie!

02-28-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
24. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
I wear tank tops year-round (TMI: I have absurdly sweaty underarms, for some unknown reason. pit-circles? not fun)

Really tired and sad, to be honest.

02-28-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
26. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Tank tops - pshaw. I wish I could wear tank tops. Have you ever seen huge oobies in a tank top.

That's why I always wanted a oobie reduction - so I can wear tank tops. On this same topic, how do these women who get huge breast enlargments find clothes to fit both the huge oobies and the small everything else. I'm not that small but if I buy tops to fit the oobies they are so large that I look pregnant. I bought a top the other day to wear under sweaters and when I got it home (no I don't try on clothes at the store-it creeps me out) the arm hole would have fit a pro wrestler.

02-28-06, 08:27 PM (EST)
27. "RE: spring fashion - discuss. "
Heh... just like when I buy jeans... hence why all my jeans have 4" cuffs.

I'm admittedly vain when it comes to my upper body. Fencing and swimming kept me lean, and additional lifting and rowing has given me very visible biceps and triceps, huge shoulder muscles, and an ability to look kinda cute in tanks

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •