The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Comments on Luxury Items"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

stickboy 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-24-01, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stickboy Click to send private message to stickboy Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Comments on Luxury Items"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-01 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

Check under Feature News for the USA Today article.

Kucha:
ALICIA: Hairbrush
DEBB: Eyeliner
ELISABETH: "Immunity Headress"
JEFF: Crayons + Coloring Book
KIMMI: Scrabble ????
MICHAEL: War Paint
NICK: Backgammon Set ????
RODGER: The Bible

Ogakor:
AMBER: Journal + Pen
COLBY: Home State Flag
JERRI: Bongo Drum
KEITH: Paella Pan
KEL: Shaving Kit
MARALYN: Lipstick
MITCHELL: Songbook ????
TINA: Frisbee ????

Kimmi, Nick, Mitchell, and Tina are just educated guesses. I bet they are right, though.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Useless luxury items Monkeyboy 01-24-01 1
   RE: Useless luxury items Mike 01-30-01 20
 RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 01-24-01 2
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Dakota 01-25-01 3
       RE: Comments on Luxury Items SurvivorBlows 01-25-01 4
           RE: Comments on Luxury Items Cherberrie 01-25-01 7
 RE: Comments on Luxury Items stickboy 01-25-01 5
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 01-25-01 6
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Survivorerist 01-29-01 8
       RE: Comments on Luxury Items Dakota 01-29-01 9
 RE: Comments on Luxury Items rodthebod 01-29-01 10
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 01-30-01 11
       RE: Comments on Luxury Items rodthebod 01-30-01 19
   Texas is looking mighty nice these ... Cherberrie 01-30-01 16
 RE: Comments on Luxury Items boltupright 01-30-01 12
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Survivorerist 01-30-01 13
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Mike 01-30-01 21
 RE: Comments on Luxury Items zerokewl999999 01-30-01 14
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items shakes the clown 01-30-01 15
       Ooohhhhhh--that was a HAT. . . George Tirebiter 01-30-01 17
           RE: Ooohhhhhh--that was a Tampon? Drive My Car 01-30-01 22
           No Croc Bait Here shanana banana 01-30-01 24
           RE: Ooohhhhhh--that was a HAT. . . Survivorerist 01-31-01 25
       RE: Comments on Luxury Items zerokewl999999 02-01-01 28
           RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 02-01-01 29
               RE: Comments on Luxury Items zerokewl999999 02-01-01 30
                   RE: Comments on Luxury Items shakes the clown 02-01-01 31
                       RE: Comments on Luxury Items zerokewl999999 02-02-01 34
                           RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 02-02-01 35
                               RE: Comments on Luxury Items Cherberrie 02-04-01 44
                           RE: Comments on Luxury Items Monkeyboy 02-02-01 36
                               RE: Comments on Luxury Items Drive My Car 02-02-01 38
                                   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 02-02-01 39
                                       Atheists and Satan Drive My Car 02-02-01 40
                                           RE: Atheists and Satan zerokewl999999 02-03-01 42
               RE: Comments on Luxury Items Cherberrie 02-02-01 33
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 01-30-01 18
       RE: Comments on Luxury Items Drive My Car 01-30-01 23
           RE: Comments on Luxury Items Leif Eriksen 01-31-01 27
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Cherberrie 01-31-01 26
 RE: Comments on Luxury Items HeronNoire 02-02-01 32
   RE: Comments on Luxury Items Monkeyboy 02-02-01 37
       RE: Comments on Luxury Items HeronNoire 02-02-01 41
           RE: Comments on Luxury Items Cherberrie 02-03-01 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-24-01, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Useless luxury items"
Kel and Keith brought the most useful things (Kel's shaving kit has extra razor blades), I guess you could say that Backgammon, Scrabble, and a Frisbee could be useful to pass the time (and the Frisbee could have lots of extra uses)....but let's examine some of the other items.
The Texas State flag, a coloring book, a bongo drum, a songbook, and war paint(good thinking Skoop)? What a bunch of fools! What were they thinking? My spite for Skoop has hit a new high!
Sonja's baritone ukulele looks brilliant in comparison!

I could figure out some "extra" uses for the bible, so maybe that's not a bad idea.

Mike 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-30-01, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mike Click to send private message to Mike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Useless luxury items"
My theory is that Jeff only brought the coloring book because he was embarrassed to bring what he really wanted. TP! Watch and see, A few pages will be gone each week.

Leif Eriksen 1179 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-01, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>TINA: Frisbee ????<

Tina brought a Backgammon Set according to the paper today.

>NICK: Backgammon Set????<

Nick brought the frisbee.

Absolutely best choice of item. Keith

The worst choice and the most idiotic, Colouring Book & Crayons brought by Jeff. Did he forget to bring something and had to chose something at the airport. Did he accidently switch bags with some 5 year old or what? Did the guy know millions of people would laugh at his selection? Internet Project Manager, do you want to keep your job? Hard for me to believe.

And let's face it the cop bringing lipstick is right in there for stupidity.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-25-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
Eyeliner? War paint? Lipstick?(unless, of course it's Colleen's brand of moisture-laden, mmmmmmm, chapstick type thing with sunscreen). These are the only things I see as useless. I read (I think in the Entertainment Weekly article, but not sure) that the Survivors LOVED the coloring book and crayons -- they used it like therapy when they needed something to do, a respite from sitting around trying to figure each other out. When you think about being out in the boondocks somewhere for weeks without phones, television, radio, laptop, books, magazines, or any of the things we use to amuse ourselves when we're not working or having sex, I don't think backgammon, any book--Bible or not, ukeleles or frisbees are bad choices. The flag? I'm sure he was smart enough to know it could be used as a canopy in the HOT Aussie sun. How soon some of you may have forgotten those last two weeks of S1 when the Survivors were going crazy with nothing to do.
WHAT WOULD YOUR LUXURY ITEM BE? Blanket, pillow, Swiss army knife, giant chocolate bar, machete, football, rubber duck, alligator repellent, toenail clippers, perhaps a picture of your beloved pet iguana, Bic lighter? I don't know if I'd go survival or entertainment, but for 40 days in the middle of nowhere, both types seem to be worthwhile.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-01, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
I agree some entertainment was a good idea -- but a coloring book seems to be a limited, non-renewable resource. Once it's colored, it's done. Frisbee and Backgammon are smart choices. And won't the crayons melt in this hot inferno we've been reading so much about?

...and I have to wonder --- why does no one ever bring a lighter or swiss army knife -- are those on the list of things Mark Burnett wouldn't allow??

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-25-01, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>...and I have to wonder ---
>why does no one ever
>bring a lighter or swiss
>army knife -- are those
>on the list of things
>Mark Burnett wouldn't allow??

Yes, a lighter and swiss army knife are on the list of things not allowed. The criteria for determining if an item is on the "not allowed" list is anything that would provide a team with an "advantage" over the other. So, the ability to "make fire" or aid in "cutting" would seem to be advantageous.

stickboy 32 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-01, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stickboy Click to send private message to stickboy Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
And can anyone suggest the use of the homemade Immunity Headress?

The only thing I can think of is that it also can cover her head so it will be able to keep off the sun somewhat.

01-25-01, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
If Elisabeth happens to win the game I suppose it could end up in the Smithsonian next to Archie's and Edith's chairs.

I suppose she will take it on all the talk shows after the show and explain to the world what she was thinking when she chose this item. Maybe she was drunk.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-29-01, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
I've got a use for the headress. When she goes to sleep at night and has no pillow to rest her head on, her tribemates can burn the headress for heat and light. How about that?

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-01, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
Headdress - I'm thinking "I want to look good on TV for 40 days even though I won't have shampoo, blow dryer or mousse. So why not frame the face with something sort of aboriginal Aussie."
Of course, she could have just thought she wanted something to keep her long hair off her face. I hope we don't have to see another Susan-type knife through the hair thing, or ANYONE shaving the bikini line.

rodthebod 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-29-01, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rodthebod Click to send private message to rodthebod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
The BOD says this.... there are two things I am thankful for when I wake up in the morning also. I am glad that I am alive and I am thankful that I am NOT from texas.

What is the matter with these people? If Colby didn't bring the state flag, would he not remember where he was from or not remembe how to get there? Texas always brings up the topic seceding from the Union. Well the next time they bring it up, I say we let them.

I can't believe you wouldn't bring something else. Are those people brainwashed in texas?
The BOD

01-30-01, 09:53 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
Rod, just one question. A yes or no would suffice, please.

Is "The Rock" your all time favourite hero of all time?

Just asking.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

rodthebod 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-30-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rodthebod Click to send private message to rodthebod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
The BOD says this....

no

The BOD

01-30-01, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Texas is looking mighty nice these days"
I'm thinking Texas is looking mighty fine -- with the likes of Colby!

boltupright 31 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boltupright Click to send private message to boltupright Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
If I wanted to wear Amber's ass as a hat, would that be considered a luxury item?

01-30-01, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>If I wanted to wear Amber's
>ass as a hat, would
>that be considered a luxury
>item?

I don't get it. Wouldn't you first have to... oh. I see. That was mighty clever of you with that one. All joking aside, I can only think of one reason why the luxury items are so...I can't think of the word right now but it means stupid. Maybe the one they call Burnett is behind this. Maybe he said "bring something insane" to the show or maybe he's just trying to make us believe that the new castaways are dumb for bringing such dumb items. You never know. By the way, I can just see what items people will bring for survivor 3:

Battery chargers (and batteries for that matter)
Pink Flamingo
Those little pill things that turn into foam dinosaurs when you put them in water
A thousand bucks in cash
A Mop

One last thing that's kind of off topic. What's with everyone bashing Elisabeth's comment? I thought it was rather humourous in itself and adds flavour to her character, just like the immunity headress-dress-dress (which I think is actually kinda cool despite my comment earlier about burning it). Maybe it's just because I like weird humour you don't have to think about too much and if you don't then boo on you. Give these guys a chance and maybe you'll begin to like them. I know I have.

The Survivorerist

"Who needs flies when you have onions?"

Mike 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-30-01, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mike Click to send private message to Mike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
Good thinking! It would be to me.

zerokewl999999 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-30-01, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zerokewl999999 Click to send private message to zerokewl999999 Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
I think Keiths will be useful, if he ever gets to use it before he gets kicked off(you never know when or who, this is like this years NFL season). Colby's seemed really dumb when I first saw it(Texas flag???) but then I saw what it was good for.

The really dumb choices:
war paint(takes the cake, what was this guy thinking???)
head dress(I'd have to agree with Lief on her state of inebriation at the time of her choice)
eyeliner, makeup(ok, that's smart. Let your hair go to waste while your eyelids look blue)
bongo drum

If I was getting on Survivor, I'd probably shave my head the day before going so I wouldn't have to worry about my hair getting out of control, and for my luxary item I'd bring the Bible probably(I can hear the 'zealot' posts coming now)

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-30-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-01 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

>>The really dumb choices:
>war paint(takes the cake, what was
>this guy thinking???)
>head dress(I'd have to agree with
>Lief on her state of
>inebriation at the time of
>her choice)
>eyeliner, makeup(ok, that's smart. Let your
>hair go to waste while
>your eyelids look blue)
>bongo drum
>
>and for my
>luxary item I'd bring the
>Bible probably(I can hear the
>'zealot' posts coming now)

talk about pot/kettle/black syndrome. The bible???? Unless you are using it to wipe your @ss (Rudy) or start a fire (Rodger) the bible is just about the dumbest thing you could possibly bring, even dumber than eyeliner. With the bible, you run the risk of being thought of as a Jesus-freak ala Dirk and that is a sure way to get your walking papers when its time to vote...

...no one likes to be preached to, and everyone likes to make fun of the guy sitting in the corner reading the bible, especially if that person is reading the bible for spiritual guidance....ON A GAME SHOW.

...the best luxery items are things that you can use to improve your social standing with your tribemates....such as Gervase's deck of cards....also, Jeff P. said that the coloring book (Jeff Vermin) ended up being a valuable item for the extremely bored tribe members.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-30-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Ooohhhhhh--that was a HAT. . ."
I hadn't read the luxury items list until the day after the show, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why Elizabethbeth had a pile of rags on her head! I found it very distracting, and even my 11 year-old daughter had to ask, "What in the hell IS that on her head?!" (not her normal demeanor to use such language, so I knew I was justified in my disbelief). I get it now, but it's still not my idea of something that would make MY life easier there. . .

As for a Bible. . . if that had been really important to the guy, he would've brought his glasses to read it! Seemed like a tool for some still-mysterious plan, especially since he seemed to make sure it was read "for" him while everyone was within earshot. And I know plenty of Bible fanatics--and none of them would let anyone rip out ANY of the pages. . . Either Rodger is more cagey than he appears, or he THINKS he has the Rudy angle figured out. (And why is it that even with those tissue-thin pages, no one could mastermind a fire?! I learned enough my first year as a Boy Scout leader to be able to do it, given a lot less than that--and this group of wingnuts included at least one person with military "training!" What's the deal?)

I still think the eye liner and lipstick were ploys to confuse people as to the true gender of their users.

The bongo is clearly designed to drive everyone out of their heads.

Crayons? Assuming they didn't melt into a block in the heat, I can't see them staying interesting or usable for long enough. Maybe he thought cards weren't original enough. (Still, why not a big ol' sketchpad and some legitimate artists' colored pencils?)

A journal and writing utensil? I thought they had strict rules against publishing their stories (or maybe that's to keep it all fresh until the time limit is up--and no one cares anymore!)

I wonder why none of the ladies chose tampons as their item. . . Do you suppose they'd be provided by the producers, as a "must-have" item? I'm afraid it'd be harsh to do without them--and without, one might become attractive croc-bait (sorry--I've read too many stories about bear or shark attacks sparked by such bodily functions), to say nothing of making one unphotogenic. Guess I glossed over this angle during the first series.

Sorry, but the list is unfathomable to me; I've got to think whoever guessed they were told to bring the most ridiculous thing they could think of is on the right track.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-01, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ooohhhhhh--that was a Tampon?"
George , I also wondered about the feminine hygiene needs of the female cast.
I wondered how you would deal with that at all.
Perhaps, they had Dr. prescibed hormones to prevent cycles.
I know I would not want to have to deal with any such nonsense
in the middle of the outback (hell I hate dealing eith it in my own home)And any sign of weakness would be an issue.

My luxury items Depo shots, Midol, and a case of tequilla.

EBug

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-30-01, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "No Croc Bait Here"
George, starting with the first Survivor, tampons were already provided for the women, along with stuff like sunscreen, mosquito repellent, etc, etc, so they don't have to worry about that for a luxury item. Otherwise, I guarantee you it would have been EVERY woman's luxury item!!

01-31-01, 11:48 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ooohhhhhh--that was a HAT. . ."
About the tampons and the period things, didn't Gretchen from Survivor 1 take Birth Control Pills to stop her cycle? Just a little thing to think about.

The Survivorerist

"Who needs flies when you've got onions?"

02-01-01, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zerokewl999999 Click to send private message to zerokewl999999 Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>talk about pot/kettle/black syndrome. The
>bible???? Unless you are
>using it to wipe your
>@ss (Rudy)
Nope
> or start a
>fire (Rodger)

Wrong again

>With the bible, you run
>the risk of being thought
>of as a Jesus-freak ala
>Dirk and that is a
>sure way to get your
>walking papers when its time
>to vote...

But you see Shakes, I am Jesus Freak, and proud of it

>...no one likes to be preached
>to,

Really? I do.

> and everyone likes to
>make fun of the guy
>sitting in the corner reading
>the bible, especially if that
>person is reading the bible
>for spiritual guidance....ON A GAME
>SHOW.

Well that's too bad for them then, because I can't think of a better thing to do if I was stranded away from regular society than spending my time growing Spiritually. Plus, hopefully my prospective team mates wouldn't mind a little preaching, in hopes that I might be able to lead them to Christ.
Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be an interesting Survivor if you would take 16 people from this message board and stick them in the Outback

>...the best luxery items are things
>that you can use to
>improve your social standing with
>your tribemates....such as Gervase's deck
>of cards....also, Jeff P. said
>that the coloring book (Jeff
>Vermin) ended up being a
>valuable item for the extremely
>bored tribe members.

And being able to read and hear from the best selling book ever isn't? I seem to recall Rich reading outloud from the Bible to the rest of his team mates after Dirks departure.

02-01-01, 07:09 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"

>Now that I'm thinking about it,
>it would be an interesting
>Survivor if you would take
>16 people from this message
>board and stick them in
>the Outback

You know what Zero-brain, I want to be there. And if you think in your wildest dreams (I hope they're not wet dreams) that you would not be the first voted off, well then that's what they would be, dreams. You would be gone my bible thumping buddy, gone! You would be taking the slow walk over the bridge and off to wherever the losers go after they have been voted off. Keep that bible in your shorts and take it with you otherwise it may well be used for more useful endeavours in the latrine.

The only way I am going though is if My Cherie is coming too.

Hey, wait a minute, this could be a good time to test the waters for the Leif and the Ladies Commune.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

02-01-01, 09:58 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"

>You know what Zero-brain, I want
>to be there. And
>if you think in your
>wildest dreams (I hope they're
>not wet dreams) that you
>would not be the first
>voted off, well then that's
>what they would be, dreams.
> You would be gone
>my bible thumping buddy, gone!
> You would be taking
>the slow walk over the
>bridge and off to wherever
>the losers go after they
>have been voted off.
>Keep that bible in your
>shorts and take it with
>you otherwise it may well
>be used for more useful
>endeavours in the latrine.

I don't know Lief, considering we don't know each others physical or mental capabilities I find it very hard to believe I'd be the first one voted off based on my Spiritual views alone. Like the real show, the one you think may be voted off first may go a long way, and vice versa
>
>The only way I am going
>though is if My Cherie
>is coming too.
>
>Hey, wait a minute, this could
>be a good time to
>test the waters for the
>Leif and the Ladies Commune.
>
>
>
>"lovable asshole-type"
>Leif Eriksen

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-01-01, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>
>I don't know Lief, considering we
>don't know each others physical
>or mental capabilities I find
>it very hard to believe
>I'd be the first one
>voted off based on my
>Spiritual views alone

...Well, you got my vote, so that's 2 against you. And remember, Jesus can't vote.

02-02-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"

>
>...Well, you got my vote, so
>that's 2 against you.
>And remember, Jesus can't vote.
>

Well, I bet a lot would change once we were out there, considering Kel was a favorite to win before the show aired, but he got the boot, so maybe I, the underdog, would come out to win it all. Also, just remember, in person anyone can be a lot more or less annoying than they seem to be on this board. For all we know, Lief could be Richard Hatch.

02-02-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-01 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

I have been caught by the greatest detective of all time. Darn! All his clues come from the "good book", that's why he is so accurate.

I don't know how I have the time to post all these words of wisdom between all my public appearances.

You are in a dreamworld Zero-brain and your starting to piss me off again.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

02-04-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>You are in a dreamworld Zero-brain and your starting to piss
>me off again.

Leifsy, calm down...I believe Zero was making a sarcastic joke!

Your response to his post was perfect up to your last sentence. I think because you guys have so much history, like an old married couple, you respond to each other in familiar (sometimes destructive and hurting) patterns of behavior.

Neither one of you is helping the situation because each of you know which buttons to push to irritate the other. And, the two of you seem to enjoy punching those buttons.

All seriousness aside, I must admit it IS humorous to watch you too go at it. I'd be very disappointed if you gave up so easily Leifsy!

02-02-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
The madness must be stopped!
I'm putting beef jerky in Zero and Leif's gear and framing you guys to get you back to the mainland. I can't listen to 40 days of religious bickering.

Monkeyboy is rising to the top with Jerri-induced treachery. Dicque was too nice about it.

02-02-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
I gotta go with the Simian on this one, enough already.
You push each others buttons.

Zero you are a Zealot

Leif you are Satan

There, now stay away from each other, or I'll make you sit in the corner.

02-02-01, 07:22 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
For your information, Atheists don't believe in satan either.

I have now, officially, re-boycotted the zealot. Goodbye forever.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

02-02-01, 10:10 PM (EST)
40. "Atheists and Satan"
Honey, I know that. ( atheists don't beleive in any of those cute little stories the Bible promotes, not even the Satan ones)

My point was, you find zero to be a zealot ( because he is very religious)

He finds you to be evil (because you are an atheist)

I just knew you were gonna get me on this one.

But , My point was sposed to be taken humorously, you and he will never see anything remotely the same, and it is just best to agree to dissagree. And for goodness sakes , don't make the rest us suffer.

Oh and by the way, I don't believe in organized religion, but I do believe in a higher power. So I am right in the middle on this. Except for one really strong point on Leif's side.
People who don't believe should not ever be persecuted.
I am so sick of hearing about religious freedom. What about all freedoms, to believe or Not?

I am furious that in the state of Texas they want to force Kids to Pray at School.
Excuse me?????
I believe as I believe, and my Faith is personnal, and if you SOB's try to make my child pray in a PUBLIC school;
Well I will fight it as I pull her out of your school.

I believe in God, Leif. But that is me.
But I don't want anyone to tell me how to believe.
Or where to believe.
I think we may agree on this.
I stayed silent on this before, because I think that it is a very personnal thing.
I get where you come from, I respect your take on religion.
Because I think it is ....well politics, hype, lies.

I have faith, but no one will tell me what to believe in,or how to believe in it.

And I think, that I have said quite enough, enough to get me flamed for weeks to come.
For those Christians out there, I say, your faith is personnal,
keep it that way.
May we all be blessed- though I won't say " Bless You "(unless you sneeze) because I don't have the power to Bless anyone.

EBUG

02-03-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Atheists and Satan"

>He finds you to be evil
>(because you are an atheist)

Well, I wouldn't say 'evil', there's much better adjectives than 'evil'

02-02-01, 08:18 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>Hey, wait a minute, this could
>be a good time to
>test the waters for the
>Leif and the Ladies Commune.

"Ladies Commune!?" OK, now you've done it, Viking! I'm hurt. Sniffle, sniffle. I've always suspected that you might be a "wanderer" and now I know for certain.

01-30-01, 07:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
You know what Zero-brain, (a term of endearment and your nickname) I am going to de-boycott you for awhile, your posts have not been too overbearing lately. (my opinion only)

>(I'd have to agree with <
>Lief on her state of <
>inebriation at the time of <
>her choice) <

You know what, Zero-brain, I am going to let you!

>and for my <
>luxury item I'd bring the<
>Bible probably(I can hear the<
>'zealot' posts coming now)<

As though we all didn't know that already! Do you think by hearing the zealot posts before they happen that you might be clairvoyent? That could be scary and kind of a sacrilege wouldn't it? (Please, don't answer that). Does your computer have the capability to read the messages to you, is that why you "hear" the posts?

Just asking, that's all.

Now, Zero-brain, don't be answering this post with some long winded story from the "good book", please.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

01-30-01, 10:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
Hey Leif,
I don't know about you,
but I'm starting to really like that Clown.

He may frighten small children, but he thinks
like an adult.

THE BUG- and you never told me what brand of truck that is you are driving

01-31-01, 07:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"

>THE BUG- and you never told <
>me what brand of truck <
>that is you are driving <

Truck, what truck? I drive a beemer.

Bozo has character, I have to admit that. He kind of grows on a person, doesn't he.

"shake that booty" (is that right?)

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

01-31-01, 06:13 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
>and for my luxary item I'd bring the
>Bible probably(I can hear the
>'zealot' posts coming now)

Nope, no "zealot" post will be forthcoming from me. Actually, I was going to say that the Bible is a good choice for a luxury item. As we all saw in episode 1, it came in handy when the Kucha tribe needed to start a fire!

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-01, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HeronNoire Click to send private message to HeronNoire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
I wonder if Kel left his shaving kit behind. I'd have been sorely temped to leave them all stubbly and miserable.

But then, he got kicked off b/c he was too nice.

02-02-01, 05:23 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
I think the rules of the game suggest that when you leave you have to take ALL of your stuff....including your luxury item.
I think that was part of Gervase' strategy; if he left, so did his cards.

P.S. I'm trying to interpret your name. Are you a new Heron or a classic Heron?

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-01, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeronNoire Click to send private message to HeronNoire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
Yep, I just read he did indeed leave his shaving kit with them... don't know if it's mandatory, probably is.

>P.S. I'm trying to interpret
>your name. Are you
>a new Heron or a
>classic Heron?

I'm a heron -- from deep in the heart of the bayou.

02-03-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Comments on Luxury Items"
The bayou, eh? I have Great Blue Heron's that summer over in my lake up in Massachusetts. Every once in a while there is a real dumb one that forgets to fly south for the winter. Silly bird. It usually freezes to death. Sad. What a waste.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •