The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A cliffhanger coming our way?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

Imagine, if you will, Maraamu losing a fourth straight Immunity Challenge. JP gathers the folks around as one group and says this:

"Maraamu, you're going to Tribal Council again, and it would be pointless to continue in this fashion. So we're going to make a change. Tomorrow, either you will merge into one tribe, or be re-divided into two tribes of six at random. You should decide now what you're going to do."

And at that point in time the television program ends (well, after TC...) and we are left wondering what the outcome will be until the next show.

This idea does NOT conflict with several spoilers/info sources, to wit:

Gina can still be voted off (Pat's interviews).

Paschal standing right next to Rob. (See Bungler's recently posted pics of Ep.4 previews)

The "Winds of Change" title... we're getting wind that the change is happening, but won't see it until next time.

Varner-X. Kathy and/or Robert can still be voted off soon. And I've said before that Zoe might the the incorrect 1 of 6 in that list as Teresa was incorrect in Diane's Friends in S-III.

Your thoughts?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? MeToo 03-14-02 1
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 2
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? ulalame 03-14-02 3
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? ShowMeTheWinner 03-14-02 5
       RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? smiles 03-14-02 12
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? BrykMantra 03-14-02 7
       RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? Alpengeist 03-14-02 13
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? ShowMeTheWinner 03-14-02 4
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 6
       RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? ulalame 03-14-02 8
       RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? ShowMeTheWinner 03-14-02 9
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? wendyp 03-14-02 10
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? ShowMeTheWinner 03-14-02 11
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? Cin 03-14-02 14
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? Loree 03-14-02 15
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? kdzgon 03-16-02 16
   Sean's blue shirt? Krautboy 03-17-02 21
       RE: Sean's blue shirt? kdzgon 03-18-02 22
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? heymikey 03-16-02 17
   First 10 minutes TechNoir 03-16-02 18
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? VargasBros 03-17-02 19
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? SurvivinDawg 03-17-02 20
 RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? In The Woods 03-18-02 23
   RE: A cliffhanger coming our way? MeToo 03-18-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Definite possibility and more interesting than a 3-2 switch. What about conflict with the Varner-friend's spoiler which indicates Kathy is the next bootee? Kathy is a reasonable choice in the event of a pre-TC switch, no matter what tribe she ends up on.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any possible action (or inaction) MB can take that could even give the Moomoos a chance at this point. Even merging, switching and reshuffling leaves them at a total disadvantage and they haven't done anything to indicate that they may be smart enough on their own to help themselves. Their only chance is to win the next 3 immunities (w/o a switch) and I don't think they can win a fixed challenge. How the h*ll did they lose last night???

A cliffhanger would at least keep the show interesting during the completion of the tribicide. Perhaps the reason we don't see much of Rotu is because they will all be there after the merge.

MeToo

03-14-02, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
What about conflict with the Varner-friend's spoiler which indicates Kathy is the next bootee?

I am not assuming, nor have I ever assumed, that the bootees in Varner-X will go in the specific order listed. And, once again, Zoe might not even be one of the six (Gina might be, instead).

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-14-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
We are on the same wavelength. I have a feeling that, as usual, MB has successfully been misdirecting attention (reminiscent of S1 when every week we thought Richard was gonna go but it was always another Pagong) from the logical and obvious storyline. I think Maaramu loses soundly again and Gina goes next week. After that, I am sure there will be some kind of early merge or reshuffling of people. I still don't see how it will preclude a major Pagonging--after all, there will still be 8 true-Rotus to 4 Maaramus, however they are mixed up--it'll be like S3 when new Boran and new Samburu (generally) stuck by their tribal loyalties, leading to a final four all from one tribe.

Unless, of course, Rob the "villian" does exceedingly well at persuasion, and builds a strong alliance post-twist. You gotta wonder at the editing on this one--all I've seen on every survivor board is, "geez how stupid could Maaramu be voting out wonderful Hunter," and, "that Rob is a real idiot." Anyone smell a little Richard-editing in all this?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
all I've seen on every survivor board is, "geez how stupid could Maaramu be voting out wonderful Hunter," and, "that Rob is a real idiot."

And God am I tired of saying that Rob++ may have their own strategic reasons of voting Hunter off. They knew about the twist and keeping the strong might not be as good a strategy as it was like in S1 and S2. Players should probably try to vote off non-members of the core alliance as this person has low tribal loyalty and is likely to jump ship to the other tribe (eg. Frank and Teresa booting off Silas). Worse still if the strong person get switched to the opposing tribe in the twist and help the opposing tribe win more challenges. Overall I think the Hunter pick made sense for Rob++ as well.

Don't discount those seemingly Mad MooMoos yet...

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-14-02, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

>
>
>And God am I tired of
>saying that Rob++ may have
>their own strategic reasons of
>voting Hunter off

Agreed. I have been thinking that voting Hunter off might not have been a bad idea for Rob and the gang. What Hunter said at TC (was it TC?) was key. He made the statement (I will paraphrase) that they needed teamwork to win challenges and that is where the tribe is falling apart. If you think about it at least half of the players complained about Hunter. Regardless if he was the strongest his attitude was different from the rest of the tribe's.

With that said a cliffhanger has to come in the next episode. And with the cliffhanger something is going to have to happen that is good for Maraamu and somehow saves Gina. Based on the previews and Bungler's vidcaps the members shown in Maraamu seem content, but the Rotu members seem devastated. I am still going with my original theory that "the winds change" has to be something good for Maraamu. And voting Hunter off, although he was strong, will pay off for Maraamu.

BrykMantra 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrykMantra Click to send private message to BrykMantra Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
About the only thing preventing a major pagonging is not a merge but a 3-way *split*: Maybe 2M/2R, 2M/2R and 4R. That way, Rotu will have these chances of losing a member:

1) The All-Rotu's will come in 3rd on an IC and have to vote;

2) One of the two half-and-half teams will go to TC and the MuuMuu's will stand an even chance. Maybe this is even the reason that there's talk of prior TC votes not counting, because the MuuMuu's would be more likely to lose that way.

This is ass-u-me-ing, of course, that EvilPrick is not so evil and wants to prevent a total pagonging.

But then maybe he doesn't want that and will let nature take its course, and let the MuuMuu's fall where they may.

-----------------------------

Homer: "But Marge -- if I catch this fish, I'll be a hero! "

Marge: "A hero? ? ? To who? ? ? "

Homer: "To the weirdos at the worm store! "

Alpengeist 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-14-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
I agree completely! I have been talking about a break, not a merge, since before this season started, and I think this is the best place to do it - after MuuMuu has self-destructed!

Alp

03-14-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Sounds great but I think it's more for a future Survivor editions. From the preview pics that Bungler posted, it'd seem that whatever big surprise that they have in episode 4 was announced during the day. TCs are usually done at night so the cliffhanger can't happen for episode 4. A pretty good idea for Survivor 5 though.

03-14-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
You're slightly missing my point: After IC, they KNOW that Maraamu is going to TC that night. So after IC, J.P. makes the announcement... then TC is conducted, someone (likely Gina) takes the Walk Of Shame with the well-lit surf in the background... and we're wondering "What are they going to do next time?!?!"

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Actually, the more I think about this, the more I like it: what if the "twist" is, there is no merge or a later merge? Episode 4, Maaramus lose again, voting Gina off, and we get the cliffhanger ("The Winds Change,") that in the next episode there's going to be a reallocation of players or a swap or something.

E5 (The End of Innocence), the players are reallocated, either by a team-choosing, or Rotu being forced to give up two players to even things out. In any event, the teams end up being Rob/Sarah/Vee/Sean/Neleh and Paschal v. Zoe/Kathy/Robert/Gabe/Tammy/John. In E6, Rotu loses it's first immunity challenge, and has to vote out it's first player, who will be Kathy or Robert (per the VarnerX spoiler). The end of innocence has a double meaning for Rotu, as they both lose their innocent (Neleh) and their innocence, having to finally vote out a member.

Things go downhill for Rotu after that. They lose IC in E7, and vote out Kathy/Robert (which ever one was not voted out in E6).

E8 I'm still not totally clear on -- there could be a merge, but Rob has persuaded Neleh/Paschal to vote with his alliance and so the Pagonging of Rotu goes on and John or Tammy goes. Or, what if there is a later merge? No merge in E8, Maaramu wins immunity again, and Rotu is forced to vote out another player? In that scenario, John (or Tammy) would be the one to go as well.

Once the Rob alliance has the power, I don't think there's anything to stop a final four of Rob/Vee/Sean and Sarah.

03-14-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
9. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

Well sorry for the muddled explanations in the previous post (my bad) but what I meant was usually these kinds of big announcements would occur right after the TC boot and not after the IC because it'd be more dramatic that way and made for better TV. This announcement is so huge that announcing it right after the IC would undermine the suspense of that episode's bootee and would seem like an anti-climax. I just don't think cliffhangers would be announced in the middle of a show. They are indeed cliffhangers and the end of the show is the best time to announce it. I'd make more sense for JP to announce this after the TC, which is why I think the cliffhanger would not occur after the IC but after the TC itself.

Edited to add:
someone (likely Gina) takes the Walk Of Shame with the well-lit surf in the background... and we're wondering "What are they going to do next time?!?!"

If I understand you correctly, do you also mean that the TC will be held immediately after the challenge (with the well-lit surf in the background instead of in the night)? The usual Survivor editing usually give the Survivors sometime to think over their votes so I don't think MB would change this all of a sudden and make them vote immediately after the IC. Also, according to the Episode 4 preview thread set up by Bungler, it also seemed that there were Rotus present during the announcement. So I don't think the Gina boot would occur there and then.

I'm not saying that the cliffhanger is impossible and frankly I think that MB should steal this cliffhanger idea from you for future Survivor editions. However I don't think the cliffhanger announcement you mentioned would occur during this episode due to the reasons mentioned above.

PS: Further explanations to the replies to this post will be posted late coz my folks are coming to visit and I should haul my @$$ away from my computer.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-14-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Okay what if we look at it another way . . . they make the switch right after the IC. The comment "each contestent takes their own fate in their hands." What if this mean they have to pick out of a bowl what team they will be on. This could be the end of some one if they pick the team that is going to TC and they are out numbered by the other team. It would leave a cliff hanger to how will the teams work with each other in their new groups.

03-14-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
11. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Alright this would be a better way that it'd work. As I stated earlier, in order to make the show more dramatic, cliffhangers for the next episode are usually announced at the end of the show whereas cliffhangers for the episode itself could take place in the middle of the show.
Whatever the announcement is, judging from the time that it was announced, it'd have an effect on the show itself rather than next week's episode.

I also think that the announcement will occur before the IC to make it fair for the new team members as their survival in the game depends on how they performed at the IC

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Ok, I just thought of something here, what if JP gives them all a choice (which we are all kinda sure he does) and tells them, either Rotu forfits the next immunity challange OR they can switch the teams around some.

that gives them a choice, and it would also shake some things up.

thoughs?
Cin

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
That would be an easy choice for Rotu if they really want to get rid of a certain player. Kind of like new Boran throwing the IC so they could vote off Silas.

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-02 AT 06:07 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02
>AT 11:23 AM (EST)

>
>...>Paschal standing right next to Rob.
> (See Bungler's recently posted
>pics of Ep.4 previews)
>...>Your thoughts?
>

I think that is Sean next to Rob, not Pascal. Sean has a white hat (worn at TC, Ep3) and a long-sleeved blue shirt that color (Ep 3, morning radio show).

Pascal's hat is really an off-white or beige, not a white-white like this hat.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-17-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Sean's blue shirt?"
KDZgon: I went back and reviewed the tape from EP3 and yes Sean does have a white wide brim hat similiar to Paschal, but the blue shirt in the EP3 Morning radio show segment does is much more "navy" blue, than the bright "royal" blue shirt of Paschal (the same color as in the "Rob vidcap")

The bright sun on Pascals off-white hat probably makes it appear washed out or white in the picture. I'm still convinced that we see Paschal standing next to (or just in front of) Rob.

Krautboy

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sean's blue shirt?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-02 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Krautboy, I agree the shirt looks a darker blue (than Paschal's) in the morning show (he is wearing it again later in that same episode, too), but it is not as dark as navy and in a certain light it even takes on an almost purplish hue. The only other person with a shirt the color of Paschal's is Jeff, and no one so far seems to think it's him (does he even wear that kind of hat? I don't remember). I have a larger problem with seeing that hat as Paschal's, as his hat is not white. In any event, I think the likelihood is this pic is from a challenge, anyway. (Though I *am* getting quite good at being wrong! )

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-02, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
If you have seen the promos for the next episode, you will know that the "twist" will happen within the first 10 minutes of the episode.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-02, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "First 10 minutes"
No, no. The promos tell us not to miss the first 10 minutes. Your assumption that the "twist" comes in the first 10 minutes may be just what they want you to think.

Also, as has been discussed extensively on another thread (http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2383.shtml) there are many interpretations of what "twist" means in this context.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

VargasBros 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-17-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VargasBros Click to send private message to VargasBros Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
SurvivinDawg---

Like this idea, would really shake things up and make for great tv, but I want to clarify something.

Are you saying that ONLY Maraamu gets to decide if EVERYONE merges/reshuffles? This could definitely account for the upset Rotus we've seen in promo. (Although I tend to think that is from an actual storm.)

I think if your idea were to happen it would be the most evil thing MB has done yet!

03-17-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
I'm not actually sure just how it would happen. I just threw out the idea to get opinions and ideas.

I am beginning to be of the opinion, however, that the first 10 minutes are not going to be what we think it will be. The previews made sure to show Gina as they came back from Tribal Council. This almost HAS to be dealt with in the opening minutes. So whatever big happening occurs must do so later on.

Perhaps it is a real storm that wreaks havoc or something.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Please go easy on me since I don't post much. Thanks
My thought is this. The promos say the survivors' world are turned upside down. I'm thinking both camps are forced to move, maybe due to a storm, and are merged for an episode, then split up again into two different tribes. Possibly the fate in their own hands is that the rewards challenge is actually a way to make up the new tribes. Just a thought.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: A cliffhanger coming our way?"
Also a great idea. The trouble this week is that we have so little to go on, it could be just about anything.

Here's another thought. In S3, MB arranged the swap for obvious reasons: he knew darn well that Sambubu's could not win another challenge the way they were going and that it would be very boring television to watch the mallrats vote the geriatrics off week after week until they reached the merge. The situation is different this time. It is actually VERY interesting to watch the Godfather and the Mumu's self-destruct, at least for one more week (when things would be even). The way I see it, any switches or early merges are about increasing or at least saving the ratings. I think a switch/merge or any MB-orchestrated "twist" at this time would be more disappointing than anything. However, a weather or act-of-God (or even legal battle) related "twist" would be infinitely more interesting, regardless of how MB decides to deal with it. For this reason, I believe that's what will happen.

As for a reward challenge picking your new tribe, that could work very well, depending on how it's laid out. In fact, the first 10 minutes of the show could be about the "weather" (or whatever event beyond everyone's control), followed by treemail hinting at the RC.

Or I could be sadly mistaken. Just a thought.

MeToo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •