The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Titles Give Clues?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-02, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Titles Give Clues?"
Next week's show is "No Pain No Gain"
Well, the previews show that Rotu is definitely in pain. Perhaps that leads to their "gain" or another immunity win.

The following week is "The Winds Twist"
Now, Rotu, means "wind". If Rotu wins a 3rd immunity, Mark has to do something to give the despondent Mamus some hope--thus here comes the "twist" again.

And, tonight's episode, Nacho Mama, certainly gave away that some didn't like Patricia and she would be gone.

Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Titles Give Clues? smokedog 03-08-02 1
 RE: Titles Give Clues? ShowMeTheWinner 03-08-02 2
   RE: Titles Give Clues? Alpengeist 03-09-02 3
       RE: Titles Give Clues? shakes the clown 03-09-02 4
           RE: Titles Give Clues? MikeD 03-09-02 5
           RE: Titles Give Clues? Alpengeist 03-09-02 6
               RE: Titles Give Clues? MDSkinner 03-10-02 8
                   RE: Titles Give Clues? Alpengeist 03-11-02 9
 RE: Titles Give Clues? bergdogg 03-09-02 7
 RE: Titles Give Clues? SurvivinDawg 03-13-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-02, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
In Africa the swap occured in Ep. 5 after both tribes had lost two members.

If what you say is true re: episode titles, EPM has moved up the swap (or new twist).

Possibly because Maraamu is getting their fannies whipped and EPM wants to wrestle away control from Rotu to stop the runaway train?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-08-02, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
Yeah... I have the same thoughts as you did when I heard about the titles for episode 4. However I do think that we must watch out for MB's trap to mislead us. I think that in the case of S3, the titles of the episodes didn't really tell us much as to who the next bootee was gonna be. I didn't pay much attention to the title spoiler clue for episode 2 and voted for a Maraamu win and a Kathy boot and look where that got me. I'm still careful about the potential bootee spoiler of the episode titles and still don't trust it 100% but I'm pretty sure that episode 4 would have the twist to save the "wind" (Mara) tribe.

Hmmm... I wonder how the twist would be like with Maraamu having just 5 members with Rotu's 8 (assuming tt Rotu won again in episode 3).

Any thoughts on how the twist will be like this time round with potentially uneven tribe members?

Alpengeist 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
RED HERRING ALERT!
Just my 2 cents
Alp

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
>RED HERRING ALERT!
>Just my 2 cents
>
>Alp

...don't humor yourself Alp, that was worth about one peso if you're lucky and you can get a good exchange rate. Next time maybe you might want to offer up WHY you think its a red herring and then we might give you credit for the two cents, hell we might even give you a nickel.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
Red Herring - totally agree.....

03-09-02, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
>...don't humor yourself Alp, that was
>worth about one peso if
>you're lucky and you can
>get a good exchange rate.
> Next time maybe you
>might want to offer up
>WHY you think its a
>red herring and then we
>might give you credit for
>the two cents, hell we
>might even give you a
>nickel.
Hrm...ok, maybe because MB is known for his red herrings, and episode titles are often victims

Alp

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
>>Hrm...ok, maybe because MB is known for his red herrings, and
>>episode titles are often victims

True, but last weeks episode title "Nacho Mama" pretty much gave us the bootee. So it seems to me that to just waive all titles off as red herring is potentially keeping us from information, at least in some cases.

03-11-02, 08:50 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
Have you ever heard of ENTRAPMENT? He gives us a bit, we start following it, basing everything on it then....SNAP! It's closed and we're left crippled. That's MB's mind I'm thinking

Alp

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-02, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-02 AT 08:38 PM (EST)

I think not.

The title usually came out of something that somebody said last season, and we see the Rotu tribe getting all types of small injuries, so it is pretty reasonable to have one of them say in their confessionals, "We'll, we are all getting a little nicked up out here, but this is a game for a million dollars. So, I guess you could say no pain, no gain."

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-02, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Titles Give Clues?"
If I recall, the titles in Survivor III were fairly accurate as to what happened, but sometimes innocuous and gave no clue to the bootee. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think MB has used the titles of episodes to actually deceive us or lead us AWAY from the truth. Sometimes there's nothing there, but they don't actually lead us down a wrong path.

If you disagree with that, PLEASE adjust your flamethrowers to maximum and fire away!

Also, I have a Combat Missions spoiler for Survivor! Let me explain before some of you grab your flamethrowers: In my CM summaries, I've often made fun of how unoriginal the mission names are. MB's staff has been naming those without a whole lot of imagination. Now let us suppose that the same MB Staff is naming the Survivor episodes... not original, but not inaccurate.

Your thoughts?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •