The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
by the Claymates....come on, everbody needs to caaaalm down and be good sports, it's a television show!!! The guy was consistent each week and nailed his style of music, and apparently America liked him better on the evening of May 20, 2003 than they liked Clay.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... AZ_Leo 05-22-03 1
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... magic_star 05-22-03 2
   RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... CLAYAIKENLOVER 05-24-03 11
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... Silvergirl1 05-22-03 3
   RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... Drive My Car 05-22-03 4
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... cyclehausen 05-22-03 5
 Defending Ruben / Praising Kelly ejm92 05-23-03 6
   RE: Defending Ruben / Praising Kell... CLAYAIKENLOVER 05-24-03 12
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... MollyTV 05-23-03 7
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... sisyphus 05-23-03 8
   Both are winners.......... jase 05-23-03 9
 RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... munson 05-23-03 10
   RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... CLAYAIKENLOVER 05-24-03 13
       Two comments sleeeve 05-25-03 15
   RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed.... Silvergirl1 05-24-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-22-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
Actually, from what I have heard and from my own occasional surfing to the show, it was the viewers who sat through the whole show that were robbed of at least 1 hour and 55 minutes of their lives. And that was just last night.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-22-03, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
There were only two things that Ruben did consistently. And they were singing horribly and getting great comments from the judges.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

CLAYAIKENLOVER Firstname::Bill desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-03, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to send private message to CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
>There were only two things that
>Ruben did consistently. And they
>were singing horribly and getting
>great comments from the judges.

LMAO I AGREE 100% HE WAS PRETTY BAD USUALLY AND BORING AND ALL THE JUDGES EVER DID WAS SAY HE WAS GREAT EVEN IF HE WAS BAD. SO W/E. BUT YOU FORGOT ANOTHER THING THAT RUBEN DID CONSISTENTLY IS EATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND EAT ALOTTTTTTTTTT . LMAO. HEHE. CLAY IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL. AND OBVIOULSY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SO B/C EVERY TIME I GO TO SOME PLACE ABOUT AMERICAN IDOL THERE ARE ALLLLLLLLWAYS MORE PEOPLE FOR CLAY THEN FOR RUBEN. AND CLAY WILL PROVE TO EVERYONE HE IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL WHEN HE SELLS MILLIONSSSSSSS OF ALBUMS AND RUBEN DONT SELL CRAP. SO GOOOOOOOOO CLAYYYYY!!!!!!! I LOVEYOU!!!!!!!

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON AND CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO HOTTEST, SEXIEST, AND MOST TALENTED MEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."

I shuddered through that last song Ruben sang, as he hit so many wrong notes. They will polish him up and market him, I'm sure. Maybe Luther Van Dross can give him some low carb diet tips, and someone else will give him voice lessons, which he sorely needs, IMHO.

I loved Clay for his performances, period. Looks aside, he was hands down the best singer of the two.

I might be a little biased because "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is my favorite song!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-03, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
Sail on Silvergirl

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-22-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
Ruben was consistently BAD. He had exactly two contest performances on the caliber of Clay: "A Whole New World" (which was wonderful, despite forgetting the lyrics) and his FIRST performance of "Superstar." All of his other performances were raspy and/or horribly off key.

Notice I said all of his CONTEST performances. I will acknowledge that Ruben does have a wonderful voice which shines any time the pressure is not "on" to perform for the judges. I think he deserves to be where he is based on this. But based on the quality of the CONTEST performances, he never should have gotten by Kim L or Trenyce.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-23-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Defending Ruben / Praising Kelly"
lol, probably should never started this thread...but come on, Ruben wouldn't be on the show if he didn't have some talent. I agree, Clay was a better singer, but Ruben's whole package was what America wanted to see. Clay over-enunciated everything big-time, lol. I'll agree about "Flying Without Wings", though, Ruben's rendition pretty much sucked....however, I downloaded the audio of the performance, and it actually sounds very good.

BUT, I pretty much went back to compare notes with last season. Ruben and Clay and the others wouldn't stand a chance against Kelly Clarkson...I was kinda thinking things over in perspective....Kelly gave my chills every single week, I never once got a chill this season, lol (the closest to chills would be Clay's "Don't Let The Sun...."/"Bridge Over Troubled Water" and Ruben's "Superstar"/"Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"...and Kimmel's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow")...you know, a big deal was made about "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Unchained Melody" because of the great finishes, but Kelly......she is simply the best. However, I do agree that she has changed some since her Idol win, and it's not necessarily for the better...the AI Competition Kelly is much better than the AI2 Competition Ruben/Clay.....of course, Clay/Ruben have the potential to have a better singing career than hers.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

05-24-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to send private message to CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Defending Ruben / Praising Kelly"
>lol, probably should never started this
>thread...but come on, Ruben wouldn't
>be on the show if
>he didn't have some talent.
> I agree, Clay was
>a better singer, but Ruben's
>whole package was what America
>wanted to see. Clay
>over-enunciated everything big-time, lol.
>I'll agree about "Flying Without
>Wings", though, Ruben's rendition pretty
>much sucked....however, I downloaded the
>audio of the performance, and
>it actually sounds very good.
>
>
>BUT, I pretty much went back
>to compare notes with last
>season. Ruben and Clay
>and the others wouldn't stand
>a chance against Kelly Clarkson...I
>was kinda thinking things over
>in perspective....Kelly gave my chills
>every single week, I never
>once got a chill this
>season, lol (the closest to
>chills would be Clay's "Don't
>Let The Sun...."/"Bridge Over Troubled
>Water" and Ruben's "Superstar"/"Breaking Up
>Is Hard To Do"...and Kimmel's
>"Somewhere Over The Rainbow")...you know,
>a big deal was made
>about "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
>and "Unchained Melody" because of
>the great finishes, but Kelly......she
>is simply the best.
>However, I do agree that
>she has changed some since
>her Idol win, and it's
>not necessarily for the better...the
>AI Competition Kelly is much
>better than the AI2 Competition
>Ruben/Clay.....of course, Clay/Ruben have the
>potential to have a better
>singing career than hers.
>
>

> Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ,
>Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

UHHHHHHHHH OK DUDE YOUR CRAZYYYYYYY, KELLY CLARKESON WOULD NOT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANNA SAY SHE SUX BUT SHE AINT THAT GREAT. SHES OK. AND SHE PRETTY MUCH DOES SUCK NOW W/ SINGING. HER VOICE JUST AINT THAT GOOD ANYMORE. AND YOUR SAYING YOU GOT CHILLS W/ KELLY.PLEASEEEEEE I COULD CARE LESS FOR HER PERFORMANCES, I HONESTLY DIDNT CARE WHOOOOOOOO WON, JUSTIN AND KELLY BOTH AINT THAT GREAT. SO W/E. NOW CLAY HE HAS ONE OF THE GREATEST VOICES I HAVE EVER HEARD AND EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERY SINGLE TIME CLAY SANG I GOT CHILLS AND HE TOOK MY BREATH AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT EVEN WANT TO WATCH THIS SEASON B/C THE FIRST SEASON SUCKED BUT THEN I SAW CLAY AIKEN AND I WAS TOTALLY DRAWN TO HIM AND THEN HE SANG AND I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE W/ HIM AND I KNEW THE FIRST TIME I HEARD HIM SING, THAT HE WAS THE WON WHO WOULD WIN IT, AND HE DID WIN, THE SHOW WAS FIXED AND RUBEN AINT EVEN THAT GOOD SO W/E.
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON AND CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO HOTTEST, SEXIEST, AND MOST TALENTED MEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-23-03, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
Ruben won because statistically a few lines took more calls than clay's lines....it was 50/50.

but really...i thought clay was shocked that he didn't win.why?
because he was babbling nervously after the fact...and said
jokingly to ruben...
i'll get you for taking my american idol title away from me...
i just think he acted like someone who was trying to hide that he thought it was in the bag.
molly

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-23-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
I will have to agree with you ejm92....I think that all the clay fans calling foul are indeed robbing reuben of his victory. It has been said that the voting was rigged, that his mother voted 200 times, he is fat, he can't dance, and all kinds of derogatory things. Clays mom could have or maybe she also voted 200 times, it is what mothers do, yes he needs to loose some weight and it should be in the best interest of his managers to see that he does but come on, It is not as if there are any real losers here, no not at all, both clay and reuben will have their recording contracts and both will be successful.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-23-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Both are winners.........."
I'm glad Ruben won and if he didn't, I would be just as happy for Clay. They both took the competition to a new and better level this year, so good for them. The world won't come to an end because Ruben won. Clay, nor anyone else, shouldn't feel bad because they all were given the chance of a lifetime and despite the outcome, should be happy to have experienced what, I'm sure will be,one of the highlights of their lives. Both of these guys are talented and will be very successful in the future.

In regards to Ruben's mother calling 200+ times. I see nothing wrong with that because there are hundreds of people who find a way to call 200 or 400 times a week for the person or people they want to win, so what's fair for some, is fair for all.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-23-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
Well, it's obvious I'm one of the millions of Americans who prefer Ruben over Clay but only one of very few on this board. Hey, that's cool. Ruben was my pick from the beginning and count me as one who never fell under that creepy Clay spell that has swept over the feeble-minded American masses who seem to care way too much about the outcome of the Homecoming King, er, populartiy/talent contest.

Oops! Did I say that out loud?

To my ear and musical sensibilites, Clay's voice, toward the end, just started to grate. His song choices were brutal. I did not like "Solitaire." I did not like "Grease." Sure as hell didn't like "Vincent." I put on my S&G CD to hear "Bridge Over" and to cleanse my ear, if you will, after Clay's rendition. The list goes on.

No doubt his is technically the superior vocalist. I maintain Ruben is the better singer/artist. Personally, I "felt" Ruben. Clay, while very talented, did nothing for me. Kinda Barry Manilow Lite.

Should an opera singer win the next go around on the basis of technical vocal ability?

Now, let's make it a little more personal....His manufactured "look" gave me a scary Michael Jackson vibe, too, after a while. Too much make-up. Too much hair product.

Clay, uh, any guy friends you want to talk about. Yeah, didn't think so. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Be loud and be proud. Represent, Clay, represent.

The smarmy, slick, lounge-singer delivery was cute at first but played itself out well before the finals.

All in all, there just something too creepy about the whole Clay persona for my personal tastes. The "romance" with carmen. Puhhhhh-leeeeze people!

I'm sure he is a very genuine, sincere guy who loves his Mama and truly loves teaching autistic kids. He is a very talented young man.

He's just not my American Pop Idol.

And IMHO, the only person who was "robbed" in this whole thing was Vanessa.

That's it. I'm SPENT!!

05-24-03, 09:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."
>Well, it's obvious I'm one of
>the millions of Americans who
>prefer Ruben over Clay but
>only one of very few
>on this board. Hey,
>that's cool. Ruben was
>my pick from the beginning
>and count me as one
>who never fell under that
>creepy Clay spell that has
>swept over the feeble-minded American
>masses who seem to care
>way too much about the
>outcome of the Homecoming King,
>er, populartiy/talent contest.
>
>Oops! Did I say that
>out loud?
>
>To my ear and musical sensibilites,
>Clay's voice, toward the end,
>just started to grate.
>His song choices were brutal.
> I did not like
>"Solitaire." I did not
>like "Grease." Sure as
>hell didn't like "Vincent."
>I put on my S&G
>CD to hear "Bridge Over"
>and to cleanse my ear,
>if you will, after Clay's
>rendition. The list goes
>on.
>
>No doubt his is technically the
>superior vocalist. I maintain
>Ruben is the better singer/artist.
> Personally, I "felt" Ruben.
> Clay, while very talented,
>did nothing for me.
>Kinda Barry Manilow Lite.
>
>Should an opera singer win the
>next go around on the
>basis of technical vocal ability?
>
>
>Now, let's make it a little
>more personal....His manufactured "look" gave
>me a scary Michael Jackson
>vibe, too, after a while.
> Too much make-up.
>Too much hair product.
>
>Clay, uh, any guy friends you
>want to talk about.
>Yeah, didn't think so.
>Not that there's anything wrong
>with it. Be loud
>and be proud. Represent,
>Clay, represent.
>
>The smarmy, slick, lounge-singer delivery was
>cute at first but played
>itself out well before the
>finals.
>
>All in all, there just something
>too creepy about the whole
>Clay persona for my personal
>tastes. The "romance" with
>carmen. Puhhhhh-leeeeze people!
>
>I'm sure he is a very
>genuine, sincere guy who loves
>his Mama and truly loves
>teaching autistic kids. He
>is a very talented young
>man.
>
>He's just not my American Pop
>Idol.
>
>And IMHO, the only person who
>was "robbed" in this whole
>thing was Vanessa.
>
>That's it. I'm SPENT!!

OK ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOUR VERY SMALL BRAIN IS THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT. THANK YOU AND VENESSA SUXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!! CLAY IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL AND YOU ALLLLLLLLLL KNOW IT. GO CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-25-03, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Two comments"
1) Stop yelling. Click the CAPS lock button and use lower case letters. CAPS lock is considered yelling, online, and it is rude netiquette.

2) Please review the site guidelines. You have violated rule II. It is alright to bash contestants on a show within the context of that show. It is, however, against the rules to bash/flame/make fun of another poster at any time. I expect you to edit your message above and apologize to munson if you plan to remain a member of this site. Thanks.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ruben Is Being Robbed...."

Hi Munson. I respect your opinion and think that it is just a matter of taste in music for many of us. I don't like Ruben's style of singing as much as I do Clay's, so I favor Clay over Ruben. Just as Clay's voice got on your nerves, so did Ruben's voice get on mine.

I think that each is good at the style of music they sing, and they may each be successful. I wish them both the best of everything, sincerely.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL CLAYAIKENLOVER NOT TO SHOUT!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •