The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-23-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
My pick would be Jon who narrowly edges out lex

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Who is the best 3rd place finisher? JohnMc 02-23-04 1
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... dabo 02-23-04 2
   RE: Now that Rob has officially los... pmspml5 02-23-04 3
       Agree Road Kill 02-23-04 7
           RE: Agree silentJ 02-24-04 15
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... DoodleBug 02-23-04 4
 RE: Kelly Wiglesworth toddE 02-23-04 5
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... ejm92 02-23-04 6
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... Chrissy gal 02-23-04 8
   RE: Now that Rob has officially los... raidersfantom 02-24-04 10
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... I_AM_HE 02-23-04 9
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... mikey 02-24-04 11
   RE: Now that Rob has officially los... geg6 02-24-04 12
       RE: Now that Rob has officially los... raidersfantom 02-24-04 13
           RE: Now that Rob has officially los... geg6 02-24-04 14
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... Merrydol 02-25-04 16
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... munson 02-25-04 17
 Has to be Lex Dapper 02-26-04 18
 better to be lucky than good shakes the clown 02-26-04 19
 RE: Now that Rob has officially los... uberspoon 02-27-04 20
   RE: Now that Rob has officially los... bubbapao 02-27-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-23-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Who is the best 3rd place finisher?"
S1 - Rudy (ASS bootee)
S2 - Keith
S3 - Lex (still in ASS)
S4 - Kathy (still in ASS)
S5 - Jan
S6 - Rob C (ASS bootee)
S7 - Jon

Here's how I would rank the 3rd placers:

Rob C, Kathy, Lex, Jon, Rudy, Keith, Jan

Rob had game like no one has had. But you have to make the merge to play that part of the game. And no one is ASS wanted to give him that chance.

Kathy worked within her circumstances to actually evolve as a person in her game. When you have personal growth, then you're already a winner.

Lex was the ultimate control freak, but he kept his alliance under control. If he'd have remembered to boil the water long enough and not suffered from the runs, he could have beat Mamakim.

Jon was devious, but he did take Rob's game and mutate it for his personality. He's an arse, but *please don't hurt me for saying this* he also deserves to be an ASS.

Everyone loves Rudy. He IS a survivor. But he did have more game when he did S1.

Keith and Jan are really just after thoughts. They weren't players so much as they were kept onboard for their alliance. They were disposed of when they were no longer necessary.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
S1: Colleen
S2: Jeff V.
S3: Teresa
S4: Kathy
S5: Helen
S6: Matthew
S7: Jon

Overall: Kathy.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
Although I love Kathy and hope she does well - she did not play the game well and just really got lucky. She was not liked by both tribes at times and without the switch would have been gone. As far as players go - the best without winning IMHO still goes to Rob C.

Road Kill 1101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Road%20Kill Click to send private message to Road%20Kill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agree"
Rob C. is still best player never to have won survivor. Only way he can lose his title is that if he wins. The reason he was booted was that his tribe didn't want to give him a chance to get into his game.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Agree"
I'd have to agree, although trusting Rawb was a HUGE mistake. He should have gotten to others to vote out Amber. Now that I think about, that is a mistake a great player shouldn't have made.

I switch my vote to Gretchen.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-04 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

S1: Rudy (true survivor)
S2: Elizabeth (true to her word and alliance)
S3: Lex (if only he had controled his temper a little more)
S4: Kathy (not well-liked but adapted well)
S5: Helen (true to her word - a lot like Rudy)
S6: Rob C. (adapted to save his butt)
S7: Jon (even though I hated his game plan, it was brilliant)

If we de-throne Rob C., then I will say Kathy. Dang you, Neleh!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly Wiglesworth"
Y'know, Kelly Wiglesworth just never gets her due. She was just one vote short of defeating the person generally considered the best Survivor ever.
She was physically dominant, winning 4 or 5 i.c.'s in a row. She was in an alliance, but had her own mind when Rudy and Sue, and even the detested Sean K. were just Rich's little sheep.

Perhaps she screwed up by voting out Sue before Rudy. Perhaps Sue would have voted for Hatch anyway.

Kelly should be an A.S.S. at minimum, and was a better player than most of the winners from other seasons.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-23-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
Kinda hard for me to take Rob C.'s title away, but I think that possibly Lex or Tom might deserve the title if either of them can repeat a final four appearance in ASS. Boston Rob could also be a threat to this if he lasts a long time in ASS.

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-04 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

I'm going to go with Lex. He had the final 2 all sewn up but Jiffy took it away with a bad question in the IC for final 4 (What woman has no piercings? Two right answers, but Jiffy only gave credit to Kim for her right answer). If Lex had won that competition he would have been in the final 3 with Tom and Ethan. I believe that both Tom and Ethan planned on taking Lex with them to the final 2 and Lex had a very good chance of winning.

My second choice would be a tie between Kathy, Jon and Rob C. (even after his A.S.S. defeat).

Edited because I have a mental block against Jon!

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
I agree that Lex was a great player. He looked like the lead in the alliance of he, Tom, Ethan and Kim. Just old wrinkly boring crappy Kim chose nice guy Ethan because he "deserved" to be there more. Sure he won all those immunity and rewards.... no wait that was Lex.

My vote was close between Kelly W. and Colby, but Colby is in my mind the best never to win (not even close Rob C.)

Colby won immunities from strength related, to endurance to the mental ones. He strung Jerri along in a false alliance between he, she and Amber, while sticking with Keith and Tina. He even used his looks like some of the gals on the show have, when he had Jerri seemingly hot to trot. So Colby almost had the full package; he had strength, strategy and alliances. Just didn't have enough smarts to take Keith to the finals, rather than Tina.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-04 AT 07:37 PM (EST)

I agree with some that people have already named: Tom and Lex, maybe Kelly W. (though I didn't see S1)

I never thought Rob C. was that good a player, he was just lucky he was in a totally crappy season with a totally crappy cast of morons. Kathy and Matthew I think became very good players, but started out VERY badly, so I don't think I can list them with Tom or Lex (although I think Kathy and Matt, along with Lillian, are the most dynamic characters in Survivor history, so they get a title at least ). Had he not fallen in the fire, Mike might deserve some consideration too. Had Mike not fallen in the fire, Rodger might deserve some mention too (no, really, he, like Tom, was a very smart man but hid it well behind the Kentucky Joe persona) Fairplay? Maybe. But I don't think the annoying asshole strategy is a particularly good one - at least not a particularly good winning one. His one truly brilliant move was getting Darrah and Lill mad at each other. Rudy I love, but am not convinced he was a great player by any stretch.

I think the list of truly great players is very short indeed, and most of them won already (although, would we call them great players had they not?)

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-24-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
As Surviivor strategists and for their unique approaches to the game, I think Gabe, Jed, Greg, Ghandia, Dr. Sean and Peter do not get nearly enough credit.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
LMAO!!!

Seriously, how could it be anyone but Lex?

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
Because he was final three, on the jury, not final two against the jury like the Colbster.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
Ahhh, but it was his body that betrayed him, not his brain or lack thereof.

Merrydol 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Merrydol Click to send private message to Merrydol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-04 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

Colby, colby or colby. After the merge trick (pulling all the votes to himself), and the incredible run of winning immunity challenges...the guy played sooo well.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
This one's easy. Lex. Even before Rob6's "stellar" performance on ASS, Lex was always the best player never to win the game. If not for the KimJ's illegitimate and stolen IC victory, he's the winner in Africa.

Kathy is a distance second but still worthy. If she was a just a little less prudish, she'd be wearing the Marquesas crown right now.

Also, need to give a nod to Kelly W for almost, almost beating the greatest player ever.

Dapper 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dapper Click to send private message to Dapper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Has to be Lex"
Wassup everybody. New guy on the board, hope I'm not in for any hazing.

If I may offer my two cents on the subject, I'd have to say that Lex takes this cake. He was clearly the alpha in the Boran alliance, and even though he made a major mistake (Kelly-gate) he still hung on, and would have won had it not been for that sickness he got before the last 'mmunity. His IC wins also should count for something.

You can't go with Colby because he gave away the million to Tina. Camon, he would have whopped Keith in the Final 2. His awesome showing in the IC's definitely make him worthy, though.

Big Tom should also get some credit. This guy is smart, let me tell you something, and the fact he comes off as an unintelligent hick makes him all the more dangerous. He deserves credit mostly because he is an opportunist in this game, as I'm sure we'll see in ASS. He has a quick eye for alliances and is someone other survivors seem to trust.

Honourable mentions go to Rob C. (i don't like the guy, but he is cunning), and Fairplay.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-26-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "better to be lucky than good"
I'm seeing a lot of names on this list that I would categorize as the "luckiest players ever" rather than best players ever.

For instance, but for the swap/switch, Kathy would be forever mentioned in the same breath as Debb Eaton in terms of gameplay. Also, lets not forget that in S6 RobC was almost certain to be the next boot by the men until Jenna and (already forgot the guys name) played pick up sticks.

As for Rudy, its a joke to call him a good player considering the only reason he lasted past episode #3 in S1 is because MB begged Dirk and Sean to vote off Stacey instead...and anyone who doesn't believe Stacey's story is either very naive or just plain dumb.

Was Colby really that much of a challenge hog or did he feast on the inferior competiton of Tina, Amber, Lis, Rodger and Keith?

How far would Lex have made it if Tom lost the tie breaker to Lindsay?

Myself, I contend that Rob4 is arguably the greatest player to never win. He brought a unique strategy into S4 by getting rid of the top physical performer on his tribe. He established a solid alliance right off the bat. And, in one of the best moves in Survivor history, he managed to overcome a huge numerical disadvantage after the swap and cause enough drama that Gabe was booted by his own alliance when it could've easily been Rob. At the merge, he was SOLELY responsible for Kathy opening her eyes to what was going on with the Rotu4 and even though he was voted out at the merge, it was his groundwork that led to the dominos falling and Kathy/Sean/Vee/Pashcal/Neleah making th final five.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
this is an AWESOME question!
i have to break it up by seasons first though...

S1- Kelly Wigglesworth. i loved Gretchen to pieces, but her loss was entirely her fault. if she hadn't been so anti-alliance she could have won. I loved me some Colleen, but Kelly did everything within her power to win.

S2- I totally felt that Tina was a deserving winner, she played the best game overall. Colby played the athletic side well, but Tina had the social skills. Elisabeth and Rodger were cute but not master-strategists. no pick for best not to win this season

S3- Lex. If he could have kept his paranoia in check, i think he would have been a million dollars richer. i think Kim J. liked Ethan's personality better, and therefore handed him a million dollars because of it. Lex made some enemies in Africa, and i DO think it would have been a 4-3 vote, but he could have beaten Kim J. That said Ethan wasn't a bad winner at all, he was a very likable guy his season

S4- Kathy. Marquesas was the BEST season with the WORST final 2, in my opinion. i think Kathy was the reason that both Vee and Neleh even saw the finals, if it weren't for her persistance they would have been taken out by the Roto 4. She played so hard and turned herself around so much that it was pretty inspirational to watch her.

S5- Helen. As someone else said earlier, she was the female Rudy. She played so hard, i was disappointed for her when she got voted out. i think her vote for Brian, post-backstab said quite a bit about her ethics. i though she was a real bright spot during her season. Honorable mention to Jan, only because no one ever thought she would make it as far as she did.

S6- Heidi. because she said so herself. okay, i am only joking. i agree with the consensus that Rob C. played the game the way it was meant to be played. he was darn good TV in the process too. i rooted for Christy this season, but respected Rob the most.

S7- Like Austrailia, i think the best player won this time. Sandra figured out the way everyone in the game operated and used them all to her advantage.

overall though, i am sticking with the consensus and saying that the best player not to win over all was Kathy.

bubbapao 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-27-04, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbapao Click to send private message to bubbapao Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Now that Rob has officially lost his title. Who is the greatest player to never won survivor"
IMO, Matt should get more respect. He hid his intellect behind the psycho act. He knew nothing, or pretended to know nothing, about the strategy, and was willing to learn from Rob. Or now that I think of it, was Matt even more brilliant than I thought, and only played dumb so Manipulator Rob wouldn't target him?

And obviously his physical skills were superb. Too bad his jury was such a shallow bunch of twits.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •