The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Non elimination?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Non elimination?"
Some believe next week to be the first of three, yet I remember posting an article here in which Phil the host said that all non elimination rounds would be during a two hour episode, the firt hour without elimination, the second hour with. Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Non elimination? katem 04-04-02 1
 RE: Non elimination? rucksack 04-04-02 2
   RE: Non elimination? smiles 04-04-02 3
       RE: Non elimination? curveball 04-04-02 4
 I'm skeptical realitybites 04-04-02 5
   RE: I'm skeptical curveball 04-04-02 6
       Disagree AyaK 04-04-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-04-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Non elimination?"
See, if TAR2 goes like the first season, then the next ep is a non-elimination.

I have read on the boards what you are saying about Phil's comments, but not one person has been able to say where they heard this comments.

If you can remember, it would be helpful to see if it is true. Also, keep in mind that TV Guide does not contemplate that two hour episode that people are talking about.

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Non elimination?"
Obviously I have too much free time on my hands today as I found the article in question...

http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=4552

Here is the part I mentioned:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"RTVF: Are we going to have the occasional week when there won't be anybody eliminated?

Phil: What we're going to do is in an episode where there is no team eliminated, and obviously we need to do that because of the math, because we have 11 teams and we have 13 episodes and because we need to have a certain number of teams running towards the finish line, what we're going to do is we're actually going to run some episodes back-to-back. So in an episode where there is no elimination, we'll put a 2 hour block on that night where the next episode WILL have an elimination. So in that given night you will see an elimination. So that will be a 2 hour block of the show so that will be 9 and then 10. I think that will be interesting."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

But as you say, the TV guide listings for the next two weeks only show one episode per night, so perhaps they changed their mind to increase the surprise factor. Or, maybe they will keep all the non-elimination rounds towards the end, so we can really get to see the last three or four teams compete against each other.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Non elimination?"
If TV guide doesn't have the times blocked out already then there is a very slim chance that the non-elimination rounds will be in the next couple of weeks.

I would bet that they happen near the end.

smiles

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Non elimination?"
actually you'll notice the 48 hours segment listed after TAR2 next week has no title / description. Previously there has always been a title and a little blurb about the show, and since this one does not have anything, I would bet 9-10 is a non-elim, and 10-11 is TAR2, with an elimination.

-cb

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I'm skeptical"
Yahoo! listings for "The Early Show" for Thursday, April 11 shows "Amazing Race 2 castoff", and that's the best information I have so far.

TV Guide shows nothing for TES, and nothing else shows thumbs up or thumbs down.

I think if CBS were going to show two episodes next week, they would have been wise to mention it in their promos.

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-02, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'm skeptical"
I disagree. First of all, there will always be a castoff, on the second episode. Secondly, we know there are three non-elims. Last year, when they spoke on non-elims they did not count the final "double episode" as a non elim (remember the speculation that Guido would be elim in Alaska because all the non-elims were used up) So...we have 6 teams, which means 3 more elims before the final, which means each of the next three episodes will all be non elim/elim double episodes. CBS will not mention this because they might not have much viewing for the first part, they will make you watch it, and then say...oops, nobody is out, but don't change the channel...here's another hour...

Notice the tv guide listing for the next two weeks, 10pm slot on CBS is listed 48 hours, but no title / discussion of the show. There will be no 48 hours. Grab a seat and strap yourselves in folks, we're headed for three straight weeks of back-to-back TAR2.

-cb

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-02, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Disagree"
If TAR2 stays on its current one-a-week schedule, then the last episode will show on the last day of the May sweeps (FWIW, the Survivor finale was moved to the preceding Sunday because, if it stayed on Thursday, it would not fall in the May sweeps). Most likely, The West Wing will finish its season the week before, meaning that the TAR2 finale could get a great rating if no one mucks around with it!

Personally, I think Phil was being straightforward with RTVF, but he was just incorrect. Had the ratings dropoff that afflicted TI2 or The Mole 2 hit TAR2, then CBS probably would have done what Phil said. But why mess with a winning combination?

Anyway, the only RTVF interviews that I 100% trust are the ones written by Jill Jensen....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •