The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-28-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
The only similarities I see is that they are both heavy and have/had tumors...so why the h*ell is IV telling Jill she has a problem with Allison because she is her "mirror"???

Jill is heavy but is put on a Jenny Craig program and shamed for eating a few snacks...Allison gets a free tummy tuck thrown in with her surgery & is allowed to gulp glasses of calorie-laden wine.

Jill has health issues...the tumor, had a stroke, is blind in one eye, but is not given "Favorite Victim" status. Jill is practically told she caused her own tumor...more shame piled on Jill. For Allison, "THE" cancer is her free pass card on EVERYTHING.

Jill is forced to carry heavy baggage around day after day, but Allison's "muu-muu assignment" is over in the blink of an eye...

IV is always implying Jill is not working hard enough, but Miss Allison gets to stagnate or even regress, and it's great progress.

What is going on here??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? wallace 11-28-05 1
   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? snowflake2 11-28-05 2
       RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? quiller 11-28-05 3
           RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? DeniseH52 11-29-05 15
               RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? Bebo 11-29-05 17
 Life is clearly not fair Angela1928 11-28-05 4
   RE: Life is clearly not fair newgirl1 11-28-05 5
 RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? minnie3 11-28-05 6
   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? LisaPles 11-29-05 7
 RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? smokin 11-29-05 8
   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? sgirl 11-29-05 9
   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? sowhat 11-29-05 10
   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? divawahine 11-29-05 11
   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? Labyrinth 11-29-05 12
       RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? angiece 11-29-05 13
           RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? Labyrinth 11-29-05 14
               RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? DachsieMom 11-29-05 16
                   RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? Labyrinth 11-29-05 18
                       RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? DachsieMom 11-29-05 19
                           RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? angiece 11-29-05 20
                               RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? JoeyGirl 11-29-05 21
           RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison?? flower2 11-29-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wallace 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-28-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wallace Click to send private message to wallace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"

They mirror each other because they both don't fully appreciate who they are because of the shame they have about their bodies, and the health problems associated with them.

I agree with your opinion about Allison's issues being left to repeat while Jill has been pushed in more immediate challenges. I think that Iyanla's tirade with Allison a few shows ago was necessary, but the powerful message and powerful delivery seemed to die out too quickly. She and Iyanla went straight back to their friendly relationship and Allison turned into a little kid saying Iyanla had scared her and Iyanla made light of it. I think Allison needs a dose of someone's unabashed disgust - someone who isn't going to fall for her smile, and wach her act, or get sucked into her excuses and pity-plees. She should be fighting for herself and she is not.
We've all had moments, or weeks of just feeling lousey, but there comes a time when we just look at ourselves realistically and say what the hell happened to me, this is pathetic, and change.
I agree with you that Allison has the privilage of staying in the same rut while being seen as having progressed...when really she hasn't...

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-28-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
If I were Jill, I would've taken the "mirroring" comment as an INSULT and I would've told IV so.

Right about now, I'd love to see Allison getting that baggage assignment Jill had to do.

quiller 268 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-28-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quiller Click to send private message to quiller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Doesn't she have that assignment with that big bag of makeup she hauls around?

So true, Allison is allowed most anything, and Jill is constantly getting called on not working hard enough. Everytime we see Iyanla working with Jill, she is getting blamed for not taking care of herself. While I agree it is unfortunate that the fibroid was allowed to get so large, it is hardly an indictable offence (despite that totally ridiculous indictment on today's show! - don't even get me started on that). However, Allison is allowed to keep drinking and no one says anything to her about that. There is so much favoritism by the LC's, I can't stand it.

DeniseH52 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeniseH52 Click to send private message to DeniseH52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Wow, you find it so easy to pass judgement on Allison. I just wonder if you had to face the challenges that Allison has: Abuse, self-abuse, cancer, pre-cancerous removal of both your remaining breast and ovaries.

I would wager that you have no idea what impact losing those parts of you that society considers "womanly" parts has on one's psyche.

If you haven't been there...don't be so quick to judge.

Denise

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Bashing houseguests and the show is permitted here. Criticizing posters for doing so is not.

Angela1928 229 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angela1928 Click to send private message to Angela1928 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Life is clearly not fair"
Life is clearly not fair, Jill never hears the end of her 5 pound gain.

Meanwhile Allison can guzzle down gigantic cups of wine every single night and Iyanla lets that slide.

I have to commend Lisa on one thing, I loved it when Lisa asked Allison (last Friday), "Allison, are you going to give up alcohol for your birthday?"

Of course the bottom line is that Allison is Iyanla's pet and therefore can do no wrong and is never held accountable.

newgirl1 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-28-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newgirl1 Click to send private message to newgirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Life is clearly not fair"
You are so right. I feel like Iyanla has always treated Aliison more gingerly that the other people she works with.

minnie3 216 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minnie3 Click to send private message to minnie3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-05 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

How can Jill mirror Allison when she says, Don't Steal My Thunder?

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-29-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
I think Jill was annoyed at being told she "mirrored" Allison, but I'm sure she didn't say anything for fear that Iyanla would continue to make an example out of her! Other than the fact that they are both overweight, I fail to see how they mirror one another.
I think it's wrong that Iyanla is fueling Allison's victim status by creating drama with the houseguests!

Also, how are they supposed to get over the fact that they are insecure about being overweight when Iyanla is constantly berrating them for it!

smokin 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokin Click to send private message to smokin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Let not minimize these two similiarities...These two women have A LOT in common.

sgirl 12 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sgirl Click to send private message to sgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
They do have a lot in common in regards to body image, health, not being married and having no kids. However, as sensitive as Allison is she has not reached out to Jill. I have to wonder if there is something she sees that we don't. Jill initially seemed like the bad girl with a bad past - shoplifting, gossiping talk show host, sleeping with a married man, etc.

Though Jill is doing work, there may still be traits that push Allison away and attracts TJ. TJ, who I feel is a complete loud mouth and who has no restraint.

I do agree with Allison not being called out on a lot of things. We'll have to see how this all pans out.

sowhat 251 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sowhat Click to send private message to sowhat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Jill won't give up her cigs and Allison won't give up her whine.

divawahine 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-29-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail divawahine Click to send private message to divawahine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
>Let not minimize these two similiarities...These
>two women have A LOT
>in common.

I agree absolutely!!! Thank you!

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-29-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
I agree completely - they have much in common and that is why they both dislike each other!!

Both are overweight
Both have image problems
Both have problems forming healthy and long relationships with men
Both have clinging mothers
Both have ignored issues in their life (lalalalala will go away if I don't think of it)

and so much more.

However, there are others that are mirrors in the house as well and what is sad is that no one is learning from their "mirror" but just gossip about how much they detest each other. *sigh*

Personally, I'm GLAD that IV is riding Jill's A** and making her do it right -- it is Allison that is not learning a damn thing through IV being soft on her. I would much prefer Jill gets what she personally needs and moves on with the best in life and if that means IV being rough with her and making her stick to a diet and get her future surgery paid for so be it!

angiece 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angiece Click to send private message to angiece Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-05 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

Given that they do have a lot of similarites - why is Iyanla so much softer with Allison? Is it because she just likes her? Is it because this is Allison's second visit to the household? (Doesn't that mean you can be tougher with her?) I don't get it. I remember way back when, though, when IV explained to Towanda, Jennifer and Kim that an A to Josie was different than an A to one of them. Different life circumstances, different hole to climb out of - moreless justified double standardism. But she also made herself out to be that tough teacher - the one that you hate at the time, but later realize helped you the most.

Either way: definitely being too soft on Allison (the mumu outfit was a joke - did you notice how even though Allison wore it later - she wore it WITH makeup? Not exactly the point.)

11-29-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
I think Allison is very vulnerable - Jill can take it and come back for more. And it is one of the things I admire and like about Jill.

JMO but I get the feeling that Jill has lived a more normal life then Allison and that is why she is making so much more progress - she is reverting more to what she already knows and should be doing vs. Allison has always coped with "not being authentic".

Like Lisa, Allison changing her live will mean changing the bedrock upon which it stands. A very difficult task, if not impossible unless highly motivated. Being near death doesn't seem to have motivated Allison enough so I can't say where the turning point is for her - if she even has one.

DachsieMom 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DachsieMom Click to send private message to DachsieMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Just because someone is a lot like another person doesn't mean they have to be friends or mirror each other. Ugh, and just why is it all up to Jill? Why hasn't Allison been held accountable in all this. "Don't steal my thunder," oh yeah that is real supportive and helpful. Jill had just found out some really bad news and Allison wasn't there for her so why should Jill be there for Allison? Jill is working and growing so to say she is a mirror of Allison isn't true and rather a slap in Jill's face, IMO.

11-29-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
I think you mis read my post - I am not supporting this attitude in the house at all. It's one of the reasons why I rarely watch anymore. However, in the long run it will be Jill who will grow and not Allison all due to the differences within the women's core personalities.

I think it's a shame that Jill is getting shafted, while Allison gets off scot-free. But it is no favor to Allison as we are all seeing (is she changing, no? is she becoming more empathic to others? is she healing herself??). Yes, Allison is going to walk away from SO in the same way she entered the door: self-centered, egotistical, and gossipy with no boo-boo or fulfilling job.

She is to be pited at this point.

DachsieMom 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DachsieMom Click to send private message to DachsieMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
Labyrinth I am in agreement with you. It's just so maddening when all the blame is placed on Jill when Allison has just as much or more responiblity to step up to the plate here. Once again UGGGGGGGG!! And you are also correct that Allison is not going to be better off because she isn't being pushed but world watch out for Jill. She's gonna take off.

angiece 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angiece Click to send private message to angiece Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-05 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

In one of the other threads I questioned if there was anybody in the house who mirrored TJ (I wondered if that is why nobody gets along with her,) but now I wonder if everybody has a mirror.

Think about it:

Allison and Jill - both have weight problems, substance abuse problems (cigarettes vs. alcohol,) and mother problems. But they are both handling a different way and are receiving different treatment from IV. (oops forgot health issues, of course.)

Lisa and Jessica - both are emmeshed with their parents. Lisa set herself up to have no life without her parents support - Jessica said that she couldn't dream about the future now that her mom was gone (her mom was going to be that significant a part of her "adult" future?) Lisa has tied herself to her parents and seemingly has no friends - Jessica said that her mother took care of so much of her emotional needs that she didn't need friends. Once again, just different ways of behaving about it and different treatments.

TJ and Christina - both quit high school their senior year - one because she thought she was dumb, the other because she was dumb (sorry couldn't help it.) Both are or have been married. Both have run their own business and financially seem well capable of taking care of themselves (remember TJ's picture with the checkbook at her wedding?) although with questionable skills and job descriptions. Once again, different ways of behaving about it - in your face truth vs. manipulative lying. Different treatment.

Hmmmm.

JoeyGirl 9 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeyGirl Click to send private message to JoeyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
I believe that Allison mirrors Lisa. Both are babyed too much by one of their parents (Lisa her dad, Ally her mom). Both make baby faces and flirt when things go wrong. I believe Jill mirrors TJ because both do not know when to keep their mouths close and they disconnect when the going gets tough. Christina and Jessica mirror because they are both young and they have to learn to move from the past (Christina stripping, and Jessica's mom's death) Both have to look at the past and correct what they can to move on. That is my take on the mirror issue.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: How is Jill Mirroring Allison??"
I could be wrong but I think the reason IV is "softer" on her pet Allison, is because of the cancer connection. It seems that IV blames Jill for the tumor becoming larger and not addressing it. Why??? I still can't figure it out because having a tumor doesn't necessarily mean it will grow and Jill was told with the first surgery that it was unsafe to remove. In Allison's case, she did absolutely nothing to inflict the disease of cancer on herself.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •