The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Key West"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-06, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Key West"
Well, you guys have a couple of days to tell me what's there to do in Key West, what we should absolutely make sure and do, go see, stuff like that. Then I'll be gone for the rest of the week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Key West Cygnus X1 01-16-06 1
 RE: Key West Puffy 01-16-06 2
 RE: Key West Estee 01-16-06 3
 RE: Key West AugustGirl 01-16-06 4
   RE: Key West kathliam 01-16-06 5
 RE: Key West brvnkrz 01-16-06 6
 RE: Key West geg6 01-16-06 7
 RE: Key West survivorscott 01-16-06 8
 RE: Key West batts 01-16-06 9
 RE: Key West SherpaDave 01-16-06 10
   RE: Key West dabo 01-17-06 11
       RE: Key West motormouth 01-17-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Key West"
I hear there's good snorkeling in Fort Jefferson to the west.

Also, there's the Dolphin Research Center up in Marathon, if you have transportation there.

Have a blast!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Key West"
Have fun celebrating your anniversary!

Snowed in by Tribephyl

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Key West"
Duval Street is the tourist pen. You can find a lot of interesting stuff there, but that's where the city is trying to channel you. Try to get off the main avenue and go on a walking tour of the rest. You don't get the real Key West until you get away from the planned chaos.

If at all possible, try to spot a key deer.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Key West"
Lucky duck! I love Key West.

Even though *all* the tourists do it, you have got to watch the sunset from Mallory Square. It is too much fun.

http://www.sunsetcelebration.org/

It's an Arkie.

Have fun!

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-16-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Key West"
Ah, the memories. Mallory Dock isn't the same now that they've built fancy hotels and reduced the size of (and access to) the dock. Oh, the old days when all the freaks would gather to gather to watch sunset and watch the street performers and sell their wares.

Yea, I'm old.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Key West"
We spent the greater part of the day bar hopping when we went. But we did go and see Hemingway's house so it wasn't a completely hedonistic day.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Key West"
I'm gonna talk food.

Make sure you get off the beaten path of Duval Street and find one the little family-run Cuban restaurants. Yummy, yummmy.

I'd also recommend the restaurant owned by the actress from Top Gun (Kelly something?). Can't remember the name of it, but the food and service were excellent. And the bar is really cool. It is apparently the building in which one of the airlines had its beginning and has really cool memorabilia from that period.

Just off Duval are several cigar shops. Even if you don't smoke cigars, you can go in and watch them custom roll cigars. And the smells! Unsmoked cigars, for some reason, smell wonderful.

And I agree with others, even though it's a total cliche. Take in sunset in Mallory Square. Much as it has become more commercialized, it is still one of the greatest freak shows of all time.

If you can drive up that far, take in Pennecamp Park. If you dive, it's a great place to do that.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-16-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Key West"
Key West was where I went on my honeymoon, and my new wife decided to join me too.

My favorite place to eat there is a place called The Half Shell raw Bar. Good Seafood and lots of local flavor.

A good place to spend some time is the cemetary. There is actualy a lot of history to that particular plot of land.

There is of course Hemingways house the fort and the lighthouse, and of course Mel Fischer's Treasure Museum.

If you want to do something a little wild go to a bar called "The Garden of Eden" it is on the third floor of a bar called the bull and whistle. It also happens to be an open air clothing optional bar, so if you want to get a good tan, thats one place to go. remember the word optional, most people go just to say they have been, but don't take the option. Don't feel like you have to, no one trys and forces you to.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-16-06, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Key West"
The Real World Key West house is on 32 Driftwood Drive. The roomies have moved out of the house and it should start airing shortly..... but it's an awesome house from what I've heard.
pics ....
.;']
asdfjkl;
blah blah filler....
uno dos tres....
more filler...

heres a better picture...

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Key West"
Happy anniversary, dabs!

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-06, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Key West"
Thanks!

So, there's not a lot to do there, just:

Snorkling at Fort Jefferson
A dolphin place (wasn't actually planning on leaving KW but this sounds neat)
The typical tourist shopping area
sunset at Mallory Sqaure
bar hopping
Hemingway's
Cuban food
Kelly McGillis's
cigar making
Pennecamp Camp (I was actually planning on not driving at all, but we'll see)
Half Shell raw Bar (my better half might balk at that)
cemetary
lighthouse
Mel's Museum
a you-go-nudie bar (my better half would definately balk at that)
A Real World House!

and I'm surprised Sherps and no one else metioned
The Tennessee Williams Theatre

Anyway, thanks to all for your input, I'm mainly just wanting to relax and enjoy, the sunset thing is one I'm certainly gonna do!

SMILES ARE FREE

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-17-06, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Key West"
Sloppy Joe's, on Duval Street was a fun place too, even in the daytime.

have a great time!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •