The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I have a rash"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I have a rash"
I have a bright red rash on both eyelids this morning.
I think it's some kind of reaction to eye shadow- is that possible?
Can you use hydrocortisone cream on your eyelids?
I'm at work with no eye makeup on (shudder).

and then there was... IceCat!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I have a rash miamicatt 01-26-06 1
 RE: I have a rash DooWahDitty 01-26-06 2
 RE: I have a rash Estee 01-26-06 3
   RE: I have a rash blacknwhitedog 01-26-06 5
 RE: I have a rash cahaya 01-26-06 4
 I have a rash, too!!!!! sorgee 01-26-06 6
 RE: I have a rash Sophie 01-27-06 7
 RE: I have a rash qwertypie 01-27-06 8
 RE: I have a rash Puffy 01-27-06 9
 Dr. Augie at your service! AugustGirl 01-27-06 10
 RE: I have a rash EnfanTerrible 01-27-06 11
   RE: I have a rash blacknwhitedog 01-27-06 12
       RE: I have a rash qwertypie 01-27-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I have a rash"
Yes it's totally possible to have a reaction to eye shadow -- even one that you have been using for a while can suddenly stop being your friend.

You can put hydrocortisone on your eyelids...I did when it happened to me.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-26-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I have a rash"
Wow. This has never happened to me and I'm an eyeshadow queen. Sorry about the hassle, bawdy. Is it painful?

And thanks for the advise, MCatt!

you seely girl *spank*

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I have a rash"
Your eyes are having an allergic reaction to watching Jack preen. Take a couple of weeks off from Lost and the problem should clear up.

01-26-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I have a rash"
ha, ha
actually think I got it from watching Skating with Celebrities

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I have a rash"
Well... if you were in Malaysia, I'd be among the first to tell you that you might be exhibiting initial symptoms of dengue fever! The initial rash starts in the face, eyes, and hands and works its way across the body. You're safe on that score, though.

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me, but others here can probably advise you a lot better.

And you know what? I find women who don't wear eye shadow more naturally attractive. Do a count of others' raised-eyebrows and smiles today and see if it's on the rise.

A RollDice creation

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I have a rash, too!!!!!"
it was caused by someone that i work with. i hear this person's name and i cringe and get a rash.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-27-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I have a rash"
My Mom and I are both allergic to pink dye in eyeshadow. Just don't wear it for a while and put some of that cream on it. You may need to change colors.

currently crazy about me

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I have a rash"
You sure can get an allergic reaction on the eyelids. I have ezcema on both lids and underneath (and inside) one and it has been h#ll, with the lids cracking and bleeding and so swollen it looked like I was constatnly in a fight.
As to the hydrocortisone question, yes you can, but it has to be a very mild solution as the skin around the eye is thinner than the rest of the skin. I would go to the doc's just to rule out an infection.
For me, the hydrocortisone did not work, I finally got prescribed Elidel (nasty, nasty, expensive stuff -- it works as an immunosuppressant and now has to carry a cancer warning with it) and it has worked wonders for me.
Good Luck!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I have a rash"
Let us know if it is better today. It might be an allergic reaction or it could be an infection. Do you share eye make-up? That's a big no-no; too many germs.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Dr. Augie at your service!"
Same thing happened to me Bawdy, except my rash was under and around both eyes. It was not pretty. I am pretty sure it was caused by a new eye cream. Anyway, my doctor said hydrocortisone cream is okay to use, just don't get it in your eyes (like, duh!). The cream did clear it up, but I also think throwing out the new eye cream was the key.

Since I had great health insurance at the time, at the suggestion of my doctor I went to a dermatologist and got a full scale skin allergin test of common cosmetic products. It's a hassle because you have to get the test strips taped to your back--the entire back--and it has to stay there for at least 48 hours, with no showers because it can't get wet.

The hassle was worth it because I found out I was allergic to 3 products:

Balsam of Peru
Euxyl K 400
Octyl Gallate

So I just glance at the ingredients of any new products I'm using and steer clear of those 3. Hope you clear up soon.

It's an Arkie.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I have a rash"

How are they today Bawd?

Bob was here

01-27-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
12. "RE: I have a rash"
Much better today thank you- no longer red- just kind of like really dry skin in the crease of my eyelid skin. Just trying to use a gentle moisterizer.

2nd day with no eye makeup though- (shudder).

I've thrown out what I suspect was the culprit- it was pink. I had used it a few times with no problem, but the last two times I got a rash.

2005 PhoenixMons

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I have a rash"
I use Glaxal Base
It is extremely hypoallegenic, it is used a as base for other dermatological creams.
It is a bit on the pricey side (but not really, if you use the brand name moisturizers).
If you need something thicker, PreVex Cream is also quite good.
Hope this helps!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •