The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-02, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
Just wanted to clarify what is becoming a popular misconception amongst several posters.

The episode title for the next ep is "The Winds Twist"!

Yet, by some perverted game of telephone several posters have been stating incorrectly that the title is "A Change in the Wind".

It may not seem like a big deal, but there IS an implied difference in the two titles. "Twist" obviously brings back memories of the twist from Africa, whereas a "change" can simply mean that the fortunes of Marlboro turn around. Obviously, there is a difference between the two sentences so I wanted to point that out before more people get led down the ever widening incorrect path.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ***** tribephyl 03-14-02 1
   RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ***** Kokoro 03-14-02 2
 RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ***** Tatina 03-15-02 3
   RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ***** SurvivinDawg 03-15-02 4
       RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ***** Tatina 03-15-02 5
 RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ***** TheWanderer 03-15-02 6
 Locking SurvivorBlows 03-15-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-02, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
Thank You, thank you, thank you, Sir Shakes. It was starting to get frustrating watching poster after poster write it wrong and just as infuriating as reading posts from regulars, correcting each one.

Your thoughts, or flashbacks, from S3 and "the Twist", are exactly what is meant by the title.
If it is changed to "change" well, then it just is not a twist. And frankly, that's what MB has in store...A TWIST

And, if you remeber from S3's "twist" Ep.5, they also said in the promos that "you can't miss the first 10 minutes" Which is exactly what they are saying about S4's Ep4.

I however can't for the life of me think of a twist that isn't down-right unfair, foregoing reality or just plain stupid. Until there are an even number of people. As it is there are 13, how do you split that up fairly?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-02, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
I can't think of a twist that would be fair unless the tribes were even....but who says it has to be fair? Why, oh why does it always seem like they're pushing a 5-5 merge....I mean it makes an interesting merge episode but then from there it's all downhill until the final 4.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-02, 06:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
I've noticed this too, and it's good that someone pointed it out.

Anyway, I'm now pretty sure that they use the "twist" word in the title to misdirect us big time, making people think that there might actually be a SIII style twist in this episode. This would be the first big misdirection this season. I'm starting to thing they are really refering to very concrete wind twist. Any kind of a switch just didn't seem to fit the situation where there is an uneven, undividible number of contestants left.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
Anyway, I'm now pretty sure that they use the "twist" word in the title to misdirect us big time,

I posted this somewhere else and didn't get any response, so I'll try again: To my knowledge, the titles have never been an actual misdirection. They may be something innocuous, of no real value to the show, but as far as I know they've never been misdirection. (Note there is also a difference in actual "misdirection" and something that MB might intend to lead us AWAY from the truth).

Can anyone refute what I just posted?

This would be the first big misdirection this season.

Are we watching the same program? I think the attention on Kathy has been a HUGE misdirection (see voting results for Episode 2), Pat's interviews and the See-BS site attempted strongly to steer us away from Hunter as the Ep. 3 bootee. I also submit that a lot of the Sean and Sarah focus was to lead us AWAY from the truth. Yes, one day this misdirection will actually become THE direction, but for the first couple of episodes, I'd say MB was working those storylines hard for ulterior purposes.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
OK, I thought it was clear to just about all the regular spoilers by now, but I explain it again... Actually I'm not watching S IV. I'm in Finland, and we just saw Ethan triuph on SIII last weekend. I'd expect to see S IV next Fall as the earliest. I'm spoiling strictly based on the matrial I find in the internet, the old shows (you can find some MB patterns there) and my knowledge in editing and popular culture(I'm working on my Master thesis in Film- and Television Studies).

And since I'm not a native English speaker, and I might be using some words a little bit incautiously. "Misdirection" was just one example. Anyway, what I wanted to say was that there will probably be a twist, but not a kind of a twist they had in Africa. It wouldn't be real misdirecting, just making people assume too much (btw, as someone who did read each and every Agatha Christie book between the age of 12 and 15, I learnt something about making people assume things ).

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT *****"
Thank you Shakes!
IMHO, the twist this time will be an early merge.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Locking"
I'm locking this thread -- the thread's point was not to turn into another thread discussing the possible meaning of the title, we already have other threads for that.

-SB

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •