The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
(Lock if already posted)
His penultimate sentence appears to be a huge spoiler?!

He said, "Sean is a knucklehead. He's just an angry person." But Hunter said Sean also was entertaining.
"We sat around and we laughed really hard every morning. But at the same time, Sean - if you asked him to do something - he gets upset. And if you're working he gets upset because he's like, oh well, you're trying to show him up. Well, I just wanted to work. That was me."

As for Rob: "Rob is funny. Rob is a comic. He's entertaining. Rob is definitely a knucklehead. That guy is pretty classic."

Sarah, Hunter said, "is along for the ride with Rob."
"Does she have a clue?" asked Bryant.
"About some things, yes. About others no," Hunter replied. "Sarah was out there to strut around on the beach and have fun. It was her vacation."

Vecepia was "flying low under the radar. She seemed nice. I think she is nice. I didn't expect her to vote against me that early. I knew she could probably do it later," he said.

He said he and Gina had a strong bond. "We had mutual respect and admiration because we shared the same viewpoints on how we wanted to play the game. She's a great friend and always will be a great friend."

About the tension within the tribe, he said, "There's people I have different viewpoints with. So obviously you can tell that Sean and I had different viewpoints on things. So maybe, maybe at some point we'll work through all that, and so it just depends. There's certain people that you remain friends with forever. And other people that you share this experience with."

Why did he think he was voted out.
"It was a struggle for control," he answered. "You had two opposing game plans. One was to basically go into self-protect mode off the beginning and try and gather your votes so that you can control the votes. And then there was my philosophy of start off strong, build a team and then there's gonna be that point where you shift to the self-protect mode and along the way you're finding people that you trust and you can align with.

Asked if the team ever got along, Hunter said yes. "We'd get along. We'd go out in the water and talk football. But there was a lot of differences in opinions over how people wanted to play the game. So that's where we kind of butted heads a little bit. It actually came down to a work ethic. So it was lazy people versus people that wanted to work and build a team."

Hunter suspects he made himself too well known too early.
"Well, I wanted to fly a little lower on the radar," he said. "Being a jet pilot - that's how you don't get detected. I realized from day one, though, I had a lot of experience in this area. I've grown up on the beach my entire life. I've had survival training. So I just wanted to provide subtle hints along the way, of 'Hey, maybe we should try this.' I was always trying to ask people what they wanted to do. Then it became evident that everyone's like 'Well, he's the guy who can spearhead this stuff.' Then I had the bull's-eye on my chest and I didn't realize my strategy was going to have to change."

He says he was trying not to be overbearing. "I was there to compete, and I was a little disappointed I didn't get to compete in some individual immunities. I was really looking forward to that. The challenges are awesome," he said.

At the end of the interview he issued a warning to four who had voted against him. "I gotta say one thing real quick. You know, all my buddies are like Navy SEALS and fighter pilots. I took voting off pretty well. But I haven't been able to get in touch with them since I was voted off. The four people that voted for me - if they're out there, lock the doors and turn off the lights. They're coming!"

He was joking. We think.

thoughts? I'll post my big dumb thoughts separate from this one...

BI

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... big idiot 03-14-02 1
   RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... SurvivaBear 03-14-02 2
       RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... ulalame 03-14-02 3
   RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... SurvivorBlows 03-14-02 4
   RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... drich61 03-14-02 6
 RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... mlauenstein2 03-14-02 5
   RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... big idiot 03-14-02 7
       RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... SurvivorBlows 03-14-02 8
       RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... Kokoro 03-14-02 9
 RE: Early show interview (juicy spo... RDIheath 03-15-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-14-02, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"

Big nugget: "But I haven't been able to get in touch with them since I was voted off."

Did not see Vee, Sean, Rob, Sarah at lodge?? Did he vacation right away? Possibly, but this seems to fit Varners list. Also read in another thread that Kathy visited Hunter after show, so perhaps according to Varner list, Kathy is next and hence Hunter does not go vacationing (probably poopin around waiting for Gina to get spit out next)

Also, combine Pats comments and Hunters comments on Vee, both indicate she is stealthy and plotting, description suitable for someone who stays in the game for a while.
Hunter on vee: "flying low under the radar... I didn't expect her to vote against me that early. I knew she could probably do it later,"
Pat, "She was thinking most of the time and quiet, she was probably planning and plotting."

More Hunter on Vee, "She seemed nice. I think she is nice."

Oops, did Hunter slip up? First reference sounds like a 'she seemed nice but i only got to know her a little bit in the game (no early boot for vee)' second reference sounds like a cover up 'errrr, i mean she is nice because i might have hung with her in loser lodge' errrrr, ummmmm, oooops?

Does not sound like Sean and Hunter made amends, "Sean is a knucklehead. He's just an angry person." more evidence of no loser lodge tango?

Also heard of a report of Sean winning family visit later in game (source was TP though, *groan*)

Hunters comments + Varners list = matching big spoilers or excellent MB puppeteering?

You decide, i stink at this...

BI

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
I am no better at this, but there are alot of things that point to either Gina or Kathy going next. Are there spoilers that indicate that Kathy will definitely not go next? If Kathy does leave next, what are we to think of Varner X. Was he just really lucky, did he have inside information, or is MB just using all this to jerk our chain?

"Destined for Greatness!"

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-14-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
Actually, a lot of this is reminding me of survivor 1, with black gretchen and gervase x. I think that part of the reason survivor's ratings started to go down was precisely because of the way seasons two and three were edited, with misdirection and concealing of alliances, and few spoilers, causing the spoiling community to lose interest. I think that with S4, MB has learned that he has to give out some nuggets to keep people interested--although it is up to us to determine what's meaningful and what's not.

Hunter's comments appear to fit right in with how I am beginning to think this season is going to go. I would not be surprised to see a final four of Rob/Vee/Sarah and Sean (or at least a final four that included Rob and Vee, with the other two having made it to the jury). I certainly think that it sounds like Hunter did not see any of the Maaramus, except for possibly Gina, after he was voted off, meaning they at least make the merge.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-02, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
>
>Big nugget: "But I haven't been
>able to get in touch
>with them since I was
>voted off."

Look at the context of the sentence:

"I gotta say one thing real quick. You know, all my buddies are like Navy SEALS and fighter pilots. I took voting off pretty well. But I haven't been able to get in touch with them since I was voted off.

I think it's VERY CLEAR the "them" he's referring to is his military buddies -- not the other survivors.

-SB

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-14-02, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

Sorry same post as 4 and 5, written as I was writing.

mlauenstein2 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mlauenstein2 Click to send private message to mlauenstein2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
Oh, for God's sake!

He was warning THE FOUR that he hadn't yet been able to get a hold of HIS BUDDIES since the show aired the night before to tell them NOT TO MURDER Sean, Vecepia, Rob and Sarah in their sleep!

03-14-02, 09:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
mlau,

Actually, if God had any interest in Survivor it would be to sue MB for rippin' off the whole Garden of Eden thing...but I digress..

I like your alternative explanation (sans the dramatic intro), so i reread the paragraph, and yes that is possible,

the only caveat is that he says:
"...all my buddies are like Navy SEALS and fighter pilots. I took voting off pretty well. But I haven't been able to get in touch with them since I was voted off."

I find it hard to believe he has not been in touch with any of his buddies. But heck, I guess he couldn't spill the beans until now anyway...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-02, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
> I like your alternative
>explanation (sans the dramatic intro),
>so i reread the paragraph,
>and yes that is possible,

No offense Big idiot -- but it's now obvious how you got your name.

...it's POSSIBLE??? Try it's freaking obvious! Geez, are you really this dense that you can't follow the story?

As mlauenstein2 already tried to tell you:

He was warning THE FOUR that he hadn't yet been able to get a hold of HIS BUDDIES since the show aired the night before to tell them NOT TO MURDER Sean, Vecepia, Rob and Sarah in their sleep!

...go get a clue before coming back to the spoilers forum.

-SB

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 09:47 PM (EST)

<<I find it hard to believe he has not been in touch with any of his buddies. But heck, I guess he couldn't spill the beans until now anyway...>>

That's not what he means. I'm sure he's seen them since ~November~. What Hunter is saying is that he hasn't spoken to them since before last night (when they would have seen that he was voted out)....

EDIT: To sound a bit clearer myself ^-^

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-02, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Early show interview (juicy spoiler at end??)"
<<Big nugget: "But I haven't been able to get in touch with them since I was voted off."
Did not see Vee, Sean, Rob, Sarah at lodge?? Did he vacation right away? Possibly, but this seems to fit Varners list. Also read in another thread that Kathy visited Hunter after show, so perhaps according to Varner list, Kathy is next and hence Hunter does not go vacationing (probably poopin around waiting for Gina to get spit out next)>>

NO NUGGET read it right. He is not talking about Vee Sara Sean and Rob here with that particular comment he's talking about his Navy Seal Buddies...its THEM that he has not been able to get ahold of since he was voted off.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •