The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-08-02, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
Here are the clues given for next episode (episode 3):

"Injuries plague a tribe, which employs a remedy you won't believe".
Rotu for sure but what's the remedy? I hope it isn't John slicing off Robert's toe as it sure looked like here

"Mutual admiration forms a close bond between two unlikely castaways".
Unlikely castaways? I'd have gone with Hunter and Sarah but "mutual admiration" doesn't fit here.
Neleh and Paschal-- they don't seem very unlikely and they're forever hugging each other in the background.
Neleh and Robert??? This could be interesting...

"One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather" and works to proceed accordingly". Sounds Italian to me. But is it Rob or Robert? How did he proceed accordingly?

Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... redandwhite 03-08-02 1
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... SurvivinDawg 03-08-02 2
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... SurvivorBlows 03-08-02 3
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... Bebo 03-08-02 4
   Not Sean and Hunter ... TechNoir 03-08-02 6
       RE: Not Sean and Hunter ... whodat 03-08-02 7
       Hidden alliances Bebo 03-08-02 8
           RE: Hidden alliances esquire 03-08-02 10
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... whodat 03-08-02 5
   RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... sleeeve 03-08-02 13
   RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... Alien Probe 03-08-02 14
   RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... pisspoorprotoplasm 03-11-02 27
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... SurvivaBear 03-08-02 9
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... Uncle_Fester 03-08-02 11
   RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... cowboyroo 03-08-02 12
   RE: bamboo spikes underneath the to... combatwombat 03-11-02 32
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... mightyjoeyoung 03-08-02 15
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... Java 03-08-02 16
   shame on you Java, shame on you shakes the clown 03-09-02 17
       still, she makes a good point NightScribe 03-09-02 18
           you too Scribe???? shakes the clown 03-09-02 19
               RE: you too Scribe???? true 03-09-02 20
   RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... dangerkitty 03-09-02 21
       RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... TheWanderer 03-11-02 26
   maybe Java 03-09-02 22
       RE: maybe Lisapooh 03-11-02 25
           RE: maybe katem 03-11-02 28
               Hijack AyaK 03-12-02 34
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... ShowMeTheWinner 03-10-02 23
 Dead Weight mavsfan 03-11-02 24
   RE: Dead Weight Wacko Jacko 03-11-02 29
       RE: Dead Weight TheWanderer 03-11-02 30
           Switch? What Switch? Wacko Jacko 03-11-02 31
 RE: Can you solve the mystery for E... sibir 03-11-02 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

redandwhite 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redandwhite Click to send private message to redandwhite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

I have a couple of theories about the "mystery". The two unlikely castaways could be Gabe and Kathy. They have been shown to have a wee bit of animosity towards one another, so they would be and unlikely pair; and they both seem to be the type of people to put aside differences and replace it with a grudging respect for one another.

I think that the Godfather reference has to refer to Sean. He is the only one cocky enough to seem to think that he is in absolute control. Also, he seems to be a very entertainment savvy guy, and would enjoy being the very first african american godfather.

Edited to say that this is in no way to be considered a racial slur.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-02, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
"Mutual admiration forms a close bond between two unlikely castaways".
Neleh and Paschal-- they don't seem very unlikely and they're forever hugging each other in the background.

Nevertheless, I think that it IS Neleh and Paschal that we're talking about here, to wit:

Neleh is very young (the youngest of this group, I think?) and seemingly fragile (but she proved she was tough in the IC).

Paschal is old (the oldest of this group, I think?) and seemingly unable to handle it (but as I posted in a spoiler, this might be MB misdirection as Paschal is in great shape).

Neleh, being young, might be perceived as carefree, whereas Paschal is the staid old judge.

What common interests or experiences could they possibly have? Apparently they've found some.

It looks like Elisabeth/Rodger all over again.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
>Here are the clues given for
>next episode (episode 3):
>
>"Injuries plague a tribe, which employs
>a remedy you won't believe".

Well, if John and/or Robert are suffering from something like a jellyfish sting or such, maybe there's a chance they will reenact that famous 'Friends' down on the Jersey shore episode... OK, maybe not, but it would be something you'd have to see to believe.

>"Mutual admiration forms a close bond
>between two unlikely castaways".

I think it's going to be two people who going into the game were unlikely FROM A DEMOGRAPHIC OR PERSONALITY stand point. ...not two people who were conflicting the first two episodes and suddenly decide to put things aside. Remember it says "mutual admiration" -- not "need to survive." People who were openly conflicting don't just overnight decide to mutually admire each other and form a close bond. Based on that, it would seem safe to eliminate just about all of Maraamu.

I'd say Paschal and Neleh are a good bet, with the rest, there really isn't much for folks to admire yet. Neleh came up big in the challenge, and Paschal is showing he can kinda carry his own load. Robert has shown nothing to admire so far, nor have Zoe or Tammy. Another possibility might be John and Gabriel -- both seem to want to be in a position of leadership, and both seem willing to confront Kathy.

>"One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather"
>and works to proceed accordingly".
>Sounds Italian to me. But
>is it Rob or Robert?
>How did he proceed accordingly?

As others have suggested, Sean is a possibility, but my money is on Rob. Both Rob and Robert list The Godfather among their favorite movies -- and they are the only two to do so. My guess is Rob becomes cocky after Patricia's booting and figures Hunter now has to play by Rob's rules (remember, this is a guy who in his application video claims that he can play mind games with the best of them.)

-SB

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

>"Injuries plague a tribe, which employs a remedy you won't believe".

Anyone remember the episode of Friends years ago, when Monica got stung by a jellyfish and the guys peed on her leg to stop the sting? There's all sorts of interesting sea creatures out there... (edited to add: OMG, SB!!!!! We posted at the same time)

>"Mutual admiration forms a close bond between two unlikely castaways".

Neleh and Paschal could work, but the young/old bond is really not that unusual for Survivor (Lis/Rodger, Ethan/MamaKim)

Could be John and Kathy, with Kathy lowering her aggressiveness once John shows off his nursing skills on the injuries.

Could also be Sean and Hunter, who finally drop the alpha male battle and decide to work together to avoid tribal annihilation. A mutual dislike of Sarah could bring these two together. Right now, their tribe is split 2-2-2, and both could be trying to remove Sarah's influence from Rob by voting her off and getting Rob to make a threesome. (I won't edit that so that the dirty-minded folks can have a giggle.)

>"One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather" and works to proceed accordingly". Sounds Italian to me. But is it Rob or Robert?

Could be Rob. He spelled his strategy out quite well during the last episode, and he's still trying to decide whether to throw in with Hunter/Gina or Sean/Vee. He could be trying to figure out which pair deserves to get "an offer they can't refuse".

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Not Sean and Hunter ..."
Could also be Sean and Hunter, who finally drop the alpha male battle and decide to work together to avoid tribal annihilation.

Try Hunter and Vee instead. I don't see Sean and Vee as a twosome ... Sean does but I think the rest is serendipity and EPM misdirection. And she seems thoughtful and industrious. Could just been what it sounds like ... mutual admiration/respect.

First of the 60 pixel series.

whodat 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whodat Click to send private message to whodat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not Sean and Hunter ..."
Although I'm sticking with my Gabe/Kathy gut feeling, the Vee/Hunter scenario is very possible.

As I was looking over sleeve's wonderful "The Survivor Formula... Spoiling the Tribal Dynamics" post, I actually began to see Vee and Hunter take on the Teresa/Frank personality.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2232.shtml

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Hidden alliances"
>Try Hunter and Vee instead.
>I don't see Sean and
>Vee as a twosome ...
>Sean does but I think
>the rest is serendipity and
>EPM misdirection.

I like this theory. Vee has expressed public admiration for Hunter before, and has been shown in conversation with him and Gina.

I don't put a lot of stock in the last TC showing clear alliances. IMHO, Sarah and Patricia were both reasonable people to vote for at the last TC, so I don't think we should read too much into the fact that Vee and Sean voted the same way that Rob and Sarah did.

The alliances have appeared so obvious so far -- maybe this is the hidden alliance that MB has been hiding to this point. The interesting thing will be what Sean decides to do if Vee is indeed allying with Hunter and Gina. Will he get over his disdain for being the Waterboy and stick with them in bringing down Sarah (who annoys him), or will he try to force a tie by voting with Rob and Sarah against Gina? If they don't know that prior votes don't count anymore, I think he'll join H/G/V, since under the old rules Sarah would lose a tie break.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hidden alliances"
What indication is there that Vee is with Hunter. So far she has voted differently than him in both tribal counsels.

whodat 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whodat Click to send private message to whodat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
Long time lurker....first time poster.

From the CBS survivor site in the "survivor skills" section on the Marquesas tour: "You can neutalize the poisonus bite of centipedes by applying urine to the bitten area." That's my vote for the "remedy you won't believe".

Maybe Robert is bitten on the foot by a centipede and John not yet knowing if it is a sting or a bite is using the knife to look for a stinger.

John's hand really looks like a burn ( I think) and doesn't that look like the fire pit behind him?

My close bond vote is Gabe and Kathy. The snorkeling equipment swings the food hunting skills more toward skill (John) and away from dogged preseverance (Kathy), helping John in his bid to become "the provider". I think Kathy will try to hitch her wagon to the likable flower child. To me she is turning into a subtle manipulator....everybody gripes about how she harps on specific tasks...but then they get off their butts and do exactly the thing SHE wants.

Godfather vote goes to Rob. I think he is the only one stupid enough to dub himself with a title like that.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
I think you're right... I just posted the same thoughts to the other preview thread... SEE WHY THERE SHOULD ONLY BE ONE OF THEM... lots of duplicate work going on... oh well...

Anyway, yes... I'm thinking a centepede bite, and urination... that's about the only "remedy that no one will believe" that I can think of.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Alien Probe 11 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alien%20Probe Click to send private message to Alien%20Probe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
Urine can also be used to neutralize scorpion and sting ray poison and it's possible those critters exist on the island and in the ocean respectively. So I believe that urine could possibly be the unbelievable treatment.

pisspoorprotoplasm 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pisspoorprotoplasm Click to send private message to pisspoorprotoplasm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
I too am a first time poster. Some thoughts...

In previous posts, pics were shown with Kathy and Robert kissing. Could this kiss be the result of mutual admiration for toughing out an injury?

Also, did John burn his hand while sterilizing the knife in the fire pit, so that he could use it to remove something from Robert's foot?

Anxiously awaiting comments...

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
>"Injuries plague a tribe, which employs
>a remedy you won't believe".

I like the urinate on it theory.

>"Mutual admiration forms a close bond
>between two unlikely castaways".

What about Rob and Sean? I see Sean's comments ("I won't tell you who to vote for.") as manipulative, implying that unlike Hunter, I will not force you to vote your girlfriend off. Perhaps, Rob comes to admire Sean's spirituality and Sean admires something about Rob that we do not know about yet.

>"One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather"
>and works to proceed accordingly".
>Sounds Italian to me. But

I say Rob does something in the next episode that not only gains him the admiration of Sean, but perhaps gets him dubbed the "Godfather". Leave it to Rob to believe his own hype.

"Destined for Greatness!"

Uncle_Fester 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Uncle_Fester Click to send private message to Uncle_Fester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
I have a theory on Robert's injury. Look at this vidcap with the caption: (after a loud thump) John: let me see Rob.

I think Robert drops the bamboo poles on his toe causing a blood blister under the toenail. This is very painful and the only way to relieve the pain would be to relieve the pressure. Maybe John is relieving the pressure by pushing a splinter underneath the toenail to create a channel for drainage. In this vidcap John has a small splinter in his left hand, he is either removing it or trying to make a drainage channel.

This would be very painful and may also add credit to one of the other poster thinking they heard someone say, "is it broken or I think it is broken" refering to Roberts toe.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
I totally agree with the urinating for injury resolution. Not many things that would fit a 'you have to see to believe' scenario.

I think the mutual admiration may be Vee and Gina with their mutual admiration for Hunter. But don't know if that fits "unlikely" or not. I don't think its Paschal/Neleh. We've seen them joining together already. Or maybe it is Gabriel/Kathy. He got her to open up so their mutual admiration could be in respecting their differences and learning from each other.

The Godfather has to be Rob in my eyes. He feels a power surge from convincing Sean/Vee to vote out momma, the accent fits, adn the Godfather gets rid of people who aren't loyal.

combatwombat 15 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail combatwombat Click to send private message to combatwombat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: bamboo spikes underneath the toenail"
Shoving a piece of bamboo up a toe nail to make a 'drainage channel' for a blood-blister brings tears to my eyes!! (Robert would be screaming!)

Surely a nurse and three years as an air-force medic - if we believe the bio - would have John heating the blade and using the hot point to 'melt' through the top/flat of the toenail to release the pressure. Maybe he's already done that and the 'juice' is still under there, hence the bamboo wedge. (Done both to lots of people, and once to myself - just ask any carpenter!)

The limping around by Robert suggests a foot/toe injury. A blood blister is one thought; another thought is maybe John is trying to wiggle or pull out a bamboo splinter with the knife - but don't they have tweezers? (Also shoved a big splinter up my finger in freezing water and pulled it out with my teeth; but another post was dead on - it hurt like hell after the cold-numbness wore off, and did get infected).

John ain't gonna be doing any serious running about soon in either event. Probably can't even walk hardly.

Re: John's own injury. It looks like it is on the medial aspect of the palm -i.e. the meaty bit of the palm halfway between his pinkie and his wrist. It looks like little white bubbles, which suggests either an immediate 2nd or 3rd degree burn (cold water or pee on it quickly, mate).

Else he has multiple bites from something, but they would be bright red rather than white, surely?

No comment on the Godfather, except Robert probably wouldn't want to be labelled that (let alone 'TaxiDriver') unless the rest of the team calls him that out of kidding around.

My 2 cents.

mightyjoeyoung 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mightyjoeyoung Click to send private message to mightyjoeyoung Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
"Mutual admiration forms a close bond between two unlikely castaways"

Hmmmmm... I'm thinking that they are saying 2 unlikely castaways because they won't suspect that it is going to be TWO MEN!!! It has never happened on Survivor before but this time I believe that it is going to be two men getting together. Who? I'm not sure but I'm guessing John and someone. Probably Gabe.

Any one else agree??

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
"One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather" and works to proceed accordingly".

Okay, I'm really reaching here. Robert listed 'The Godfather Saga' as his favorite movie (along with Rob). In his audition tape he is shown with a toddler, yet his bio lists no children. Perhaps the toddler is his godson, which would make him "The Godfather".

Now, I never saw these movies, so I don't really know what the Godfather does in the pics. Does he ever sit around (while injured or not) and act in a particular manner?

Goe Zoe!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "shame on you Java, shame on you"
>Now, I never saw these movies,
>so I don't really know
>what the Godfather does in
>the pics.

...Java, you should be too ashamed and embarrased to even admit that. I'm actually embarrassed for you right now. Your only plausible excuse is that you've never owned a TV, VCR or DVD player...or maybe you were in a coma for the past 25 years, or maybe you're in the Taliban and you have no care for anything that represents great Americana.

Either way, don't ever admit that again, for your own good and safety.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "still, she makes a good point"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-02 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

Well, I've seen parts of the Godfather, and I think Java's query was a good one -- that is, what role does the Godfather take on? Figuring this out might help us locate the poser.

So, from what I remember about The Godfather, Don Corleone has a couple of roles: 1) To bump of the guy in charge to gain power (G1), 2) to bring warring families together (G2), 3) To fullfill general Godfather duties, like granting permission for certain things, etc..

Assuming this is about Rob, not Robert (cus I can't see Robert, who's not helped his tribe much due to illness and injury, taking on this attitude) what would be his next logical role? To bump off (or depose) the HMFIC -- i.e. Hunter.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "you too Scribe????"
>Well, I've seen parts of the
>Godfather,

....PARTS!?!??! Parts?! What the hell kind of crap is that. You too should hang your head in shame. You shouldn't be allowed to watch another movie for the rest of your sheltered wasted life until you go back and watch the whole friggen movie, and not just Part I but also Part II which features DiNero as a young Vito Corleone.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: you too Scribe????"
I have to agree with shakes here...WHAT!! You haven't seen THE GODFATHER! I lock myself in and watch the whole thing at least once a year, by far the BEST movie of ALL TIME.

Anyway, on to the subject of how it relates to the survivors. One of the main things the Godfather does is grant favors. Throughout the movie, people come to him to solve their problems. The catch is, by doing so, you become indebted to him. You WILL be asked to return the favor, and it won't always be easy.

So, I think this could have to do with Rob going to Sean in an attempt to save Sarah. Sean sided with Rob, to save Robs voting partner (Sarah) and now Rob owes Sean. OR, Sean felt vulnerable at the last TC, and went to ROB and promised him something to save his skin by ousting Trisha. Could go either way.

It is interesting that Rob listed this as his favorite movie, I don't think it will have anything to do with Rotu Robert. But I could see Rob comparing himself to The Godfather if he feels he granted Sean some big favor.

It possibly could refer to a deal that Rob could strike with Hunter in this episode. I'm really not sure, but I would bet it has something to do with granting/owing favors, and not about bumping anybody off (lol, now THAT would be a ratings grabber)

Either way, ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves for not seeing this brilliant film. RENT IT TODAY! (however, avoid part 3, it doesn't hold a candle to Parts 1 and 2..even though Andy Garcia is HOT)

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-09-02, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
The Godfather reference is interesting. I think the "favors" ideas are good. Also, the (arguably) most famous line uttered by The Godfather is "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." Perhaps the somebody actually quotes that line, presumably in regards to efforts to bring another person into the alliance/voting bloc.

Either that, or a horse's head is going to end up in Rob and Sarah's Love Raft.

Ack!! Who are these people who haven't seen "The Godfather" even once?? See the original and Part II IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
... on the other hand.... Rob could go to Hunter and make him an offer he can't refuse.... Rob will vote with Hunter against Sean thereby protecting Sara. Rob tells Hunter he will convince Sara to vote off Sean as well. Therefore, at TC, you have Hunter, Rob, Gina and Sara vote against Sean. But the question is... would Hunter go for a deal like that at this point in the game? It would only make sense if they knew they were down to few enough members to force a merge. If they know about the swap (as MB indicated they knew), it may make sense, so as not to send a physically strong member over to the other team.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "maybe"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-02 AT 08:38 PM (EST)

Maybe I'll rent this movie. But then again, maybe not. I hate being told what to do. And I like to annoy the clown.

Embarassed? Naw. I obviously have no taste in entertainment. I watch Survivor.

Goe Zoe!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: maybe"
Godfather II is the better movie. But they are both awesome!

Seriously Java - you have to watch all 3 in a row (the 3rd one sucks, but you still have to watch it). This was the first of our movie/food theme nights.

Get a bunch of peeps together and have each person bring Italian food. Then sit it around and watch them all and eat excessively. Helpful hint: wear elastic-waist pants. These are long movies and that's a lot of food.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: maybe"
Java, just to add that Godfather 3 is not a bad movie, it is actually pretty good, it's just that compared to the other two, it just does not hold a candle to them, but it is still a great conclusion to the story.

WATCH ALL THREE !!!!!

As for the info on this thread. I think Sean is really the dumb one that wants Hunter gone, but I cannot count out Hunter just yet, he might make a deal with Rob to oust Sean.

Anyway, I think the only safe person in Mumu this week is Vee, and only by default.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Hijack"
...uh, Godfather 3 is a horrible movie based on what should have been a great idea (the Vatican-Mafia scandals and the rumor that Pope John Paul I was murdered because of them). Unfortunately, after his near-bankruptcy over Apocalypse Now, Francis Ford Coppola became unsure of himself as a director, and he ruined the story with a surprisingly ham-handed touch. Plus, Winona ("what should I shoplift next?") Ryder pulled out of the movie at the last minute. In her place as Michael's daughter, Francis cast his untalented daughter Sophia, exposing her to international ridicule.

A great shame, because Coppola's Godfather 2 is, in my opinion, the best movie ever made, and Coppola's The Godfather is pretty darn good itself. Oh, and you should also see Coppola's ORIGINAL (NOT the reissue) Apocalypse Now and The Conversation, plus Patton (a Coppola Oscar-winning screenplay).

After Apocalypse Now, the only Coppola product worth dealing with is the Niebaum~Coppola Winery wines, which are pricey but excellent.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-02 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

Agree with you guys that the remedy's probably urine as indicated on the CBS website that urine is used to treat bites, etc.

Think that "the Godfather" is probably Rob. He just sounds like the kind of guy who would say something like that and plus the fact that he pointed out Godfather as his favorite movie. "Proceed accordingly" sounds like his tribe is about to go to TC and he's gonna vote off Hunter. (dumb, dumb, dumb)

I had a lot of trouble trying to make up my mind about the second clue until:

It's Kathy and Robert!!! How unlikely can it get other than this???!!!
Maybe those injuries create hallucinations or something ;)

But seriously, maybe Kathy's nice and took good care of Robert when he was sick and he was touched by her gesture. Now we know, there won't be a unanimous vote to oust Kathy in future TC. It's up to Robert to see if he can save Kathy just like Rob saved B!tchney.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Dead Weight"
Robert has a foot injury. It could be from an insect such as a scorpion, or centipede. He could have twisted his ankle, or smashed his toe.

I would expect any of these injurys to be a huge problem during the physical challenges over the next 3 days, maybe longer. In a physical challenge he's going to be Dead Weight.

I am a firm believer that MB chooses challenges that favor one team over another so that they don't become too lopsided. Thus I expect the immunity challenge this week will be physical, and that Robert will have to compete. (Robert sat out the last time Rotu had to sit someone down).

If Robert hasn't fully recovered and has to compete, it gives me a reasonable degree of confidence that Rotu will have to go to TC this week. -- The question then is does Rotu get rid of the injured Robert (as I expect), or the annoying Kathy (as we've been led to believe), or someone completely different?

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-11-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Dead Weight"
Exactly. And I think Rotu will have to put up with Kathy for one more week. Robert was also suffering from being sick last week. I think Robert is a goner.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-02, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Dead Weight"
Although Robert has been "sick" , he seems to pull his weight in the challenges. John said the main reason Robert was sick was due to lack of (substantial) protein. That may be solved if they catch a pig, chicken or goat. Kathy's abrasiveness and non-involvement with the rest of her tribe members make her a bigger target in TC.

What is more perplexing, is we've not really seen the alliances in the Rotu tribe. For argument's sake if Maraamu loses the IC in Ep3, they will then be down 8-5, so if the switch doesn't occur after the RC while Maraamu still has 6 members, it may occur next episode if Maraamu loses, if the switch occurs at all.
Let's say the switch occurs after Maraamu loses the Ep 3 IC. How many members will be switched?
The most you could switch and remain any semblance to your original tribe is 2 members. Maraamu would send (IMO) Sara and Sean; Rotu would send Kathy and Robert.

If the switch occurs before the IC, here are a couple of permutations that pose some interesting scenarios:
1) Maraamu sends Sean, Sarah and Rob; Rotu sends Kathy, Robert and Paschal. We should see some interesting fireworks if that occurs.
2) Maraamu sends Hunter, Gina and Vee; Rotu sends Kathy, Robert and Paschal. If this scenario occurs, the new Rotu tribe would wipe the floor with the new Maraamu tribe. Do you think MB would let a combo like this occur?

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-11-02, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Switch? What Switch?"
If Maraamu is down any amount of members to Rotu switching just gives Rotu the game. That kills all the suspense. A switch only works when both tribes are even. In Africa, if you remember both tribes had 6 members left and it was already known to Burnett that the young Mall Rats were to vote out Frank and Teresa next. On the other side, Burnett knew (although) it was withheld from the tv audience that Ethan, Tom, Lex and Kim J had an alliance. Clarence and Kelly were next. He wanted to stir things up and make it more interesting. If Rotu is leading lets say 8 to 4 how does this get things stirred up by pulling the switch? The answer is they don't. Burnett will only use the switch to make the game more interesting. A switch in this instance will kill the game not make it better. Therefore Burnett would better be served by staging the challenges so that Maaramu wins one or two (ie SOS, puzzles, mazes).

sibir 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sibir Click to send private message to sibir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Can you solve the mystery for Episode 3?"
I seem to recall that for some stings, scorpion maybe?, putting water as hot as possible on the sting helps neutralize venom...living in Canada home to many stinging creatures ( not) I may have dreamed this...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •