The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-19-07, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-07 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-23-07 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 07:56 AM (EST)

I can no longer edit the initial post of the second thread so I am starting a new one.

-------------

Here's a thread to track what we know about the different theme nights, guest coaches and former AIers who will appear on the show--***contains spoilers --do not read if you do not want to know which weeks the guest hosts will be on the show***:

Top 24--->20--Feb 22: Fantasia sings on results night; her second album debuted in December 2006

Top 20--->16: Mar 1: Kellie Pickler sings on results night; her first album debuted October 2006

Top 16--->12 March 8: Carrie Underwood sings on results night; this was Carrie's 4th appearance on AI since she won in season 4 (per Wikipedia)

Top 12--March 13-- Diana Ross guest coach; she preformed on results night; Diana's new album was released in January 2007 in the US

Top 11--March 20--British Invasion, Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits)and Lulu guest coaches and perform on results night; Lulu's last album was released in 2005

Top 10--March 27--Songs that inspire Gwen Stefani is the theme, Gwen Stefani is the guest coach; Gwen and Akon performed "Sweet Escape" on results night; her Sweet Escape almun debuted December 2006 and she is currently on the Sweet Escape tour

Top 9--April 3--Big Band week--Tony Bennett guest coach; Michael Buble performed on results night as a substitute for Tony Bennett, who fell ill; Michael's new abum is out May 2007

Top 8--April 10--Latin week--Jennifer Lopez guest coach sing ; her new Spanish album was released the end of March 2007; she will release a new English album September 2007; AKOn and JLo each performed on results night

Top 7--April 17--Country night--Martina McBride guest coach; her latest album was released April 2007; Fergie and Martina both performed on results night

Top 6--April 24--Idol Gives Back --Inspirational songs week--see below for list of guests including Kelly Clarkson; Kelly's new album debuts mid 2007; Quincy Jones as guest coach?

Top 5-- May 1--Bon Jovi as guest coach and to perform results night May 2; Bon Jovi's new album debuts June 2007 and a new single, "Make A Memory" debuted March 2007

Top 4--May 8-- Barry Gibb is the guest coach; his web site says May 8 & 9 so guessing that Barry sings on results night.

Top 3--May 15 -- usually 3 songs: 1) Clive's choice, 2) judge's choice, and 3)contestant's choice

Top 2--May 22--usually 3 songs: 1) new coronation song and 2&3) 2 other reprisals

Recap of the info:

Ryan told us on 2/22 we would have the following stars this year on AI:

Diana Ross
British Invasion
Gwen Stefani
Jennifer Lopez
Martina McBride
Tony Bennett
Jon Bon Jovi
Barry Gibb

Returning AI-ers:

so far: Fantasia; Kellie Pickler; Carrie Underwood

Anticipated: Chris Daughtry (May 9?); Taylor Hicks (finale? May 23? He is touring many of the other AI nights, appears to be open April 18 and May 16; tour ends May 12)

ETA 4/3: Confirmed to appear: Ryan told us on April 3 that Kelly Clarkson will be part of the Idols Give Back show and sing live from their second venue, the Walt Disney Concert Hall; proceeds from the tickets sales will go to the charity. Kelly Clarkson's new album, "My December", will be released in mid 2007.

Other guests on the Idol Gives Back show:

Daniel Radcliff (from Harry Potter)
Melissa Ethridge
Kiera Knightley
Hugh Grant
Helen Bonham Carter
Forrest Whittiker
Pink
Gwen Stefani
Mr Bean/ Rowan Atkinson
Jack Black
Quincy Jones
also unnamed performers to perform a duet
Ellen Degeneres
Bono

Ellen Degeneres will be the host at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Ryan will be the announcer/host from the usual AI stage. Bono will appear to discuss his work in Africa.

Ryan told us on 4/10 that these artists would perform at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (and be a part of the Idol Gives Back show:

Il divo
Earth, Wind and Fire
Rascal Flats
Annie Lennox
Josh Grobin
Kelly Clarkson

ETA 4/19/07: ETA more details on Idol Gives Back list; Jack Black, Quincy, duet

ETA 4/11/07: updated with Ryan's list of performers at the concert hall.

ETA: rumor is that Robin Thicke pretaped an appearance for AI--it may be the Bon Jovi results night or the Barry Gibb results night ...not many openings left. The rumored pretaped Akon and Fergie performances have already played out.

ETA: added rumor of Bono on April 24. --Confirmed 4/23.

ETA 4/5/07: cleaning up main section and adding guests new albums info (it is about commerce, after all).

And, to add the update that the songwriting contest was announced by Ryan on the 4/4 show without much fanfare (no graphics or flourish). Info on their website, sounds like there is only a two week window to get your song sent to AI.

Rumored: Constantine, Ace and other former contestants will appear to sing songs that America has sent in for the coronation song contest --but no mention was made of this yet.

ETA 3/07: Taylor Hicks will appear this year per Nigel's interview; no word yet on Chris D's appearance.

ETA 3/07: added rumor of Bono on April 24 or 25 show? Note: Ryan did not mention Bono when he cited guests on 4/4

ETA: 3/07 Rumor: Leona Lewis, last year's X Factor winner, will appear sometime in this season, probably after her single drops. Her new album debuts September 2007.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-19-07 1
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zombiebaby 04-19-07 3
       RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... geekboy 04-19-07 5
       RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-19-07 11
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... geekboy 04-19-07 6
       RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... Breezy 04-19-07 7
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-19-07 2
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... geekboy 04-19-07 4
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... Corvis 04-19-07 8
       RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... emydi 04-19-07 9
           RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-19-07 10
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... agman 05-05-07 23
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-23-07 12
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-23-07 13
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-23-07 14
       RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... cahaya 04-25-07 15
           RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-26-07 16
               RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-27-07 18
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 04-26-07 17
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 05-01-07 19
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 05-05-07 20
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 05-05-07 21
       RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... agman 05-05-07 22
           RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 05-05-07 24
 RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 05-11-07 25
   RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights,... zazzy 05-15-07 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-19-07, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Brought this over from the part 2 thread:

I'll have to check last night's show --looks like the new names for next week were Jack Black and Quincy Jones (see bottom of the first post for previous list). There has been a rumor that Quincy would be the guest judge.

As for last night, the Fergie spoiler was true--down to the description of what she wore and her hair and shoes.

Ryan said we would get a duet from two very big names in music--what sprang to my mind was Simon/Garfunkle, particularly since Paul Simon has made many treks to Africa and incorporated African singers into his performances.

The other idea I had was Paul McCartney/Ringo Starr but I think there would be much more hoopla for them.

Other ideas?

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Celine Dion was mentioned. God I hope she cancels.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
** HIGH-5 **

I love puppies! S. Cowell

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-07, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
>
>Celine Dion was mentioned. God
>I hope she cancels
>

She's better than Sanjaya. Lakisha and Melinda are better than her. But, they can't be guest singers at their own results show!

04-19-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
As I remember the promo, the duet is being billed as 'making history' and with two huge stars who haven't sang together before....or so that is how my brain remembers it.

geekboy

PS: Sorry for the dupe post below....

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
That's how I remembered it too.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

04-19-07, 07:57 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Just noticed how the songwriting promo has really been back burnered--no pimpage of it last night IRRC--and yet we had filler galore in the results show.

04-19-07, 11:24 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Any rumors floating around about the 'duet that will make history'? Could it be Michael Jackson, which has been rumored all year, and denied by Lythgoe (as if his denials ever mean anything)?

Who could the other half of the duet be?

geekboy

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Paul McCartney and Madonna. That's my guess.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
I thought it might be Bono bc of the African connection....woman...who knows...Tina Turner?

04-19-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
There was a Bono rumor swirling around earlier and isn't Tina working on a new album?

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"

Hi Geekboy, what happened to your cool sig?

I know everything,except for the things I don't know which far out number the former!

04-23-07, 11:03 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Idol Gives Back.... will be hosted by...Ellen (Degeneres).

She announced it on her show when she was interviewing Sanjaya.

Wonder why Ryan's not the host...wonder if his nose is out of joint. Maybe he is the introducer of Ellen the host, lol.

-------

Sanjaya said he never did stuff with his hair before the show but had people to do it for him when he was on the show. It was fun to change his hair and he will keep doing it because it's fun (because it gets him press?--he seems media savvy already.) He is very self assured for 17.

04-23-07, 06:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
So the Bono rumor appears to be true: USA Today's Idol Chatter reports:

"What Bono is doing, precisely, is to (in the words, often capitalized, of the press release) "meet with the six AMERICAN IDOL finalists to talk about the work of ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History (www.one.org) and how the IDOL audience can help. The IDOL contestants also will perform American Prayer, a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa." "

I wonder if this means he is sorta the guest coach for the week?

04-23-07, 06:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Checked the top post and forgot that Quincy Jones will be on the show so I think the guest coach is Quincy.

MJ's Big Blog says Ellen is hosting at the Walt Disney Concert center while Ryan is the usual host at the AI stage.

Her blog also says the show was pretaped--probably today. guess we will be rife with spoilers tomorrow.

Her blog also says that Tuesday's show is one hour and Wednesday's show is 2 HOURS.

She also reports the same Celine Dion rumor that Priestdi posted on another thread:

"There is a rumor that the “special duet” between “two of the biggest stars in musical history” that Ryan mentioned on Wednesday’s results show will be Celine Dion duetting with Elvis Presley. An Elvis impersonator will play the on-stage part of Elvis. Eep. And the Idols will sing back up. The performance, has apparently already been taped. "

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Quincy Jones is reason enough for me to at least tune in. Some of the other guests like Bono would be worth watching for too. If Rowan Atkinson is really in this, I'm glued to the tube! Looks like an interesting show coming up tonight, voting results aside.

04-26-07, 06:10 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
What did we not get that Ryan had said we would have?

Did not see--I wonder if the people who went to the concert got to see these people:

Daniel Radcliff (from Harry Potter)
Melissa Ethridge
Pink
Gwen Stefani
Rowan Atkinson

Did see:

Kiera Knightley
Hugh Grant
Helen Bonham Carter
and many others in the video
Forrest Whittiker

Jack Black performed
Quincy Jones worked with idol contestants
Celine Dian/Elvis performed
Ellen Degeneres hosted concert hall
Bono talked with idol contestants
Il divo performed
Earth, Wind and Fire performed
Rascal Flats performed
Annie Lennox performed
Josh Grobin performed with children's choir
Kelly Clarkson performed with Jeff Beck

04-27-07, 00:15 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Evidentally they had timing problems with some of the talent...some to be shown later in the season.

BUT, $60m was raised...so far. Nice amount!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070427:americanidol_charity_dc__ER:1

04-26-07, 06:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
What we have left:

2 weeks of guest coaches:

Next week Bon Jovi

in 2 weeks: Barry Gibb (whose Nashville home, the former home of Johnny Cash, just burned down)

Still to see:

Robin Thicke who was pretaped -- maybe this coming week on results night?

Chris D--Barry Gibb results night?

Taylor --finale results night?

---

Haven't heard much more about the songwriting contest, other former idols appearing, or Leona Lewis (X factor winner) appearing. Leona looks a bit like Simon's girlfriend.

05-01-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Here's an article that explains the tie in of Shrek 3 getting so much exposure on Idol--Katzenberg was supposed to deliver Justin Timberlake, who plays a prince in the movie, to be a mentor for the idols but he "balked".

http://www.slate.com/id/2164832/

(snip)

Reluctant prince: American Idol has lots of fun guests. On Wednesday night, Celine Dion sang with Elvis! But last week, there was an odd couple, indeed: Jeffrey Katzenberg, the chief of DreamWorks Animation, and Antonio Banderas.

For many people in the industry, seeing Elvis was less of a jolt than seeing Katzenberg. Obviously, he has an incentive to promote the upcoming Shrek the Third, and having the contestants rave about the movie after a screening serves that purpose. But since neither Katzenberg nor Banderas can be considered a pop icon, why would the producers of American Idol want them?

The answer is: They didn't. The folks at Paramount (which will distribute Shrek) also made a big ad buy on the show, of course, but the real lure was that Katzenberg was supposed to deliver Justin Timberlake, who plays a young prince in the new movie. Having the newly redeemed Timberlake appear as mentor to the aspiring Idols makes a lot of sense, no matter how unwilling one might be to listen to boy-band covers.

But Timberlake balked. Katzenberg's camp says the problem was that Timberlake's touring schedule changed, making the appearance impossible. A well-placed Timberlake source says the young man opted to spend the week in Scotland with his parents.

There were early reports that Timberlake—who was Mr. Cameron Diaz at the time he was hired to co-star with her in the third Shrek—did not sparkle in his role. A source says his performance turned out "fine" but notes that he's not meant to be particularly funny. He plays a reluctant heir to the throne. (Maybe he was in character when he said no to American Idol.)

Meanwhile, Idol is open for movie business. Next week, Disney will shell out for a 90-second commercial during the show for its next animated film, Ratatouille. No doubt, a studio would like exclusivity when it pays enormous amounts of money for ad time. But the studios aren't in a strong negotiating position when it comes to the show. "Idol is the only place to reach an 8-year-old and an 80-year-old," says one marketing executive. "It's worth the money."

(snip)

05-05-07, 02:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
I've read on a couple of boards that Chris Daughtry will be on AI on May 22 (the night the final two perform); and I am still assuming that Taylor will be on the show on the finale night, May 23. AI needs the ratings boost. I am surprised they did not have these guys on earlier, with the way the show's ratings have been going.

05-05-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Read at MJ's BB chat that Elliot is to appear on May 16.

Since we have heard that Chris D and TH are to appear, that leaves Kat from last year's F4....wonder if they will shoehorn her in as well?

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-07, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-07 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

I can't remember the tv magazine show, but I seem to remember hearing that they were negotiating with her for something this year. I'll try and get back with the specifics, sorry

May you be born in interesting times. Chinese proverb

05-05-07, 08:09 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Thanks, Agman!

05-11-07, 06:22 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Reading on different sites that Elliot will perform on Wednesday, F3 results night (ironic much?) and Leona Lewis, the winner of X Factor is scheduled to perform on the same show.

IIRC, Clive Davis has signed her....and Clive should be on this week's show...oh, the pimpage.

05-15-07, 00:56 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Part 3: Season 6 theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Read at MJ's today that Leona Lewis has tonsilitis and won't be on the show...she went home to England. Perhaps there is room for Kat now?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •