The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Kant Label Me 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-27-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kant%20Label%20Me Click to send private message to Kant%20Label%20Me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
I have seen some ludicrous behavior on the Internet, but this takes the cake!

Is this website THE Home Of Political Correctness, or what?? It is simply amazing how rigidly this asylum is run by its inmates - you people who spend every waking moment in here have certainly galvanized into The Vigilante Thought Police. What a bunch of lemmings! All right, boys and girls, we're all going to sit here and discuss The Big Nasty World Outside, but just remember, nobody is allowed to have a thought which hasn't been pre-approved as Acceptable".

I have no trouble understanding the desire for civility -and "tolerance" -the original definition, not the current one- on message boards, but you have taken the idea to its most fanatical Fascist extremes. And you're proud of it! Just look at yourselves: if somebody utters one word which is deemed "insensitive", you automatically stand up and react as a group, shouting down the person who dared to voice another opinion. You believe yourselves to be Free Thinkers, while you embrace the crushing weight of this mindless peer pressure which guides your every thought. (And if you are already planning your vitriolic response to this, then you are only proving me to be right!) You all march in lock-step, unquestioningly obeying the idiotic Rules Of Political Correctness. "All must conform or be banned!" Such a LACK of freedom! Talk about George Orwell- or Brave New World! You fools are LIVING it, here and now!

Just who is it that dreamed up this asinine Religion Of Political Correctness, anyway? And what is there about it that makes you people want to be such rabid practitioners? It really is amusing to read your words, as you mock and deride those who are "Extremists" or "Fundamentalists", as you bow to your own shrine of "Tolerance". What blind hypocrisy!

Okay, go ahead, lock this thread, and shut down my ability to post again. I know that you've done it to others who had the nerve to shine a light on your ludicrous behavior - and "threaten" your little make-believe world by speaking the TRUTH.

Or you could display some backbone and leave this open.
So you can all put your fingers in your ears and scream at me personally, since you are incapable of addressing any of my charges.

You will merely be displaying the fact that I am correct in all of them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... thndrkttn 01-27-06 1
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... brvnkrz 01-27-06 2
       RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... thndrkttn 01-27-06 4
           RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... brvnkrz 01-27-06 7
       RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... byoffer 01-27-06 5
           RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... brvnkrz 01-27-06 8
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... Kant Label Me 01-27-06 18
       RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... thndrkttn 01-27-06 20
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... geg6 01-27-06 3
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... volsfan 01-27-06 6
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... bystander 01-27-06 10
       RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... volsfan 01-27-06 12
       RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... byoffer 01-27-06 17
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... newsomewayne 01-27-06 9
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... brvnkrz 01-27-06 11
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... nailbone 01-27-06 13
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... HobbsofMI 01-27-06 14
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... PagongRatEater 01-27-06 16
 If you really want to know why PagongRatEater 01-27-06 15
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... zombiebaby 01-27-06 19
   Oh yeah zombiebaby 01-27-06 21
       Silly zombs! mrc 01-27-06 31
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... volsfan 01-27-06 23
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... AugustGirl 01-27-06 22
 RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... EnfanTerrible 01-27-06 24
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... thndrkttn 01-27-06 25
   RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... Lisapooh 01-27-06 26
       RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... PagongRatEater 01-27-06 27
           RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... Lisapooh 01-27-06 30
               RE: RealityTv.com, where "intoleran... PagongRatEater 01-27-06 32
 Question ... AugustGirl 01-27-06 28
 Philosophy -- and Goodbye AyaK 01-27-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""

Um, dood. The guy who runs this joint? Webby? He OWNS this place and if he wants things a certain way, well either you go with his rules or LEAVE. Although, it looks as though Webby and the Blue Crew made that choice for you. See ya.

Alerted.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
You're so cute when you get all riled up like that. *swoon*

01-27-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""

*cracks knuckles*

Don't you worry lil' Missy. I'll portectya.

*gigglesmooch*

Now see, I can totally imagine us giggling while smooching.

01-27-06, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
I feel much safer now. *gigglesmooch* right back at ya. *grin*

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
You're just happy because you got a shout out.

Bravey New World.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

8. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
Well that too.

Kant Label Me 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-27-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kant%20Label%20Me Click to send private message to Kant%20Label%20Me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
"Um, dood. The guy who runs this joint? Webby? He OWNS this place and if he wants things a certain way, well either you go with his rules or LEAVE.."

Thank you for illustrating my point so perfectly- and promptly.

I said NOTHING against the rules of this site, NOTHING about the person who owns this bandwidth, and said NOTHING that should be taken as "alert-worthy".

Yet you got all riled up anyway.

"Ignore the message, attack the messenger."

01-27-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
20. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""

Ummm. Weren't you already banned? So why are you still here when the mods made it clear that you are not welcome?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
*blinks*

*blinks again*

Where's Shakes?

I'm such a slut for the blues.
Obviously, this one has never met him.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
(And if you are already planning your vitriolic response to this, then you are only proving me to be right!)

I am too stewpid to do this...hell, I have no clue what "vitriolic" means!

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-27-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
From Dictionary.com

Vitriolic - adj, Bitterly scathing; caustic

01-27-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
Yeah, I looked it up!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
also from dictionary.com:

bystander - n, 1) A person who is present at an event without participating in it. 2) An erudite neanderthal who despite his better intentions DOES participate.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!
And aren't we glad our bystander follows definition #2?

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
It is simply amazing how rigidly this asylum is run by its inmates

Well, we do have a couple left wing loonies running around here.

The rest of your post is alot of crap, IMHO. If you've really been lurking a while to see how things go here, you'll notice I take my fair share of criticism for being "insensitive." See yesterday's enemy of my enemy thread for examples. But you know what? I don't care. Or rather, I should say, I don't mind. Others on here recieve more derision but I don't think they mind either. Speaking for myself, I must say I welcome challenges to my thoughts. If my convictions aren't strong enough to stand up to "attack", they weren't very strong to begin with. Now, I'm not close-minded. There have been times when my feelings have been changed from some rough discussion. Other times I feel more strongly about my original thinking. But the point is, and this is coming from someone not always on the majority on this site, I don't feel threatened to shut up about my thoughts. In fact, in talking to Geg and others, I feel more encouraged to do so everyday. You just have to be smart about it. Give out false or unverifiable information and you could get ripped to shreds on it. And rightfully so.

Stick around. Prove your worth by arguing politics, poutine, and bare minerals. Then make this post and it might carry some weight. Or it might not.

Winter sports by Tribephyl, 2005

01-27-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
11. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
Oh Hush!!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
Well, I wouldn't say that it's all crap, cuz I've felt that way from time to time. There have been times, as you said, when my feelings on a subject have been changed. But there are other times when the ridicule level is a bit much. And it's the same people ridiculing the same people about the same things, over and over. And it gets tiresome sometimes.

We need to invent a word...like Rush uses "ditto"...as an abbreviated way to say "I'm gonna say the same thing I always say, so here it is". Suggestions?

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
HissyDetective...nice to see you got a new email address.....

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-06 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

nevermind - you wuz rite.

But, the four of us had a great time.

01-27-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "If you really want to know why"
Maybe you just have to have been around here for awhile. Most people here are friendly types who enjoy RealityTV and made some friends along the way, and so they enjoy talking about other things too - their lives, food, and even current events. This is NOT, however, a political blog for people to 'go off' on each other. If used as such, it makes it a lot different place and frankly there are other places to go for that kind of talk.

We are here as friends and we like to keep it that way. The best way to do that is to TRY to be civil, even when disagreeing, and unfortunately sometimes that even means turning a conversation away from reaching a boiling point. If you think that is PC gone mad, that is your right.

And sometimes the Mods DO err on the side of caution in cutting off discussion that would detract from the harmony of the board, but by and large we are allowed to freely discuss whatever PG-13 items that we choose. As long as we do it constructively, respectfully and without getting personal.

For the priviledge of being allowed to use these boards, I don't think that is too much to ask.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
I don't know. I really did think that Locke hitting Charlie was not so bad as Vols says. I mean Claire's baby is always beign stolen.

A PhoenixMons Creation

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Oh yeah"
I don't want to disagree with you since you already labeled me as a lemming.

Nutz is in my ring of fire!

So "Kant" is in reference to a philosopher? I get it! Clever! Maybe you may want to check into the best username thread!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Silly zombs!"
Kant is the name of the new Other who kidnaps Sun.

Oops! Shoulda put spoiler in the title.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

01-27-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
23. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
I'm still urinated off at Locke for hitting Charlie but I guess we can agree to disagree!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
Wow. Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

It's an Arkie.

Take off your crankypants. Put on a smile.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
*pout* If someone doesn't the deploy the STFU poster on this guy, then I WILL be hurt.

01-27-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
25. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""

Bwahahahaha! Nice!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
This thing isn't really poster worthy.

Now, if they were brave enough to post this under their usual ID...maybe.

01-27-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
27. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-06 AT 10:40 AM (EST)

It would be nice if I could get me a blanket disclaimer poster so that I can deny association with all the evil stuff like this that invariably I get suspected of.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
why did you assume I was talking about you?

01-27-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
32. "RE: RealityTv.com, where "intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome""
I din't, I just know that some people assume that I'm behind this carp when obviously I've never been shy about stating my opinions under my OWN siggy.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Question ..."
So you can all put your fingers in your ears and scream at me personally, since you are incapable of addressing any of my charges.

Since this is a forum on the internet, the only communication is visual, not auditory, right? Right! If I put my fingers in my ears like you suggested, then I can't type to respond to you, but I still can see what you are saying. Right? Right! But if I don't want to "hear" what you are saying I should really just close my eyes, and leave my fingers out of my ears. But, if my fingers are free to type and I don't need to plug my ears, and I don't want to respond to you because I'm too busy screaming, then what do I do with my fingers?

Oh wait! I know what I can do with one finger.

It's an Arkie.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Philosophy -- and Goodbye"
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-06 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

You may be right. But it doesn't matter to me either way.

Message boards are subject to the same type of group dynamics that any other group encounter is subject to. As people become friendly, they become more sensitive to slights, real or imagined.

If you let it go, you develop real factions on the board. We had that happen back in 2001 -- and it almost destroyed the board. There was a daily thread (the "Eye-In-The-Sky" thread) that originally focused on flame wars going on in the different boards. Eventually, the two factions had a very, very nasty split.

As a result, we've taken a different approach since then. We've tried to keep discussion civil for one simple reason -- we don't want the board to form into factions. People are naturally factionalized. Some are young, some are old, some are Christian, some are Jewish, some are gay, some are straight, some are conservative, some are liberal, etc. The entire idea that we've worked by since 2001 is to permit people to express those differences without flinging comments that would lead us back to the 2001 factionalism.

Is it the only way to do it? No. Is it the best way? I have no idea. Certainly people have left, both on their own accord and by banning. Some of our actions may have been wrong, but we've taken a "don't-look-back" approach to it. We know we're going to make mistakes that we can't undo, but I'd rather act before things get out of control.

We've also shut the Off-Topic Board down twice (once when I was on an extended but essential leave from here) in order to clear the air when things became too heated.

We know that we're not the only site on the Internet. For example, two different groups of former posters have set up their own message boards. That's fine. The Internet is a democratic medium, and everyone's free to roam at will. It's not like we have any control over where people post. For all I know, there are 50 sites that offer just what you'd like.

But what you're saying to everyone here is that the rules to THIS board should be the way that YOU want them to be. Talk about megalomania. In fact, the rules for this board are set by Webby, because he owns it -- and he's set the rules as described.

Since you don't like those rules to such an extent that you've set up a new pseudonym to make this post, you've clearly shown that you no longer intend to follow them. So I'm afraid that your posting time here will be limited, since following the rules is essential to continue your membership here. But it's been nice knowing you, whoever you are. (If you really had the courage you claim, you would have told us your real ID.)

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •