The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I have a few reasons that they are a terrific Amazing Race Team, feel free to add your own.
I know that they are a "love 'em or hate 'em" team, and isn't that what Reality TV is about?
Aren't players that incite strong emotions both ways, the best?

I know CBS loves it! This is the highest rated TAR season ever, and I think Amber and Rob have something to do with that. People tune in because they Love them and want them to do well, or because they hate them, and want to see them fail. Either way, it's a win for the show.

So here are some reasons I love to love this team.

* They are a TEAM, they work together well. So often on TAR one member carries the other, but not these two. Rob asks Amber what the rules are, she knows. They read the clues and decide who is best for each challenge. They actually work together!
They are courteous to eachother, kind even.

* They are graceful under pressure. They don't freak out if they fall behind, they don't blame each other for mistakes. They don't scream at eachother. Ever.

* They are enjoying the travel aspect of the game. They're having fun. They talk about how fun it is, they mention how beautiful it is. They love it, and Ilove to see teams loving the trip. Uchenna and Joyce are doing this too! It is one thing that I find endearing about TAR teams. It's like life, you have goals, but it is important to enjoy the journey as well.

*Rob and Amber are nice to people.
Example - What was the name of the boat driver for Lynn and Alex? Don't know? What was the name of Rob and Amber's boat driver? Carlos. Why do we know that? Because Rob asked him his name and introduced himself. ( and traded hats with him)
Rob has been friendly to every cabdriver and person who has given them directions or helped them, from the start. R & A are nice. They don't yell at cab drivers or merchants or those peeps that get them ready for tasks, they say 'please' and 'Thank You'. When they are stuck in traffic, they don't yell at the cabbie as if it is his fault.

* They are attractive. Now I realize that this, most of all, is subjective. Not everyone finds them attractive, but I do ( and it's my list). They smile, they're clean, and a friend of mine that has a huge screen High Def TV, says that Amber has flawless skin. And I think everyone would admit that cute or not, they have no grostesque qualities. Not a humpback or rotted teeth, or hideous boils or bushy unibrows on this team.

Those are just a few reasons, I could list more, but wanted to leave room for others to add their reasons.

I think it'd also be fun to list some admirable qualities in other teams. U & J and The Brothers have enough fine aspects for a list as well.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber gerk 03-27-05 1
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bochie 03-27-05 2
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Vardis 03-27-05 4
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber watermelon 03-27-05 5
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber WISH_I_WUZ_THERE 03-30-05 20
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber sageylil 04-06-05 52
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber okaychatt 03-27-05 3
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber PepeLePew13 03-28-05 8
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber okaychatt 03-28-05 10
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber PepeLePew13 03-28-05 11
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bostonrobfan 03-28-05 6
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Tahj 03-28-05 7
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Pretty_Kitty 03-28-05 9
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 03-28-05 12
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber dirob 03-28-05 13
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Flairmarq 03-28-05 14
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Flairmarq 03-30-05 15
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber kvasir79 03-30-05 16
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber adricharlie 03-30-05 22
                   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber kvasir79 03-30-05 25
                       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 03-30-05 27
                           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bostonrobfan 03-31-05 35
                               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Robotext 03-31-05 36
                           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Loree 04-03-05 43
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 03-31-05 38
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber watermelon 04-01-05 40
                   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 04-01-05 41
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Loree 04-03-05 42
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber BriarRosie 03-30-05 17
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber twinsmomm 03-30-05 18
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber WISH_I_WUZ_THERE 03-30-05 19
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber anotherkim 03-30-05 21
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 03-30-05 23
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber dajaki 04-04-05 49
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Femme 04-21-05 77
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Spidey 03-30-05 24
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber LibraRising 03-30-05 26
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber thecontender 03-30-05 28
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Spidey 03-30-05 29
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 03-30-05 32
           Your actions have been reported IceCat 03-30-05 33
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Ziapal 03-30-05 30
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 03-30-05 31
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Ontheroadagain 03-30-05 34
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Vardis 03-31-05 39
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber anotherkim 04-03-05 44
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bury_those_cockroaches 03-31-05 37
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Loree 04-03-05 45
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber true 04-03-05 46
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Robotext 04-04-05 51
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber J Slice 04-03-05 47
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Kymba 04-04-05 48
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber RenekHawk 04-06-05 53
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber iatovttotx78 04-04-05 50
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 04-13-05 54
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 04-13-05 55
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber weltek 04-13-05 56
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Deekeryu 04-13-05 57
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Wacko Jacko 04-19-05 58
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bobnem 04-20-05 59
 Yet Another Reason Spidey 04-20-05 60
   RE: Yet Another Reason bostonrobfan 04-21-05 71
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber chiara 04-20-05 61
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber TDeniseS 04-20-05 62
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber chiara 04-21-05 74
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 04-20-05 63
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bostonrobfan 04-21-05 70
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber chiara 04-21-05 75
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber memyselfandi 04-22-05 89
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 04-20-05 64
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber chiara 04-21-05 76
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Femme 04-21-05 78
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber chiara 04-21-05 79
                   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 04-22-05 83
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber shanana banana 04-20-05 65
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber AmberandRobbestfan 04-20-05 66
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 04-21-05 68
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber LEGALANGEL 04-21-05 67
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bostonrobfan 04-21-05 72
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber RealityMom 04-21-05 73
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber ARnutz 04-21-05 69
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 04-21-05 80
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber ARnutz 04-21-05 81
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 04-22-05 84
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber ARnutz 04-22-05 85
                   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 04-22-05 86
                       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber ARnutz 04-22-05 87
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber memyselfandi 04-21-05 82
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber DonnaLynn 04-22-05 88
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 04-22-05 90
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber memyselfandi 04-28-05 91
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Steph_Fan 04-29-05 92
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Drive My Car 05-04-05 93
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber zombiebaby 05-04-05 94
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber TDeniseS 05-04-05 95
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber sittem 05-04-05 96
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bostonrobfan 05-04-05 97
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber jaiwhe 05-04-05 98
 RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Surveysez 05-04-05 99
   RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber RealityMom 05-04-05 100
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber nailbone 05-04-05 101
       RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber bostonrobfan 05-04-05 102
           RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber browserguy 05-12-05 104
               RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber Jealousy 05-12-05 106
 Bump IceCat 05-12-05 103
 Romber on Regis and Kelly Loree 05-12-05 105
   RE: Romber on Regis and Kelly Jealousy 05-12-05 107

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

gerk 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-27-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gerk Click to send private message to gerk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-05 AT 00:42 AM (EST)

Romber: Wanted to hate them. Don't. Actually they make this one of the better TAR's...for all the reasons you list, Drive My Car.

Hopefully TAR8, 9, All Star (OK, I'm speculating on successors to TAR9 IceCat, sorry), etc will be that much better for their having been in this TAR.

bochie 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-27-05, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bochie Click to send private message to bochie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I too used to hate Rob on the regular Survivor. But since the Survivor all star, I grew to like him. He managed to save Amber, won $500,000 for second place, and won the girl. That's not easy.

He might not be smart like Einstein, but he has street smart. That's what I like. Remember on the second or third episode of AR where they needed to move 180 books from the store to the library? Rob did it in one trip. You might say that's because he worked on construction, but then again he knows how to apply his skill to the day-to-day life to help him advance. None of the other teams made it in one trip. They all had to make 2 trips.

I like how Rob and Amber can focus on their tasks but yet still relax enough to figure out how to best solve the tasks. Other teams were so focused on finishing their 4 lbs of meat, I doubt that they even thought of using the penalty to their advantage. When they got outsmarted by Rob, and Rob still came out first on the next episode, that's when they were raving like mad, because they probably wished they thought about that too.

That's just my 2 cents

Vardis 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-27-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vardis Click to send private message to Vardis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I like Rob & Amber, but they didn't "outsmart" the other teams by taking a penalty. The team that were ahead of them and did finish likely took less than four hours - Rob could have too if he had to, but he didn't want to, and correctly figured that he could take the penalty and still not come in last.

Even the teams he "convinced" to quit might have made the best move for themselves by taking the penalty, if it would have taken longer to finish. Just because Rob mentioned it doesn't make it a bad decision for them. ;)

Rob and Amber coming in first the next leg of the race was just luck - the penalty very nearly resulted in them not making the first plane. The penalty ended up not hurting them - I don't know that we can say it was to their advantage, though.

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-27-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I thought another team made the book schlep trip in one go, but got lost along the way? Was it Ray/Deana?

Just saying is all... have promised someone else on another thread to try not to bash Romber in a Romber love thread, so am restraining myself from arguing about anything else other than stating facts ;p

WISH_I_WUZ_THERE 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WISH_I_WUZ_THERE Click to send private message to WISH_I_WUZ_THERE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Street smart is a very good way to sum it up. Give the team credit.

sageylil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sageylil Click to send private message to sageylil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>Street smart is a very good
>way to sum it up.
>Give the team credit.

On the survivor bios it said that Rob had graduated College and had studied Psychology so I believe he is a lot smarter then people give him credit for.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-27-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-05 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-27-05 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

This TAR is my introduction to Romber, and I've gotta say that I'm enjoying their race antics.

Rob uses the rules to better his own race, so more power to him. If he steals a cab or two or lies to get ahead - eh - that's been done before.

At first I was dismayed that Survivor elements were being introduced into the game, but I'm now tuning in to see how he manipulates the rules each week. It's going to be fun to see how Burnett adapts the rules in the next TAR.

I like clever people who don't whine and blame others for setbacks.

Romber is having fun along the way and treating the locals with courtesy. That's something many teams can't seem to manage.

Two thumbs up.

ETF syntax and html errors.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>It's going to be fun to see
>how Burnett adapts the rules
>in the next TAR.

Mark Burnett isn't a producer of or has anything to do with TAR. He's the Survivor producer as well as several other shows, but definitely not TAR.

Buggy, I'll echo your sentiments. I have been pleasantly surprised by Romber - especially Rob. Amber is more or less the same as she's been portrayed on the two Survivor shows, except she's a little more grown up, but Rob really has been shown in a much more positive way.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, I was not a Rob fan during the two Survivor seasons. In the first one, I didn't like him at all. In the second one, I still didn't like him but had respect for how he finagled his way through all the All-Stars to be one of the last two standing in one of the more brilliant Survivor performances of all time. Here on TAR? I find that I don't dislike him at all and have actually enjoyed his methods and his way of working together with Lamber.

His teamwork with Lamber should be a model for *every* TAR team to follow in future editions of the show. Calm, collected, having fun, enjoying the surroundings, very polite and respectful of the locals, and scheming to do what it takes to survive on the show without breaking the rules. THAT is a TAR racer, ladies and gentlemen.

Even if Rob/Lamber doesn't win (and I hope they don't), I will consider this as one of the more memorable seasons and have been enriched by their appearance on this show. I don't think they'll win but am glad they're on the show because they're a hoot to watch.

Scratch and sniff

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
<Mark Burnett isn't a producer

Oops.

I do think it will be interesting to see how the producers change the rules to countermand future Robs. He's introduced a whole new way to play the race game.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
You're right... I think the one thing they might change is the time of penalty for not doing a task to make it more of an impediment.

Other than that, I sure hope they won't try to discourage teams from being creative and looking for loopholes or ways to get ahead in the game -- we need more creative people such as Rob in the game!

Scratch and sniff

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-28-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I love Romber! I love how nice they are to each other and to all the locals. I love that they don't whine about bad luck and instead make their own luck. A great example was the traffic jam. I believe Patrick/Susan and Debbie/Bianca were also stuck in traffic. Romber was the only one to get out and do something about the problem. The other two teams were content to sit on their butts and whine about their 'bad luck'.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-28-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Ya gotta love a team that causes so much controversy. It makes posting sooooo much more fun.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-28-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I love Romber because...

they are not all talk Rob may run his mouth but he always follows through

they have an attitude of "I can" not whiney like deana "I caaaant"

they're risk takers and that's what makes them so much fun to watch they know the risks and that they might fail but they would rather go for it then play it safe

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
a friend of mine that has a huge screen High Def TV, says that Amber has flawless skin.

*sigh* I am officially jellus of your friend.

Other than that, I agree with all that you said. Loves me some Romber!!!

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Rob has the "blue collar" work ethic and mentality. If there's an obstacle overcome it. If faced with a problem, try to solve it. If you can't, move on and try another way instead of complaining, until you reach your goal. He isn't above greeting people and knowing their names. He likes to joke around to lighten the mood.

Amber hasn't been lame. She's only been quiet because there's really nothing to say during a lot of the points during the race. Why babble on and on about absolutely nothing? The thing about the wedding and fitting in the dress? Let's bet she was fed that line by the camera crew. She knows her strengths and uses them to complement Rob's abilities. We haven't seen her shine on her own yet. There's a possibility that she may never do but that doesn't make her lame. She carries her share of the team's weight and that's admirable enough already.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-28-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
The thing about Romber is that they are playing the game different than the other teams. In the previous years, its been somewhat cordial and people were polite. But Romber hasn't been. What's funny about them not doing the task is that the other teams followed suit. Who is a bigger idiots, the fools who lead or the idiots that follow the fools?

They have I called "The Howard Stern factor." People ahte them, but tune in to see what they will do next.

I can't help be love them because they play an interesting game. And they make the other teams livid, which is fun to watch. Kinda like Wyle E. Coyote and the road runner.

http://www.geocities.com/pushbenoit/anthony.jpg";> The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-30-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I however lost a little respect for them during the 3/29 episodes. Them not stopping for the accident and Rob's big mouth. (Gretchen and Meredith are the con-artists of the group).

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

kvasir79 48 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kvasir79 Click to send private message to kvasir79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
His comment regarding Meredith really shows what kind of person he is. It really showed us his line of thinking. Takes one to know one.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Actually I thought his comment was kinda funny in a good old fashioned sarcastic kinda way. The people that are giving Meredith and Gretchen money and clothes are actually not very bright. They are nice but are also totally underestimating the competition. I'm sorry but I think Meredith and Gretchen were kinda conning everyone by basically making them feel so sorry for them. Now not only will they have the money they need and a few clothes but they don't have to worry about carrying around those heavy bags. They could be a huge advantage!!!

kvasir79 48 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kvasir79 Click to send private message to kvasir79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
it takes a really sick mind to think someone could hurt his wife on purpose to be at an advantage in a game, where you'd have to beg your way through and be strip off possessions? Give me a break. I agree there is advantage of not having lugguages to haul around but that is far outweighted. Otherwise why would anyone travel with lugguages in the first place? Besides, how would they know that was a non-elimination pitstop?

03-30-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Oh give me a break. It was a JOKE. Rob wasn't seriously saying that Meridith hurt his wife on purpose so they could beg for money.
IT WAS SARCASM!

03-31-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>Oh give me a break. It
>was a JOKE. Rob wasn't
>seriously saying that Meridith hurt
>his wife on purpose so
>they could beg for money.
>
>IT WAS SARCASM!
>
>
>
>
>

Thank you! I love Rob's sense of humor- dry and sarcastic. He cracks me up.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I thought it was shown/edited in poor taste. It would have been better if we were shown a M&G reaction shot. Otherwise, it was just not a zinger (especially after having to sit through Jonathan & Victoria during the last TAR).

There's a thin line between sarcasm and stupidity.

Onto a RtLTR, gotta love how Rob knows his limits. Past Survivor challenges have taught Rob that food challenges are not his thing. Doing the gallant thing(not letting the thinny Amber attempt it, there is a lesson here Ray) and the smart thing(figuring a way around the challenge and cajoling other teams into it) shows that BostonRob has definitely learned from his past (mis)adventures.

How many other reality contestants can you say that about?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>Oh give me a break. It
>was a JOKE. Rob wasn't
>seriously saying that Meridith hurt
>his wife on purpose so
>they could beg for money.
>
>IT WAS SARCASM!
>

Besides does Rob even realize which one Meredith is? LOL!

But really this is just Rob trying to "make good TV". He knows their strong points are playing to the camera.

03-31-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Oh good grief! If Gretchen had been seriously injured, it might have been in bad taste. But she got one little stitch, and it didn't slow her down a bit.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 04:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I disagree... Although it didn't make a big difference in the end, I think the fall and stitch DID slow them down a LITTLE. It takes time to clean a scalp lac and apply enough pressure on it to make sure the bleeding stops you know? Esp in old people. And putting in a stitch in those conditions - dark, no room - while still trying to be sterile, can be tricky. I know coz I'm an ED resident. That said, I wonder why they bothered with one little stitch. A scalp lac that can be done up with one tiny stitch can easily be fixed with "glue" (ie special wound glue) - much faster!

04-01-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Well, I did wonder about the time spent administering medical aid, but I meant in terms of slowing them down race-wise. It didn't seem to hinder her in any of the challenges, like in the market.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

04-03-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I heard on another board from a relative of Amber's that Amber and Rob were waved by the accident scene and told not to stop just like every other team. Lynn and Alex got there first and the staff wasn't there yet to wave them on. Of course they didn't show that on TV because it makes it more interesting to make them look like they wouldn't stop.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-30-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I was busting a gut laughing that not one, but two South Africans
were fans of Romber.

I was ROFL when the second woman took Amber through the market,
drove with them to the orphanage, and directed them to the pit
stop.

Their fame is such a huge advantage, and we witnessed this in
the first episode.

I'm having lots of fun watching them.

twinsmomm 52 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twinsmomm Click to send private message to twinsmomm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I so agree with you!!!! I tried to post (first time) my reasons for liking them but was sent to this board. Better here anyway!! I do believe people are jealous of their beauty and they are beautiful. Rob is ingenious. He is not the "dumb jock" people have labeled him to be. He was the only one to stack 180 books on that handtruck to make the trek in one shot and convincing people to take the four hour wait instead of eating the 4 lbs. of meat was absolutely awe inspiring. Additionally, while all the other teams (with the exception of the brothers who crashed) were pounding their darn corn and sweating, Romber were filling 12 eggs. Remember his comment? "That looks like back breaking work" He and Amber work very well together because she has faith in what he does and doesn't question it. Good luck to the both of them. I hope they go the distance.

WISH_I_WUZ_THERE 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WISH_I_WUZ_THERE Click to send private message to WISH_I_WUZ_THERE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I like the way you put this post. I was originally against the idea of Romber getting a spot on a show where a lot of people would like to be. After watching him although not a fan of their team I do agree with the list you mentioned. They play the game the way it should be played "Competitive"
The whole did not stop for the accident. This has been blown up because L/A assumed everyone would stop then they were mad at themselves after realizing they lost their place in the race. It was theirs to loose and also their decision to do so. The producers would have reacted a lot sooner if there had been a fatality. Think about the helicoptor flying overhead for the video, they had the resources that Romber did not have.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

Reasons I Love Rob and Amber---well, Rob, really

1. I love, love, love, love saracsm. Dry wit. Rob says things that make me laugh out loud. Things that I can't believe he would actually say, like the comment about Meredith pushing Gretchen (come ON, he was obviously joking!) and he delivers lines with a total deadpan. Love it. I love Shakes, so this probably explains a lot about my love of Rob. I love the fact that he is outrageous and gets away with it. I love the fact that it sets people off into the stratosphere. He is the perfect villan because he's NOT evil and vile like Jonathon was. He's a "villan" that you can root for and not feel slimey doing so.

2. He is a master manipulator of people and the situation. I hated him in S4. Hated, hated, hated. I cheered when he was voted off because I thought he was such a nimrod. That was before I realized that so much of his game strategy truly was the whole Robfather act and that he COULD get away with it if given the chance. I thought it was just his arrogance and some sort of delusions. Little did I know that he truly could play people like a fiddle. He hooked me in A.S.S. and I will follow him forever. In TAR he has worked people when he had to and made the best of some bad situations. He is a natural charmer.

3. He is a friendly guy. Sure, he can be a pisser when confronted, but has he started one fight? No. He has been goaded and pushed by Lynn, Alex, Debbie, Bianca, etc. and who wouldn't talk back? Meanwhile, he is beyond agreeable with the locals and seems to be one of the few people in the history of TAR that is actually enjoying the experience. I didn't actually expect that, either. We've not heard either him or Amber whine or complain about any of the situations. They've just dealt with it. If they screw up, they accept it and move on.

4. No screaming, no fighting, no arguing, no bickering. 'nuff said.

5. He's hot. She's hot.

6. Together they are the smartest team on the show. They probably won't win because they are also one of the most impetuous teams, but Rob is hands down one of the smartest players in the history of TAR and Amber is the perfect compliment to him. If she was all Type A, they would be unbearable, but she's not, and they work perfectly together most of the time.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--tkitten and I met him and he is truly a magnetic personality IRL. We spent quite a while talking to him and he was hilarious.

03-30-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
And this is why we worship at the altar of The Kimmah.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-04-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
What Kim said.

I love that Rob combines common sense (blue collar background) with sly intelligence (B.A. in Psychology from Boston U.). Amber is his perfect match, keeping him in check when she needs to and letting him go full steam ahead when necessary.

What really separates this team from the others is that they know what they're playing for. For everyone else, winning $1 million is an abstract concept, but Romber knows the reality of it.

I don't want them to win, but I do hope that they place a close second to Uchenna and Joyce!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
He hooked me in A.S.S.

Heh. Heh.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I lvoe Romber for a myriad of reasons, most of which Kimmah summed up nicely.

In addition, I lvoe Romber because they have made reading these boards this season so frickin hilarious.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I lvoe Romber because they have made reading these boards this season so frickin hilarious.

On that? We can agree. I've read these boards for a long time, but I can't remember anytime we've seen such fun accusations of fanbotism and brainwashing, such meaty ethical discussions and enough passion to make people want to see other people hacked into little pieces by a butcher.

Nor can I remember such an influx of newbies (myself included) inspired by one team. And it's doing wonders for the ratings of my favorite reality show.

So I guess Buggy's warning came true. For that, I *heart* Romber.

And for that alone...

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I only came here cus I was bored and to celebrate the fact that Ray got eliminated from the race and not to mention that the forum I hang out at is a part time funeral parlor.

As I began to read the threads I could not believe how many people hated Romber.

I would not go as far as saying I love Rob, that would me make a fairy and I would have to chop myself up into tiny little pieces and leave a note behind saying: Dog Food.

I don't know what it is about Rob and Amber that makes them so special, you guys have pretty much pointed them all out. Rob is a dork in a good way.
He seems so calm and nonchalant, with out a care in the world

I hate that he doesnt curse. I hate that he is not the villiano everyone makes him out to be. I hate the fact that he does not stab peoples tires or pour sugar in the tanks of his rivals. I hate the fact that he doesnt have a West Coast accent like mine. I hate the fact that he is famous and has more money than me and has a beautiful girlfriend that has even more money than him.

So why do I hate him?

I don't!

Do I love him? Hell no! I ain't no fairy!

But we will be cheering him on.

Because so many people hate him. I have decided to like him and try to "balance the scale", like LibraRising says

Speaking of fairies, did you people see spideys avatar/signiture? Spider Man is dancing like he has sugar in his tank You made Spiderman into a fairy *Good Grief!*
*shakes his head* What is this world comming to LOL

03-30-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
This is not your first post containing derogatory statements about homosexuality or homosexuals.

As you may or may not know, there are several gay and gay-friendly posters here. I am one of them, but it's none of your business which.

I'm guessing your comments are not in violation of board guidelines because you are not actually bashing another specific poster, but it IS in poor taste and won't make you too many friends around here.

Fair warning.

And don't even *think* about busting on the dancing spidey.

03-30-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I believe this poster has been warned for those same types of statements.

And I? Love your Dancing Spidey!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Your actions have been reported"
... to the owner of the message board.

Ziapal 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ziapal Click to send private message to Ziapal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I see it's come down to this in the last post!

The fact of the matter is that those who love Race and who have loved it from the start - like me! - have loved it because it didn't resort to the stunts and underhandedness. It was a race,and it was conducted like a race - and that was it.

Rob wouldn't know right from wrong if you gave him a million bucks, and he proved it again last night. Phil wasn't laughing this time, was he? The moral emptiness of "it's all for the game" was exposed for the phoniness it is. And what are we to make of his assertion that Gretchen faked her injury? Yeah, Rob, it's all about the game, and it's all about money.

And didn't Amber reveal herself as the empty person that she is?

03-30-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"

I have always been a fan of The Amazing Race.
I don't know what show you've been watching, but every season has had it's share of sneakiness and snarkiness. I suppose all previous players were perfect examples of how you think the Race should be run?

Rob isn't the first to try to play the race as a game, he is just doing it his own way.

Ontheroadagain 936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-30-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I'm amazed at the outrage that been going on since last night's episode over Romber bypassing helping the accident victims.

Three (maybe four) other teams passed by after Romber. None stopped. One (was it Uchenna and Joyce?) did check to see if everyone was OK.

But the show played up just Romber not stopping. I didn't hear Phil asking the other groups about whether they stopped or not.

The fact is it is a race. Accidents will happen. If the brothers flipped their vehicle and no one was helping them, and Romber went by without stopping, it would be pretty sleazy. But the brothers were out of the vehicle, walking around, only the camerman was hurt, the others were OK. And the happy boys were already helping out. There was no reason for Romber to stop.

I think Romber should be criticized more for not giving Meredith and Gretchen some money or clothes when they came begging.

Vardis 13 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vardis Click to send private message to Vardis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>
>I think Romber should be criticized
>more for not giving Meredith
>and Gretchen some money or
>clothes when they came begging.
>

Why should they be criticized at all for that? After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party. ;)

Think of it this way - Either giving stuff to M&G won't prevent them from being eliminated, or it will. If it won't help them, what's the point? They'll have their stuff back when they get eliminated. If it will help, then it has to do so to the detriment of another team, since someone is going to be eliminated next.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
ROFLMAO!!

After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party

That is sooooooooooooooo true! And yet, they consistently think they need to be in a big bunch to succeed. I don't get it. Perfect quote. I'm going to steal it.

After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party--Vardis

bury_those_cockroaches 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bury_those_cockroaches Click to send private message to bury_those_cockroaches Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Ah...........Yes.
Rob and Amber how I love thee.
Let me count the ways.
You are like an angel sent from above.
You are a true inspiration.
God has smiled upon you.
Those that plot against thee shall not prevail.
For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
Those heathans shall be smashed and crumble.
Run! Rob Run!
Show them how it is done.

May God be with you.

04-03-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I love Romber. But then I have adored Rob since S4. Yes, I am one of the few people that enjoyed his ways on Marquesas. I love the Jeff Varner and Dr Evil Will type players. They know it's a game and they play to the audience. They say what everyone is thinking but wouldn't dare say out loud. They are entertaining. For that reason they will also have people dislike them. But they don't care.

But even with all the nasty remarks you can see that Romber are good people. They are always polite to the locals and they do not yell and blame each other. This shows me alot more about them than the sarcastic comments made to the camera. I hope they make it till the end. Because wouldn't this season be boring without them?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Because wouldn't this season be boring without them?

Exactly!

I think I've just figured out what's wrong with Survivor this season. It lacks a villian. It's boring.

When people like Rob, Dr. Will, and I'll even include our very own Michael (shakes) are cast in these shows, the entertainment level goes way up for me. They're different than your standard bad guys (think Jonathon or Ray). Not only are they clever stratigists, they do their plotting with humor and biting sarcasm. They make thier shows more fun to watch, and that's what it's all about.

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
"Because wouldn't this season be boring without them?

Exactly!"

NOT!

C'mon, Romber was at their most boring in the two-hour Tuesday. The finishes have been better so far (and Romber has not been near the bottom, so kudos to them!) than prior TAR's.

Actually, I am having more fun rooting for the Brothers than against Romber. Even though Romber(or at least Rawb) has made this edition more entertaining, if they were not there, I would still enjoy it immensely!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I won't remark on Amber. Read my summary if you must know more.

But I'll give Rob his apparently due props for being a very very successful kinda jerk. Kinda like the Donald, I suppose. Underhanded or what have you, but it seems to be working.

Just not my cup of tea.

I don't have to prove that I'm creative - Talking Heads, "Artists Only"

Kymba 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kymba Click to send private message to Kymba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Big time lurker here... Felt a bit compelled to post something about my favorite waste of time. I mean that in a good way...I heart Romber all the way and can't wait to see his bachleor party and all the bridezilla stuff. Anyway I have been reading all this bash toward romber cause they didn't stop for the accident...here is why I see they didn't stop cause if they did Rob would have jumped into his SuperRob cape and would have uprighted the jeep with the brothers help and the boyfriends cheering begrudgedly (is that even a word oh well screw spell check)Sort of like he moved the stalled car in episode 1.
At the pit stop Amber gives some panties to Gretchen and Rob steals Ray and Deanas backpacks and gives them to Old Folks...that is after he pockets all the good stuff. See if this all happened Romber then becomes the good guy and that would be no fun. ok my first post pretty lame but oh well

ROCK ON ROMBER

RenekHawk 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RenekHawk Click to send private message to RenekHawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
"...if they did Rob would have jumped into his SuperRob cape and would have uprighted the jeep with the brothers help and the boyfriends cheering begrudgedly..."

That made me lol.

Go Romber!

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-04-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Because I can. 'Nuff said.

~Tim~

Fighting for peace is like fck!ing for virginity.

04-13-05, 07:42 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
After a very difficult leg in India, my fav pair are still loving the adventure and smiling as they race.

They didn't use the Yield. They had enough of a lead and didn't set any teams further behind. They only wanted to get there first to prevent Ron & Kelly from using it on them.

How sweet was Rob talking to Amber about the Palace?
" Imagine the kind of place I would build for you."

And again they find a helpful local to help them with a task. Not a fan that approached them, but a " Do you speak english? Will you help us?" situation.

They say , "please" they say "thank you"!

They are still good competators, they are still treating each other with kindness, they are still smiling and laughng and having a good time.

They are still the best team in this race.

04-13-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Preach on, Sistah Buggy!!

New from Sigs by Syren!!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Romber should be paying you, buggy!

Ditto to everything you said!

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
There's no doubt in my mind that Rob and Amber are excellent racers who get the job done. They have excellent gameplay, work well together, and their work pays off. Gotten a lot on number ones so far. In fact number one in this TBC leg.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-19-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
If they don't win this season will be a disappointment. They are by far the best team in the race - finishing first in most legs, no fighting, brilliant strategy, and NO boo-boos.

GO Romber!

bobnem 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobnem Click to send private message to bobnem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Drive My Car-... I just read what all you said about Rob and Amber and I agree 99%. I did get a little upset because they didn't atleast call out to the couple who rolled over their jeep, but as Rob said, "It is a race." I still would have taken the time to make sure everyone was okay. I was just crazy about them on Survivor and saw that bond happening between them and I am a HUGE sucker for new beginnings... love. Rob is gorgeous and Amber is beautiful and they are such a sweet couple and I agree with you on how they treat each other. Total RESPECT. As it should be. Rob may get s little ticked sometimes, but he is not a bad as at heart, just that he is tired, hungry, dirty and well... in a race. That is the whole point of this show.. Amazing RACE and they are ALL in it to win, so why all the ugly talk? I don't know who wins this, but I would be very happy if it were Rob and Amber. They are a wonderful, young couple.

04-20-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
60. "Yet Another Reason"
They outlasted Lynn & Alex!!!

Good riddance to bad rubbish

04-21-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Yet Another Reason"
So far, that's one of the best reasons!

chiara 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chiara Click to send private message to chiara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I understand and appreciate your comments, but I think if you look a little closer you will understand why many people do not like Rob and Amber. I have a couple of reasons why:

1) While it's true that they are good players, almost on every leg of the race they have had someone helping them. They have either paid someone to help them or they have taken a fan of survivor that recognizes them along to help. That obviously is not against the rules, but in my opinion it should be. The other teams certainly do not have the advantages of tour guides throughout this race. So are they good players or are they celebrities that have a leg up, so to speak, on their competitors?

2) Rob is a very disrespectful person, I really feel that Gretchen and Merideth deserve the utmost repect for how far they have gotten in the race despite the physical toll it must be taking on their bodies. Rob does not seem to share my opinion, he seems to be so disrepectful to that couple. The episode where Gretchen was injured was so sad and it showed so much heart on her behalf to continue the race, Rob only had ugly comments as he usually does. He also said something that was completely inappropriate in the last show about Indian labor being hard to find. Although he might say these things playfully he should think before he speaks and realize there are times to be respectful.

3) Being attractive on the outside does not always mean you are attractive on the inside, Amber's flawless skin may be hiding a flawed heart or don't you think she would have demanded they stop the car in order to see if the twins were o.k. when they turned over their vehicle? At least yell out the window are you guys O.K. but that did not happen. Do not be fooled by outer appearances!

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>>>>Rob is a very disrespectful >person, I really feel that
>Gretchen and Merideth deserve the >utmost repect for how far
>they have gotten in the >race despite the physical toll
>it must be taking on >their bodies. Rob does not
>seem to share my opinion, >he seems to be so
>disrepectful to that couple. Rob only had ugly
>comments as he usually does. >>>3) Being attractive on the outside >does not always mean you >are attractive on the inside, >Amber's flawless skin may be >hiding a flawed heart or >!

Geez! Quit Hating! I cant wait for G&M to go...enough of the whining..... they are grating my nerves...oldest couple or not. Rob has not said anything worse than Lynn and Alex...or others. You just don't like them because.....a)you are a Lex, Hunter & Kathy fan; b)You are just jealous! Amber has done nothing to prove she has a "flawed" heart...oh wait..maybe it was when she hugged the locals or maybe it's how she is kind and loving to her fiancee instead of yelling at him like G&M have started doing to each other. Who cares about the physical toll on the contestants bodies? They knew the deal when they signed up...so take that "woe is me" and post it in your own "G&M LOVEFEST" forum
....Rob and Amber have increased the entertainment value of this show ten-fold. Say what you want but even if they lose I think CBS still owes them big time for their strong performance on this show.

PS Take your rebuttal to BASHERS!

04-21-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chiara Click to send private message to chiara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

In response to your comments I am not jealous of Amber. I think Amber could have shown more class when it came to another contestant in trouble. Also you bash Alex and Lynn but they stopped to make sure everything was O.K. with the twins and Rob and Amber took that opportunity to pass them. I brought up the physical toll on Merideth and Gretchen's bodies because I respect them for trying so hard and making it as far as they have. Would you agree that they deserve some respect for that? I do not know how the subject of Rob and Amber making money for CBS. plays into this conversation but I certainly agree with you that more people may be watching the show because of team Romber. I dont think I am hating, I have certain opinions of team Romber and you have different opinions.

04-20-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
First a bit of unsolicited advice. Lurk awhile and read stuff, as most of this has already been addressed.

1) While it's true that they are good players, almost on every leg of the race they have had someone helping them. They have either paid someone to help them or they have taken a fan of survivor that recognizes them along to help. That obviously is not against the rules, but in my opinion it should be. The other teams certainly do not have the advantages of tour guides throughout this race. So are they good players or are they celebrities that have a leg up, so to speak, on their competitors?

They are good players. Teams from EVERY SEASON have gotten help from locals. The other teams certainly do have as much opportunity to find tour guides as Romber does, and it's been shown in EVERY SEASON that all ya gotta do is ask someone for help, and you'll likely get it.

2) Rob is a very disrespectful person, I really feel that Gretchen and Merideth deserve the utmost repect for how far they have gotten in the race despite the physical toll it must be taking on their bodies. Rob does not seem to share my opinion, he seems to be so disrepectful to that couple. The episode where Gretchen was injured was so sad and it showed so much heart on her behalf to continue the race, Rob only had ugly comments as he usually does. He also said something that was completely inappropriate in the last show about Indian labor being hard to find. Although he might say these things playfully he should think before he speaks and realize there are times to be respectful.

Yeah, Rob's a smart-ass, but he's not been openly disrespectful to anyone that wasn't disrespectful to him first, unlike Lynn and Alex. And most of his comments are made in jest, again unlike Lynn and Alex. I musta missed his remark about Indian labor, and I saw nothing about it here on the boards.

3) Being attractive on the outside does not always mean you are attractive on the inside, Amber's flawless skin may be hiding a flawed heart or don't you think she would have demanded they stop the car in order to see if the twins were o.k. when they turned over their vehicle? At least yell out the window are you guys O.K. but that did not happen. Do not be fooled by outer appearances!

Go find one of the threads about this and read it, cuz it's all covered there. But basically, it's a race and it was obvious that the wreckees didn't need help. But a flawed heart?!?! Come on! That's WAY harsh to say about someone you only know through a TV show.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

04-21-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>Yeah, Rob's a smart-ass, but he's
>not been openly disrespectful to
>anyone that wasn't disrespectful to
>him first, unlike Lynn and
>Alex. And most of
>his comments are made in
>jest, again unlike Lynn and
>Alex. I musta missed
>his remark about Indian labor,
>and I saw nothing about
>it here on the boards.

His comment was, "It's hard to organize Indian labor." Another joke taken seriously by people who hate Romber.

04-21-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I did say in my message that Rob says things playfully but should realize when he should be respectful. I also said Rob should think before he speaks, in my opinion this was one of those times.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
89. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I think the difference between Rob and Lynn is selfawareness. Rob realizes he can be an ### at times where Lynn thinks nothing he does or says is wrong.

04-20-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"

Welcome to the forum, chiara.

Of course I realize that there are lots of people who don't like Rob and Amber, and they have many reasons, some of the ones you listed.
This was just a fun thread for folks that DO like Rob & Amber to express why.
There are posters here who share your opinion about this team, you aren't the only one who dislikes them.

Hope you have fun here and it makes watching the show more fun for you.

You may want to check out the Basher Forum, it's good fun too!

04-21-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the welcome! You are right maybe this wasn't the appropriate thread to post my thoughts.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Hi, Chiara!

You are simply very polite, and you really held your grace with the rebuttal. As a person who adores Rob and Amber, I appreciate your temper.

While Bashers is a fun place, it's okay to post here differing opinion in Fanatics, just as you did.

I rarely ever say hello, and certainly don't post just to say hello, but you seem incredibly polite and kind and nice and I just wanted to welcome you, too.

I'll also echo Buggy that Bashers is super fun, too.

Femme

04-21-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
79. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Thank you, I really apprieciate you taking the time out of your day to say such lovely things! I am new to the site as you know and when I saw the bashers site I did not think it was an appropriate forum for me because I like the show. I don't dislike Rob and Amber because I do not know them, I just disagree with some of the tactics they have used and some comments Rob has made. I am sure CBS also plays a part in editing things to make them look worse than they really are. Who knows they might not be as bad as I asssumed if someone as nice as yourself is a fan of their's.

04-22-05, 07:42 AM (EST)
83. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Oh do check out the Basher forum, it isn't all hate for the show. Sometimes it's just picking apart the dumb gameplay in an episode, or complaining on a teams attitude.
There is a lot of humor there, the terrific epsisode summaries are posted there too!.
We all love the show!

I don't think your post was innapropriate in this thread, you just dissagreed.

We are getting so many new members this season of Race, it is hard to welcome everyone personally sometimes, but the members here are nice and very helpful, if you have a question just ask, and the Guidelines at the top of the page are also really helpful.

Welcome to all our new members! Have fun!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
For all the reasons that have been posted, I definitely am in the Romber bandwagon!!

HATED Rob on Survivor Thailand. HATED Amber on Survivor Australia. Hated "Romber" on Survivor All Stars.

Was ready, willing, and able to hate Romber on THA. Wanted to hate them! But right away, I realized that they are just perfect for the race! They've worked together well, don't scream and argue, are competitive and athletic, they're funny, no one is pulling the other's weight.......in short, they are the most interesting, fun team to watch. I've been a surprise Romber supporter since Episode 2 and still going strong.

AmberandRobbestfan 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmberandRobbestfan Click to send private message to AmberandRobbestfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I loved Amber on Surviver Australia, and because of her I watched Survivor Allstar. I loved Amber and Rob as soon as their romance was starting.

So, needless to say this is the first TAR I have watched and it's because of Amber and Rob that I am watching. I am voting for them to go all the way. After paying taxes this April 15th I am sure they could use the money! They are the team that deserves it since they play the best.

How many people stop for car accidents when you know there are people there helping??? What more could we do? So, I am not mad that they didn't stop to help the brothers. I mean, it is a race They aren't heartless because of that.

Ron and Kelly both said that Rob and Amber are sweet and good people! I believe the same.

04-21-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
How many people stop for car accidents when you know there are people there helping??? What more could we do? So, I am not mad that they didn't stop to help the brothers. I mean, it is a race They aren't heartless because of that.

We? Amber, is that you?!?!?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

LEGALANGEL 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LEGALANGEL Click to send private message to LEGALANGEL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Personally I didn't care for Rob and Amber on Survivor, BUT ... on Amazing Race, I love them! They are having fun, enjoying the game and making it so much more interesting. They don't whine, complain and as you say, Rob is very friendly and outgoing with everyone he meets. There have been quite a few "sour" attitudes from the other players. He shows everyone, that all you need to do, is just have fun and enjoy the game ! Go Rob / Amber !!!

04-21-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>There have been
>quite a few "sour" attitudes
>from the other players.
>He shows everyone, that all
>you need to do, is
>just have fun and enjoy
>the game ! Go
>Rob / Amber !!!

I think that is what really bugs Romber-haters (including the other teams). Rob and Amber are having fun AND doing well.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I didn't think much of much of either Rob or Amber when they were on their original seasons of Survivor but I loved them on Survivor All-Stars. It's ironic that they weren't originally considered big threats on All-Stars, or they would have been voted off early. But Rob was amazing on All-Stars- getting the other team including Lewho I'm sure is still bitter) to save Amber was foreshadowing for how well Rob and Amber would do on TAR. I love Uchenna and Joyce but I think that if there can't be a tie, that Rob and Amber have played TAR better than any other team and deserve to win.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
OK. Ms. Buggy!

Let's see, my reasons to love Romber:

1. Hmmm... I think I've got one... No, that makes me not like them...

hmmm... Wait! No, no, no that won't do either... *shrug*

Sheesh! I can't think of a single reason!

*wink* *smooch*

04-21-05, 05:57 PM (EST)
80. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
*whack*

New from Sigs by Syren!!

04-21-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
81. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
"Ouch!"

OK, I'll play along!

First Amber:

1. Amber has nice hair.
2. Amber has a cool red shirt with my first initial on it!
3. Amber has really great teeth.
4. Amber does not have a smug Bahstahn accent.
5. Amber seems notsobad.

*note: you have to admit she is a bit ditzy.

Now Rob:

1. noIcan'tdothis
2. omgIcan'tstandhim
3. pleasenoIcan't

*snort*

04-22-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
84. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Okay Ms. Nutz! I'm going to hold myself back since you are a nascar teammate. *giggle*

First I am going to dissagree with you

I think Amber comes across as ditzy at times because she is so young.

Then I am going to help you, with a Rob reason that even you can agree with.
He was nice to Kimmah and ThdrKitten!!! Really, when they met him he was friendly, to OUR friends.

Can you get behind that one?
Or shall I get Nailbone to come back in here to *whack* you again?

*giggle*

04-22-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
85. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-05 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

OK, OK! Since I *heart* Kimmah & Thndrkttn, I will concede on that one. If you say it is so, then I'm sure he is very friendly IRL. IMO, to the other racers... not so much! What have Uchenna & Joyce or Meredith & Gretchen ever done to him?

I'll even give you another... Rob *hearts* the Red Sox & so does Monsty!

... and honestly, I would take 10 Robs over 1 Ray, 1 Colin or 1 Jonathan any day!

Plus, I do have to admit... they have brought new fans to the show and the boards who add a lot to our discussions!

You know, this all started because I said "I Hate Quitters" and I was fair enough to include Deana & Meredith there too. Other people made it into a Rob thread and now I am labeled a Romber hater! I don't think of myself as a "hater", but rather a "disliker".

ETA: Look!!! I went back to all of my love lists from the beginning of the season to prove it to you!

LL 7.1 I said:

4. Romber - team Survivor: I wanted to hate them, but they did very well and Rob provided some funny moments. It's really funny how all of the other teams are out to get them. It seems they feel the same way the fans do.

LL 7.2 I said:

3. Romber (4) – They have definitely changed my pre-conceived notion of them. They ran an excellent leg. I just wish they didn’t scheme so much, but that is part of their strategy. Let’s see if it works for them.

LL 7.3 I said:

7. Romber (3) – There were plenty of teams that completed the challenge and he just wimped out! He is a quitter! You’re a man! You could’ve done it. I have no respect for quitters.

Notice! Even when I hated Rob for quitting, I didn't rank them in last place! That was the turning point for me and IMO, Rob hasn't redeemed himself to me.

*giggle* (Steps down from the soapbox, satisfied with defense of herself.)

Really, Boners *whacks* hurt and I don't want another one.

04-22-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
86. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
My work is complete.

I knew you weren't a hater, just a disliker, and even then in in the context of the game and what you saw on TV. I'm picking on you, it's FUN!

04-22-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
87. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
You? Will always be #1 on my Love List!!!

*smooch*

I have to say, I am having a lot of fun with you and it's nice that we can do it and we know we are just joking around!

04-21-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
82. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
They work well together, treat each other well,and really seem to be in love
I like that they have studied the game and love the show
I like that they think outside of the box and do whatever needs to be done

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
88. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I completely agree! I have never seen another team work so well together before! I also like the fact (as you said) that they take time to enjoy themselves and are very nice to people. I remember either 1 or 2 seasons ago that one of the teams was so disrespectful of a particular place they were in. The woman was going on and on about how "gross" the place was and couldn't wait to leave. Of course I could go on and on about Victoria and Jonathon but why bother? They were the absolute worst... After seeing people like that on this race how can you not like Rob and Amber?

--Donna :~)

04-22-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
90. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I remember either 1 or 2 seasons ago that one of the teams was so disrespectful of a particular place they were in. The woman was going on and on about how "gross" the place was and couldn't wait to leave.

That'd be Kendra.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

04-28-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
91. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Altough last episode Rob got over cocky I wanted to add that when KARMA bit them they stepped up their race and didn't waste time blaming the travel agent, the airlines,etc.or worse blame/take it out on each other.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
92. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
> Altough last
>episode Rob got over cocky
>I wanted to add that
>when KARMA bit them they
>stepped up their race and
>didn't waste time blaming the
>travel agent, the airlines,etc.or worse
>blame/take it out on each
>other.

Right. He just said something along the lines of "Next time, we won't miss the flight."

Have you ever known someone for a long time, but forgotten their name? It feels like it is too late to ask. That's how I feel about having lurked here so long, like maybe it was too late. But Steph inspired me!

05-04-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
93. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I'm still loving this team! I love the way they take chances, and they are still working together.
Sure they are lucky, but that is part of the game, luck is always a part of it.
They are supportive. Amber wasn't screaming at Rob during the bus challenge.
They Rock!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
94. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I agree Buggy! Even Amber is showing some personality and that she does use her brain...they *are* a good match.

I have no problem with a Rob/Amber or Uchenna/Joyce win. Although I would say Rob/Amber raced better overall and had better strategy, took more chances and thought more "outside the box".

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
95. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
>>Although I would say Rob/Amber >raced better overall and had
>better strategy, took more chances >and thought more "outside the >box".
>

I AGREE!!! They are definitely one of the best TAR teams..ever... in terms of the number of legs they have come in first or 2nd place...must be a record. And they definitely have a record for "most prizes." I think if they don't win the million in the race....CBS owes them a million (like they gave to Rupert for Survivor) for their entertainment value, and sportsmanship alone. I WILL watch the wedding...hope they get top dollar for it! Better than watching that "DAW" Trista and poor sappy Ryan's pink wedding.

GO R/A!!!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
96. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
RA remind me a lot of Colin/Christie in their racing abilities (not relational stuff!!!). They just have an uncanny knack of making good decisions and finding a way to be near or at the front. CC should have won TAR 5, though they made one poor decision. It appears the luck of RA will end and UJ (whom I love) will get the final luck. Overall though, like Chip and Kim, they havne't been the best racers of the season.

But, that's one of the reasons I love TAR - it's unpredictable and some things end up being out of their hands.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

05-04-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
97. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I think they are the only couple who have yet to yell at each other.

jaiwhe 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jaiwhe Click to send private message to jaiwhe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
98. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I love Rob and Amber for the exact reasons you stated!!!!! They are the perfect couple, and work incredible together. I don't think there is anyone in my life that I could get along with that well. I've been waiting all season for a fight or disagreement, and nothing!!
The only thing that I didn't like was the car accident. I wouldn't have stopped either, but had they at least rolled down the window and asked if everyone was ok, I would have respected that more than just speeding by. Like I said I wouldn't have stopped and got out though.
I want them to take it home!!
They have the perfect strategy of always finding someone who speaks english to guide them throught the city, their own "tour guide" and because of it they are constantly on top. Way to go!!!

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
99. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
If I didn't already like Rob and Amber, a couple things last night would have tipped the scales. When they were getting the clues to Baker Street, Rob was examining the world with the magnifying glass, and when they were approaching the museum, Amber was wearing the deerstalker hat, pretending to smoke the pipe, and looking through the glass. Overall, despite the fact that the race is nearing the end, they looked to be having fun.

So even if they lose, they are winners for enjoying the race together.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
100. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
I wish there was a way to do a poll of how many people's opinion of Rob and Amber has changed with every passing week. I really believe that the love 'em group keeps going up while the hate 'em group keeps shrinking. Amber was adorable in the Sherlock Holmes get-up. They've run a fantastic race.

05-04-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
101. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Amber is adorable in any get-up.

Just sayin'.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

05-04-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
102. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
Oops, forgot- Rob might not know what a dervish is (or how to pronounce it correctly) but this Beatles fan gives him major props for knowing right off what crosswalk they made famous.

browserguy 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail browserguy Click to send private message to browserguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
104. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
All the positives about Rob mentioned are negated by one simple fact, he screws with people just for the sake of it, which, in the end, makes him a jerk and without integrity.

Asking U/J and the old couple (couple episodes ago) which flight they got when he knew there was only one was worthy of a pop in the mouth. Joke was on him when it turned out there actually was one. Pretending he was lost on the road (several episodes ago)to screw with the old couple behind him was disgusting. Not even pausing to make sure the brothers were ok at the wreck was inexcusable. Lying about paying locals to keep quiet and then getting upset for being called out on it was spineless. Then taking the girl's cab because they called him out on it was juvenile.

And this thing about him being nice to locals is shortsighted. His goal was to gain an edge, it had NOTHING to do with his nature.

Anybody who finds this acceptable behavior needs to look in the mirror. Somehow, a lot of Generation Yer's seem to relish this, which is puzzling to me for it is without a shred of integrity.

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jealousy Click to send private message to Jealousy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
106. "RE: Reasons to Love Team Romber"
The thing is Rob /didn't/ know if they knew of a better flight, thus he asked. That was his primary reason, to see if they knew something he didn't. And apparently they didn't know and were so worried about it that they scrambled to check for a flight. So that backfired for Rob, but he really wanted to know if Gretchen and Meredith had a better flight than him at the time, or if they knew of anything. Not that Rob didn't work hard to double and triple check if there was a better flight -- he continuously asked ticket agents about it.

And please don't tell me that I need to look in the mirror. I like Romber because they were very good to each other AND very VERY entertaining. I liked Rob from the start when he had trouble popping the trunk of his car in the first episode. It was endearing and then when he told Amber that he wanted to stop and get something to eat. Then he hopped out of his cab in that same episode to help push a car along that was blocking traffic. Then in the recap, when he had to hop out of that transportation truck to help with a malfunction that they were experiencing -- I hope Susan and Patrick thanked Rob for getting them back on track since they shared the same truck. Rob is funny and very handy to have around.

Things like that put him in my cool book while most of the other teams for the longest time have been non-entities. And for your information I am not a generation Yer. Thanks.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
103. "Bump"

05-12-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
105. "Romber on Regis and Kelly"
I enjoyed that nobody believes that American Airlines would normally let people on the plane like they did U&J. AA certainly are not going to get good press from Romber on this one. Kelly figures everytime you want AA to wait for you now you can just remind them that they did that for TAR. Rob and Amber thought it was pretty suspicious and the pilot owes them a million dollars.

But Romber are happy and excited about everything and they enjoyed travelling around the world and winning the prizes. They are really busy now with public appearances and Rob is excited about the World Poker thing coming up. They are just a very happy couple in love.

Regis was upset because Amber had made some T-shirts for Kelly. So Rob made one for Regis and it said "I love(heart) Rob" on it.

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jealousy Click to send private message to Jealousy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
107. "RE: Romber on Regis and Kelly"
That Rob shirt to Regis sounds so cute! I'm sure the Reg was flattered. ;)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •