The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show outline Immunity Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-02, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show outline Immunity Challenge"
The tribes carry heavy canoes into water, light a torch out in the water, swim back to shore and light torch on shore, then sprint across rocky beach to finish line.

JP said the canoes will take on water and weigh close to 500 lbs. Also, when pointing at the markerboard outline of the challenge, please note that there is another challenge beside it (covered with a curtain) that is called "Do Or Done."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show outline Immunity Cha... Tumbler 02-28-02 1
   RE: Early Show outline Immunity Cha... Swami 02-28-02 3
 Next Challenge? Krautboy 02-28-02 2
   RE: Next Challenge? Swami 02-28-02 4
       RE: Next Challenge? tribephyl 02-28-02 7
       RE: Next Challenge? George Tirebiter 02-28-02 8
   RE: Next Challenge? Bungler 02-28-02 5
   RE: Next Challenge? tribephyl 02-28-02 6
       RE: Next Challenge? TheWanderer 02-28-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Show outline Immunity Challenge"
Bungler

When Jeff was explaining camera angles etc. for the IC, there was a wider shot of the crew's camp(?) Can you capture that image? In the upper right hand corner of the shot, there are flags of three different colors. Two of them are the tribal colors(yellow and green-teal) and one is purple. Could this be the merged tribe color? If this has already been established, sorry, I'm sort of new here. Thanks.

Tumbler

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-02, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early Show outline Immunity Challenge"
I also saw those flags. They appeared quite tall, over 6 foot peeled pole flag staffs. There were 9 of them (I counted twice, very sure of this number) standing in a racked row about 1 foot or less between poles. There were three pennants (elongated triangles) on each pole. The flag closest to camera & most visible had 3 pennants lined up on the same pole--turquoise at top, red in middle & yellow at bottom. (My TV may have different color tones, but top & bottom pennants looked like tribal color as on buffs.) It was hard to see all the fluttering pennants, but my impression is that the pennants were in the same order, three on each pole.

Swami

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-28-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Next Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-02 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

(Edited to add that I just noticed Bungler had already made the same observation)

Thanks Bungler! Your the Vidcap King!

The images of JP in, what appears to be, the "strategy room", show him explaining the Challenge that has been diagramed on the dry erase board...

If you look in the upper right there seems to be a title? It looks like it could be another diagram of perhaps the next challenge? I can't make out what it says...something like "DO OR DIE", "DO OR DINE", "DO OR DIVE", or does it just say "DO NOT ERASE" like the other one does?

Any ideas?

Krautboy (just 3661 bytes of cuteness)

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next Challenge?"
Pretty sure the words are 'Do or Done'. From the way the jury-rigged curtain has been hung just below the words when it could just as easily have been hung to cover them, I think MB was giving us a deliberate tease.

Some other things I noticed in this preview (I saw it on CBS morning show, assume that's where bunglar got the vidcaps):

In his conversation with CBS interviewer Jon Franken (sp?), Jeff commented that anyone who arrived for the challenge in sandals would be in trouble when they had to race across the rocks. Arriving for the challenge, Hunter & girl behind him (Sarah I think) were in sandals. But they were carrying yellow vinyl bags. When shown running towards the water in the actual challenge, all had shoes on. Perhaps someone was smart enough to pack and bring extra shoes, shirts, etc. so they could be prepared for anything. Whoever decided that must have earned some good-tribe-member points with others. This also may explain an earlier photo we had of this group where people were wondering what was in the vinyl bags.

While walking down the beach & discussing challenges, Jeff & Franken walked past two stone ring fire-pits, small diameter but about 15 inches high. They were solid, as though stones were mortared together somehow. One fire-pit was many yards away from the next. Is this a future challenge related prop, or part of this one? Jeff said challenge would take place in one hour from their walk, so there would be time to do a few more preparations on the beach before Survivors arrived.

They also showed Maraamu walking down the beach holding hands in a circlular formation with Sean & Rob leading, then Sarah & Pat on Rob's right, Peter and Hunter in the rear, and Gina and Vecepia on Hunters left with Vecepia holding Sean's hand to complete the circle. Damm, that explanation isn't very clear. Do you have a vidcap of that, Bungler? The formation of 2 boys then 2 girls then 2 boys then 2 girls just didn't look accidental. In the background, Rotu could be seen walking towards Maraamu in an unordered group, nobody hoding hands. I have no idea what was going on in this scene.

Swami

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-02, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next Challenge?"
They also showed Maraamu walking down
>the beach holding hands in
>a circlular formation The
>formation of 2 boys then
>2 girls then 2 boys
>then 2 girls just didn't
>look accidental. In the
>background, Rotu could be seen
>walking towards Maraamu in an
>unordered group, nobody hoding hands.
> I have no idea
>what was going on in
>this scene.

Could it just be them arriving at challenge? Maraamu are holding hands to reinforce tribal unity. I'm not quite sure what is so peculiar about that? Maraamu is also seen clapping and holding hands in other pics.

Arriving for the
>challenge, Hunter & girl behind
>him (Sarah I think) were
>in sandals. But they
>were carrying yellow vinyl bags.
> When shown running towards
>the water in the actual
>challenge, all had shoes on.
> Perhaps someone was smart
>enough to pack and bring
>extra shoes, shirts, etc. so
>they could be prepared for
>anything. This
>also may explain an earlier
>photo we had of this
>group where people were wondering
>what was in the vinyl
>bags.

This sounds like a great idea. And ties in the vinyl bags question.I wasn't sure if they had the bags before challenge or after. Since the bags are not part of a reward for a win. There goes yet another pic series that could've suggested a Maraamu win. Doesn't bode well for Peter. Still.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-28-02, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next Challenge?"
> Is this a future challenge related prop, or part of this one?
Jiffy said this challenge would involve taking the canoes (with the added weight simply to make it more difficult) into the surf--at the worst possible time, tide-wise--out a ways to retrieve fire, return--taking water on badly, he expected (gleefully?)--and then they will have to race across the rocks quite a ways to use that fire to light their torches.

He seemed to delight in the difficulty, the fact that footwear would provide added grief ("it's all good," I think he said), and kind of exhibited an air of sadism about it all. Best part was when Jiffy tried to spring an impromptu race along the path they'll have to run, and the reporter beat him handily (even though JP tried to grab his shirt to hold him back.)

GT

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next Challenge?"
Krautboy,

After closer examination, I think you're right. It says "Do or DIVE" not "Done" like I'd thought earlier.

I actually froze the frame, walked up to my TV with a magnifying glass and looked at that way. How's that for pathetic?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Next Challenge?"
I believe it says "Do or Dine" which would coincide with a "gross food" challenge in EP2.
"Do or Done" just doesn't make sense, what kind of challenge is that? I suppose it could be "Do or Dive", but that just doesn't sit right with me, either.

It's meant to be a word play on "Do or Die". And "Do or Dine" fits best.IMO

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-28-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-02 AT 05:11 PM (EST)

It is "Do or Dine"
I just copied the vidcap from above and enlarged the image.
There are four letters, so it couldn't be "Do or Die" and I agree, "Do or DIve" doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe this challenge is a bit different... maybe the "dining" is one of the penalties.
Example: If a contestant doesn't complete the challenge or complete it correctly, they have to "Dine" (on the farfaru). If it is an RC, then members of the team that refuse to eat the farfaru either get penalized further, or the team gets penalized. If an IC, then they are disqualified for refusing to eat. What do you think?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •