The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-06-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
I was just about to post this, but then I saw on the "a Couple's allaince" thresd Java had already posted a link to the interview. But, with 50 posts already on that thresd I didn't want to spoiler to get lost so I decided to give it its own thresd. Also in that java post is another tid bit from Wanda on E!Online where she confirms the existence of a Hunter/Gina romance and that Hunter comes back a lot trimmer. Anyway, here is the text of Java's post in regards to the RTVF.com interview, including a link to the interview itself.

From Reality TV Fans (not Reality TV World), an interview with Peter http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=4546 :
When asked if he tried to form an alliance, he stated that he didn't, that the seven other members had splintered into three defined groups.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 thoughts on3 defined groups shakes the clown 03-06-02 1
   Cut bait AyaK 03-06-02 3
       RE: Cut bait Bungler 03-07-02 4
       Agree... sleeeve 03-07-02 5
       RE: Cut bait GuessItRains 03-07-02 9
           RE: Cut bait SurvivinDawg 03-07-02 10
       RE: Cut bait Lexi 03-07-02 11
           RE: Cut bait PepeLePew13 03-07-02 12
               RE: Cut bait Lexi 03-07-02 13
 RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... PepeLePew13 03-06-02 2
   RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... PhillyBrat 03-07-02 8
 RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... IceCat 03-07-02 6
 RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... Bebo 03-07-02 7
   RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... Tatina 03-07-02 14
 RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... Java 03-07-02 15
   RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... Dalton 03-07-02 17
 RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... ShowMeTheWinner 03-07-02 16
 RE: RTVF interview with Peter (migh... smiles 03-07-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-02, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "thoughts on3 defined groups"
well, if there are three defined groups that means that there was some logic to both Vee and Sean casting their vote for Sarah. In other words, they acted together as some people have guessed on teh couples alliance thresd.

But, the importance of this quote is that it weakens the notion that there is already an alliance of five at work within the Marlboro tribe. I don't think its possible to know for sure if both groups knew in advance that the other was voting for Peter or if it was just a coincidence that they all voted the same way. Either way, it does point to the five person alliance being most likely temporary.

Now, the big question....who has Patricia?

Obviously Sarah/Rob are in one distinct group and Gina/Hunter are in the other, but the big question is then which group has Tricia?

Logic dictates that the weakest member would try and protect herself by alligning with the strongest and therefore, tricia is part of the Gina/Hunter group. Plus, Rob/Sara have already been noted to have separated themselves from the rest of the group.

So, does this make Hunter/Gina/Tricia the power players in Marlboro, or will the other four wise up and overtake the threesome. Or, will Hunter hold true to his word about not wanting to worry about alliances at this point and cut Tricia (the weakest member) in favor of strengthening the tribe.

Couple this with Hunter's weight loss and we might have the makings of a successful alliance here.

Of course it is quite early in the game and Peter was there for a very short time, which limits the amount of validity his opinions hold.

But, either way, these are a couple of tidbits we need to keep in the back of our minds, alongside the Pascal interview from before the show, the 25 pound weight loss by Zoe, and the promise of romance on this installment. These are small puzzles, but put them altogether and they start to compose a very big picture.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-02, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Cut bait"
Thanks for finding this, shakes. A three-person alliance would be dangerous for Hunter, because the other two teams can still gang up on them. Hunter WON'T do that ... he saw Silas lose the game by such a boneheaded move as letting permanent splits form early.

Until I read this post, I had been buying into the theory that Sean and Vee were endangered against an alliance of 5. Now, I seriously doubt that's the case. Instead, I think Patricia will become the next sacrifice from Mumumuu. The only question is how soon: this week or next week?

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cut bait"
Hear hear, AyaK...

And thanks to Shakes for pointing this one out. In all of the very logical "Why do we think it's Peter" posts over the last couple weeks, the Challenge 2 vidcaps were our visual proof, but didn't leave us with any logical reasoning. We speculated that Peter was lazy (which was disproven), that he was a jerk (that's a debatable point), that he was overly gross in his yoga makes me poop well schtick (again, debatable), and none of it really worked for me. I finally decided that it was definitely him when the two romances stuff started trickling out and many of us started to realize that he was the odd man out. We knew we had Rob and Sarah, and we suspected Gina and Hunter. And many of us felt that Vee and Sean would gravitate towards each other, leaving Peter and Patricia. Would they also form a pair? It just didn't seem likely to me during that early speculation, and in the end we were right.

Then we had Gina during Episode 1, suggesting that the forming of large-scale alliances so early in the game wasn't really kosher with her. Simple pairings, yes. Voting blocs, no. Voting blocs were what Peter was gunning for, and he paid the price for it. And that leaves Patricia out there by herself. She's got to know she's next, and I have a feeling that's why she's suddenly turning into Nacho "Bossy" Momma in Ep 2. She heard what Vee said about Hunter at TC. She knows that a leader stepped forward, and perhaps she thinks she can either usurp his role or stake her own claim as a co-leader or second lieutenant. What she'll end up doing, though, is alienating the 3 core duos.

Patricia's days are numbered. She's the next Maraamu to go. Hopefully the Early Show will give us more Fafaru footage, so we can firmly decide who wins IC. If Maraamu stumbles again this week, I think Patricia's toast.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Agree..."
...but I'd like to expand on this line of thinking:

There are four "groups" in Maraamu:
Sean/Vee
Hunter/Gina
Sarah/Rob
Patricia -- clearly weakest link

If either of the pairs tries to ally with Patricia, they will immediately make themselves targets for the other four... no one wants to allow a pair to gain the upperhand at this point in the game by becoming a triple...

However, for any group of four, Patricia would be a wise target... you can guarantee that the four of you will have enough votes to eliminate her, and she is clearly the weakest link, so you allow strength to remain in the game.

Thus, the next time Maraamu goes to TC (which might be this week!), Patricia is gone, IMO.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cut bait"
While I think logically a 3 person alliance would be dangerous right now, I don't think under these circumstances a Hunter/Gina/Patricia bloc would be in any real danger because I can't see the other 2 blocs allying with each other
* Sean has been badmouthing Sarah big time.
* Rob disparaged Sean's religious experience on arrival but kowtows to Hunter and was friendly with Patricia.
* Sarah must know that Sean and Vee voted against her. We've seen before how nuts people go when they are voted against.
* Vee was sucking up to Hunter at TC, making it obvious which bloc she would prefer to join.

Sure it would make sense for an S/V/R/S alliance to form, but none of these 4 seems to have the strength to pull it together. I think it's much more likely that a vulnerable feeling Sarah and dumb as the rocks he carries Rob will follow Hunter's lead even if they aren't technically allied with him.

To my mind, things don't look good for Vee.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cut bait"
My $0.02:

Hunter has Gina and his b!+ch Rob. Sean and Vecepia are left to be a team through spirituality, race, love, hatred of Sarah, or whatever else reason they care to choose.

Since Sean has made it clear that he doesn't like Sarah, and since Sarah and Rob are becoming an "item", it makes sense that Sarah is influenced by Rob to be in Hunter's alliance.

Patricia is therefore unneeded by Hunter, and would be a weight (pun not intended) for Sean/Vee. Added to her physical weaknesses and age, she's the likely next bootee if Maraamu has to go to Bonfire-- er, Tribal Council.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-02, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cut bait"
>Hunter WON'T do that ...
>he saw Silas lose the
>game by such a boneheaded
>move as letting permanent splits
>form early.

Keep in mind, NONE of these contestants SAW much of Survivor 3. They were already sequestered in Tahiti even before the three member switch episode was aired.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cut bait"
The story from the horse's mouth (MB's) is that the S4 contestants all saw the switch occur on the night before they left America for the Marquesas. Silas got booted in that episode, so if it's true they did see the switch take place... then they know about Silas' numb-nutted efforts.

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-02, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Cut bait"
AHHHHHH! I was not aware of that. Thanks!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-02, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
Sharp eye, shakes... so who do we all think that Patricia is aligned with? I'm betting she's with Hunter and Gina.

There's also the possibility that Peter is more clueless than we imagined, in which case we've got to take his words with a grain of salt. I noticed that CBS really cracked down on his chat as compared to the ones from last season, so who's to say they didn't let this comment go because they knew it was incorrect the tribe is split into 3 defined groups?

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-02, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
>Sharp eye, shakes... so who
>do we all think that
>Patricia is aligned with?
>I'm betting she's with Hunter
>and Gina.

I dono, in the first show (which I watched once again) Pat was talking or pleading her case to Rob, there might be something there, I mean go to those who will listen.

>There's also the possibility that Peter
>is more clueless than we
>imagined, in which case we've
>got to take his words
>with a grain of salt.

He seems to be one of thoes that could lie too much, He has seen prevoius shows and knows about us, so why not have fun and make stuff up?

> I noticed that CBS
>really cracked down on his
>chat as compared to the
>ones from last season, so
>who's to say they didn't
>let this comment go because
>they knew it was incorrect
>the tribe is split into
>3 defined groups?

3 groups... It does break my 5 alliance thought, but it does give me a thought, maybe we are supposed to see the 5 alive where deep down in the group there is a group of 3 and a group of 2. There has been speculation of the "secret alliance" we could have stumbled onto it with Peter's change in thoughts. Just a thought, I still think that there is a group of 5 and Sean and Vee are not in this group. We know Sean doesn't like Hunter or Sarah, now it looks like Pat is next on the complaining block. As for Vee she and Sarah look to clash, but are very friendly at the 1st IC. (Vee had her arms around, Sarah (she was the only was around Sarah))

Just points on what I have sceen.

1 Down 15 to go.. (1 more will go tonight..)

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
Last Thursday I suggested that, because the athletically weak Patricia was retained, she was in an alliance with Hunter and Gina - that's group one.

Sarah and Rob voted with Hunter, Gina, Pat only out of the convenience of the moment - Sarah and Rob are group two.

Sean and Vecepia are out in the cold as far as the combined three plus two alliance is concerned.

I am thinking Vecepia is the next one out for the Maras and that Pat may stick around for some time. I say Vecepia because they can't just keep getting rid of the stronger male team members prior to merge.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
I think that at this point Patricia is in with Hunter and Gina, but that Hunter would cut her loose at any point if at all possible.

Frankly, I think Sarah is vulnerable. Sean and Vee have shown a willingness to vote for her. Patricia would be willing to vote for her to save herself, and after the first IC has arguments that she is more useful than Sarah -- after all, Sarah doused the torch in the water.

Right now, Rob seems to be deferring to Hunter the Alpha Male (HAM). But Sarah is a definite threat to HAM's influence on Rob. Breaking them up would be in Hunter's best interest.

I think Hunter will use Vee to get rid of Sarah before he votes Vee off. That way, he keeps around the stronger female for challenges, as well as reducing any threat to his leadership in the tribe.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
Add Gina to the list of people who might vote for Sarah (didn't she tell that she might do so last episode?) and things begin to look bleaker and bleaker for our Cleopatra... I do agree with you, Bebo, that getting rid of Sarah would be in the best interest of Hunter and, well, pretty much of every single Maraamu member excluding Rob. The move might alianate Rob from the rest of the tribe, but if it's made soon enaugh there'll be much more time for the damage control before the merge.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

Thanks for bringing this out Shakes (but why do I feel like chopped liver?). I don't post on spoilers often, although I read here voraciously, and I wasn't sure if this deserved a new thresd when there was already a couple of alliance thresds going. Anyhoo, if Pat picks up some bad vibes from Hunter, her only other option may be to try to join Sean and Vee. If I remember her application video correctly, she seems spiritual, too (and lives in the bible belt) so may feel comfortable with that connection. Also, if she has figured out that they voted for Sarah, she may do well to go to them and offer to work together to get Sarah outta there.

Goe Zoe!

edited those darn typos

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-07-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
First, thanks to JAVA for finding the article.

Second, thanks to BOZO for giving it a Thread so even peeps like me couldn't miss it.

Suddenly I feel better about voting this week because "Rotu loses and boots Kathy"....seemed way to easy and if there is one thing I trust about the Evil Burn-it --- he doesn't make it EASY!

So, here is MY thinking about Ep.2 and Patricia being the Bootee:

1. Vee and Sean did NOT waste their "Sarah vote" --- they put Sarah ON NOTICE that she wasn't all that and a bag of chips!!

2. Hunter/Gina and Rob/Sarah and Sean/Vecepia COULD be seen as "three different couples or groups" ---- which Bingo leaves Patricia OUT!!

3. Vee isn't stupid and neither is Hunter (It's that ole "military training" thingie.)

4. Hunter has Gina already; Vee is willing to join up --- with or without Sean (actually I don't think Vee gives a dang about Sean because he is 6 years younger and is too much of a wantabee). Also, Rob has just about enough sense to know that he better damn well stick with Hunter. And Sarah may have been shaken-up by her two votes against.

5. This STILL leaves Patricia out in the cold. Hunter/Rob/Gina/Vee are NOT going to boot somebody stronger and younger just to keep Patricia around!!

As in, "Nacho Momma"!!!! The title of Ep.2.

Dalton
PS. Of course if Patricia isn't voted off...I'm going to blame it all on STC leading me astray (again!). LOL

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-07-02, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
Frankly speaking, I think you guys are reading wayyyy too much into the interviews that were given by the Survivor bootees. I never really take the bootees' interviews too seriously because whatever they said are not hard facts and I think that their comments on the game has been tainted too much by their personal feelings. Like what someone had said, "The palest ink is still much better than the strongest memory". Peter will most likely look for excuses to justify his own boot. That is true for almost every human being and I can't blame Peter for that.

I'm sure that the group had somewhat split into three, especially when many of those group members have romantic feelings towards their partner. However, gravitating towards one other person in the entire tribe does not mean that you had cut yourself loose from the other people in the tribe and were not willing to work with them. The groups may form an alliance with the other groups but the question is when that will take place and whether it had happened by episode one.

I'm going to take whatever that was portrayed in episode one as it was and say that an alliance had NOT yet been formed at episode one's tribal council. In the private interviews, most of the people there thought that it was too early to form an alliance and didn't want to have one (at least up till that point in time). However not making an alliance now does not equate to them not making one in the future and I'm not saying that Hunter and Gina is not going to form an alliance with Rob and Sarah or Sean and Vee or any other alliance permutations. Again, the question is, has it happened by the end of episode one.

Remember guys, these guys are not the same guys in Survivor 3 where everyone was business-like and played the game at the earliest opportunity. Even Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst said that the guys in S4 are more fun and less business-like than S3's contestants.

Furthermore, if these people TRULY wanted to play the game really well and form an alliance early, what stopped them from making an alliance with Peter??? Why was Peter chosen? Certainly game strategy would make Pat or Sarah a "better bootee".

In my sales and marketing class, they always teach us that people make their decisions based on their feelings and then justify their decisions using their rationale. I believe that is the same thing that they did here. Peter just rubbed them the wrong way and they just didn't feel that comfortable with him and vice-versa. That was why they voted him out and it might not have been due to any alliances amongst the tribe members. If you watch the episode 1 tape again, you'd notice that everyone in Maraamu voted for the person whom they're least comfortable with.
And like what Peter had implied in his interviews, he bonded the best with Sean and Vee and I believe that Sean and Vee felt the same way too and they chose to vote for the person whom they felt least comfortable with, which was Sarah.

I'm going with a Kathy boot in episode 2. An episode 3 prediction is still too early to call as the group dynamics may have changed in 9 days. However using the information available now, I'd go with a Pat boot in episode 3 if Mara lost the challenge.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: RTVF interview with Peter (might contain one spoiler)"
I definitely think Patricia is flying solo. Remember in Gina's possible votes confession she mentioned that Sarah, Pat, and Peter were all of her possible choices. So why would she align with one of the people she wanted to boot off? So that crosses Pat and Sarah off of the list of possible alliances.

On the other hand, I am sill sticking to my story that Sean did make a lot of comments about Sarah, but not to the other Survivors, only in the confessionals. Then in his voting confessional he said " I love you like a play cousin." As he held up her name. Which means (for all that don't know) a friend who is like a pretend sister, cousin, or other family member, to whoever (in this case Sean)is making the comment. So evidently Sarah probably didn't know (or couldn’t figure it out) that he didn't like her and neither did the others. I think she was probably shocked that she got a vote. Do I think she had the brains to figure out who voted for her? Maybe, maybe not. Vee was also pretty chummy with Sarah. But she did make that body comment. However, we don't know the context of the whole conversation. But we do know that Sean and Vee voted for Sarah. Therefore, I am thinking they must have collaborated on this. Neither of them was above forming an alliance this early.

On the other hand Sarah and Rob have to be in an alliance of some sorts. If nothing else a bed buddy alliance and that has more weight than any other when your not getting any . . .

Hunter and Gina both said they would not form one at that time, so maybe it was purely coincidental that they both voted for Peter, but I doubt it. I think Hunter helped Gina make up her mind on whom to vote for.

But back to Pat she definitely would not align with Hunter/Gina based on their comments in confessional. They wouldn't want her. Sarah/Rob (if they were smart) would want her if the light clicks on in Sarah's head about who voted for her. They could easily get rid of Public enemy #1 (Vee/Sean alliance). Do I think they are that smart? Nope. Pat might align with Sean/Vee, but I don't see that happening. Sean seemed to be perturbed in his confessional in the 2nd episode comment about the talking and bossiness of Pat.

In any event, Pat will be the next to go in tribe M leaving the triple threat to duke it out for post-merge placement.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •