The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

newgirl1 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-27-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newgirl1 Click to send private message to newgirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Karinne Steffans will be on The Tyra Banks Show this Monday, 11/28 talking about all of the men she has slept with. That is basically the topic of her "bestselling" book. Nice role model/mentor for Christina, don't you think? Shame on you Starting Over.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... kissmiback 11-27-05 1
   RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... newgirl1 11-27-05 2
       RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... kissmiback 11-27-05 3
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... newgirl1 11-27-05 7
 RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... jaymcee2 11-27-05 4
   RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... snowflake2 11-27-05 5
       RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... jaymcee2 11-27-05 6
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... SeasonedRefinement 11-27-05 8
       RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... Labyrinth 11-28-05 14
 RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... Niquie 11-27-05 9
   RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... SeasonedRefinement 11-27-05 10
       RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... mhb0125 11-28-05 11
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... SeasonedRefinement 11-28-05 12
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... newgirl1 11-28-05 13
       RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... Labyrinth 11-28-05 15
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... newgirl1 11-28-05 16
 RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... sellis 11-28-05 17
   RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... snowflake2 11-28-05 18
   RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... bentherdunthat 11-28-05 19
       RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... Plainpeeps 11-29-05 20
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... I need to SO 11-29-05 21
               RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... newgirl1 11-29-05 22
                   RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... Amalfi coast girl 11-29-05 23
           RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... snowflake2 11-29-05 24
               RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne St... Labyrinth 11-29-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kissmiback 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kissmiback Click to send private message to kissmiback Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I compleatly agree with with you. Shame on you SO!!

11-27-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newgirl1 Click to send private message to newgirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
From the look of the previews of the show, Tyra doesn't seem to think that Karinne Steffans would make a good role model either.
She has slept with half the men in Hollywood and she has written a tell-all book about it. I think the very idea that Christina may work as her assistant on her next book, is just as bad as working as a waitress in a strip club. If they want her to get away from that lifestyle they need to keep her away from people like Karinne Steffans.

kissmiback 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kissmiback Click to send private message to kissmiback Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Does anyone know where I can find out where this show is going to be on in my area? I would like to see what she has to say for herself....H-E!

11-27-05, 09:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-05 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

I know it is on two different networks in my area. I am taping it at 5:00pm on UPN. Maybe that is where you can find it. It is also on in the morning on FOX.

jaymcee2 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaymcee2 Click to send private message to jaymcee2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Thanks for the info newgirl. I'll definitely try to watch Christina's mentor-ho tomorrow. Sounds like she is still hustling.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I think what we are seeing is the emergence of "prostitute as celebrity." Want to be famous, but can't really sing, act, play sports? Then maybe ho'ing is the ticket!

I don't understand why SO portrayed Karrine Steffans as an empowered woman or a literary figure. To me, all she is doing is temporarily borrowing some celebrity status from her famous clients. Would there really be any interest in her if she wasn't spilling intimate details on famous people?

I hope there aren't too many young girls "inspired" by her.

jaymcee2 16 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaymcee2 Click to send private message to jaymcee2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Amen.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-05, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Snowflake - 1000 points for you! Celebrity prostitutes - now isn't that the truth.

You're right...she can't sing, can't dance, can't act, has yet to produce anything worthy of a public library BUT she has been a receptacle for some pretty impressive DNA!

For the record, I'm not a big Tyra fan. Watching the both of them at the same time...it's not going to happen.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
> To me, all she
>is doing is temporarily borrowing
>some celebrity status from her
>famous clients.

and THAT is why she came on the SO show! These Faux Celebrities have to hitch their star onto other shows, other people, in order to keep their name out there, otherwise they would only be the shooting star of the week.

Karrine is using SO and Christina as much as Christina is going to use her. It's a mutual use each other, symbiotic-parasitic relationship so both of them can enchance their Star Quality. BLECK.

Niquie 17 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-05, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Niquie Click to send private message to Niquie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I agree, I think that SO needs to have better resources for the HG's to turn to for support. What kind of image does this portray for women everywhere. I also wonder if this was the book that Christina was going work on with her. If you think about the time frame of the show verse this show, it very well could be. I am definately going to check out the show to see what she has to say about this new book!

11-27-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
You know, I've been thinking about this Karinne Steffan thing. I cannot get my brain around this one.

I think Iyanla's hands may have been tied concerning Karinne's appearance on the show. Who knows how many men she's done (I'm not reading her books to find out) or what their connections are. The woman WANTS to be a celebrity. I think Karinne called in a favor - or threatened to expose someone - and Iyanla was forced to put a therapeutic spin on it. Actually, I have to believe that because Iyanla is not a stupid woman.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-28-05, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I immediately pushed record when I record your post. I want to see this lady outside of the SO house and their editing. And did you read the title of her book, "Confessions of a Video Vixen", how yuck! And why is everything nowadays confessions of this or confessions of that. Paris Hilton's book, Madonna's new album, Lindsay Lohan's song, it's the same thing as last year with the word "extreme"!

11-28-05, 02:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
OK mhb, now you've hit on three of my favs!

Paris Hilton & Madonna: I want to dip them both in Lysol...for a LONG time.

Lindsay Lohan: Her new "music" video, "Daughter to Father" - Wow! I'm sure her dad appreciates that heartfelt memorial. Happy Father's Day, Mr. Lohan!

Maybe they'll start a Celebrity/Talent Optional Starting Over House. Now, I'd love to watch these three chicas duke it out for camera time LOL! They'll make Allison look like the amateur she is.

11-28-05, 08:34 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Whatever happened to keeping private things private. Why is it everyone feels the need to air their dirty laundry in a public forum? Every time someone has an album or movie coming out they end up on Larry King or Oprah to reveal their secrets of a horrible childhood or the pain and suffering of chronic migrains or depression or whatever.

11-28-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
>I think Iyanla's hands may have
>been tied concerning Karinne's appearance
>on the show.

Notice that Iyanla was not around during any of Christina's interviews with Karrine?

Notice how Karrine is doing the talk show Tyra - which is on the program right before SO airs in my area of the country?

Karrine was put on the show because of some need to hype Karrine because whoever sells/produces or whatever marketingPR relationship SO has they needed to promote Karrine to.

From what people have said about the casting calls, the SO house already knows beforehand what "type" of people problems they want in the house. Why? Because they need it to fit their marketing and ratings program - hence we get Jill who is doing Jenny Craig (sponsor!), and we get Christina who is there to promote Karrine (ho-of-the-week).

Let me guess... next stop is Karrine's very own talk show! produced and hosted by the same group that does SO (which also does Real Life on MTV)... hmmm I smell a connection.

11-28-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
You are so smart Labyrinth and so right!

sellis 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-28-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sellis Click to send private message to sellis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
>Karinne Steffans will be on The
>Tyra Banks Show this Monday,
>11/28 talking about all of
>the men she has slept
>with. That is basically
>the topic of her "bestselling"
>book. Nice role model/mentor
>for Christina, don't you think?
> Shame on you Starting
>Over.

i saw her on tyra this morning and that is the same Karinne and in the music industry they call her SUPPER HEAD. i wonder if starting over knows here background. and if they do y would they have her be a role model to christina? can someone clear this for me?

11-28-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I think Lab has made some good points about why Karrinne showed up on SO.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I only saw the previews for Karinne on the Tyra Banks Show and it was a clip of Tyra asking about if she felt guilty exposing her famous clients and it showed Karinne saying "Then they shouldn't have done it" Well...by that logic we can continue to call you a DIRTY SLEAZEBALL WHORE because if you didn't want to be called that, "you shouldn't have done it".

Plainpeeps 18 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Plainpeeps Click to send private message to Plainpeeps Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I watched the Tyra show this morning when I found out Karrine was on. I found it very interesting that she kept claiming it was a "tell all book". Then went on to say that not everything is in the book and that she had to take some things out. Oh, and she dedicated the book to her young son. She's just someone wanting fame, she's willing to use her body for what she wants, and then tattle-tells on all the men who paid her good money for hookin around. If you missed the show, you didn't miss much.

I need to SO 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-05, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I%20need%20to%20SO Click to send private message to I%20need%20to%20SO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
The Ho Karrine said on the show that she didn't name names for the book to get attention. That is the biggest crock of crap that I have ever heard of. She named names in that book because she knew if she didn't then it wouldn't have gotten on the best seller lists that it is on and that it wouldn't have sold. She also said that the men that she named in the book are ok and didn't care that she used their names is also a load of crap. When she put those names in that book I bet she caused alot of issues with their families. I know if I was in the shoes of the men that slept with that ho and to find out she wrote a book and put my name in it I would sue the crap out of her. I sure wouldn't want my family, my kids, my kids friends and their parents to know that I had bedded down with a ho despite what was already out there about them. Then she dedicates the book to her SON! Come on now. Why on earth would you dedicate something like that to your son even if it is a part of your past. I wouldn't want my kid to know that I had bedded down with that many people and how much I was paid. Think of his friends. I wouldn't let my son go over there for fear of what might happen even if she says she has changed. I think she actually gets a kick out of who she slept with. She tells Christina that she has to put her past behind her and forget about it and what does Karrine do? Goes on the Tyra Banks show and says I did this and that and I slept with Shaq, etc. GET REAL.

11-29-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
I was surprised her time on the show with Tyra was so brief. What was interesting to me was that she didn't come off as the reserved, intellectual type she tried to portray on SO. She had the glasses but her attitude was very tough. She looked like she wanted to deck Tyra. She didn't seem pleased with the way the interview went.

Amalfi coast girl 396 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-29-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to send private message to Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
There is a thread on the general board re: interview with Karrine. In it there is a link to an article. The article specifically discusses the interview with Tyra and why she was angered. Apparently they slept with the same men and Tyra didn't want to admit it. At least that is Karrine's story.

11-29-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
Plainpeeps...

Not everything is in the book?? Ooooh, do I smell a sequel brewing??

11-29-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Christina's "mentor" Karinne Steffans on The Tyra Banks Show"
She mentions another book (sequel) coming out soon in the interview that is given in the link mentioned earlier in this thread (the link is in the General Info board)

Here it is
http://www.blacknews.com/pr/karrine101.html

God! After reading this Karrine is more of a skank then I thought. What an obnoxious B*tch! With this attitude her publicist is going to have a hard time getting her to promote her books.

I still say that Karrine is going to be hooked up with Bunim-Murray vs. their MTV connection. That's just the type of crowd that would eat her crap up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •